PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Lauriferous
May 11th, 2016, 07:52 PM
Hi everyone. :)

I'm not the greatest at writing intros, so I'll try to keep this as short as I can. What can I say about TLK...it's my absolute favorite Disney movie. I saw it in theaters back in 1994 and became an instant fan. My childhood would've been a lot duller if The Lion King hadn't been a part of it. I have so many wonderful memories associated with this movie. I'm also a big fan of the sequel, Simba's Pride. I remember seeing the VHS clamshell in Walmart and practically begging my mother to buy it for me. haha

Aside from The Lion King, my favorite Disney movies include 101 Dalmatians, Bambi, and Oliver & Company. I'm also a fan of Don Bluth's work and many of Studio Ghibli's films, especially Princess Mononoke.

Nice to meet you all.

nathalie
May 11th, 2016, 07:54 PM
Hi there, nice to meet you :)

Since you've seen it back in 1994, it's nice to see some new "same-age" members, hehe ^^

Dare
May 11th, 2016, 08:34 PM
Salutations!
:)

Kirauni
May 11th, 2016, 08:42 PM
Welcome to our humble home :)

Ahh... Princess Mononoke. It was the first Studio Ghibli movie I've ever watched and I really enjoyed it.

Lauriferous
May 11th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

@Kirauni - Always nice to meet another Princess Mononoke fan. :D

HasiraKali
May 11th, 2016, 11:31 PM
Howdy! I'm a 1994 person too. We seem to be a rare breed lately. Anyway, welcome to Lea!

Vidan
May 12th, 2016, 01:23 AM
Welcome to Lea!

Oh, man, I would love to have seen TLK in the theater as a kid (guess seeing it in 3D in the theaters sort of makes up for it, except for the "as a kid" part). And Princess Mononoke is awesome.

Leorgathar
May 12th, 2016, 05:15 AM
Welcome to Lea, Lauriferous! I hope you like it here :D

I saw TLK in the theater when I was 7, so I'm one of the 94's fans too. They'll actually put it in the theater here this weekend, so I'm definitely going :simbabiggrin:

King Simba
May 12th, 2016, 06:54 AM
*Raises paw* I'm from the '94 fans too. :cs_rockon_2: I was only 4 years old when I first saw TLK in cinemas, but I still remember it just like it was yesterday.

Welcome to Lea! I hope you'll feel very welcome here. :)

Lauriferous
May 12th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Howdy! I'm a 1994 person too. We seem to be a rare breed lately. Anyway, welcome to Lea!

Thank you for the welcome, HasiraKali. Great to meet another '94 fan! :)

Welcome to Lea!

Oh, man, I would love to have seen TLK in the theater as a kid (guess seeing it in 3D in the theaters sort of makes up for it, except for the "as a kid" part). And Princess Mononoke is awesome.

Thank you, Vidan. Nice to meet you! And yes, seeing The Lion King in theaters as a kid was a great experience! At least you got to see it in 3D..that's pretty cool. :D

Welcome to Lea, Lauriferous! I hope you like it here :D
I saw TLK in the theater when I was 7, so I'm one of the 94's fans too. They'll actually put it in the theater here this weekend, so I'm definitely going :simbabiggrin:

Thanks, Leorgathar. Pleasure to meet you! Wow, that's great you're able to see The Lion King again at a movie theater! You're so lucky.

*Raises paw* I'm from the '94 fans too. :cs_rockon_2: I was only 4 years old when I first saw TLK in cinemas, but I still remember it just like it was yesterday.

Welcome to Lea! I hope you'll feel very welcome here. :)

'94 fans unite! Thanks for the welcome, King Simba. Everyone has been very kind and welcoming. You have a great community here.

Azerane
May 12th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Welcome to the forum! Woohoo, more '94 fans :D I too saw it as a kid and fell in love immediately. :)

cleargreenwater
May 13th, 2016, 02:21 AM
Lol, yeah, I think the majority of us here are 94ers, the Lea demographic skews a little older. Welcome aboard!

Kirauni
May 13th, 2016, 08:19 AM
You might be right about that CGW. I'm also one of those "long-term" Lion King fans out there ;)
And as most of you, I immediately fell in love with the movie. The opening was just so breathtaking.. I've never seen anything like it since.

Vidan
May 13th, 2016, 09:11 AM
I think the majority of us here are 94ers, the Lea demographic skews a little older

Now that I think about it, I would have been a bit older than the target demographic even then -- maybe that's why I never saw it in the theater?

Call me a '95er then, because I did end up seeing it on VHS, at school, of all places. No VHS player at home growing up, so that was literally the only time I saw it. I was in 8th grade, and we were paired up with 2nd graders as "buddies" to work on art projects or some such (it was a K-8 school). They put on The Lion King one day while we were doing an activity and I think I just ignored what ever else was going on because it was really good. Before seeing the movie, I must have already heard the Elton John versions of "Circle of Life" or "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" 100 times or more on the radio. Flash forward to 2003 when it was released on DVD, that was my "true awakening".

In any case, not to go off on a tangent too much, I agree with Nathalie and others in saying it's good to have more 30-somethings around to reminisce with! :mufasasmile:

HasiraKali
May 13th, 2016, 10:07 PM
One of the kids in my 6th period class said he'd never seen TLK when I was making references and quoting Mufasa last week. Instead of other fun things, his class has chosen to spend their last two days watching TLK so he can "salvage his childhood" as one of them put it.

Azerane
May 15th, 2016, 02:09 AM
...so he can "salvage his childhood" as one of them put it.

:lol: Love it.

Kasei
May 16th, 2016, 07:50 PM
I am also someone who remembers seeing it in theaters when it came out, I was around 6 years old. I recall that I knew from the opening cry of Circle of Life that it would leave an impression. xD

Anyway, you are among friends here. Welcome!

Lauriferous
May 19th, 2016, 09:28 PM
Thanks, guys! It's really cool meeting other '94'ers here. I didn't expect there'd be so many. Yay! :D

Guntur
May 20th, 2016, 05:04 AM
Welcome to the forum, I'm glad that we found another 94's viewers. I believe the only line that attract me is Scar's "So be it."

Anyway Welcome, enjoy your stay here and post often. :D