PDA

View Full Version : Zootopia

Darkslash
March 21st, 2016, 05:26 PM
Surprised no thread yet. Hell of a movie - clearly a great team of people putting in all the details to make a huge impression! IMO the best 3D Disney's made yet.

Kirauni
March 21st, 2016, 06:37 PM
I haven't watched it yet, but I'm going to. Can't wait to see it with my friends right after Easter :)

HasiraKali
March 21st, 2016, 09:42 PM
We saw it Friday night. LOVED it. I can't wait to go see it a few more times before it leaves theaters. Totally a Blu-ray purchase worthy one.

Azerane
March 22nd, 2016, 09:38 AM
We just got back home from seeing this one. I absolutely loved it, great characters and animation, and best of all, very funny :D Worth every cent.

Also, did anyone else pick the Frozen reference? :) Not the Let It Go one, but the Duke of Weselton one?

EDIT: Also, FINALLY an animated rabbit that doesn't have paw pads! Disney, you're the best :cheese:

Kasei
March 22nd, 2016, 05:23 PM
I've been wanting to see it but so far no one will go with me, and I hate seeing movies alone. :( If I have to see it alone then I'd rather just wait and rent it when it comes out and watch it for much less in the privacy of my own home. Was possibly going to see it this afternoon, but I think the other folks might bail. Oh well. Eventually I will watch it! Til then I will stay away from this thread. xD

ThiagoPE
March 22nd, 2016, 06:14 PM
I watched it ok the day it premiered here and I liked it a lot most because the story than the design (even tough the movie has a nice design)

I already watched it again with some friends and I think I will watch it again before it go out cinemas.

Vidan
March 22nd, 2016, 06:35 PM
I saw it the week before last. The animation was well done, and I appreciated the allegory, especially in the current political climate here in the US (and other parts of the world too, no doubt).

One of my friends who saw it before me wondered if it was going to be my "new Lion King," as if somehow it would become my new favorite overnight. Maybe it has to do with having so many friends in the furry fandom. In any case, I honestly didn't consider The Lion King my favorite animated movie until many years later, and after seeing it many times.

Leorgathar
March 22nd, 2016, 07:16 PM
I watched it last night, and I just fell in love with it :cs_grin: This is Disney Animation Studio coming back to greatness and matching Pixar in quality.
I too liked how it addresses a currently ongoing issue, besides being a very fun movie, it's also a very important one to refer to when talking about race/gender equality with both children and adults alike, and I'm glad it got everything so right. I really hope it has an impact in future generations, even if it's small :)

It's a very beautifully designed movie too, I'm sure it will receive many awards for that. And it's also really, really funny. I only wish they hadn't spoiled the whole sloths scene in the trailers, it never fails to crack me up :lol:

Azerane
April 1st, 2016, 06:47 AM
So excited! My friend won free tickets to Zootopia so now I get to see it again. Can't wait :D Can look for more of the intricate details this time :)