PDA

View Full Version : Time is Running Out

Vidan
December 23rd, 2004, 03:25 AM
All 3 TLK films will re-enter (http://dvd.disneyemailcenter.com/functions/message_view.html?mid=474384&mlid=22981&siteid=13493&uid=3649b7cc33)the magical (nay, mythical!) 'Disney Vault' on January 31st.

:eek:

lion_roog
December 23rd, 2004, 03:33 AM
Disney seems to know how to work the demand versus supply to their advantage.:cheese:

Suki
December 23rd, 2004, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Woes
All 3 TLK films will re-enter (http://dvd.disneyemailcenter.com/functions/message_view.html?mid=474384&mlid=22981&siteid=13493&uid=3649b7cc33)the magical (nay, mythical!) 'Disney Vault' on January 31st.

:gasp::eek: Nooooooooooooooo........

I gotta get the 3 disk set for christmas XD
(The DVD set ;))

Vidan
December 23rd, 2004, 03:39 AM
There are two competing formats, Advanced Optical Disc (AOD) and Blue-Ray, competing to be the successor of DVD. The discs will allow the storage of over 20GB of data, allowing for either more bonus features or a higher quality presentation. Perhaps the next release of TLK will be in one of these formats.

Suki
December 23rd, 2004, 03:41 AM
There are two competing formats, Advanced Optical Disc (AOD) and Blue-Ray, competing to be the successor of DVD. The discs will allow the storage of over 20GB of data, allowing for either more bonus features or a higher quality presentation. Perhaps the next release of TLK will be in one of these formats.

:Ooo:

lion_roog
December 23rd, 2004, 03:52 AM

Yeah, a disk that can hold more information than most personal computers today....except new computers, which now can hold up to 80GBs. I believe DVDs hold about 5 to 6 GBs of info.....so you can either put about 7 or 8 movies on one of those new discs or have one movie with a ton of extras...considering that I believe the Blue-Ray will be using the blue laser technology which makes it possible to store around 40GBs on one disc.

Vidan
December 23rd, 2004, 04:00 AM
I heard that the Japanese were going to use one of these technologies in conjunction with high definition televisions in order to present full length movies that can take advantage of the higher resolution. Sounds good to me. I'd rather pay to see a better version of TLK than to pay for additional bonus features. (In the latter, case, Disney really ought to release a supplementary disc.)

Granted ... I don't have a high definition TV, nor will I have one for many years. Trip to Sharifu's mom's place? :lol:

lion_roog
December 23rd, 2004, 04:34 AM

Granted ... I don't have a high definition TV, nor will I have one for many years. Trip to Sharifu's mom's place? :lol:

:haha: ...Let's do it!!!....:D

ChildOfThePride
December 23rd, 2004, 04:48 AM
I'd love to see a TLK DVD set with EVERYTHING....EVERY cut scene, character...you name it I want it.

Kovu
December 23rd, 2004, 04:49 AM
They're gonna lock us in a vault?! :gasp: :eek: :p
And why's it "re-enter"? Was TLK in the vault before? :confused:

Vidan
December 23rd, 2004, 05:06 AM
Wasn't it, prior to the release of the DVD special edition? I just assumed so.

Mufasa
December 23rd, 2004, 05:22 AM
Blue-Ray will most likely come installed with the PS3 and Disney has said recently they will support this format. But unless you have an HDTV you really won't see a huge difference in detail, if any.

Also I've read most animated movies won't look significantly different in HD than DVD because they don't contain as much detail as a real-life filmed image.

So if you don't have one of these movies, just get it now!

Vidan
December 23rd, 2004, 05:27 AM
Good point! Ties in with how they had to clean up the animation and add additional effects for the IMAX version of TLK, since the screen is so huge.

All I want is for that annoying layer change after The Morning Report to go away. :lol:

Shatara
December 23rd, 2004, 06:01 AM
There are two competing formats, Advanced Optical Disc (AOD) and Blue-Ray, competing to be the successor of DVD. The discs will allow the storage of over 20GB of data, allowing for either more bonus features or a higher quality presentation. Perhaps the next release of TLK will be in one of these formats.Does this mean there's still hope for the 'Mega Uber-Goober Laser Explosion Special Edition' of TLK2, complete with deleted scenes? :o

All I want is for that annoying layer change after The Morning Report to go away. :lol: So much for 'seemless intergration', eh...? XD

