PDA

View Full Version : READ: Signature Rules

Mufasa
December 14th, 2004, 06:07 AM
As stated in the forum rules: http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2

IMPORTANT: Signatures must be kept to no greater than 500x300px or less with no more than ~5 lines of normal sized text or if you opt not to us an image no more than ~10 lines of normal sized text.

This is how large the image portion of signatures is allowed to be:

http://www.leahalalela.com/images/sigmax.jpg (500x300px)

If you have any images that are larger than this or multiple images that create a space larger than this, please shrink them down.

Please revise if you were unaware the rule existed. Also I've decided WhatPulse banners are OK to stay for now in addition to the rules.

The mods and I are becoming tired of reading posts that have longer signatures than actual content! :yuck:

Simba '04
December 14th, 2004, 06:13 AM
Thanks Mufasa ;) :cheese:

lion_roog
December 14th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Am I in violation.....I can't tell.....:cheese:

Mufasa
December 14th, 2004, 06:24 AM
No... but if someone wanted to test my patience by adding 10 lines of text with smilies I might need to make changes. :evilgrin:

Simba '04
December 14th, 2004, 06:26 AM
*runs to profile and adds 20 lines of text and two 500x500 banners* :evilgrin: ;) :p

edit:, where have you been on msn Mufasa? I haven't seen you on in awhile, maybe I just don't get on at the right time, heh

lion_roog
December 14th, 2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Mufasa
No... but if someone wanted to test my patience by adding 10 lines of text with smilies I might need to make changes. :evilgrin:

Will do, Sir.....:ayecapn:

:D

King Simba
December 14th, 2004, 08:37 AM
As stated in the forum rules: http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2

Please revise if you were unaware the rule existed. Also I've decided WhatPulse banners are OK to stay for now in addition to the rules.

The mods and I are becoming tired of reading posts that have longer signatures than actual content! :yuck:
Aye, aye Mufasa! :ayecapn: :bleen:

Amaryllis
December 14th, 2004, 10:18 AM
*looks if banner is small enough*

At Your Service Mufasa !
:ayecapn:

lion_roog
December 14th, 2004, 11:47 AM

:gasp:....Wait a sec!!....Hold the Phone!!...Stop the Presses!!.....
This forum has rules?!?!....Why didn't someone tell me about this earlier.....now I have to catch up on my rule breaking....:evilgrin: :D

Why?....Because rules are meant to be broken...what else are they for.....:D

nathalie
December 14th, 2004, 02:03 PM
lion_roog, I know you mean this in a funny way, but try and look at this serious...

Khaki
December 14th, 2004, 02:45 PM

Aye Aye Mon Capitain! :ayecapn:

Lion Roar
December 14th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Ok Mufasa :ayecapn:

unregistered user
December 14th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Hehe, aye aye, sir!
:ayecapn:

Sadiki
December 14th, 2004, 08:52 PM
aye aye sir!

Monai
December 14th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Sure. I think my 2 banners put together are under the limit... I'd combine them if I knew how to...

Tigris Of Gaul
December 14th, 2004, 09:36 PM
*grins brightly*

Well, well. At least /I/ am following that particular rule. My signature at least should be meeting those requirements. I sincerely hope so at least.. and yes, it does look rather annoying to see thread replies that are not longer than a word or two and have a signature of at least 1000 pixels vertically.

Oh well. *boasts again*

=)

Ragoom
December 14th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Oi Tigris i cant fit into this thread coz ur head is soo big :cheese: :p hehe I luvs ya really ^^

I think mine is ok..is it? o.O

TakaTiger
December 14th, 2004, 10:06 PM
i shal cut mine down a bit than :D

Mufasa
December 15th, 2004, 04:41 PM
I've revised the rules and added a visual aid (thanks to nathalie) to help those that are confused (see first post). Please keep in my mind that by next week those who have signatures over the limit will have them edited to abide by the rules. =)

unregistered user
December 29th, 2004, 04:25 PM
There are still a few with over the limit signatures, let's try to clean it up a bit. ;)

nathalie
December 29th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Sonique21837?
et's try to clean it up a bit. ;)

yes please :D:cheese:

Amaryllis
January 10th, 2005, 05:16 PM
yup

unregistered user
January 10th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Agreed :evilgrin:

Amaryllis
January 12th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Is mine small enough then?:alone: :confused:

nathalie
January 12th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Yours is 400 x 200 -- so it's perfect :)

You can check the size, by clicking with the right button of the mouse, on the picture, then you take the last option in that window you see (eigenschappen), en click it.

There you will find the url of the photo, + the sizes in pixels.

2 Die FR
January 14th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Thanks nathalie, for lettin me know mine was too big...I'm gonna replace it altogether, when I get a chance to make a new one.

nathalie
January 14th, 2005, 09:17 AM
If you make a new one, it's even easier, because then you can enter the sizes before you get started to put stuff on it :)

lion_roog
January 14th, 2005, 09:20 AM
If I added a thousand "1"s....but it was still 10 lines of text.....would that be alright?......:D

nathalie
January 14th, 2005, 09:35 AM
that question could only come from you *lol*

unregistered user
January 23rd, 2005, 09:00 AM
The mods and I are becoming tired of reading posts that have longer signatures than actual content! :yuck: [/B]

There are still members here as far as I can tell that are still using massive signatures.

My monitor on my laptop is 1024x768, so 500x300 is virtually half of my screen! When people disobey this ruling, I'm forced to scroll a FULL PAGE before I can read the next post.

That's just asinine, IMO.

As per your rules, here's my signature:

(See? Absolutely nothing. Easy to read and scroll through.)

nathalie
January 23rd, 2005, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I already said that too, I have to scroll down too a lot, but apperently, some don't understand, that not everybody has:

1. a fast internet connection (to upload everything)
2. the same screen resolution

unregistered user
January 24th, 2005, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by nathalie
Yeah, I already said that too, I have to scroll down too a lot, but apperently, some don't understand, that not everybody has:

1. a fast internet connection (to upload everything)
2. the same screen resolution

Yes, indeed. I've got ADSL, so downloading a huge mountain of content isn't the problem, it's scrolling.

BUT, at the Apple Store, where I have access to monsterous 30" displays, and I STILL NEED TO SCROLL to read the data on someone's post... that's just stupid! And there are a few members here whom have signatures large enough where I need to do that.

lion_roog
January 24th, 2005, 06:04 AM
Hey...I have to scroll through all your posts just to get to the signatures!.......:D

unregistered user
January 25th, 2005, 06:52 AM
I sure hope that you are joking. If a signature is the only significance of your post, I will ignore it.

lion_roog
January 25th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by The Sonic God
I sure hope that you are joking. If a signature is the only significance of your post, I will ignore it.

When am I ever not joking?......:D

unregistered user
February 2nd, 2005, 01:00 PM
*pokes her signature* Erm... this is just a test.

Sharifu
February 9th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by The Sonic God

Of course he is kidding. It's a joke, lighten up. I thought it was funny, it made me laugh.

nathalie
February 9th, 2005, 12:10 PM
You don't really take anything serious when it comes from Lion Roog :p

nafklt
February 10th, 2005, 09:26 AM
:hmm: Politics these days...:rolleyes: It's corrupting everyone!:gasp: Everyone I tell you!!:gasp:;):P

lion_roog
February 11th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by nafklt
:hmm: Politics these days...:rolleyes: It's corrupting everyone!:gasp: Everyone I tell you!!:gasp:;):P

I hate politics...when will they start worring about things that matter?......I can't believe some politicians here are worried about kids eating unhealthy food in the vending machines and are trying to pass a bill about that...why not try worrying about kids having to share books in class and in some classes they don't even have enough desks....but I guess they couldn't care less...their kids go to the best high schools and drive Beamers...they get to go to basketball tournaments on the other side of the country

Amaryllis
February 11th, 2005, 01:31 PM
i think thesame roogs, i mean, whats the point about designing and making new stuff for us and for those "rich" schools ore talk about all that stuff when there are kids and schools who hardly have any good stuff, those kids could be great in the world if they only had a chance to learn good!

Darkslash
February 11th, 2005, 08:52 PM
if they only had a chance to learn good!
If they only had a chance to learn well.

lion_roog
February 12th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Darkslash
If they only had a chance to learn well.

Until you can speak a foreign language perfectly, I don't think you have the right to correct someone in such a manner. If you feel like you need to help someone with their English, please do so in a more respectful manner.

