PDA

View Full Version : Lea 10 years ago...

Shatara
August 18th, 2015, 08:40 AM
http://leahalalela.net/showthread.php?1559-Lea-10-years-from-now

:hakuna:

Guntur
August 18th, 2015, 10:12 AM
I am surprised that I'm still here :lol: but few minor changes that I didn't get married with her sadly. stuff happens within this 10 years. :(

ThiagoPE
August 18th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Wow, time flies. I'm happy because I was able to stay here for so much time. Love you all.

nathalie
August 18th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Oh my, I WILL be 32 this year, just like I said I would in that thread *aaaaaaaah*

Dare
August 18th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Hehe, I recognize some of those names - I wonder who some of the "unregistered users" are?
I gotta admit, I'm surprised that I'm still here...but I'm also surprised Lea's still here too, considering various events.
:)

Guntur
August 18th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Hehe, I recognize some of those names - I wonder who some of the "unregistered users" are?

The thread maker is obviously Phantom, but the unregistered in there are Me, Ravoc (Old ID), and Sonique. ;)

King Simba
August 18th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Aaand I'm still here. Might not be as active as I once was but I'm still around. ;)

It's hard to believe that I was only 15 years old back then too. I'm 25 now. :ohno:

Leorgathar
August 18th, 2015, 05:18 PM
Aw man, I wish I had been on Lea from the very beginning like you guys :lol: it must be very nostalgic. But I'm here to stick with you to the end ;)

Kirauni
August 18th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Wow, impressive find!

That's really an interesting read. I'm glad we were able to recover old threads like this. That's like opening one of those "time capsules" some hollywood movies talk about. You know, the ones pupils in a primary school bury so that somebody else can dig them out decades later.
:curious:

The thread maker is obviously Phantom, but the unregistered in there are Me, Ravoc (Old ID), and Sonique. ;)

If you could tell me which one is which, I could try re-assigning their names. :zazuwink:

KanuTGL
August 18th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Wow, impressive find!

That's really an interesting read. I'm glad we were able to recover old threads like this. That's like opening one of those "time capsules" some hollywood movies talk about. You know, the ones pupils in a primary school bury so that somebody else can dig them out decades later.
:curious:
What she said!

Wow, that was so weird, but so cool, to read somehow :) Time capsule indeed! Makes me wish too that I had been here from the beginning. And I thought the talk of TLK's 20th anniversary was especially amusing to read now, considering we did have a discussion/"event" around it on here :cs_happy_2:

I can't help but wonder what the forum would have been like if the server crashes had never happened and the original forum stayed up. Do you think that more of the older members would have stuck around?

And, then... how about another 10 years from now? Where will we, and Lea, be by then? :p

nathalie
August 18th, 2015, 09:41 PM
I'm not sure about the older members have stuck around.
I've noticed extremely busy forums from 10 years ago, which are also struggling very hard lately to stay alive.
People get older, get lives, kids, jobs (which I guess makes it all a bit harder then when you're in school, as you're most of the time still living at home not taking care of an entire household at that age), other interests.

Endra
August 18th, 2015, 11:22 PM
Well, I can only speak for myself, but the logs from 10 years ago actually *brought me back*. Shatara mentioned on Steam last night that most/all posts from back then were restored, and I kinda spent the better part of the last day engulfed in nostalgia.

Guntur
August 19th, 2015, 05:19 AM
Shatara mentioned on Steam last night that most/all posts from back then were restored,

did you folks joined Lea Halalela's Steam Group?

Endra
August 19th, 2015, 05:42 AM
I just did this evening, actually!

Guntur
August 19th, 2015, 05:43 AM
Cool, if you want to add me on Steam just feel free man, I Miss you old timer folks. :cheese:

If you could tell me which one is which, I could try re-assigning their names. :zazuwink:

If you happen to read someone is butchering english grammar with a lot of Haha and "idiot" emote, that would be me. :lol: :p

Leorgathar
August 19th, 2015, 07:48 AM
And, then... how about another 10 years from now? Where will we, and Lea, be by then? :p

Wow well, I'll be 39 by then, about to hit my 40's. Life will be very different then, like, maybe I'll be married to someone and have a generally busier life. But I don't plan on leaving Lea, I don't see myself doing that unless I'm really forced to (which I doubt :p)

Message to Future Leor:
Dear Future Leor, I really hope you're still hanging around, if not, hopefully someone will get you to read this 10 years from now. Whatever you're doing, wherever you are, always remember the friends you made here, they're all really amazing people that did influence greatly in your life. If you ever lose contact with any of them, please do yourself a favor and give them a call, alright? you won't regret it ;)
And if TLK (that's 'The Lion King', in case you don't remember) isn't appealing to you anymore, well... what the hell is wrong with you!? Go watch it, right now! Past Leor commands it! :roar:
(But if you still like it... treat yourself and go watch it anyway ^^)

King Simba
August 19th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Haha, nice message, Leor. :lol: Let's hope that you will follow it if you ever do happen to leave Lea. ;)

10 years from now, I'll be 35... scary thought (even more scary if I turn grey early). :eek: I'll probably be married and have kids by then (hope so), so if Lea is still around when they get older, I may ask them to join too, providing I'm still here of course. :p But I think I will be. I mean, I didn't see myself being here still 10 years later, and here I am, hehe.

Dare
August 19th, 2015, 12:47 PM
..I'm surrounded by youngins. XD

Ugh, 10 years from now I'll be 44. So much can happen in 10 years, but turning 44? I don't even want to think about it.
*hides under her desk*
I'M NEVER GONNA GROW UP, TIME! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!
:idiot:

*cough* Ahem.

Honestly though, if Lea's still around in 10 years, there's a good chance I'll still be lurking.
I have an online routine - I click through all of my old forum bookmarks (the forums that are still online anyway), at least once every other day...so as long as Lea's online, I'll be passing by...like a digital tumbleweed.
^__^

Endra
August 19th, 2015, 06:23 PM
I'M NEVER GONNA GROW UP, TIME! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!
:idiot:

Amen! I'm def more silly and child-like than I was a decade ago! And I dun foresee that changing any time soon :>

I'm working to make Lea part of my daily routine again - it is just a bit strange because I stopped using forums regularly years ago!

EDIT: Also, in the spirit of Lea nostalgia... some piccies!

Me being a dork with photoshop: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/ghalati/th_pwned.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ghalati/media/pwned.jpg.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/ghalati/th_unphotoshopped.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ghalati/media/unphotoshopped.jpg.html)

My PC setup in 2004 (lol): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/ghalati/th_laptop.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ghalati/media/laptop.jpg.html)

HasiraKali
August 19th, 2015, 09:46 PM
I guess I never replied to that thread. Bummer.

Guntur
August 20th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Amen! I'm def more silly and child-like than I was a decade ago! And I dun foresee that changing any time soon :>

I'm working to make Lea part of my daily routine again - it is just a bit strange because I stopped using forums regularly years ago!

EDIT: Also, in the spirit of Lea nostalgia... some piccies!

Me being a dork with photoshop: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/ghalati/th_pwned.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ghalati/media/pwned.jpg.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/ghalati/th_unphotoshopped.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ghalati/media/unphotoshopped.jpg.html)

My PC setup in 2004 (lol): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/ghalati/th_laptop.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ghalati/media/laptop.jpg.html)

Apparently I saw those (Photoshop picture) while surfing the old thread. :lol: Good times, Look at that picture, over 10 years vbulletin have evolved step by step, and I prefer the old vbulletin to be honest. :( ;)

------------------------------

edit:

Message to Future Leor:

Excellent Leor, Definitely I'm going to post something similar to my future self. :lol:

MESSAGE TO FUTURE GUNTUR:

Fendi, You're going to be 37 this year, my advice, don't be a bum, get married, have some kids, play more games while you can to be honest. ;)

Guntur
August 20th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Message to Future Leor:

Excellent Leor, Definitely I'm going to post something similar to my future self. :lol:

MESSAGE TO FUTURE GUNTUR:

Fendi, You're going to be 37 this year, my advice, don't be a bum, get married, have some kids, play more games while you can to be honest. ;)

Darkslash
August 21st, 2015, 03:19 AM
I remember that thread but I didn't post in it.