Vidan
December 23rd, 2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Shatara
Does this mean there's still hope for the 'Mega Uber-Goober Laser Explosion Special Edition' of TLK2, complete with deleted scenes? :o

Here, here. The bonus features on the TLK2:SP SE were woefully inadequate. :die:

Prince Simba
December 23rd, 2004, 07:10 AM
*dies*

STOP SCARING ME, WOES!

well... good thing i got myself TLK1:SE back in august... and i'll just have to hope that my sister actually did get me SP:SE for Christmas... if she knows what's good for her, she better--

erm... i mean, i hope she got it for me. i've really wanted it and i've been really good this year :p

unregistered user
December 23rd, 2004, 06:07 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :gasp:

Time to hurry then. :evilgrin:

LunarCat
December 23rd, 2004, 07:18 PM
disney is so evil...........get eisner!!!!!!! i don't like him, we need to get rid of him.............:die:

anyways,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!:gasp: :eek: :Ohno:

va-kasi
December 23rd, 2004, 11:38 PM
*deep ponderings wheter I should get The TLK one*

I read a review that didn't think so much of the special features, I don't want to get it if the features aren't great because my VHS version is perfectly fine.

Guess it's now or never http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/va-kasi/kovuwow.jpg

TakaTiger
December 23rd, 2004, 11:44 PM
:o not the vault! <gasp>

Suki
December 24th, 2004, 06:01 AM
I wanted to say something else....

WTH? They're gonna lock us in a vault?!? But it's gonna be all dirty and smelly and...eee-yuuuw!:eek: *walks up to eisner and beats him up* You deserve it, bub. :D

Suki
December 24th, 2004, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Kovu
And why's it "re-enter"? Was TLK in the vault before? :confused:

My dad said the flims stay in the vault for seven or eight years. Oo(IDK if he's right XD) But IDK why "re-enter" XD

Vidan
December 24th, 2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Suki
My dad said the flims stay in the vault for seven or eight years. Oo(IDK if he's right XD) But IDK why "re-enter" XD

According to lionking.org, TLK was available on VHS and laserdisc up until 1997-1998, and was 'vaulted' until the release of the special edition DVD and VHS in 2003.

Kippy
December 24th, 2004, 06:28 AM
I was under the impression that they did new versions of Disney movies every ten years. Figured it made sense since this year was the tenth anniversary of TLK. But I guess the TLKDVD was released last year? Hm. Oh well, ten years coincides well with the other movies :)

Suki
December 24th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Kippy
I was under the impression that they did new versions of Disney movies every ten years. Figured it made sense since this year was the tenth anniversary of TLK. But I guess the TLKDVD was released last year? Hm. Oh well, ten years coincides well with the other movies :)

Y'know, I was wondering that too :confused:.....

Suki
December 24th, 2004, 06:33 AM
According to lionking.org, TLK was available on VHS and laserdisc up until 1997-1998, and was 'vaulted' until the release of the special edition DVD and VHS in 2003.

You must thank my mom for the VHS XD

SimbaTLK1
December 24th, 2004, 03:36 PM
All I want is for that annoying layer change after The Morning Report to go away. :lol:
Hahaha, so true. :cheese: :alone: Thats so sad that Disney is going to vault TLK. I wonder if they will do the same with the other disney movies they're re-releasing on DVD, like Aladdin, Mulan, and whatever else. I assume they would.

Suki
December 24th, 2004, 08:37 PM
What's the point of the crappy vault anyways?http://img80.exs.cx/img80/2751/8O.jpg

Dare
December 24th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Yoinked from another site:

Q:What is the Disney vault?

A: Disney has a marketing strategy in which they release an animated movie and leave it on the market for a set period of time. After this time period, Disney takes them off the market and puts them in the Disney Vault. This means that the consumer is unable to obtain them for ten years. This method allows for movies to cycle, build up anticipation, and target the next generation.

So you see, it does serve a purpose and I think that it serves that purpose quite well. If you have a movie sitting on the shelf for over a year or so, it makes it difficult to promote that movie and sooner or later the retail value will plummet...I've seen movies go from valued at $25.99 down to $12.99 in a matter of months. By cycling through which movies are available and which aren't, it allows Disney to keep both promotion and prices up...and there's other stuff involved too, but I don't have time to explain right now. ;)

At any rate, it doesn't concern me since I have my copies already...

