PDA

View Full Version : Are you an expressed TLK fanatic?

Xinithian
December 6th, 2004, 03:31 AM
It seems like I'm seeing quite a few people here being shy about their TLK obsession IRL... I want to know how people deal with their TLK obsession IRL. I let people know that I like TLK, and Scar, but I don't let them know nearly how obsessed I am with it.

Azerane
December 6th, 2004, 03:58 AM
Most of my friends know that I like the Lion King but only two of them know that I am obsessed with it, one of these has been a good friend of mine for a long time and so knows about all of my drawings but not of my insane collection. My other friend knows about my collection and absolute love for tlk but is only just finding out that I draw tlk so often. I'm not sure if my family knows how obsessed I am with tlk, I don't tell them but they may have worked it out, I quote it enough and watch it enough so they should know. I don't know why I don't tell them. I think it's just a security thing mostly

nafklt
December 6th, 2004, 04:21 AM
All my friends know and I guess I express and quote it a lot... maybe that's how I knew this girl that also likes TLK in my English class...:hmm:

Ngatuny
December 6th, 2004, 06:15 AM
All my friends know I'm sort of obsessed with TLK. :p

lion_roog
December 6th, 2004, 06:17 AM
Some people know that I like TLK....but I don't go out of my way to tell people what I like....I usually let them find that out on their own......:D :cheese:

Amaryllis
December 6th, 2004, 07:21 AM
I am totally obsessed and not afraid to show it!!!
OUTLANDER RULEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
SCAR WHEEEEEEEEEEJ!!!!!!!!!
:lol:

Kovu
December 6th, 2004, 07:27 AM
I leave alotta TLK drawings on random public computers i can find... :cheese:
But i only tell my liking for TLK when i'm asked upon. I seldom am the one starting off chats anyway. :p

unregistered user
December 6th, 2004, 07:40 AM
I let people know that I like TLK, but I don't tell them that I RP or that I've joined any forums or anything :p

I have shown people my drawings before, almost everyone I know has seen at least a few of them.

I even use my character's name 'Ravoc' as a nickname around my friends IRL, they've often asked where it comes from. I tell them, "It's just something I came up with.", which is 100% true.

Very rarely will I mention my nickname 'Nuka' though, but a few friends of mine have heard it. My sister (one of many) knows how much I love TLK, but I don't like it when she walks in while I'm writing on Lea.

I think it's one of those things about us all. We like what we like and we want to tell others about it but we're afraid of what might happen if we do, like; they won't be our friends anymore or they'll feel differently about us, etc..

Lion Roar
December 6th, 2004, 11:04 AM
I vote the second option.

Some people know I love TLK, and some not. As everything, I'm not shouting everywhere "I love TLK, TLK rules" :p I'm quite shy to do that, but some of my friends know I like it, but not that I'm so obsessed.

nathalie
December 6th, 2004, 11:33 AM
I voted the second thing.

"obsessed" is a very big word, which I rather not use with people I just met or don't really know.

To the persons who do know me very well, they know it's kind of like an obsession :D

Lion King Stu
December 6th, 2004, 11:36 AM
i also have to say the second one. People know i like the lion king i'm partly obsessed but not fully obsessed

kourukon
December 6th, 2004, 11:42 AM
:hehe: looks like i'm the only one who's secret about TLK....

:( that's why i don't show here photos of me etc... well it's pretty hard, you know. people here don't understand things like this, and i can guess there are less that 10 people who even KNOW what "furry" means....

nathalie
December 6th, 2004, 11:51 AM
It doesn't matter what other people think. It's about what you think.

If everybody in this world would like the same thing, I think it would be a pretty boring world *lol*

Mabatu
December 6th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by kourukon
:hehe: looks like i'm the only one who's secret about TLK....

