PDA

View Full Version : Countries of the World Quiz

King Simba
October 8th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Test your knowledge of the world here! :D

http://www.jetpunk.com/quizzes/how-many-countries-can-you-name.php

I got 125/196... not bad, although my mind went blank after a while. :headache:

Oh, and be aware, the time starts as soon as the link is opened. ;)

KanuTGL
October 8th, 2014, 03:35 PM
I only got 83... I recognised all the country names after the time was up, but alas, I couldn't think of them under pressure, clearly :p

Guntur
October 8th, 2014, 04:24 PM
80 on the count of 2 minutes, I kinda give up on guessing the country's name.:embarassed::zazutiming:

Leorgathar
October 8th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Ugh, I got 68. Meaning I'm the lowest score so far :woe: there were some obvious ones I missed
I'll go take some coffee, relax for a while, and try again ><

King Simba
October 8th, 2014, 05:36 PM
I got 145 on my second go. I was meaning to take a screenshot of my first attempt but already closed the window before I took one. :woe:

The countries in green are the ones I guessed correctly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/simbaspride/map_zps84400737.png

Too bad I forgot Belgium and The Netherlands, which I guessed correctly on the first try... and what makes it worse is I've been to both countries! :uhno:

Ugh, I got 68. Meaning I'm the lowest score so far :woe: there were some obvious ones I missed
I'll go take some coffee, relax for a while, and try again ><
Don't worry about it. Guessing all these countries under pressure can be quite tough. I'm sure next time you'll do better. :)

Raize
October 8th, 2014, 09:22 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/Ravoc/CountriesoftheWorld_zpsb6e64e3e.png

148, first try. But, I'm a geography nerd :evilgrin:

I'm actually angry I didn't get all of the non-island ones

Also, I said Iran, but, it doesn't show up on the map for some reason *shrug*

Dare
October 8th, 2014, 10:02 PM
92/196 - probably would have gotten more if I knew how to spell properly. XD

ThiagoPE
October 8th, 2014, 10:13 PM
I got only 90 in my frist try (however there were a lot of countries that i knew its name in portuguese but did not knew the correct speling in english, so i lose some points/time because of that)

Azerane
October 9th, 2014, 05:02 AM
I'd rather not talk about how many I got :p Never did like geography anyway :lol: I know that I know way, way more countries than what I could think of, but looking at a map doesn't help.

I might try again in a week after I've studied google maps a bit :p

Vidan
October 9th, 2014, 05:22 AM
68. I'll admit I was a bit impressed that I even got that far, but it's still rather sad. I guess it doesn't help that I didn't know any of the names of the Eastern European countries. That could possibly be chalked up to my having taken geography in grade school just as the USSR collapsed, so I never really learned the names of the new countries. I guess that fact makes me feel old, but it's still no excuse. :zazusorry: It doesn't terribly help that I've never left North America, but hopefully that'll change sooner rather than later.

Utora
October 9th, 2014, 09:13 AM
http://i58.tinypic.com/2cwviwh.png

Cool! It was a fun test, but two years ago I would have gotten around 60 only, for sure.
My job has fixed that....

I still hit a brick wall and couldn't figure out anymore...hmm.
That and the spelling of some places..I had to redo the typing a few times lol.

KanuTGL
October 9th, 2014, 04:08 PM
123 this time... I will get better at this! :p

nathalie
October 9th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Why doesn't it surprise me, that hardly anyone has Belgium in green, everywhere I see this link pop up? :lol:

Guntur
October 9th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Raize you didn't add Malaysia in your map? :( *sniff*

:lol:

That's a good result guys, especially Utora and Raize, Looking for a country and trying to know their country name is hard. I'm glad I had 80 after gave up with 2 minutes left. I'm glad all the answers are high for you people.

nathalie
October 9th, 2014, 04:50 PM
I'm not even gonna bother :p just looking at the world map makes me :cringe:

I remember back in school, for geography, we needed to learn all European countries for final exams mostly every year, or the 12 EEG countries, which was easy in the beginning, untill they kept adding and adding countries to it :lol:

I don't even know more then half the countries in Europe anymore, lol.

KanuTGL
October 12th, 2014, 12:15 PM
I'm still working on this... :lol: I scored 155 this time! And I named every single European country, including the micro-nations! Eurovision might have helped there... xD

King Simba
October 12th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Great time passer, right? :lol:

I got 167 this time round. :D