Sharifu
December 25th, 2004, 07:46 AM

*weeeeeee* :lol:

lion_roog
December 25th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Wicked
Yoinked from another site:

So you see, it does serve a purpose and I think that it serves that purpose quite well. If you have a movie sitting on the shelf for over a year or so, it makes it difficult to promote that movie and sooner or later the retail value will plummet...I've seen movies go from valued at $25.99 down to $12.99 in a matter of months. By cycling through which movies are available and which aren't, it allows Disney to keep both promotion and prices up...and there's other stuff involved too, but I don't have time to explain right now. ;)

At any rate, it doesn't concern me since I have my copies already...

It's quite a brilliant marketing strategy.

starionwolf
December 25th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the info. When will the movies be released again? In 7 years? I forgot.

I alread have all three films. It'll be interesting to see if Disney adds new features or documentaries to the new releases in 7 years. Aren't the DVDs going to be released in High Definition DVD too? I keep forgeting the technical details. I hope Disney Shows The Lion King in Imax Theaters too and starts a new line of toys and merchandise in 7 years. :)

Sharifu
December 25th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Did you know TLK was already released in IMAX Theaters? At least for a few months anyways. (Not long enough) :p

I bought all these DVDs on the release day heh.

unregistered user
December 26th, 2004, 02:00 AM
:gasp:They're going away forever?!?!? *Faints then dies*:zzz: Now, I'm gonna get loads of nightmares.:eww: So...hopefully they'll come back out of the *stupid* vault ten years from now?:curious: I hope so, otherwise I'd be so mad.:grrr: I mean, I got the whole set already:pbut I'd feel much better if they were out, cuz then just in case I'd lose one of my prized TLK DvD, then I would just go run out and but it again.:cheese:*Destroys Eisner*:p Yes, now he is dead!:evilgrin: *Burns the vault idea* woohoo!!!

Darkslash
December 26th, 2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by ChildOfThePride
I'd love to see a TLK DVD set with EVERYTHING....EVERY cut scene, character...you name it I want it.
The Laserdisc version comes close, I think, not DVD quality, but it has a lot of stuff that didn't get on the DVD.

I just got mine yesterday. I bought the 4-disc collector's edition for about 40 bucks and you cannot tell anyone ever opened it. Look on Ebay if you want one. Just make sure your laserdisc player does AC-3 Dolby Digital audio!

Sharifu
December 26th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Wow, I got that collector's edition laserdiscs on ebay too. I didn't pay as much as you... And it came with eveything and it is mint.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6344504881&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Originally posted by Kenyi
but I'd feel much better if they were out, cuz then just in case I'd lose one of my prized TLK DvD, then I would just go run out and but it again.:cheese:

There is always ebay ya know. XD

Suki
December 26th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu
Wow, I got that collector's edition laserdiscs on ebay too. I didn't pay as much as you... And it came with eveything and it is mint.

Mint? Does this mean I can eat it? :D

lion_roog
December 26th, 2004, 07:22 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6344504881&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

There is always ebay ya know. XD

Ebay is so freakin' awesome.:cheese:

2 Die FR
December 26th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Someday I'll find that infamous Disney vault. Anyone wanna help me raid it???

Darkslash
December 26th, 2004, 07:34 PM
[B]Wow, I got that collector's edition laserdiscs on ebay too. I didn't pay as much as you... And it came with eveything and it is mint.
Yep, you paid less than me. But I used Buy it Now b/c I didn't want to wait for it to end.

nafklt
December 26th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Hmm...:hmm: I guess I'll wait again for the super duper awesomness edition that was discussed in another thread..:woeisme:

lion_roog
December 27th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Darkslash
Yep, you paid less than me. But I used Buy it Now b/c I didn't want to wait for it to end.

I know what you mean.....No Way am I gonna wait another 23 minutes for the auction to end....I don't care if I have to pay $25 to buy it now even though the auction price is 25 cents.......:D

jannali
December 27th, 2004, 01:35 AM
i think the vault is a good thing

Vidan
December 27th, 2004, 03:20 AM
I don't like the 'vaulting' per se, but what Disney's doing makes good business sense.

If the end result of vaulting keeps Disney afloat and their stock price high, Disney will keep producing original material. They're already losing momentum because their core market (original movie and TV animation) is floundering, and they (from what I've read) have to re-release their older works to keep the positive cash flow going. If the market is flooded with Disney DVD's, they will be forced to lower the price point of a particular title in order to keep sales going. That has an unfortunate negative effect of saturating the market with that title, and less people will be receptive to a re-release.

