PDA

View Full Version : Episode 3 - Bunga the Wise

s-tlk
January 22nd, 2016, 09:36 PM
Okay kids, it's TLG Friday and here is as usual a summary of the recent episode, "Bunga the Wise":

This episodes starts with a heavy storm that threatens to flood the pride lands. The Lion Guard is on its way to rescue the animals. When a dam broke of the Kiriwal (?) lake, Bunga got the idea to seal it by pushing over a large rock to fill the gap. This seems to work at first and since the animals saw that Bunga was behind this plan they honor him as "Bunga the Wise". Even confirmed by Rafiki that honey badgers are one of the smartest animals in the savannah. But all the Pride Lands' animals didn't wait to hear Rafiki out, so Bunga set of to Timon and Pumbaa in the jungle. There they founded some sort of 'consulting agency' to give advices. In the end Bunga's advices given to them did more harm and on top of it the dam broke. Kion and his gang set of to rescue the animals threatened by the water. The roar of the elders pushed the water back and all are saved. Bunga realized that he is not so smart after all, but he didn't seem to care.

I think this was more an episode to fill the gaps. Some parts were entertaining though but mostly because of the background music and landscape drawings. I'm still not sure if I like it or not. But in every series you have episodes like this though, so it is okay I guess.

What do you think?

Leorgathar
January 23rd, 2016, 12:47 AM
Yeah, it was pretty much a filler episode that didn't really add much, but at least for me it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, like you said there's an episode like this in every TV series and that's fine. There were some parts I didn't like, but it sure had some funny moments. It was still an enjoyable episode :)

Now for the spoiler talk:
I'm not liking much that Mufasa is showing up his face more often, but I guess we'll have to live with it. At least he warned Kion about how using the Roar of Elders to fix a problem easily isn't right, and not always the easiest solution is the best, I liked that.

Now Bunga... agh, if we thought there were enough reasons to hate him already, here there are many more xP I don't think he really learned anything in the end, one would think he would be sorry and apologize to the animals he gave terrible advice to, but no, he just shrugged it of and went with "Oh well, I can live with that" -_-
Speaking of the animals, I'm starting to question the intelligence of the herbivores in this show, that honey badger certainly got a lot of downright dumb followers. But ah well, it all was for children entertainment and some laughs, it was still funny, and hey, they debunked the "ostriches bury their head in the dirt" myth, that's a good thing, right? :lol:

At least this episode gave us some insight of the kind of problems the Guard have to deal with every day, and there were a lot more animals talking. For a filler episode I think that was welcoming (and this is probably just me, but I think I'm slowly becoming a fan of that overly mannered zebra xD).

I really look forward to next week's episode, looks like it'll be an interesting one.

Sharifu
January 23rd, 2016, 04:46 AM
Yeah, this episode was ok, a bit silly though. :p Wasn't really expecting this episode to be one I would really like since it seemed like an episode that focused on Bunga. But like you both have said, TV shows have episodes like this. There is always going to be episodes you don't like as much as others.

I am finding it kind of strange that Kion asks for Mufasa as often as he does and that he appears that often. (At least so far) Kion's father is actually still alive yet Kion would rather keep asking for advice from his death grandfather. :lol: What the heck was Simba doing all this time while his young son was trying to deal with everything in this episode? (Maybe he was sleeping, you know how much lions sleep, haha) I know, I know, this is a kid's show and the main characters are Kion and the Lion Guard. But I still find it kind of funny that Simba is the king, yet his young son is seeming to be the one taking care of the problems in the pride lands instead of him. :p

Azerane
January 29th, 2016, 09:51 PM
I wasn't a huge fan of this episode, mainly because of how Bunga focused it was and how it was just filler.

I agree on how ridiculous it is that Kion can just summon Mufasa, seemingly whenever he wants. I didn't like how stupid it made all the other prideland animals look, like they're not surviving in the wild and can't think for themselves. Still, it was nice for them to slip a couple of little wildlife facts in, like debunking the ostrich myth about them sticking their heads in the sand. I can't help but wonder, before the Lion Guard was formed, who was flipping the turtles after the storms?

cleargreenwater
April 10th, 2016, 11:41 PM
I don't actually mind Bunga so much. I still don't care for his design but don't mind the character...this episode, though.

The episode that proves Timon (& possibly Pumbaa?) is some kind of a d-bag. He would make his adopted son's son wait in line and not allow Bunga to talk to his friend? xD Not as out of character as Simba, but still, wow.