PDA

View Full Version : Restart progress for those who are interested.

Sadiki
April 16th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I thought of making own thread to show the progress I'm making. Not sure yet how long will it take to get the site up and running once we get the server and all as I might have to do everything I done again, But at least I know what I'm doing when the time comes.
Thanks to KS: Here are most of the smilies from old site: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/?action=view¤t=smilies.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/?action=view%C2%A4t=smilies.jpg)
Here the picture you probably already seen as I haven't done many changes on front page right now. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/?action=view¤t=Lea111AM04-15-2011.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/?action=view%C2%A4t=Lea111AM04-15-2011.jpg)
Also here is buttons I found from my Photobucket so I think I can recover them. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/?action=view&current=forumicons.jpg
Color sceme for NIght sky blue... haha I know you who have been bugging me about it... I'll get it done... :P http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/?action=view&current=Nightsky_blue.jpg

Same for the Jungle green. It will probably be back as well if anyone wants it. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/?action=view&current=HakunaMatata.jpg
I will be adding more once I get more done. And I do know there is some flaws around as I still haven't figure out where to change all the colors on the board but I'll get to it. Either before the relunch or once it already running as I think people are more egar to get back on Lea than getting all the advanced stuff back online... still... working on it!

*Originally posted by Simba The Mighty on Feral's Lea Halalela Forum Temporary Site on April 16, 2011 at 3:00 PM*

Sadiki
April 17th, 2011, 02:01 PM
UPDATE:

NIght Sky blue theme installed http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/?action=view&current=Nightskytheme.jpg
Still experiencing some problems which most will be on Lea when we restart, but once actually having licensed version of Vbulletin. I'm sure we can get those few bugs fixed.

*Originally posted by Simba The Mighty on Feral's Lea Halalela Forum Temporary Site on April 17, 2011 at 2:01 PM*

Sadiki
April 17th, 2011, 02:59 PM
UPDATE:
I got hold of Fuzzy ( SimbaLKD aka Brad ) and he has dedicated server running and reserved us Leahalalela.org so now I just need finances from people that agreed on buing Vbulletin and we should have Lea running.

*Originally posted by Simba The Mighty on Feral's Lea Halalela Forum Temporary Site on April 17, 2011 at 2:59 PM*

Sombolia
April 18th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Yay! You're a legend, STM. Same for Fuzzy for providing the server & domain. Can't wait till it's up and running.

*Originally posted by Sombolia on Feral's Lea Halalela Forum Temporary Site on April 18, 2011 at 1:21 AM*

Azerane
April 18th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Looking good STM. Once I remember my paypal password I'll have some funds over to you

*Originally posted by Azerane on Feral's Lea Halalela Forum Temporary Site on April 18, 2011 at 8:52 AM*

Sadiki
April 19th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Thanks for everyone having some faith in me... But I can't make everything work as it used to be as I'm really just a rookie with Vbulletin. But we will see.

UPDATE:

If I have enough time tomorrow I will try to check up on purchesing and installing Vbulletin on the domain we have which will be Leahalalela.org. We will have unlimited bandwidth and unlimited space so that wont be an issue. I also have been able to fix a few more errors on Lea but the colors on certain parts of Lea are not as they should be as I haven't been able to pinpoint what effects on those spots, but mostly it's workinging like it used to. Also all the smilies are working on all the sides now even thought some of the commands linked to the smilies are not the correct ones but I will look into it once the lea is running. Also I am planning on starting to make a back up of lea at least once a month so we wont lose too much in case something happens to the server we are on at the moment, even thought it shouldn't happen. And as we will have legal Vbulletin in our hands we are allowed to have one running forum online, so if this one once again goes bust, we can just move to next one. Might have to buy the domain back but after that it wont take long to get it back even in that incedence.