Don't worry, you're not alone; nobody i know IRL knows i am obsessed with TLK, or even that i like it much. I completely agree with Nuka, because i'm afraid what people would think if they found out...deep down i know they probably wouldn't care, but that is not enough to make me feel comfortable with letting them know. I really wish i was the type of person that doesn't care what others think, but unfortunately, i'm not. :alone:

Sometimes i am really eager to let my parents know what i'm interested in (not just TLK, but movies and stuff in general), but it seems that every time i start talking about stuff i like, they act all uninterested, and if my brother is around he will usually take the opposite viewpoint which my parents always seem to agree with, and then i feel stupid. The result is that i avoid sharing anything personal with my parents now. :confused:

I'm glad i have Lea where i can talk about stuff ;)

King Simba
December 6th, 2004, 01:04 PM
2nd option for me.

I've let my mum, dad and sister know that I like it. I've shown my TLKFAA gallery to my sister. My mum is wanting to see it.

I've told them that I like TLK but I'm not obsessed with it. (I am really ;))

unregistered user
December 6th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by nathalie
It doesn't matter what other people think. It's about what you think.

That's right! Preach it sista... wooooooo! You gotta be yourself, without it, you'd lose your identity :p . (INSERT BORING SONIQUE SPEECH HERE) XD

Where's the "I'm TLK Insane" button? :idiot: :bleen: :D :D :D

nathalie
December 6th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Sonique
Where's the "I'm TLK Insane" button? :idiot: :bleen: :D :D :D

Haha, that would have got at least 1 vote already then :p

unregistered user
December 6th, 2004, 03:29 PM
My family knows that I like it, but it doesn't bother them a bit. I agree with Nuka that I dislike it that some of my family members would walk in while I'm on Lea, because I'm afraid of what they might think more of me. That's why I always close the internet windows right before they come in.:D None of my friends know it, I never tell anyone from school and they're all not worthy of trusting my slight secret to it. I'm just as afraid as you guys about telling other people about it, my little sister already thinks I'm wierd because I like an animated movie.:confused:

Simbaa
December 6th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Everyone knows i love it :cheese: most of my friends like it as well :D

Nephilim
December 6th, 2004, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't say I'm a fanatic. I just like the movie. My friends know that, and if anyone has a problem with that... then it's their problem and not mine.

unregistered user
December 6th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Mabatu, you and I are are quite a like in our lives =)

lion_roog
December 6th, 2004, 08:27 PM
I don't know if I could say I am obsessed with TLK in the sense of the word because I'm obsessed with a lot of things....so being obsessed with TLK would be normal for me.....:D

Shadow
December 6th, 2004, 08:34 PM
i cant really say that...i got some nice guys/girls from Takewando that dont know it no one there duse...but the ppl in shcool knows it....but they dont say it in a kind way thoug....:alone:

but if some day some time one of the guys from takewando wold come to my room...they wold figerd :browlift:

but yeah i love it more then anything els and i am not shy our a shame of it am proud over it :cheese: and if they ask if am a fan of somthing then i tell them

jannali
December 6th, 2004, 11:06 PM
haha just about everyone i know knows that i eat, sleep, live, think, am obessessed beyond belief with the lion king. i dont see why i should be ashamed or embarrassed, everyone likes different things and tlk is mine =)

TakaTiger
December 6th, 2004, 11:19 PM
im out loud about it, i dont care what ppl say, but its ushally complaments oO

A-non-a-mus
December 6th, 2004, 11:36 PM
'secret' .... it's not that I TRY to be... it's more that that's how I grew up... as I've said before.... my mom knows less of me than everyone here does... (TRUE!)

