PDA

View Full Version : TLK 20th Anniversary theme live, new default

Vidan
September 5th, 2014, 02:18 AM
This may not be news to those who log in here regularly, but the new Lion King 20th anniversary theme (style) is live and is now set as the default theme. You can select it by using the drop-down menu at the bottom-left side of every page to select "TLK 20th Anniversary". (To more-permanently change your theme to this one or something else, see below.)

The theme's header image is a collaboration between various artists who are members of this forum in conjunction with a TLK 20th anniversary wallpaper project led by KanuTGL. (For more information, see: http://leahalalela.net/showthread.php?5678-TLK-20th-Anniversary-Collab )

My thanks go to Kanu for making the header image and all the artists who contributed artwork for it.

---

Some technical notes (not necessary to read unless you want more information):

Effects of the default theme having changed

(1) Those who are browsing the site anonymously (that is, those who are unregistered or are not logged in) and those who have never selected a theme different from the old Lea default (the red one) will see the 20th anniversary theme by default.

(2) If you have, in the past, changed your theme on your current computer/browser combination there should be a cookie stored locally that saves your settings. Clearing cookies in your browser will cause your browser to load this theme by default, not the old default (red).

In either case, be assured that this was an intentional change, not a bug, error, or hack.

How to permanently change your preferred theme (or 'Cookies, Drop-Downs, Settings Menu, and You')

This information is applicable to those who want to enforce a particular theme across all browsers and devices, whether it be this one or any other. (Zazu won't be offended if you pick something else. :zazuinnocent:)

Again, you can select the new theme by using the drop-down menu at the bottom-left side of every page to select "TLK 20th Anniversary", but this will affect only your current browser on the device you're currently using.

There is another option, under Settings --> My Account --> General Settings --> Miscellaneous Options, called "Forum Skin" in which you can select your preferred theme. This affects which theme will load when you log in from any browser on any device (assuming your device doesn't route you to the mobile style), and changes the cookie on your current browser only.

Note that if you change your theme by way of the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page on a particular browser/device combination, the cookie stored will override your choice in the settings menu.

Clearing the cookies for leahalalela.net on a particular browser will change your theme to the one selected in the Settings menu.

If you adjust the Forum Skin under Settings but then select another theme from the drop-down menu, your browser may occasionally and somewhat-randomly revert to the theme selected in Settings.

To sum things up, Zazu says:

:zazutiming:
To permanently change your theme on all browsers you use, follow these steps:

(1) In your (most-used, or perhaps only) browser, make sure you are signed in to Lea Halalela, then change your preferred Forum Skin under the Settings menu as described above.

(2) On all other browsers/devices that you may use to access this site, clear the cookies for leahalalela.net (recommended), or, make sure you are signed in to Lea Halalela, then simply use the drop-down menu (also perfectly fine).

The site will now show one theme consistently across all browsers and devices you use if you are signed in.

Issues/Feedback

If you notice anything wrong the new theme (both visually and behavior-wise) please let us know.

Note that some of the icons still need to be updated from the old Lea default theme to match the new icons on both this and the Lion Guard theme, but both themes are otherwise quite useable.

Aurelian
September 5th, 2014, 02:53 AM
Wow, caught me off guard since I had the red theme not a half hour ago. I really like it, though. A very light happy theme.

Vidan
September 7th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. :zazupleased:

Simbaspirit
September 7th, 2014, 11:29 PM
guys this looks SO GOOD!!!! One of my favourite parts of this forum is watching everyone's art evolve and now you all draw screenshot worthy characters.

ThiagoPE
September 9th, 2014, 09:26 PM
I really enjoyed this new theme, and of course, i would like to register my congratulations to all the artists involved in the creation of this theme, you really done a good joo.

Azerane
September 10th, 2014, 06:45 AM
I love the Anniversary theme, I think it's great, there are two things that bug me though, firstly, in the top left corner of the page, that pale red lion cub for navigating home... the colour clash is just... yuck, at least in my opinion :p I realise the same colour is used for pawprints of unread threads, but for me that's ok because it doesn't look so bad on the lighter colour. I'm almost inclined to want all the pawprints a different colour though (maybe greens?), rather than just pinched colours from the old default theme. Having said that, I do like the button and link text in red. That's my personal take anyway :P

Also, the reply button seems odd that you can't see the design until you hover over it, but that's not as big of a problem as that colour clash is to me.

Vidan
September 10th, 2014, 03:48 PM
I definitely agree with you on the icon issues. Those are actually remnants of the default Lea Halalela theme. Many icons in this theme and the Lion Guard theme are new, but the two you mentioned have yet to be updated. The "reply" one in particular looks wonky because it's the same reply icon from the individual post footer, but stretched by the code. Actually, I had all the updated icons ready to upload on a flash drive so I could complete the set, but when I moved stuff around in my room the drive was misplaced. So I'm hoping I'll find it soon, or else I'll need to redo then upload the icons that need to be replaced when I have a good block of free time.

Azerane
September 10th, 2014, 08:29 PM
^Fair enough, I wasn't sure if it was a work in progress or not.

Vidan
October 11th, 2014, 03:56 AM
- Updated some forum list icons that still reflected the original Lea Halalela theme.
- Fixed Multi-Quote icon such that the checkmark is now visible.
- Removed extraneous "Edit Profile" icon from View Profile pages. (memberinfo_block_friends_mini)
- Eliminated problematic "Reply" and "Post new thread" images. These have been replaced by text (SHOWTHREAD, FORUMDISPLAY)

It may be necessary to clear images for leahalalela.net from you browser's cache to see the new icons; however, not clearing the cache will not affect site functionality.

nathalie
October 11th, 2014, 05:48 AM
I'm gonna be the party pooper here, lol, and I'm not really liking it, it just doesn't appeal to me. None the less, great job for getting it all done ;)

Vidan
October 11th, 2014, 09:24 PM
That's okay. You should feel free to use whichever theme makes you feel "right at home."

Shadow
October 13th, 2014, 04:40 PM
I like it ^^

Lweek
December 20th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Looks absolutely great! I like it :o