PDA

View Full Version : Leahalalela DA?

Utora
October 2nd, 2014, 03:38 AM
I could not find a deviantart group for our artist members on DA.
I went to make one, because I'd like to see a hub for it anyways, and then it proceeds to say the name was taken if I wrote just (Leahalalela).
Couldn't find it anywhere.

:confused:

So I made Lea-Halalela, if anyone wants to contribute. Unless they know where this original group exists on deviantart?

Dare
October 2nd, 2014, 03:43 AM
Since there's already a leahalalela.deviantart.com, that appears to be a normal DevArt user, that's probably why you couldn't use it as a group name?

Yoinked from: http://makeagroup.deviantart.com/

Please note that just like usernames, there cannot be two accounts using the same name. Please check to ensure the name you are trying to use for your group isn't already taken by another user, or group, or chat room.

At any rate, I'll suppose I'll join.
It could be interesting and/or come in handy.
:)

Utora
October 2nd, 2014, 04:06 AM
Ah so you found it. Thanks! I have no idea why but when it comes to using DeviantArts interface, I feel like I'm old and slow.

:lol:

Awesome!

Leorgathar
October 2nd, 2014, 04:37 AM
Hmm this is a neat idea, sure, I'll join :D

EDIT: Hmm I get this message

Sorry! Join requests are closed at this time.

How odd :confused:

Utora
October 2nd, 2014, 04:45 AM
Let me open them up...I'm still figuring out the settings.

:cheese:

Request to join as a contributor when it is up.

Leorgathar
October 2nd, 2014, 04:50 AM
Alright, I'm in now, thanks! :zazusmile:

HasiraKali
October 2nd, 2014, 10:21 PM
I haven't uploaded to DA in ages, and I'm not an artist in the drawing sense. :P I do photography and such. Would that have a place in that group?

Leorgathar
October 2nd, 2014, 10:26 PM
I think your photos would fit perfectly in the group :D I really like your photographs ^^

HasiraKali
October 3rd, 2014, 12:58 AM
Aw thanks! :D I'll go ahead and join then. Like I said, I haven't uploaded on there in ages, but this could be an incentive to do so.

lionobsession
October 3rd, 2014, 05:17 PM
So glad there's now a group and have successfully submitted. However, I have never submitted my drawings to a group before (today being my trial run) and I'm not sure I did it correctly. I wanted to just submit it to the Sketch-a-Character thread, however, the only place I could submit it was as Featured which was not my plan at all! Was that the right way or have I got completely the wrong idea?!

Leorgathar
October 3rd, 2014, 06:18 PM
Hmm well, it now appears to be in both Sketch-a-character and Featured. I also gave it a shot to submit one of my drawings, but it's the same with me, I can only upload in Featured. Maybe there's an option somewhere to change that?

Utora
October 4th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Ok, I got some free time today at work. I have gone in and modified what contributors can do. You can automatically submit to any folder now.
I'll tweak some more stuff.

Kirauni
October 4th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Great idea!

I've added a link to our navigation :)

Guntur
October 6th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I would like to give you a suggestion if you're okay with it Kirauni. I'm thinking about naming the link as Lea's Deviantart or Deviant Art instead of Lea on Deviantart.

Well it's one of the suggestion anyway. ;)

Kirauni
October 6th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, Guntur. However, I wanted the button to go along with out "Lea on Facebook" one. So I renamed it "Lea on Deviantart" now. I think that fits quite well.

Guntur
October 7th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Nice, Yeah it's fit in quite well, or people might ask "What is DA?" :lol:

Great that you changed it. ;) Great job there Kirauni. :)

Aurelian
October 8th, 2014, 05:53 PM
I have no drawing talent, unfortunately. I am a writer. And it's been awhile since I have even done that. I actually have a DeviantArt account I use solely for browsing, though.

Kailash
November 18th, 2016, 06:31 AM
awesome...

SchrodingersMeerkat
February 4th, 2018, 03:26 PM
https://schrodingersmeerkat.deviantart.com

I'd join if there was one.