PDA

View Full Version : Last Lion Guard episode reveals stunning truth about Nala's mysterious father!

Aurelian
April 3rd, 2016, 04:10 PM
The last episode of the Lion Guard, "Paintings and Predictions", featured Bungaa incorrectly interpreting Rafiki's paintings showing the history of the Pride Lands as predicting the future. One of the paintings depicts a male lion cub, innitially thought to be Kion, falling from a tree. The cub can be seen to have yellow fur and a red mane tuft.

Later, Rafiki reveals that this cub was NOT Kion, but rather Kion's grandfather, Nala's father.

This proves that Nala's father is NOT, as commonly suspected, Scar, but was instead, an orphaned cub found by a previous Lion Guard and taken in by the Pride Landers during the time of Ahadi and Uru(Mufasa and Scar's parents/Kion's great-grandparents). In addition, this proves that Simba and Nala are NOT related in ANY WAY.

(Edit: Sorry, forgot we have a Lion Guard forum now. You can move/delete this as needed.)

Kirauni
April 3rd, 2016, 07:29 PM
Yes, this really was quite a big surprise. I've heard some fans say that this might have been an April Fool's Joke, but I highly doubt it. It seems like the creators of the TV show really tried to clear up one of TLK's many secrets. On the other hand now we've got a ton of new questions. XD

But I'm glad that we have finally an official reference to Nala's father. The question remains if you really can count TLG as "canon" ;)

Anyways... yay for new theories!

(Edit: Sorry, forgot we have a Lion Guard forum now. You can move/delete this as needed.)

Done :zazuayeayesir:

Azerane
April 3rd, 2016, 07:55 PM
For me it doesn't prove anything. The cub looks a lot like Mufasa, I think it's highly unlikely to be him, but at this stage he can't be ruled out. In addition, it doesn't prove the cub is an orphan at all. There could have been another lioness in the pride who had a cub/cubs, just like with Sarabi and Sarafina. It is very interesting, but the only thing it proves is that the cub is not Scar.

Kasei
April 3rd, 2016, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I didn't get the impression that the cub was from outside of the pride either. That's certainly a possibility, but all we really know is he wasn't a great tree climber. ;)

(Edited for grammar. e_e; )

HasiraKali
April 4th, 2016, 01:16 AM
I agree that it doesn't really prove anything other than that Nala's father had issues climbing trees.