The other method they can (and do) employ to capitalize on their previous successes is through cross-marketing of toys, games, etc. related to their hot sellers in hope of enticing consumers to spend more per movie. While it might be good for collectors, this can only go on for so long -- usually until the sales of the movie itself start falling or until, again, the market is saturated with related merchandise that consumers will become apathetic or even hostile to more of it.

Honestly, I'd rather see the company profit by commanding a higher price for its movies rather than fill the world with more of what most people (hard-core collectors aside) would call junk.

lion_roog
December 27th, 2004, 06:22 AM
It might be more simple for Disney to profit off of merchandise because all they do is sell the rights to their product to a manufacturer....very low over head. Where as making and selling DVDs and such creates a much larger over head.

Vidan
December 27th, 2004, 07:01 AM
That's true. I don't imagine that they'd make nearly as much per unit on the licensing fees alone for toys and such., but they'll do it anyway, probably because of the reason you mentioned (little or no overhead).

It's also true that it doesn't take a whole lot of money to produce a DVD, including its packaging. Somewhere on the order of $1-2 USD. Anything above those initial few bucks is cash on hand for them. That's why it behooves them to keep the retail price of their DVD's high by limiting supply. :cheese:

Mamela
December 27th, 2004, 11:04 AM
I'm glad I have all movies now on dvd and vhs..except for 1 1/2(only have it on dvd). :)

Azerane
December 28th, 2004, 02:32 AM
I have 1 and 2 on VHS and DVD and I don't think i'll bother getting 3, it's ust a bit silly. Unless someone gives it to me I won't get it

TakaTiger
December 28th, 2004, 02:48 AM
i need the origonal dvd of the 2nd one >.>

jannali
December 28th, 2004, 04:07 AM
do you know if the original sp dvd has any special features or not? im considering buying it but if its just the movie then theres no point seeing that i already have it on vhs and the new dvd

va-kasi
December 28th, 2004, 08:56 AM
I'm pretty sure that there's no other features on the original DVD of SP, I think there was just a/or some trailers I think.

edit:

Just the music video of 'love will find a way' and the trailer. ;)

SimbaTLK1
December 28th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Is there any difference in the quality between the 2 discs, the original, and SE?

imported_Rafiki
December 28th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTLK1
Is there any difference in the quality between the 2 discs, the original, and SE?

I like the SE more than the original one. The sound is much better. If you have 5.1 you should absolutely have the SE! If you like to have it in MANY different languages buy the original...

Darkslash
December 28th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Hey check out what my local Toys R Us let me have, a placard from one of their shelves:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/Darkslash/disneyvault.jpg

nathalie
December 29th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Rafiki
I If you like to have it in MANY different languages buy the original...

That's what I thought.

Only Dutch and Enlgish on the Belgium / Holland version :(

2 Die FR
December 31st, 2004, 06:32 PM
I got a very welcome piece of mail yesterday that looks a lot like Darkslash's pic. *yawn* it doesn't really involve me, I've got my lions share, but it's kinda sad too, the next time they release the movies might not be for eight, ten years, I could be buying the movies for my own kids by that time! Boy, that's a scary thought. That's a little too much forward thinking.

Simba '04
December 31st, 2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Darkslash
Hey check out what my local Toys R Us let me have, a placard from one of their shelves:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/Darkslash/disneyvault.jpg

I got that in a e-mail :p, I should go to my Toys'R'Us and bug them for theirs ;)

2 Die FR
December 31st, 2004, 06:44 PM
Oh yeah you work at Toys R Us, I knew that. You do that, '04.;)

Simba '04
December 31st, 2004, 06:49 PM
well I use to until I quit :p and then moved back to Georgia ;)

unregistered user
December 31st, 2004, 07:47 PM
S'04 is a Toys"R"Us kid. :lol: *weeeeeee* :cheese:

Darkslash
January 1st, 2005, 03:54 AM
I kinda pulled it off the shelf and THEN asked the manager, she said "Oh, this thing? psh, take it, whatever to make people happy"

TLK goes into the vault on my birthday.

(Does vaulting the movies include soundtracks?)

unregistered user
January 3rd, 2005, 01:30 AM
Phew!...Luckily I have all three of them already. :evilgrin:

Mabatu
January 5th, 2005, 05:54 AM
As far as a marketing strategy goes, i think 'the vault' is a good idea. I've already got all of the movies so it won't affect me, unless one of my discs get damaged, but then there's Ebay.

