PDA

View Full Version : The Lion Guard Soundtrack

s-tlk
January 10th, 2016, 12:29 PM
We really have no thread yet about the OST of TLG that was released last Friday? The cover and the track list can be found on amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Lion-Guard-Music-From-Series/dp/B0173NN634). Many of the songs we heard already in the movie and the first two episodes. A few like "My Own Way" or "Jackal Style" will appear later, so you can get already an idea what the episodes might be about.

I especially like "Call of The Lion Guard" , that's really a good successor to the TLK music with the African chorus. The rest is also good, nothing outstanding though, but fitting for the series with one disgusting exception: "Duties of the King" sung by Zazu and Simba. I don't know what you think about this song, but I don't like the way Zazu sings with the constant British rrrrolling R. I think they overdone it here. At least the spared us the "Don't make a stink". xD

ThiagoPE
January 12th, 2016, 12:43 AM
More one CD to collection, however, I'm still upset because there is still nothing about international release of TLG (so we may get localized versions of the OST)

s-tlk
January 12th, 2016, 08:00 AM
In Germany the series will be released in March, and like all Disney movies I guess they provide a translation of the songs, so there might be a German release of the CD as well. For other countries I don't know yet.

Rokufox
January 12th, 2016, 07:33 PM
I bought the mp3 album on Amazon, I've listened to it several times already. Looking forward to the episodes with some of the new music. I really like the feel of the soundtrack, it has that African influence that makes the Lion King music so great!

Sharifu
January 12th, 2016, 08:07 PM
I bought the soundtrack and haven't listened to the new songs yet. (Songs from future episodes) I guess I'm not sure if I want to hear them for the first time on the show or the CD. I will probably break down and listen to them all today while I'm cleaning. :p

HasiraKali
January 13th, 2016, 12:39 AM
They're pretty catchy, so you probably should. It's excellent cleaning music. :lol: I danced around the house yesterday.

Azerane
November 20th, 2016, 04:14 AM
Given the number of songs in the series and the limited number of tracks on the CD, do you think there'll be another CD?

nathalie
November 20th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Doesn't have to be. They do that with a lot of movies.
And it took 20 years for the legacy-album for TLK to come -_-

Azerane
November 20th, 2016, 06:01 PM
:lol: You make a good point... oh well, I can hope can't I? :p

nathalie
November 20th, 2016, 08:26 PM
I only know 2 songs from this album, I feel a bad "soundtrack collector" haha.
To be fair, I only wanted to collect TLK 1, which I've done pretty well at, haha.

But yeah, there's always hope ... if not now ... in another 20 years :lol:

KanuTGL
November 20th, 2016, 10:34 PM
It took 50 years for the Mary Poppins Legacy album to come out, so 20 years isn't that bad :p

There have been quite a few songs on TLG that aren't on the CD right now, so I think if the show continues to be successful I don't see why they wouldn't release another soundtrack. In this digital age it can't be that difficult to do, or...?

So, like, maybe, maybe not :lol:

Leorgathar
November 21st, 2016, 03:12 AM
Maybe they'll release a CD for the start of Season 2, and add a few songs from the late Season 1 episodes there :p

HasiraKali
November 21st, 2016, 04:58 AM
Phineas and Ferb had a song in every episode. They ended up releasing a few albums after the first season was so popular. I'm hoping they do the same for this, especially since the music from The Lion King is what a lot of people say is their favorite part of it.