PDA

View Full Version : Episode 9 - Follow That Hippo!

Leorgathar
March 19th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Finally, after a 2 weeks hiatus The Lion Guard is back, and whoa... what an episode they rewarded us with!

This is my favorite episode now. It's up high along with Never Judge a Hyena by its Spots as one of the best in the series so far. I don't think there's anything I can complain about, I loved it so much! ^^
I won't put a "spoiler" button this time, since it's obvious we'll be discussing SPOILERS, but you're warned anyway :p

---

First off, I liked the new kid characters playing pretend The Lion Guard, they were all really cute! I got the feeling that they represent a bit what the TLG fandom is like, I mean look, one of them thinks Beshte is the best character, they roleplay, and they don't like Bunga that much (haha I chuckled at that part :zazuevil2:)
The Guard's training was great to see too, Kion certainly does a great job being a leader and keeping his Guard fit, all the exercises were fun to watch, and provided some good laughs. In fact, there were some genuinely funny moments during this episode that made me laugh more than in others, like Mtoto water-blasting Fuli after she just avoided getting wet, or that zebra bragging about being the most delicious animal (god that was hillarious xD)

Now the highlight of the episode...
Omg, Beshte's song was really beautiful! :cs_love: I don't know why they didn't include it in the album CD, but I'm also kind of glad they didn't, it was a wonderful surprise! Beshte really deserved an episode centered on him, and this one totally delivered. For if we needed yet another reason to love this hippo, him being a role model for a little elephant and inspiring him to never give up on his dream was heartwarming in so many levels.
Really, if there were more Beshtes around, the world would definitely be a much better place :simbahappy:

KanuTGL
March 19th, 2016, 02:25 PM
I was also really happy to see an episode focusing on Beshte <3 He's definitely my favourite guard member and it was fun to see some more of his character. And that he got his own song too! That was neat and unexpected :)

The kids were really cute, especially the zebra and the ostrich. The contrast between them and the Lion Guard made the Guard seem much older though and it seems odd that they are supposed to be kids themselves - I feel like they should've upped the ages of Kion and the group to teenagers at least. All in all not a bad episode, though I think that the hyenas were unusually dumb in this one, haha. It felt like they were mainly there to give Beshte an opportunity to save Mtoto and they were never an actual threat to anyone. But when are they ever, of course xP

I agree there were lots of good jokes in this episode too. My favourite gag was easily that "whoever is last" gets to play Bunga :scarbiggrin: :p

Azerane
March 29th, 2016, 06:17 AM
Oh man, I loved that they played on Bunga's unpopularity :lol: I laughed so hard at that one.

It was a pretty cute episode, I thought it was cute how the other animals were playing Lion Guard, definitely what I would have done as a kid had this show been around then :D I did like the scene at the end with Beshte and Mtoto sneaking past the crocodiles and Mtoto spraying them in the face :D Also, such an adorable baby ostrich!

Kasei
March 29th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Oh my gosh, I loved this episode. The mini lion guard features three of my favorite African critters: Elephant, Ostrich, and Zebra! SO CUTE. The mongoose and baboon were adorable too, of course. I think they make a great mini lion guard!

And of course, loved that we got to see more Beshte! He's great. The song he sang was kind of meh, in my opinion. Nowhere near as memorable as Sisi Ni Sawa, so I would say that ep is still my favorite as far as best put together all around. But this one is definitely a close second. Mostly because it features an adorable elephant. Though his "tusks" kind of bothered me. I guess I'll just pretend his actual tusks haven't grown in yet and he just has massive lower mandibles. x3

Also, that face Kion made at the end when all the kiddos were clamoring to get a paw mark was magnificent.

cleargreenwater
April 14th, 2016, 01:06 AM
Oh my gosh, I loved this episode. The mini lion guard features three of my favorite African critters: Elephant, Ostrich, and Zebra! SO CUTE.

I totally thought of you when I saw the baby elephant! He was adorable!

I think they were supposed to be toddlers, younger-sibling age.