Prices of the movies have dropped quite a lot over here anyway. They were originally about $36, now you can get each one for $19.95.

It still seems strange that TLK is going to dissappear again though. Oh well, i'm sure the re-release in 10 years will spaw a whole new generation of fans :cheese:

I know i'll be buying the next SE they bring out, assuming i'm still alive in 10 years :gasp: ;)

SimbaTLK1
January 5th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Mabatu
Oh well, i'm sure the re-release in 10 years will spaw a whole new generation of fans :cheese:

awesome:cheese: :D =D :-)

Sharifu
January 6th, 2005, 12:43 AM
It will be weird when there will be fans who were born after 94. XD They never saw it in the theaters when it first was released.

Roku
January 9th, 2005, 04:13 PM
I don't have TLK 1.5....I better go get it before it's to late!!!!
I don't think that is justified. They should always have it available. For the longest time, it was almost IMPOSSIBLE to find TLK on video...and now they are doing it again. They should always have it available...it's only been out on DVD for a year and a half, for goodness sake! Those Disney people don't understand!!

Roku
January 9th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I don't have TLK 1.5....I better go get it before it's to late!!!!
I don't think that is justified. They should always have it available. For the longest time, it was almost IMPOSSIBLE to find TLK on video...and now they are doing it again. They should always have it available...it's only been out on DVD for a year and a half, for goodness sake! Those Disney people don't understand!!

SimbaTLK1
January 9th, 2005, 04:36 PM
echo.........echo...............echo.............. ....

DarkPaw
January 28th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Yes, at least that's what we were told. You see, since my Lion King disc is a bit battered and old (it magicallly disappeared for a few months and turned up in my cousin's room), and our DVD player is too sensitive to handle it. Thus, I'm not allowed to watch it at home. Well, my mom was out with a friend to buy a new one for me to indulge in my obsession...well, anyways, the lady at the store went to go check in the back. A man came out, and he announced that it'd been vaulted.

I'll try to be sure this is accurate, but until then, "To eBAY and Pawn Shops I go! Ride!"

nathalie
January 28th, 2006, 07:23 PM
They have been out of stores for quite some time now.

More info to be found:
1. http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5904&highlight=vault
2. http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3273&highlight=vault

*edit*
I think it was only in the US

Over here still loads of them for sale.

This Land
January 28th, 2006, 07:24 PM
They have already been stopped in the shops where i live :(

I had to buy online

Simbaspirit
January 28th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Shoot! i cant find my DVD though!!!

PS how do you get the commentary on the DVD:cheese:

DarkPaw
January 28th, 2006, 10:28 PM
You go to set-up, then hit audio options, and under the 'original' there should be "audio commentary." Anyhoo, that sucks terribly. Hmmph.

Simbaspirit
January 29th, 2006, 02:36 AM
ok, thanx!!

Kintaru
January 29th, 2006, 03:35 AM
Ahhh, gotta love Disney, refusing to sell copies of their movies so that a few years later they can throw in a few more features, jack up the price, and sell the movie to the masses all over again. I can't wait for the Super-Deluxe Platinum Sapphire edition of The Lion King. I heard it's gonna be in 3d!
:evilgrin:

Simbaspirit
January 29th, 2006, 03:55 AM
really :confused:

Simba '04
January 29th, 2006, 04:36 AM
I have three of them :evilgrin: One my parents got when it first came out on DVD which is when I first watched the Lion King in a long time and loved it and joined Lea ;), Then I got the special edition box set and left the TLK dvd it came with sealed in its plastic (so it is unopened and in mint condition) and then I bought my brother the DTS version of TLK on dvd off of ebay :cheese:

[edit] also I have the original VHS when it first came out :cheese:

Simbaspirit
January 29th, 2006, 04:42 AM
whats the DTS version??

Simba '04
January 29th, 2006, 04:47 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6473448941&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

much higher sound quality :cheese:

:hugs: DTS

nathalie
January 29th, 2006, 11:53 AM
I have 3 TLK 1 DVD's aswell.

1 from Belgium, 1 from the US (box set) and 1 from the UK (box set, and sealed).

Simbaspirit
January 29th, 2006, 06:23 PM
I see you already bought it ,'04 :p

Simba '04
January 29th, 2006, 06:33 PM
indubitly ;)

I'm sure there are more on ebay though :cheese:

nathalie
January 29th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Yeah, ebay rocks !! :cheese:

Can't believe sometimes people "throw" away such cool TLK stuff, haha :lol:

aj2590
January 30th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Only TLK DVD I have is TLK 1.5. I only have LK 1 & 2 on tape.