I bet I am just as excited as everyone else here to get the Lea back on after it being down for over a week and and sorry about it taking so long. When Lea went down, I knew nothing about php or Vbulletin or any other stuff that has anything to do with forums. So getting proper information is the reason why everything takes so long but we will get it done, I'm sure. It has taken me around 60-80h working on the site as I still don't really understand it totally but I'm sure it's all worth it. ;)

Now thought, I must go to bed... I been on computer for 15h today and mostly working on Lea... will it been in vein... I'll figure out soon enough once we get it running. :D

*Originally posted by Simba The Mighty on Feral's Lea Halalela Forum Temporary Site on April 19, 2011 at 3:38 AM*

King Simba
April 19th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Just to let you know, this morning Leor and I sent you the payment for the new Lea. ;) Hope it gets all up and running soon. :)

*Originally posted by Simba The Mighty on Feral's Lea Halalela Forum Temporary Site on April 19, 2011 at 12:03 PM*

Kihari
April 19th, 2011, 01:20 PM
The screencaps in the OP sure look like Lea to me. Great work STM.

*Originally posted by Kihari on Feral's Lea Halalela Forum Temporary Site on April 19, 2011 at 1:20 PM*

lionloversam
April 19th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Who do I send money to to help with this? What is the address for pay pal to send it to?

*Originally posted by lionloversam on Feral's Lea Halalela Forum Temporary Site on April 19, 2011 at 5:10 PM*

Sadiki
April 19th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I did purcheas Vbulletin license today. Haven't had chance to do anything with it yet thought as I been busy all day with other stuff. I will probably start working on it shortly.

What comes to additional funds. Those are not needed but if you really want to lower the payment of last 4 people haven't made. You can make payment on Audra's account to Birdygirl85@hotmail.com. your share would be $17.20 and you would have to take care of the fees. This thought is not necessery as I have said earlier. Just let me know if you do want to do that as we can always refund the extra people have paid already once we have recived everything. For other donations, we wont really need any as Fuzzy said he is not going to charge us anything. If someone wants to donate money to me for working on this... well I wont say no. BUT I don't really want to ask for it as I don't see it being right really :D

*Originally posted by Simba The Mighty on Feral's Lea Halalela Forum Temporary Site on April 19, 2011 at 7:33 PM*

Sadiki
April 20th, 2011, 04:42 AM
UPDATE:

Ok I got good news and bad news.
I'll give the good news first. I finally got Vbulletin installed. So Lea is back online. But that's where the good news end. Bad news is that I can't seem to be able to back up what I made in past week or so, so I must manually enter everything back on this program. Luckily I will have to only copy everything on right places. I might continue for a little while longer but as it's 1:40AM right now and I'm rather tired already, I wont most likely finish the site tonight and I wont be turning Lea back on until I get it done. I don't do it to be mean, but because once people get to post there it's a lot harder to close it down without disappointing anyone. So yeah...It will be probably around 18-24h before Lea is back on. I appologize it taking so long, but I think I better just start doing it manually instead of trying to figure out how to back the place up as I already spent 1.5h on that.
I let everyone know once it's done. Until then I wont be taking time off on making another update. The most important thing should be thought that the place will be back and running in a day or so.

*Originally posted by Simba The Mighty on Feral's Lea Halalela Forum Temporary Site on April 20, 2011 at 4:42 AM*

KanuTGL
April 20th, 2011, 04:17 PM
That's fantastic! :D I don't mind one bit of it's gonna take an extra day or two before the forum is properly up and running to the public, the fact that it will be back online soon is well enough good news for me ^^

STM, Fuzzy, all the people whoto helped pay for it... You are awesome :D

*Originally posted by KanuTGL on Feral's Lea Halalela Forum Temporary Site on April 20, 2011 at 4:17 PM*

lionloversam
April 20th, 2011, 06:02 PM
STM, I sent the money. I am glad I was able to help. I was not sure how to send it through. I sent it through as a 'gift'. I hope the total amount was enough to cover fees as well. It should be $18.25. Let me know if it came through alright.

*Originally posted by lionloversam on Feral's Lea Halalela Forum Temporary Site on April 20, 2011 at 6:02 PM*