PDA

View Full Version : Nephews and Nieces

Guntur
February 5th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Hey guys, I just want to know if any of you folks have a baby or pre teen nephews and nieces?

On the 4th month of 2015 My sister going to birth a baby boy. It's been a little "drought" of Male nephews since 2008 and I'm glad my Mother going to have a male grandchildren again. What lucky for my family is I have a year old Twin girl now, My god at the young age they already depended on each others and have a distinct personality already. I'm sure her parents going to give them a headache like a few of my twin friends. I have two twin friends and the just could not stay at the same room over clash of personalities which just normal to me.

;) YAY, Guntur/Fendi, a proud uncle. or a Monkey's uncle.

Leorgathar
February 5th, 2015, 08:22 PM
Well congrats for becoming an uncle! :D I don't have direct nephews or nieces, but I have cousins who have kids, that I see regularily, so it's kinda the same thing xD

As for twins, as many know, I have a twin brother myself. I feel kinda bad for my parents, it must've been such a pain to raise us :lol: but we ended up developing very different personalities. If I had to put it simple, I'd say he's more extrovert and I'm more on the introvert side xP

Sharifu
February 5th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Congrats on becoming an uncle. ;) I have one nephew, he is 5 years old. He is such a sweet kid, I wish I could see him more often. He honestly has made me comfortable being around young children, makes me more open to the idea of having my own children some day. Not that I was totally against the idea of having children, I just wasn't sure if I want kids or not.

Guntur
February 5th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Yeah, kinda the same thing, I have like 40 cousins and to be honest I have a lot of nephews and nieces first removed. Yeah, It's great to have a cousin who have their babies and you could just hold on to Leor.

I honestly didn't know you have twins Leor. :o8O Yeap, I guess that's the truth about twins, people both have a different personality than what stereotype twins have in fiction.

Introvert and extrovert. Yes I've seen those in real life, I nearly got punched by my friend because I accidentally say his twin's name. :lol:

while thinking about my nephews and nieces, I do have a dark secret that My brother lose a baby while the womb 10 years ago, and also 5 years later I lost my grandfather on the same date.

http://leahalalela.net/showthread.php?1532-Something-Happen-Today

As she's in heaven right now the good news is she have 2 healthy brother and one healthy sister, Sometime we kinda wish that she would join us again in real life.

Kirauni
February 5th, 2015, 08:40 PM
A monkey's uncle? You're so weird! :cs_surprise_2:

But yes, congratulation, Guntur!

He is such a sweet kid, I wish I could see him more often. He honestly has made me comfortable being around young children, makes me more open to the idea of having my own children some day. Not that I was totally against the idea of having children, I just wasn't sure if I want kids or not.

I can so relate to that! For me, it was similiar with my nephews and nieces. I actually have four nephews and three nieces, but most of them are no longer teens. I grew up with them and that also helped me feeling comfortable around young children. My oldest niece is only 6 years younger than I so it felt more like having a few more sisters and brothers ;)

My youngest nephew, however, is 9 months old now. He's far the youngest and a really a cute little boy!
And I'm glad because now my little daugther has a cousin around her age (she's one year old now). Of course she like her other cousins, too. But when she's older, I think she'll play more with someone around her age.
Unfortnately, my nieces and nephews don't live near us. So we only see each others occasionally. And sometimes it's hard to keep in touch :cs_sorry:

Guntur
February 5th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Unfortnately, my nieces and nephews don't live near us. So we only see each others occasionally. And sometimes it's hard to keep in touch :cs_sorry:

Ouch, sorry to hear that, over here in my family it is completely the opposite, because All of my uncles and cousin are living in the same area, My sisters and my cousin are living in a same apartment, so there's usually a afternoon break or a dinner break with my cousins and my sister. Usually my mother said that she's going to go to the cafe just hanging out with her nephews and nieces, And I occasionally goes down and have a meal at the cafe poking people around. :lol:

Still, after a terrible year in 2005, after 10 years later, my mother have 8 grandchildren.

It's all right Sharifu, most of my friends have children nowadays, I'm just not ready to have a family or children, I usually play with then and they usually call me "Uncle Fendi" ;)

s-tlk
February 5th, 2015, 08:55 PM
I know how you feel, Sharifu. Also didn't felt very comfortable around young kids, but I started to some kind of like it. ;-) I don't have any nephew or nieces, but some cousins and a lot of people around me got kids (which was quite a shock to me when you
suddenly realize how old you are xD).