Still want it on DVD :cheese:

Sombolia
January 30th, 2006, 03:02 AM
I've got all three TLK movies on DVD, as well as the original VHSs of Sp & TLK.

I don't know why Disney even does that vaulting thing. :p

Bahati
January 30th, 2006, 04:32 AM
My DVD trilogy is sitting unopposed atop a bookshelf. I'm not certain about the fate of my TLK VHS.

TakaTiger
January 30th, 2006, 05:11 AM
i got 2 of em myself ^^

starionwolf
January 31st, 2006, 06:39 AM
eBay and Half.com has lots of Lion King DVDs. I bought the 1999 version of Simba's Pride from eBay.

Amazon.com also sells The Lion King on DVD.

ThiagoPE
January 31st, 2006, 10:31 AM
The brazilian version has DTS and still are avalaible in some stores... im really planing to buy another copy of lion king to keep it sealed here and after re-sell it by the double, triple of the prive, hehehehe, im mad.

Tiikeri
January 31st, 2006, 06:12 PM
Well that would certainly explain why it took me so long to find one in Finland. I can see their reason for doing it in most stores, but there are always like discount movie stores where you can get them. I know at my video rental place you can buy preowned movies as well as ex-rentals. If I remember correctly too, you can still rent the TLK DVD from there, I know you can rent SP still. But I've noticed that when I was looking round the record shops in Leeds, I never found a copy, I didn't ask or anything, but there weren't any on the shelves, and that was in both HMV and Virgin Megastore, 2 of the biggest record shops in the UK. So yeah, it may well have been vaulted, I guess they thought that everyone who wanted one has now got one, blah. And yes, Ebay totally pwns, it's like a second home to me, you will definately get one on there, the only thing to watch out for when buying DVDs from there is that they're not totally decked and scratched from misuse, as I've had a lot of problems with that when buying DVDs/CDs from Ebay.

nathalie
February 1st, 2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by nathalie
I have 3 TLK 1 DVD's aswell.

1 from Belgium, 1 from the US (box set) and 1 from the UK (box set, and sealed).

:eek: What a mistake I made ... I have 4 TLK 1 DVD's o_O
(French "Edition Exlusive")

Haha :lol:

Eventually, all Disney movies on DVD/VHS dissapear from the shelves, because they aren't made anymore (or something) or by that vauling thing.

Not to worry, another 8-9-10 years, and they will release it again, hehe :cheese:

Roku
February 1st, 2006, 02:03 PM
www.ebay.com

:cheese:

nathalie
February 1st, 2006, 02:12 PM
*merged "time is running out" with "vaulted"*

since in the end, they are about the same thing.

This Land
February 1st, 2006, 02:43 PM
BEHOLD
http://dvd.co.uk/product.asp?id=BED881378

This is where i bought the box set not so long ago . ?50 is ok i guess but this is only for the uk :( but its there :cheese: im sure they do shipping to other places but it would just cost you a bit more
Its brand new and wrapped

It came to my doorstep in about 1.5 weeks when i bought it, they have a great service

Tiikeri
March 19th, 2006, 07:51 PM
S'ok, reviving a dead thread here, but tis for a good (imo) reason. The DVD's have been vaulted, hence why it took me so long to find TLK in Finnish.

But can anyone either provide me with or show me to where I can get the TLK1 DVD's in; Polish (Kr?l Lew), Swedish (Lejonkungen), Dutch (De Leeuwekoning) and Spanish (El Rey Le?n)? Help much appreciated ^^ Thankies.

EDIT: One has already checked Ebay and found nowt :[

nathalie
March 19th, 2006, 08:57 PM
I can get you the Dutch one :)

Tiikeri
March 19th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by nathalie
I can get you the Dutch one :)
You can? Fantastic! Obviously I'll pay you back for it asap :)

nathalie
March 20th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Tiikeri
You can? Fantastic! Obviously I'll pay you back for it asap :)

I can't buy anything anymore this month :s So I have to wait till the beginning of April.

Maybe I can just keep it with me then, and give it to you on the meeting(s) ?

That way you don't have to worry about how to pay back, you just need some extra Euro's then, hehe

I have no idea what it cost though :confused: Can't be too much, since it's already an "old" DVD.

Ow, and if you wanna know, the Dutch DVD only has English + Dutch audio on it :grrr: