PDA

View Full Version : 16 animation to live-action movie remakes Disney has in the works right now

Vidan
April 26th, 2016, 05:55 PM
I knew Disney was planning a number of live action adaptations of animated films, but I hadn't realized it was quite this many:

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2016/04/16-animation-to-live-action-movie-remakes-disney-has-in-the-works-right-now/

What do you think about all of this? Some of these do sound promising, but I wouldn't mind if they focused more on creating new, original content.

Guntur
April 26th, 2016, 06:01 PM
Excellent lists.

I'm expecting Aladdin to be in the grey area after Robin Williams died. Just like Heath Ledger on Batman and Christopher Reeves on Superman. I don't know whether the fan going to accept the new genie. the Intention is good but I doubt people would accept the new Genie.

Azerane
April 26th, 2016, 09:22 PM
I'm really not keen on all the live actions to be honest. While I admired the visual creativity of Alice in Wonderland, and Maleficent, I'm not a huge fan of the realism mixed with those saturated colours that make things stylised, it's a weird clash for me. That being said, I haven't yet seen the Jungle Book which I have high hopes for. I've never even seen the original Pete's Dragon so I may have to give that one a watch before the new one comes out.

Leorgathar
April 26th, 2016, 11:02 PM
I actually liked The Jungle Book a lot, I didn't expect it to be so good :)
I think some Disney live-action remakes can work pretty well. But just like Azerane, I'm not a fan of realism + saturated colours, so I'll keep having mixed feelings until I've seen the movie in question.

I'm still not sure about some films like... Dumbo :headache:, but I would be interested in watching a new version of The Sword and the Stone, and Pete's Dragon certainly looks interesting.

There's already a live-action Pinocchio movie from 1996 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5XE1rwdzz0) that feels very close to the Disney classic. I watched it as a kid, but I remember I quite liked it then (plus, it stars our own Simba, Jonathan Taylor Thomas). Who knows what they'll make of the new one, but I'll be content if they make it close to this. Only with better effects and with a less creepy-looking puppet xD

Falconsfan22
May 8th, 2016, 05:29 AM
I think the only I am interested in is Mulan I can't wait to see how they cast it and what they do with mushu