So, nearly evverything about me is a mystery to some extent... except to my best friends and all here

Xinithian
December 7th, 2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Kenyi
My family knows that I like it, but it doesn't bother them a bit. I agree with Nuka that I dislike it that some of my family members would walk in while I'm on Lea, because I'm afraid of what they might think more of me. That's why I always close the internet windows right before they come in.:D None of my friends know it, I never tell anyone from school and they're all not worthy of trusting my slight secret to it. I'm just as afraid as you guys about telling other people about it, my little sister already thinks I'm wierd because I like an animated movie.:confused: Don't close the windows, minimize them. I've been doing this for almost 5 years... in fact, have your window take only the bottom right corner of your screen, and another site that you aren't worried about in the background.. If you have a tall chair, boost it to the highest setting, sit closer to the computer, and they won't even know that the window is there. All they will think you are on is the main page in the background.

TakaTiger
December 7th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Xinithian
Don't close the windows, minimize them. I've been doing this for almost 5 years... in fact, have your window take only the bottom right corner of your screen, and another site that you aren't worried about in the background.. If you have a tall chair, boost it to the highest setting, sit closer to the computer, and they won't even know that the window is there. All they will think you are on is the main page in the background.

minamize? close? wha?! unherd of :P i could care less if my parents know, ill get onto lea in the middle of class, :ayecapn: my parents know i like it, and they accept it.. i think oO they never said anything about it.. and reading over this post, i realized it diddnt make much sence :P

Juniper
December 7th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Don't ask, don't tell. A few friends know I like it casually just cause I bought TLK2 while we were at the mall, but they couldn't care less.

King Simba
December 7th, 2004, 12:07 AM
If I don't want anyone to see what I'm on, I just turn off the monitor or minimize it.

Lion Roar
December 7th, 2004, 12:15 AM
My parents know that I post here and are happy because of that, so I don't have to "hide" it.

MoonCougar
December 7th, 2004, 01:21 AM
i think almost everyone in my school knows that i have a "slight" obsession with the lion king. :p I kinda put a picture of my lion king collection in my Family History project, which was out on a table where everyone could see it, ;)

va-kasi
December 7th, 2004, 01:28 AM
Compleatly secret as well here:stop: As well with all my other cartoon/animated obsessions. Too shy, I don't know if my parents have an idea about it or not, its too hard to tell and I don't know how much I really care, I just don't want to talk about it :cheese:

unregistered user
December 7th, 2004, 01:49 AM
No one knows it, no one even suspects. I am quite expert at hiding it. Only recently have I even started hanging around forums like this one... But then I'm sure I'd be the laughing stock of my beer buddies if they ever found out I had an obsession with it.

Xinithian
December 7th, 2004, 02:52 AM
We're in the closet...
Let's make a closet TLK group.

jannali
December 7th, 2004, 03:21 AM
why hide it though? i mean, its nothing to be ashamed of, cuz you like something. there are crazier things in this world to be obessesed with lol. im as loud as i can be with tlk. almost all my school projects have tlk worked into them in some way lol so even my teachers know i am obsessed with it. and the first day of school when we were playing silly introduction games i introduced myself as a tlk fanatic. no one has a problem with it and i've gotten a bunch of people thinking more about tlk too lol

csyria
December 7th, 2004, 04:11 AM
I am pretty closed about it, a few friends know I adore it, but not many.

I am also sad to say that I share my intrest with no one else I know locally :tears:

Shadow
December 7th, 2004, 05:19 AM
well when it comes to my pride all knows it.

my sister have buy some big cats posters to me a while ago http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/Happy.gif

the only thing i want is ether real big cats our TLK :bleen:

Sharifu
December 7th, 2004, 05:24 AM
I agree with Jannali, why hide it? I am proud to be a TLK fan, TLK fans are nice, caring people. And it's a good movie.