I agree, Amaryllis. It didn't bother me that there were schools that had everything they needed, it's just that they could atleast make sure that other schools have the basic stuff they need before you worry about the products in the vending machines.

Amaryllis
February 12th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by lion_roog
Until you can speak a foreign language perfectly, I don't think you have the right to correct someone in such a manner. If you feel like you need to help someone with their English, please do so in a more respectful manner.

I agree, Amaryllis. It didn't bother me that there were schools that had everything they needed, it's just that they could atleast make sure that other schools have the basic stuff they need before you worry about the products in the vending machines.

hey roogs tis ok, im not an english expert everyone knows that.

thanks for agreeing with me. ur totally right about that, those vending machines are (as we say in holland) the drup that flows the bucket

Simba '04
February 12th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Amaryllis, your sig is too big ;)

nathalie
February 13th, 2005, 01:28 PM
I don't get it, even in this topic where the correct sizes are mentioned ...

:confused:

Darkslash
February 13th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by lion_roog Until you can speak a foreign language perfectly, I don't think you have the right to correct someone in such a manner. If you feel like you need to help someone with their English, please do so in a more respectful manner.
jeez, sorry, didn't mean to insult anyone... far be it from me to do that... I just have an eye for irony, that's all.
:cheese:

Amaryllis
February 13th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Simba '04
Amaryllis, your sig is too big ;)

blah, i allready thought so, but i need to find another one ><

lion_roog
February 14th, 2005, 03:55 AM
jeez, sorry, didn't mean to insult anyone... far be it from me to do that... I just have an eye for irony, that's all.

Nuh-uh...I don't want to hear your excuses.....and that apology is not gonna cut it....I want you to take me out to dinner, just like when we first started dating. Where did the passion go!?!?......:D

Whitewolf
February 14th, 2005, 05:23 AM
testing :Ooo:

nafklt
February 14th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Whitewolf
testing :Ooo:

Whoa ho!:ayecapn: That's an awesome sig ya' gots there Whitewolf!:D I see that it's a P-38 Lightining...:P Combat Flight Simulator? :cheese:

Whitewolf
February 14th, 2005, 08:43 AM
na it Il-2 Forgotten Battles with all the expansion packs

unregistered user
February 14th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Hmmmm...
Testing:evilgrin:

Darkslash
February 14th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Nuh-uh...I don't want to hear your excuses.....and that apology is not gonna cut it....I want you to take me out to dinner, just like when we first started dating. Where did the passion go!?!?......:D
I shipped it to China. Sorry, I thought you were done using it.

lion_roog
February 15th, 2005, 04:18 AM
I shipped it to China. Sorry, I thought you were done using it.

Pfft.....just like a man to ship your passion to China.

Darkslash
February 15th, 2005, 04:20 AM
Pfft.....just like a man to ship your passion to China.
Hey, Chinese need passion... ever since they ran over that one guy with a tank...

http://i.timeinc.net/time/time100/images/main_rebel.jpg

lion_roog
February 15th, 2005, 05:01 AM
That dude who got ran over by the tank was hogging all the passion....I mean, you need a hell of a lot of passion to be willing to get ran over by a tank.....:D

Darkslash
February 15th, 2005, 10:28 PM
That dude who got ran over by the tank was hogging all the passion....I mean, you need a hell of a lot of passion to be willing to get ran over by a tank.....:D
(I have no witty reply... you win...:browlift: )

lion_roog
February 16th, 2005, 05:23 AM
(I have no witty reply... you win...:browlift: )

Woot!!!....*spikes the Computer*......:D

unregistered user
February 24th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Roog, show some consideration, that guy who got run over by the tank was standing up against China, one of the world powers mind you. He gave his life for what he believed to be right.

lion_roog
February 25th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Ravoc
Roog, show some consideration, that guy who got run over by the tank was standing up against China, one of the world powers mind you. He gave his life for what he believed to be right.

Care to point out my indiscretion?

Darkslash
February 25th, 2005, 09:04 PM
It's probably my fault, I put the picture up because of something do do with "he had a lot of passion"... indeed, he was killed by imperial troops in the Tianemen Square incident doing nothing wrong, standing up for democracy...

but I don't believe we were disrespecting him. S'alright.

lion_roog
February 26th, 2005, 02:46 AM
I agree, we weren't disrespecting him.....I can do a lot better job of disrespecting someone, damnit!......:D

And if we were disrespecting anyone it would be the Chinese Government. We were actually praising the dude who got ran over.