One of my older cousins also lost a kid before it was born. This was a horrible experience, more for them than for me of course, but life goes on and it did... sort of. :-/

Nevertheless, congratulation of being a "monkey's uncle", Guntur. Don't let them play in the elephant graveyard, though... try something more safe, like a waterfall. xD

Guntur
February 6th, 2015, 12:01 AM
Nevertheless, congratulation of being a "monkey's uncle", Guntur. Don't let them play in the elephant graveyard, though... try something more safe, like a waterfall. xD

They did go to the Elephant graveyard, by wanting to play GTA, I explained to them that it's a violent game and it's not a "fun" game to look at, I have to be responsible with these kids because I'm a type of "parents" who watch their kid about what's right or wrong on these things, since the parents couldn't see it, it my responsibility now.

:cheese: :D :evilgrin:

cleargreenwater
February 8th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Enjoy the niece or nephew Guntur!

I don't have siblings so I can't contribute much. Though, after about 15 years of everyone being adult or teenaged in my family, one of my cousins is getting married in 2 months, and they are very eager to start a family. I figure they'll spend the summer getting buying a house squared away and then by next christmas we should all have some news, if that long even.

It's gonna be so odd to have a baby in the family.

nathalie
February 8th, 2015, 02:07 PM
I have 2 nephews (both from my brother).
The eldest turned 6 last month, the youngest (who is also my Godchild) will turn 4 in May.

It hasn't changed my mind at all about having kids, my mind has been set on not having any since I was 11 years old, and I still feel the same way.

Congratz on being an uncle Fendi!

And then obviously, I have the full circle of other nephews and nieces, the children of my aunts/uncles, but in that line, my sister is the youngest and she'll already be 20 this June, so no little ones in that line anymore.

Sharifu
February 8th, 2015, 08:59 PM
And then obviously, I have the full circle of other nephews and nieces, the children of my aunts/uncles

Do you mean your cousins? I do have a few cousins that have their own kids, but I have never met them, they all live quite far away. I just see photos of them on Facebook.

My sister in law also has children of her own. I think her daughter is around 8 years old, and her son is 6. I guess I would be considered their aunt, well, I don't know if that's what they would call me, but I always called my aunts and uncles that, even if they are an aunt and uncle by marriage. (For example, my mom's sister, so my aunt, is married. I still call her husband Uncle Bob) But her kids hardly know me. But they are moving to Seattle later this month, from Finland. So maybe her kids will end up speaking more English and I will get to know them better. (Although I know they speak English some, they were living in China for a year and a half and went to an English speaking school) Seattle is not that far away, we can fly there on a 2 hour flight, maybe we'll get to visit them sometime this year.

nathalie
February 9th, 2015, 06:35 AM
Are they called cousins? Lol
I just always say niece and nephew.
I still see them all once in a while, including their kids. We arequite a tight family on my mothers side. There like 60 of us.

Guntur
April 11th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Just want you to know that her due date are here today but no labour pain at the moment, She said that she's going to the hospital on tuesday for Labor induction if she's not on labor these 2 days.

But everything went well today, She's smiling, visiting her siblings at this house, helping my mom out. Let just say she's prepared. :cheese:

Kirauni
April 12th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Already? How times flies... I hope everything will be fine for her and of course I hope you'll keep us informed ;)

My three nephews, my little daughter and I went to a holiday park yesterday. But the weather was crazy... the forecast said something about little rain and nice tempereturs but in the end it rained almost all the time XD But we had a lot of fun anyway. At first my daughter was a little scared of the children's rides, but in the end she really enjoyed it. And there were a lot of things for her to discover so yeah... it was great :)
Unfortunately, my nephews had to go back home in the evening and today my daughter keeps looking for them. That's so cute, but sad at the same time... Oh well, I guess we have to meet again, soon :)

Guntur
April 15th, 2015, 04:56 AM
Just want to let you guys know that My sister has delivered a baby boy on 11:20am. From what I heard he's doing fine in the hospital and weight on 3KG. My brother in law and my sister are in the hospital and right now it just waiting for the right time to visit 'em.

Oh, just another info, the eldest was sleeping in this house and she's kinda pumped up to meet her little brother.

Leorgathar
April 15th, 2015, 06:34 AM
Wow, congratulations, uncle Fendi! :D

Kirauni
April 15th, 2015, 06:35 AM
Yes, great congratulations! That's so great. But 3kg is not very big for a boy but I'm sure he'll grow soon :D
All the best for your and your family!

nathalie
April 15th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Doesn't matter if it's a boy, a girl can weigh just as "less".

Congratulations!

cleargreenwater
April 15th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Happy to hear big sister is OK with the baby so far, just wait til he's home and hogging the attention, lol.

Enjoy your nephew!

Guntur
April 16th, 2015, 08:13 AM
Thank you for all the love folks :noogies::hugs::timonhug::zazulove:

Behalf of my family we appreciate your well wishes.

As for the latest update seems my sister going to be discharge later on today. I'm praying for her safe journey from the hospital to the home. I probably visit them tomorrow as me and my sister are neighbors, and obviously family members going to visit her in this coming days and weeks.