Shadow
December 7th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu
I agree with Jannali, why hide it? I am proud to be a TLK fan, TLK fans are nice, caring people. And it's a good movie.

inndid it is http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/Conceited.gif

Simba_TLK
December 7th, 2004, 05:54 AM
for me it will depend on who i will tell. some of my friends know i like TLK and they dont seem to have a problem with it. I only told them because i knew they will be alright with it ;)
But some of my friends i will never tell, because i know for sure they will make a big deal out of it, and think im wierd :idiot: :lol:

lion_roog
December 7th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Hi...my name is Lion_Roog...and I'm a Nalaholic.....I have a disease, and I don't know what to call it.....:D :D

Mabatu
December 7th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Nuka
Mabatu, you and I are are quite a like in our lives =)

Yep, i think you are right about that :)

Don't close the windows, minimize them. I've been doing this for almost 5 years... in fact, have your window take only the bottom right corner of your screen, and another site that you aren't worried about in the background.. If you have a tall chair, boost it to the highest setting, sit closer to the computer, and they won't even know that the window is there. All they will think you are on is the main page in the background.

Hehe, you seem to be an expert on secrecy ;)

Like lots of other people here, i always have another website on the taskbar ready for clicking on if i hear somebody coming near my door :p Once or twice i think my brother has briefly seen Lea before i minimise it, i get really annoyed when that happens. So far i don't think he's figured out i'm a member of a TLK forum, which is good :cheese:

lion_roog
December 7th, 2004, 10:02 AM
I don't minimise anything......if anyone says something....I just say..."What, you got a problem with it?":cheese:

Sharifu
December 7th, 2004, 10:27 AM
I show off my love for 2-D animated films. (With TLK being my favorite) ;) Everyone thinks it's so cool that these 2-D animated films inspired me to become an animator.

Mabatu
December 7th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by lion_roog
I don't minimise anything......if anyone says something....I just say..."What, you got a problem with it?":cheese:

I wish i had that attitude :alone:

va-kasi
December 7th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Why hide it? Too shy as I said before, in my school years (well I just got out of school anyways) it would of been too embarrassing the way teenagers react to 'weirdness', I coped enough from being a twin :hmm:

Its not just TLK (SP) either, Cares bears, MLP AoFW the lot of animated stuff :cheese: Must keep....secret :cheese:

TakaTiger
December 7th, 2004, 05:55 PM
like i said, dont hide it! be proud of being a tlk fan! here in the middle of skool, people say stuff, oh well ;) i enjoy it :D

Nephilim
December 7th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Oh please Xin, I just slap people who come too close to me while I'm online.

No, really...

Princess Nala
December 10th, 2004, 03:29 AM
OMG XD Ask anyone I know. They know I am NOT shy about my obbession. XD I scare people.

Azerane
December 10th, 2004, 04:14 AM
Muahahah... I'm the minimising master! :evilgrin:

Hehe, if my brother comes near I quickly switch to another window... I always have to have a certain amount of windows open though so that you can't read "Lea Halalela" or "Lion King Fan-Art Ar..." on the task bar... hehe... I just... yeah, I think it'd be weird if my family new about Lea.

Who knows, I'm like Simba_TLK and only tell selected friends if I know they'll be alright with it.

HasiraKali
December 10th, 2004, 04:43 AM
People know I'm obsessed. If they don't, they must be pretty thick. I wear a TLK shirt at least once a week. :-p. I've actually had random people that I never really talk to give me stuff they find while cleaning their rooms. ;) I don't complain. Funny story. XD I was giving one of my friends a ride home my freshman year of college. She knew I liked the movie but had no idea how much. She got in my car and was just like O.O. I have a lot of plushies and toys in my car. The next week she gave me some stuff she found in her room. XD

Khaki
December 10th, 2004, 05:43 AM
Oh man.. Shy about TLK? Now thats not possible for me. People knew right off the bat that I was obsessed with this movie right when it came out. Apparently (so my parents tell me) The day we saw TLK in the theatre for the first time, i was singing the songs word for word on the car ride home. :diva: I was about 5 at the time and really cant remember. Alls I can remember from then is the little lion king toys they would give you with the kiddy popcorm. =D

After that, It was perfectly clear I had found my life's obsession. I would sing the songs with one of my friends on the way to school, I would crawl around on all fours when i was at home, I would draw characters on all the birthday cards I gave to people, my friends and family just naturally associated "TLK" with "Carrie" :vitsm:

Im not any more shy about it now. Even though im in high school. My sketchbooks are FILLED with lions (which everyone looks through at least once) When people ask If i like the lion king i pretty much think "Well thats a stupid question", and reply with a "Hells ya". My parents know perfectly well that im still obsessed with it, and my mother actually asked me for one of my TLK style drawings that she could hang up in her office:wicked: :) And my room is... a giant disney advertisement. So no surprise to anyone who comes in there.

