PDA

View Full Version : Who is this mysterious lion!? (TLG game app)

Leorgathar
May 6th, 2016, 09:10 AM
Ok, so... I finally was able to purchase the The Lion Guard game app for iOS. It's a fun little game and all (with some impressive music, btw), but I noticed something odd in the main menu screen, where all the characters are in the Guard's Lair.

If you scroll with your finger to the right you can see the cave wall where Rafiki's paintings are depicting the backstory of Scar's Guard, the same one as in Return of the Roar:

http://orig08.deviantart.net/4de6/f/2016/127/0/7/mysterypic1_by_leorgathar-da1l304.png

There's a little easter egg here where you tap the painting and the Zuka Zama music video is played, but that's not what's interesting about this picture. Look at that giant lion head over Pride Rock right above Mufasa.

http://orig08.deviantart.net/d887/f/2016/127/6/5/mysterypic2_by_leorgathar-da1l30q.png

Who is this guy!? :rafikisurprise: I mean, the obvious answer would be that he's Mufasa's ghost, but... this is a painting of Mufasa and Scar's backstory, Simba wasn't even been born yet! Besides, he doesn't exactly look like Mufasa, the colors don't really match, and he's appearing right above a living Mufasa anyway.

And it's not like he wasn't supposed to appear in RotR in the first place, I'm pretty sure that he was actually cut from it. You can still faintly see the lower tip of his cloud-mane in this screenshot from the movie (Before Rafiki makes the paintings move)

http://orig05.deviantart.net/35c3/f/2016/127/8/d/mysterypic3_by_leorgathar-da1l31a.png

But that's the only leftover there is. When the paintings are moving he's nowhere to be seen :hmm: So who is he? and why was he cut out?
Could he be Mufasa and Scar's father? like, maybe they originally intended to include him in their backstory? Am I being silly and he's really just Mufasa's ghost?

I don't know, but with the drought of TLG episodes we'll be having, I thought this might be something to talk about at least :p

ThiagoPE
May 7th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Is this game available outside United States?

We can only hope this exclusivity deal with Apple ends for we, Android users, be also able to play those games. ..

Enviado de meu LG-D337 usando Tapatalk

Leorgathar
May 7th, 2016, 09:13 PM
It's available in Mexico now at least. I guess it must be in Brazil too, but yeah, it's only for iOS, unfortunately ><

Aurelian
May 9th, 2016, 06:53 PM
I would imagine the mysterious lion is Mufasa and Scar's father, Ahadi.

Kirauni
May 12th, 2016, 09:47 PM
Great find, Leor! That's so awesome... I simply had to share this with some German fans over at my forum, too.
Thanks for pointing this one out. I'll go and check if it made it to the German version of the game as well since I got really curious. And a Lion with white mane? That's really special!

I don't think that they'd name the lion Ahadi or Mohatu (Mufasa's Grandfather). I mean their colours are way too different and I doubt they'd use their names since the producers somehows want to seperate the TV show from the old books/radio plays. At least that's what I think because Jasiri is Jasiri now and not "Asante". :P

Leorgathar
May 12th, 2016, 11:16 PM
I already made fanart of him :lol:

Yeah, I don't think they'll ever refer to him as Ahadi or Mohatu, but he could certainly be Mufasa's father, or maybe it was intended as their general way of saying there are Great Kings of the Past watching over the Pridelands. Who knows if they'll even address him in a future episode or not, but I hope they do :3