PDA

View Full Version : The animals of Farthingwood

nathalie
January 22nd, 2016, 05:07 AM
Is there anyone who can tell me, why these VHS seem to have "Disney presents" on them?
Having a huge discussion with some "disney freaks" (as they like to call them, but in the end, they now nothing about it).

As far as I know, Disney had nothing to do with these series.
Someone claims to have a VHS, that has Disney on it.
Did some searching and found the cover.

https://jeugdsentimentportaal.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/wakkerewoudvhs02.jpg?w=300

ThiagoPE
January 23rd, 2016, 02:43 AM
I don't know if it is the case but in some countries, Disney distributes movies that weren't made by them.
Recently I saw an Hindi movie (Roadside Romeo) that is distributed by Disney but not made by them.

nathalie
January 23rd, 2016, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I figured it was something like that, I already said that 3 times in that discussion, but they won't believe me because it has "disney" on the cover, haha. Prooves how much they really know.

Kirauni
January 23rd, 2016, 03:09 PM
Well here in Germany, Disney didn't distribute the Animals of Farthing Wood. I've got the DVDs, but the Disney Logo isn't anywhere to be seen. So I'd say that Disney has nothing to do with the series. But I know people can be quite stubborn at times...

nathalie
January 23rd, 2016, 03:43 PM
This was made in colaboration or something with many countries. There's even a Flemish version of this.
I loved watching this.

But like you said, people are very stubborn at times, and if the cover says Disney, it's hard to explain to them why it's not, because they simply don't believe you.

Azerane
January 23rd, 2016, 10:12 PM
It's possible they distributed it in other countries, or maybe for other languages they helped with dubbing? But that's the only reason I can think of.

nathalie
January 23rd, 2016, 10:56 PM
I don't think so. I think a cover should only say Disney when its actually distributed by them? Like they took over universal studios, and now those covers also say Disney on them.

I also think this is the very first thing dubbed in Flemish.
Long before Disney started dubbing their own in Belgium.