(man this post is long ;))

As for my friends, They all know about it. I've told a few of them about Lea, even though i usually start with "I know its geeky but i dont care...". When I came to highschool I became really close with another girl who is also a TLK and disney fanatic, so that makes it a lot easier. We both love the movie and cd's and plan to go to TLKoB together one day :D And whenever my other friends say something like "Oh no not Lion King/Disney" I always come back with a "Oh no not country music!"

haha... hit em where it hurts. :jejeje:

So basically, its really just part of my identity. TLK is what inspired me to draw, who knows where I'd be today without it? (probably a druggie xP) I say, let people know who you are. If you love TLK dont be ashamed. And if people dont accept you, thats their problem. Not yours :browlift:

(weeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :idiot: )

lion_roog
December 10th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Princess Nala
XD I scare people.

I scare people, too!!!:D .....but not because I'm a fan of the Lion King.......:D

Nephilim
December 10th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Azerane

Hehe, if my brother comes near I quickly switch to another window... I always have to have a certain amount of windows open though so that you can't read "Lea Halalela" or "Lion King Fan-Art Ar..." on the task bar... hehe... I just... yeah, I think it'd be weird if my family new about Lea.

I just have the tast bar up the side, so no one can read anything. Mwha.

Xinithian
December 11th, 2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Azerane

What I do is scrunch the task bar up by sliding the thing to the left.

unregistered user
December 11th, 2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Mabatu
Yep, i think you are right about that :)

Hehe, you seem to be an expert on secrecy ;)

Like lots of other people here, i always have another website on the taskbar ready for clicking on if i hear somebody coming near my door :p Once or twice i think my brother has briefly seen Lea before i minimise it, i get really annoyed when that happens. So far i don't think he's figured out i'm a member of a TLK forum, which is good :cheese:

LoL!!! That's what I used to do!!!:lol::p

EDIT: I wish I could tell everyone I like TLK without anybody making fun or expressing rude comments about it.

Lion Roar
December 11th, 2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Kenyi
I wish I could tell everyone I like TLK without anybody making fun or expressing rude comments about it.

I wish the same :hmm: ;)

Shatara
December 11th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Geez...some of yous are hiding yer lion king stuff like you're lookin at porn or something...o.O

Myself, I really haven't advertized my lionking obsession, but I haven't exactly gone too far to hide it either...

My immediate family knows about my lionking fandom, as well as general obsession with lions. Doubt they know how deep it goes...

In elementary school, Lionking was 'cool'. There was one kid who seemed almost as obsessed. Another poked fun at a third by calling him 'Simba' (which he got quite P'd about), and when asked what was so bad about it, reminded me about "What Simba did to Nala"...(hey, it was friggin fifth grade...) One time, while watching it at the end of the day, I got the movie turned off for yelling "They Called Me Mister Pig" loud enought to hear at the other end of the building XD

Middle school, I kept it pretty much secret. THe one exception was giving a few friends LKish nicknames. The only ones of note were Bret, who laughed at seemingly everything, became known as 'Ed', and my friend Ian, who got tagged with 'Shenzi', and didn't figure it out for like a month XD

Highschool is when things changed, with the recent release of LK2. I stumbled upon Lionking.org during a computer litteracy class. I commonly used school time to browse the Lionking.org message boards or read fanfiction, much to the distaste of my teachers. Many of the faculty new I was getting on message boards (a clear violation of the rules), but never demanded I stop, due to the 'G-rated' nature of it...
I'm sure at least some portion of the student body knew about it too as I showed my girlfriend my fanfiction, the teachers occasionally chided my lk-site browsing, etc...I even had the cryptic letters 'TLKiaWoL' on my backpack...

