PDA

View Full Version : New Elton John album

Vidan
December 3rd, 2004, 12:15 PM
I recently bought the new Elton John album, Peachtree Road.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00061X95Q/102-6373785-9566511

I'd have to say my favorite tracks are 'Freaks in Love', 'I Stop And I Breathe', 'Weight of the World,' 'Too Many Tears' and -- I like this title :cheese: (:rawr:?) -- 'They Call Her the Cat'. (I was humming that last one all day.)

That it is mostly medium-tempo ballads detracts somewhat from it being a really good album. It might have benefited from having a few more fast-paced songs.

nathalie
December 3rd, 2004, 12:27 PM
Eltond John YEAH :bleen:

haha

Vidan
December 3rd, 2004, 12:30 PM
Something like that. :p

nathalie
December 3rd, 2004, 12:31 PM
I like his songs from the 90's the best. "Made in England", "I believe in love", "Blessed" ... etc.

EDIT: I did see him on a German show about 2 weeks ago with his new single. Liked that one too.

Vidan
December 3rd, 2004, 12:43 PM
I should qualify my review by saying it's those midtempo ballads that I enjoy the most (like 'Your Song', 'Rocket Man', or CYFTLT, or 'Circle of Life') even if this album is a bit overstuffed with them. I like those tracks that feature his piano playing, and tend not to like tracks that are overproduced or have too many instruments, unless they employ an orchestra.

Which song is his single? 'Weight of the World'?

nathalie
December 3rd, 2004, 12:45 PM
I don' like Rocket man that much ...

*hmm* good question, can't remember the name from the song he sanged in that show :confused:

All I remember is that they said it was his new single.

Xinithian
December 3rd, 2004, 03:15 PM
Eh, I never really listen to Elton, unless if he's on a soundtrack (he was on the Ghostbusters 2 soundtrack).

King Simba
December 3rd, 2004, 03:48 PM
I've seen it being advertised but I don't really listen to Elton. My mum has some of his albums though.

Lion Roar
December 3rd, 2004, 04:02 PM
Me likes Elton John's songs :cheese:

Lion Roar
December 3rd, 2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
I like Elton John, I wouldn't buy his CD though, I have hardly any time to listen to CDs :hmm: ...

Hmmm. I do have time, but don't have enough money xD

unregistered user
December 3rd, 2004, 09:18 PM
Don't really listen to Ej. =/

nafklt
December 4th, 2004, 01:20 AM
LoL, I just saw that album yesterday at Best Buy. There was also this EJ Las Vegas DVD...:confused: Anyways, my favourite non-TLK EJ songs are "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road", "Candle in the Wind" and "Your Song"...:cool:

HasiraKali
December 4th, 2004, 05:09 AM
I really like the new one too. I love Freaks in Love. I like All That I'm Allowed too. That seems to be the one I keep getting stuck in my head anyway. :p I do agree it could have used more upbeat songs. Though the ballad types are always my favorites. :)

Mabatu
December 7th, 2004, 11:03 AM
I wasn't aware he had a new album, i can't really say i've heard that many Elton John songs apart from his really well known ones. I suspect that the song samples at Amazon don't really do the songs justice either :hmm:

Maybe i can find some MP3s somewhere, for evaluation purposes of course ;)

nathalie
December 7th, 2004, 11:10 AM
I prefer his voice from these days now though.

Especially those old songs, which are from back in the 70's - 80's, if he sings them now, with the voice he has got now, I like them a lot more.

HasiraKali
December 8th, 2004, 12:12 AM
It is kinda cool how much his voice has matured over the years. But I agree, I prefer his voice now to when he first started. But I still LOVE the original Your Song=D

unregistered user
December 10th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Awesome. ^^ ;)

Hanshilo
December 19th, 2004, 04:23 PM
He is cool i have his greatest hits cd got in morrisons 9.98 not cheap.
I think he is good because i don't mock him like most kiuds in my school do just cause he wore fancy feathers but that was because he was shy.
i liked his version of the (Ijcwtbk) i just can't wait to be king:cheese:

nafklt
July 4th, 2005, 03:09 AM
How could I forget, "That's Why they call it the Blues" That's an awesome song!:cool:

I remember I saw Elton John: Greatest Hits at Costco some time ago.

I think the Diana version of "Candle in the wind" was better than the original. Does anyone know who Norma Jean is?:confused:

Shatara
July 4th, 2005, 03:28 AM
Wow, Necro'd o.O

Aurelian
July 4th, 2005, 03:30 AM
Norma Jean is a reference to Maralyn Monroe. It was a character she played way back when.

I have one of his greatest hits CDs. I realy like "Philidelphia Freedom", "That's Why They Call It The Blues", "I'm Still Standing", "Sad Songs", and the classic "Don't Let the Sun go Down on me". Although it's not on my album, I also like :Tine Dancer".

HasiraKali
July 4th, 2005, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Roquivo
Norma Jean is a reference to Maralyn Monroe. It was a character she played way back when.

I have one of his greatest hits CDs. I realy like "Philidelphia Freedom", "That's Why They Call It The Blues", "I'm Still Standing", "Sad Songs", and the classic "Don't Let the Sun go Down on me". Although it's not on my album, I also like :Tine Dancer".

Norma Jean is Marilyn Monroe's real name. :)
I love Tiny Dancer as well. :D Good one.

Aurelian
July 4th, 2005, 03:34 AM
Hey, I was close for an actress I know absoulutly nothing about!:evilgrin:

HasiraKali
July 4th, 2005, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Roquivo
Hey, I was close for an actress I know absoulutly nothing about!:evilgrin:

Yes you were. :)

Where did you get the pic of the wolf in your siggy banner btw?

Hanshilo
July 4th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Well i want this cd but i have just spent on one CD, and that is the new Gorrillaz album:cheese: but cause i am saving up for a laptop I am not spending anymore, but when i get more money i will get that CD:browlift: :D because i want it!!!!!!!!! xD

Fear The Paw
July 4th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Cool I always like new music to listen too

Aurelian
July 5th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by HasiraKali
Yes you were. :)

Where did you get the pic of the wolf in your siggy banner btw?

I honestly don't remember. I have it saved on my computer, but don't remember where it came from. The writing is a passage from one of my stories, though.