Darkslash
February 26th, 2005, 03:01 AM
Here, Here!

*buys tickets to China for himself and lion_roog to protest China's government*

lion_roog
February 26th, 2005, 03:07 AM
Here, Here!

*buys tickets to China for himself and lion_roog to protest China's government*

Woot!!.....Finally....I will be tall!.....:D

Tigris Of Gaul
March 3rd, 2005, 12:09 PM
Hello.

Having previously posted in this thread, I like to nod again in agreement that it's pretty nice that there's a rule like this existing on this forum. However, I'd like to point of a few things. They are as follows:

1) While most have a picture in their signature that is within the limits of the given white box, some also have smileys (and additional text) in their signature - multiple of them - that increase the size of their signatures. Now these smileys are images themselves and do a "good" job in increasing the size of these bottom boxes. Couldn't the smileys be considered images as well, and therefore if you have many smileys in your signature with many below each other you'd have to reduce the amount of them until the TOTAL amount of imagesize is within the limits, smileys included? In the IDEAL case, you'd also include all text within the limitations and thus all would have to fit within that box - at least in a -vertical- scale.

I mean, it doesn't help much if the main picture is within the limits but there are tons of smileys and yada-yada in addition. The signature is still annoyingly big, especially so if the writer doesn't say more than "XD" in his/her posts.

2) There are still people on the board whose signatures do not meet the requirements of the board - that is why I'd like to ask if these rules could be ENFORCED? It's no good if you have the rule but a number of people don't want to follow it.

Please, give a warning to people with too big signatures and make them listen and even consider something like 3-day bans if they don't!

That's all for now.

.. just to make things clear, I like this board and like the people who write here. It's fun to read many things here and that's why it'd be even more fun and convenient for everyone if you wouldn't sometimes be forced to look for the actual posts in the jungle of big signatures.

nathalie
March 3rd, 2005, 01:19 PM
The mods are doing the best they can with pm-ing everybody.

I personally thought everybody would be wise enough to understand the rules Mufasa gave, but apperently, we still have to pm lots of people.

I have pm-ed lots of people, but you can't know that ... I can't make everybody know when I did ...
Because we do pm people when we have to.

Kovu
March 3rd, 2005, 04:17 PM
And thus i reduced my banner size. :p
Some good points there, Tigris.

unregistered user
March 6th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Very good points. Smileys under signatures can get annoying, but the mods nor the members can really do anything about it as long as the smileys and test don't go past 10 spaces of text (including blank spaces). Besides, the mods don't have much power really over other members. All we can really do is PM them with a warning or run and tell Mufasa.

One of the main purposes of the mods themselves is so that the entire board doesn't send a million PMs to Mufasa asking for this and that. There are a lot of members here, and gtting that many PMs would choke the life and soul out of anyone =P

So, if you have a complaint or notice something is wrong (such as other members signature sizes, PM one of the mods and we'll check it out and then we'll do what we can to help) :cheese:

nafklt
April 1st, 2005, 02:19 AM
Hey, Chinese need passion... ever since they ran over that one guy with a tank...

http://i.timeinc.net/time/time100/images/main_rebel.jpg

:P Actually no one knows whatever happened to him. That was on June 4th, 1989. Protests from the students and stuff have lasted weeks already. The president of the time, Deng Xiao Ping, betrayed them and sent armies to fight the rioters at Tian An Men Square. That guy dared to stand in front of a tank. No one knows a name. Some people say he got crushed or shot or put to jail. That video was actually taken by an American satellite... :P

Amaryllis
May 28th, 2005, 06:00 PM
damn i'd like to know what happened to him :evilgrin:

unregistered user
May 28th, 2005, 06:38 PM
This thread is about signature rules only.

nathalie
February 3rd, 2006, 02:52 PM
I found it really odd, that even older members can't remember that your banner can only be 500 x 300 !

Us mods, have other things to do then PM everyone ;)

nathalie
June 1st, 2006, 11:45 AM
Also make sure your signature doesn't take up the whole screen ;) !!