PDA

View Full Version : Benji in the house! Woop, woop!

Benji
October 6th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Hey, there!

I've been lurking for quite a few days -- scouring through threads, hunting through the archives -- and I finally convinced myself to join up. You guys seem like a really friendly bunch. It's hard not to feel welcome already, with how kind you all are.

This is the first TLK fansite I've ever joined. Mostly because I was afraid of being taken as childish for still having an interest in it at the age of 24. (I still can't pass the Agrabah shop in WDW without whining for all the TLK merchandise to be mine.) After seeing that so many of you really treasure the movies/merch/everything, too, I feel comfortable hoping aboard. So, yeah. Thanks for that!

Anyways. Enough of that mushy stuff.

My name's Benji. I'm 24 years old, as I mentioned before, and I recently moved to Florida from Alaska. Studying languages(mainly Japanese), writing/role play, drawing and photo manipulation are my current hobbies. I've seen that Lea is full of other artists, so that's cool!

It's really nice to meet of all of you, and I can't wait to start participating on the forum.

Cheers!

nathalie
October 6th, 2015, 04:20 PM
Oh Lord, I'm 32 next week ... haha :p

Welcome at Lea ^^

Are you close to WDW living in Florida now?
Must be quite an adjustment weather-wise? hehe

Leorgathar
October 6th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Hi Benji, and welcome to Lea! :cheese:

I felt the same way as you when I first joined a TLK forum about 9 years ago, when I was 20. Even now I'm still a bit secretive about it with people I know in real life, while a few others who I've told have found it pretty cool. But that said I've seen that it isn't actually that odd, and since the day I joined, I've found that this community is full of truly amazing people, some with whom I've made friends for life. I have absolutely no regrets.
I think you'll fit in here very well :)

Oh and I see you like to draw too, I'd like to have a look at your art sometime ^^

Guntur
October 6th, 2015, 11:10 PM
Welcome to Lea, Have fun living here man, I've been here for 10 years and still my favorite place to hang out and talk to. ;)

Dare
October 7th, 2015, 01:25 AM
Salutations! :)

HasiraKali
October 7th, 2015, 01:43 AM
Howdy! Welcome to Lea! :D

Kirauni
October 8th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Hey there, Benji and konnichi wa!

Watashi wa Kirauni desu. Hajime mashite, dozo yoroshiku.

Okay... I don't know if I got the spelling right. Sorry about that. What I meant to say is: Hello, I'm Kirauni. Nice to meet you.
I've learned Japanese for one year at my school, when I was about 15 years old. Now I'm 30+ XD, but I still love the Japanese language. We had a teacher from Japan and she told us a few things once a week. So I know a few words and I can read Hiragana (at least a bit...). But I can understand a lot more. It was quite funny. I gave some German courses a few months ago and in my course were some Japanese ladies. They were so happy that I knew a few words, but I could understand what they were talking about quite well. That was a great experience. Languages are fascinating!

Anyway... It's so nice of you to take some time to introduce yourself. I hope you'll have a nice time here :)

And don't worry about being taken as "childish". Like the others above me alrady said, we all share the love for The Lion King, no matter how old we are. :)
Did you see the movie in cinemas when it first came out or when did you first see it? I'm asking because the first "contact" with The Lion King can be a very interesting story.

And of course I'd like to see some of your art as well. Have a nice time and enjoy your stay!

~Kirauni

Vidan
October 9th, 2015, 05:17 AM
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay here.