Lion King Stu
August 25th, 2015, 06:51 AM
10 years ago I was a lot younger!

Shatara
August 26th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Weren't we all...:P

Endra
August 27th, 2015, 04:33 AM
Nope. I was definitely older 10 years ago... at least maturity-wise! :p

Lion King Stu
August 27th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Weren't we all...:P

Unless somebody cyrogenically froze themselves at that time and thought, screw it...give it 10 years and lets see :p

Kovu The Lion
August 29th, 2015, 12:35 AM
Holy crapppp O___O 15 year old me was hyper and obnoxious as crap! Wait.. I still am ^^

This is an /amazing/ find, like.. a gigantic blast from the past!

Azerane
August 29th, 2015, 12:31 PM
I seemed to have some sort of predictive abilities, given that I just got married :lol:

Let's see, I'll be 28, I might even be married, now that's a scary thought, hehe

It's so crazy to read back on those old threads, love it :D

nathalie
August 30th, 2015, 08:07 AM
I'm actually in the same sad place I was 10 years ago, lol.
Guess it could have been much worse.

LunarCat
August 30th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Ok, I just have to pop in for this one. HOLY HELLo was I such an attention grabbing teenager! My apologies to all of you who tolerated me for so long. :uhno: Great find Shatara!

You all did have a great effect on my life and I have so many wonderful memories. I certainly won't forget any of you! :kiss: Love seeing all the familiar usernames posting in this thread now. Quite a few of us made it to 10 years! In another 10, who knows where I'll be, but I'm sure I will reminisce fondly! Maybe even enough to check in ;)

ThiagoPE
September 2nd, 2015, 09:23 AM
I admit that today I don't have the free time I had when I first joined lea, 11 years ago, but I really appreciate how people here are attached to here, as in much other forums I visit, most people tend to stay a little time then leave forever, but here is different, and I really appreciate that and I hope it last for a long time more.

There is already a lea whatsapp group?

Utora
September 2nd, 2015, 05:34 PM
Ok, I just have to pop in for this one. HOLY HELLo was I such an attention grabbing teenager! My apologies to all of you who tolerated me for so long. :uhno: Great find Shatara!

You all did have a great effect on my life and I have so many wonderful memories. I certainly won't forget any of you! :kiss: Love seeing all the familiar usernames posting in this thread now. Quite a few of us made it to 10 years! In another 10, who knows where I'll be, but I'm sure I will reminisce fondly! Maybe even enough to check in ;)

:lol:

I am sooooooooooooo glad my posts are not in here (maybe they are, as unregistered_user...oh no) ..I was BAD. :ohno::woe:

I can't believe ithas been 10 years..after reading all that EVERYONE was more spastic. :lol:

Leorgathar
September 2nd, 2015, 06:32 PM
I think this place has changed most of us for the better. My oldest posts can't be found here (again, I joined in 2008), but I remember I said a few things I quite regret saying. Especially my political/religious views changed drastically, and some things I said then I don't agree with anymore.
I have some great friends here that made me realize a few things, and I'm truly grateful for that :)

This Land
September 3rd, 2015, 10:41 PM
HAHA This thread was created on the exact day i joined Lea which is freaky xD. Only bad thing i didnt post in it, which would be understandable at the time x3.

Oh how much time has changed things, Lea as a family has been through alot. Alot of good memories shared between us all ^^

Even though im not around on this forum as much as i used to be, i have friends that i made here that i will treasure for life, regardless of how separate our paths go.

Dear TL 10 years from now on - Nice Motorbike !

Guntur
September 4th, 2015, 12:53 AM
I am sooooooooooooo glad my posts are not in here (maybe they are, as unregistered_user...oh no) ..I was BAD. :ohno::woe:

Except for me, I still had a lot of laughter reading your old post. :lol: I mean, I wouldn't care if I read Phantom, some old unknown post back then, because I know who's who posting on the very thread, it just makes me have a teary eyes. :lol: :emo:

Utora
September 4th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Except for me, I still had a lot of laughter reading your old post. :lol: I mean, I wouldn't care if I read Phantom, some old unknown post back then, because I know who's who posting on the very thread, it just makes me have a teary eyes. :lol: :emo:

I was crazy back then, still now but not MANIC about it and harassing everyone. It's embarassing but I don't have any shame either.
And Phantom.....:cs_head:

I just noticed there are no ADULT Simba smilies in our system......