In the Army, I never actively brought it up, but it came up three times anyway.
First, was in basic, as I tried my hand ad drawing Vitani from memory. It sucked. Someone saw it and asked if it was Shere Khan. I dont recall if I corrected him, or simply responded along the lines of 'something like that...'...
Second, Just after Airborne School. I had overnight CQ runner duty (a pretty uneventful job), and was allowed to bring my PS1 and laptop. I spent most of the night playing a long game of Command and Conquer. By the time I remembered to wake up my relief, the shift was over anyway (and I never did get the promised day off either >.<). As I was shutting the ol' machine down, the CQ NCO (guy in charge) caught a glimpse of my Vitani wallpaper. Hence came the famous quote: "You're the first snake-eater I've seen with a cartoon cat on his wallpaper..."
Third, one time when getting lunch on-post (Subway or Pizza, don't remember) I had my wallet out to pay, which contained a Lionking trading card. Some random shmoe saw it, and asked something like "That Lion King?" I told him it was. Never expected what came next. He responded "Uh...Nala's hot..." I only grinned knowingly.

lion_roog
December 11th, 2004, 10:50 AM
:cheese: ..Good stuff, Shatara.....the last two stories i find funny...:D

I remember Elementary school...The Lion King and Jurassic Park were the two coolest/popular movies in Elementary. I used to think my friend was rich as hell in Elementary because he got movies when they came out on video....and he took me to go see TLK in theatres....so when he got TLK on video, we watched it quite a bit.

The Lion King has come up a couple times in conversations I've had. Once when a few friends and I were talking about hot actresses/movie characters and such....for some reason I don't find that many actresses attractive.....so I mentioned Nala.....:D....And I got a few laughs from that.

And people will ask about my car decals everyonce in a while.....and I just tell them I love lions.....and they usually say "Oh, That's Cool"

Mabatu
December 11th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Shatara
Geez...some of yous are hiding yer lion king stuff like you're lookin at porn or something...o.O

:lol::lol::lol:

It would seem that way, i hadn't really thought of it like that before :p

Interesting stories by the way, was good reading :cheese:

Xinithian
December 11th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Shatara

In the Army, I never actively brought it up, but it came up three times anyway.

Third, one time when getting lunch on-post (Subway or Pizza, don't remember) I had my wallet out to pay, which contained a Lionking trading card. Some random shmoe saw it, and asked something like "That Lion King?" I told him it was. Never expected what came next. He responded "Uh...Nala's hot..." I only grinned knowingly. You were in the army? I never knew that... could you PM me about what you did?

And I've never heard anybody mention that Nala was hot IRL. Unfortunately, I was just 5 and in kindergarden when it came out. There weren't really any "cool" movies at the time (movies weren't really discussed back in Kindergarden). And when I finally started hearing about the "cool" movies, it was a few years after TLK and the one that I remember kids talking about was "Independance Day". Unfortunately, now whenever Disney is brought up, everybody in my class says that "The Little Mermaid/Aladdin was the best Disney movie!". :rolleyes:

MoonCougar
December 11th, 2004, 06:19 PM
seriously you peoples need to stop hiding the fact that you like the lion king. Who cares what everyone else thinks? if they don't like it then simply they don't have a brain. :idiot: dont hold it against them tho, they might get a little testy. ;)

lion king stories lion king stories....nothing really, my friends do give me their old lion king stuff, but i generally tend to have it. Oh! *story pops into head*

One of my old friends has that baby nala plushie that is laying down. A couple years back, she asked me, "Do you have this nala plushie," in a weird bragging tone. I answered back, "Yup! I got it off of ebay, i also have the one that is sitting up." Then she gave me a weird look, and said, "Oh"
Look who's so high and mighty now!:evilgrin: :p