Guntur
July 27th, 2015, 04:59 AM
If you guys noticed my new album on Facebook? I've been visiting my relative and my friend's grave early in the morning.

Especially my eldest deceased niece, I haven't gone to her grave for solid 10 years to be honest, as her death anniversary were yesterday and I was visiting her in a right time, telling her that she's not alone and she got her uncle on her side forever and ever.

http://i.imgur.com/NFAUYkr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5KamWml.jpg
(Translation) : Al Fatihah The Late Khadijah Bt Zulkarnein, born and died (passed away) on 7/26/2005 with 19 Jumaada al-Akhir 1426 Hijra. May her soul rest in the mercy of Allah S.W.T.

Leorgathar
July 27th, 2015, 07:15 AM
To pass away so young :( but that's a very beautiful sentiment. I'm sure she would be proud of her uncle :hugs:

Guntur
April 4th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Hey guys, I just want to give you good news that my Sister in Law is in labor at the moment, my mom break the news 20 minutes ago.

Good news is We've got another Niece, meaning that we have 5 Girls compared to 3 Boys. It's going to be a pink generation from now on :lol:

YAY for Fendi for getting another children. :D

nathalie
June 1st, 2016, 07:26 PM
Here are my 2 rascal newphews.
Oldest is 7, youngest just turned 5 last week.

Azerane
June 12th, 2016, 11:11 AM
I have two nephews, three nieces, and two more on the way :D One on my side and one on Pat's side. Due in August and November I believe. Pretty exciting times, and yet it still doesn't make me want my own kids, perhaps even more of the reverse :cheese:

nathalie
June 12th, 2016, 11:14 AM
I feel the same. I got the next best thing, my brother's youngest is my Godchild, for me that's enough.
I don't believe in "it's different when it's your own", because, what if it's not ... Need to be smart enough to not take that risk.

cleargreenwater
June 12th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Aww, they're cute Nathalie. And Azerane, wow that's a full family! :o Guntur, you have a big batch of kids there too!

I'm an only child and don't have any siblings, so I "can't have" nieces or nephews, lol. I wish I had nieces and nephews, it would give my mother something to do since I like a more boring life.

I have an unofficial niece that lives nearby, (she's a step-cousin, but sooo much younger than me I call her my niece since I was in high school when she was born,) but she's in college now, so a little old :P

I'm god mother to an aunt's daughter, but the aunt and I don't really gel well together and drifted our seperate ways very soon after she was born, so I don't really know her.

nathalie
June 12th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Aww, that's a shame.
My Godmother dissapeared when I was 6. When I was about 19 or 20 she tried contacting me again. Mainly she wanted to get to my dad, instead of just directly calling him, or visiting him, not that she doesn't know where he lives.

She keeps calling and calling, and I go to Brussels once a year to satify her needs, haha.
Been loads of times to Brussels this year actually, and I kept "forgetting" to mention it to her :p

cleargreenwater
June 12th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Five or 6 is about when I disappeared unfortunately too. It's kind of a shame, she's 12 now and those years won't get back, but my aunt has always had a very specific vision of life that everyone needs to interact according to and so far the girl is growing up to be very much her parent's ultra-successful daughter just fine without me. Very specific rules for the kid, she was learning a language, instruments (more than one,) and horseback riding lessons by 6. Just way too much high-powered perfectionist Tiger Mom stuff. And as a personal choice that's fine, but. No place in a life like that for a slacker like me, and every time we talked it was some new "suggestion" or criticism about what I aught to be doing with my aunt's disappointment oozing off of her every time she spoke to me. Nope, you know what, just keep your kid & good luck. I'm sorry I'm not the person you thought I was when you asked me to do this, but I'm not going to change myself to become it to fit your life.

Ah well. Maybe my local "niece" will decide to start a family someday, she knows & loves me for the oddball basketcase that I am, lol.

nathalie
June 12th, 2016, 02:02 PM
You're right though. Normally a Godparent is chosen for a reason.
Not really so much over here, well, depends on how religious you are I guess. For some people it really is, that the Godparent is 2nd in line to take of the kid when something happens to the parents.

I don't see my Godchild as often, I only live an hour away by car, but by public transportation it's a 4-6 hour journey, depending if I wanna use only the bus or bus+train.
But every time I am at my parents, I do try to see him every chance I get. I'm very uncomfortable around him, haha, his speech for a 5 year old is pretty bad, so I can't do much with him.
I took him to a concert of a childrens-group 3 months ago, while he was very quiet, and fixated at one point looking at the stage, you could tell he was having fun, more so with my glowstick, haha.
I try to do these kind of things, to get a bit of a bond with him and such.
His brother is 7, and talks and talks, which makes it so much easier to interact with.