PDA

View Full Version : Episode 14 - The Imaginary Okapi

s-tlk
July 8th, 2016, 09:11 PM
This episode was really good. I like Makucha very much. My favorite character so far. He has a very fitting synchronization voice with Steve Blum (never heard this name before, but he actually gives his voice to a lot of characters). The rest of the episode was a little weird:

Why is the lion guard so protective about their prey? Does the circle of life tell that this poor leopard should starve to death especially when he's not hunting the Pride Lands animals?
Another questions I asked myself: how does TLG know about a leopard when they are usually not living or coming through the Pride Lands? I would have found it better, when they had to investigate this more closely or asked Rafiki for help.

HasiraKali
July 9th, 2016, 04:56 AM
Your first point in the spoiler bugs me too. They're supposed to protect the Circle of Life, but isn't what they're really doing (especially in this episode) interfering and messing it up?

Also, Makucha reminds me of Sabor from Tarzan (who is actually a lioness in the book). He's like if Scar and Sabor had a cub. :P

Sharifu
July 9th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Haha, we were saying the same thing as we were watching this episode. None of the predators seem to be allowed to eat any of the prey. (Other than the lions and Fuli) Hyenas, jackals, now this leopard? Especially when the okapi wasn't even from the pridelands? Maybe they felt because Beshte became friends with the okapi, they needed to protect it now. But still, it seems that The Lion Guard is all about protecting the prey animals from predators, unless the predators are the royal lion family, or Fuli. :kionhmph:

Other then that, I think it was an alright episode. I liked Makucha's design. I didn't care for the song though. Rap style, really? I guess I feel that way because I usually don't like rap songs. :p

HasiraKali
July 9th, 2016, 10:44 PM
We were laughing so hard during the song. :lol: A rapping hippo.

Leorgathar
July 10th, 2016, 12:03 AM
Hmm I think they should explain these Circle of Life plotholes in a future episode, even children must be wondering these things :uhno:
If I had to explain it somehow, I guess some parts of the Pridelands work much like an animal sanctuary, where animals don't need to worry at all about predators, and when one animal like the okapi enters these designated areas, they're protected by law. But those are just thoughts, as long as Disney doesn't explain it it's still weird xP

As for the episode itself, I quite liked it. Makucha is such an awesome new villain! I hope we'll get to see him again at some point. And the song, even though I'm not really into rap either, I still found it pretty good, at least they used guitar play in the background instead of a beatbox :p

I lost it at the zebra leader being offended because Makucha said the okapi was tastier than him. That was hillarious :lol: I love that zebra

HasiraKali
July 10th, 2016, 12:11 AM
I lost it at the zebra leader being offended because Makucha said the okapi was tastier than him. That was hillarious :lol: I love that zebra

That's where I lost it too. :lol:

Azerane
November 13th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Oh man, we hadn't watched any new episodes until today since Bunga and the King came out, so we're waaaay behind. This episode was interesting. I love, love, loved the leopard, Makucha. He seems like an awesome, well-rounded character and I like the way he looks. I had the same gripes with the song and the whole, lets not eat any prey animals thing that everyone else seems to have.

Also, I'm assuming that they used the correct pronunciation of Okapi in the show... Oh-kaaa-pee. I've always said it Oak-a-pee :p