Guntur
September 5th, 2015, 07:15 AM
I was crazy back then, still now but not MANIC about it and harassing everyone. It's embarassing but I don't have any shame either.
And Phantom.....:cs_head:

I just noticed there are no ADULT Simba smilies in our system......

Well we were young obviously, and have a lot of characters back then. After all these 10 years, we are grown to respect each other's opinion or personality. That's how I think of it.

Don't worry about harassing and embarrassment, we all feel the same way after reading those old post 10 years ago. :lol: Like how I barely speak english and trying so hard to make my friends (Other forum members) to understand what am I saying. ;)

About Adult Simba Smilies, I think you're right, Maybe with TLG and BD TLK we could get a high resolution smilies. ;)

Ngatuny
September 28th, 2015, 04:57 PM
I haven't been active recently, but I'm still around lurking in the shadows.

Kopa
October 9th, 2015, 03:06 AM
Oh my gosh that was such an exciting nostalgia trip! Has it seriously been 10 years?! Wow... Thank you for posting that! It was definitely a treat! :D

I may be a ghost that pops in every once in a great long while, but I still do sometimes rarely pop in to see what's up lol. And hey, I've been using the same avatar since April of 2004 ;)

Talfasi
January 20th, 2016, 06:56 PM
In honor of the new year and the moment to reflect upon personal growth...

.. I've got to say, I don't really feel like I've changed much since ol' Lea days (even though I was more a lurker than an active poster, also with another random user name). I feel like I think the same and act pretty much the same as in.. lessay 2005.

:lalala:

I suppose I'm more people-experienced, but that hasn't changed me as a person.

Recently at a club, I asked the DJ to play "Usher - Yeah" and "50 cent - In da club" and he was all "Okai, boi!", and of course people loved it. Wasn't that kind of music the thing back 10 years ago too? Me likey still.

It's fun to recognize some people here who I remember posting back then! :p

Kasei
January 24th, 2016, 01:43 AM
Kind of makes me wish I had known about Lea back then. I am definitely more of an internet/fandom lurker rather than an active participant a lot of the time.

Still, it made for an interesting read.

Isn't it funny how when we're young everyone is like, "oooh, ten years from now! Exciting!"
And now that we're all older it's like, "AHHH, DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT THE FUTURE!!" XD Funny thing I noticed. I'm totally the same. 10 years from now I'll be 38 and I juuuussst...don't want to think about that just yet. I sure hope I'm doing what I love by then. e-e;

Aurelian
February 11th, 2016, 10:18 PM
Wow, I didn't know my old Roquivo account still exists. Wonder why it was never integrated with this one...

Looks like my prediction back then was wrong, as I am still here...

nathalie
February 11th, 2016, 10:43 PM
Can only be merged if you ask Kirauni.

Wauw yeah ... 10 years ... my life's been a rollercoaster, a very bad one ... lots of defects.
Looking at some of my old posts, I'm like: oh God, was I really like that? lol

Oh well ... here's to another (much better) 10 years ! *cheers*

Aurelian
February 11th, 2016, 11:54 PM
I already PMed Rauni about it. ;)

Kirauni
February 12th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Thanks, nathalie. Technically, every admin can do this but I just happen to read this, so I did it right away. Oh and yes, I also got your PM, thanks. :)
We don't have a skript to merge users automatically, simply because with all those name changes it wouldn't be feasable at all. Just have a look at the thread "username changes (http://www.leahalalela.net/showthread.php?5706)" to see what I'm talking about ;)
On top of that, some users are not comfortable with having their accounts merges. So yeah, if someone wants this, just contact us and we'll se into it.
Since you've stated it here and PMed me, I merged your two accounts now. Have fun :)

And back to topic: Yeah... time really flies! I searched some of your old Posts, Feral and it's amazing how long you've been around. You always found your way back here, that's great!