Xinithian
December 11th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by MoonCougar
seriously you peoples need to stop hiding the fact that you like the lion king. Who cares what everyone else thinks? if they don't like it then simply they don't have a brain. :idiot: dont hold it against them tho, they might get a little testy. ;) It's a tad bit different if you're a guy, though... and if nobody else around you really likes it.

lionloversam
December 12th, 2004, 01:00 AM
There was a time that I was so obsessed with TLK, every other thing out of my mouth was TLK. I drove my family and friends crazy with it.

Mabatu
December 12th, 2004, 01:27 PM
It's a tad bit different if you're a guy, though... and if nobody else around you really likes it.

That's true. If people at my school had have found out i'm a huge TLK fan, the attitude that i am 'weird' for liking a 'kids movie' would no doubt have arisen, and petty things like that can escalate if some idiot decides they want to pick on someone. While that is a worst case scenario, even if people just casually were to tease about it, that wouldn't be nice at all.

MoonCougar
December 12th, 2004, 03:49 PM
It's a tad bit different if you're a guy, though... and if nobody else around you really likes it.

:rolleyes: maybe, but i just think that you all are afraid to be unique ;)

va-kasi
December 13th, 2004, 12:47 AM
I'm not afraid of being unique. Other people are afraid of me being unique... or the term they prefer to use is "weird" ;)

Khaki
December 13th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by lion_roog

The Lion King has come up a couple times in conversations I've had. Once when a few friends and I were talking about hot actresses/movie characters and such....for some reason I don't find that many actresses attractive.....so I mentioned Nala.....:D....And I got a few laughs from that.

Hey man, Simba is Shmexey!:slimey: :irule:

lion_roog
December 13th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Khaki
Hey man, Simba is Shmexey!:slimey: :irule:

:haha:....Hmmm, Shmexey.....can't disagree with ya there...Simba's a stud..... :D

unregistered user
August 28th, 2005, 06:50 AM
I am a LionKing -a-holic. I have TLKOB wallpaper on my laptop. I have the DVD's a Simba plushie and a Rafiki plushie. My family accepts it...Except my sister. (I have 2) But my eldest sister thinks it's cute. (She's 27 or something.) ANd if people point at me and go "Eew1 You like TLK that's retarded!" I might end up rolling over them with my car when I'm sixteen. one person said "I can't believe you like that movie.! It's so retarded! They should like take the movies plushies books etc. And burn it all by putting it up for trial as witchcraft." As for my reaction.
I punched thier face and private area. (Laughs from the memory.)

Mizani
August 28th, 2005, 07:19 AM
I've never heard anyone say TLK is retarded. The only one who bags TLK is my best friend and my mum. My Best friend thinks its childish and my mum thinks that the lions are ugly.
When they say that I just shrug it off though. Don't think I'll run them over with my car when I'm older;)

Another Tomato
August 28th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Well, while I like TLK, I'm not a fanatic about it. There are other things I'm much more obsessed with. I'm actually on this forum mostly for the company of all the other curious characters who like to come here. But anyway, if someone were to ask if I like the movie, or why I have it in my collection, I'd gladly state that I happen to enjoy the movie.

Hanshilo
August 28th, 2005, 10:33 AM
I am quiet about it i think only 2 ppl from school know that i like it, and that is micheal and aaron, but they didn't care...
My family knows it, my sister and brother often take the P*** but i ignore them, my dad knows i like it, but i think he was slightly shocked when i took my folder of stuff down and poured it all out ...:cheese:
but then i have a wierd mixture of obssesions...:evilgrin: Cause of my heavy metal, and all that stuff but i also like over languaged music too, so, plus i like my grim's:D

i think quite a few ppl know that i like scar though all my teachers know...:hakuna:
but i am more worried that at my school i would be even more rejected than i already am...