PDA

View Full Version : Customizing Profile Colors

Dare
August 18th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Heyo!

First off, I apologize if this has already been asked...actually, it's entirely possible that I'm the person who already asked...or maybe I'm just an idiot and overlooking the feature.
I ran a cursory search and didn't find anything conclusive.

At any rate, when customizing my profile colors, I seem to be unable to figure out how to edit the colors in the spaces below...
(check out the screenie with AWESOME TOXIC GREEN ARROW ACTION! BOOYAH!)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/Dare2Doubt/LeaHalalela/profile-color_zpsf078921d.gif

As you can see, I changed all the other things to white, but the colors in those spaces are unchanged.
I'm not even sure if changing them is possible?
If so, how do I go about doing it?
:\

Once again, if this has already been asked and answered, I apologize.

Kirauni
August 18th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Hey Dare!

Don't worry. I think has nobody asked this before. I didn't even know we had the option of customizing one's profile here.

But I just checked and yupp: There it is.
:zazublush:

As for me, I've never used this function. Turned it off at my boards because we didn't need it... :scartsk:

However, that doesn't answer your question and this is defiantely not the time nor the place to discuss the function. That's why I went right away into my profile and tried customizing it myself. It seems that it works for certain parts of the profile, like "Visitor's messages", "About me" and "Friends". However, when it comes to the activity part, the default colors are used instead of the custom ones. Just like you suspected.

Now I suppose that this issue has something to do with a vB update. I think somewhere around 4.1.x the feature "Activity stream" had been added and it looks like that is the part where your custom colors are overwritten, but right now I can't say anything for sure.

I just wanted to check the vB support forum and find out what they know about this. However they seem to have some technical issues and so far I didn't get a reply. I'll try again later and post here, if I find out anything :)

I'm sorry for this inconvenience and thanks for pointing that out!

Dare
August 18th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Ah, good to know that I'm not going senile/blind, hehe.

Yeah, I've never really used the customized profile option much myself - was just fiddling around with it to kill some time and happened to notice it.
Thanks for looking into it.
:)

Vidan
August 21st, 2014, 11:54 PM
As you can see, I changed all the other things to white, but the colors in those spaces are unchanged.
I'm not even sure if changing them is possible?
If so, how do I go about doing it?

I've noticed the same behavior. Actually, if you've changed all the color fields, all of the changes should be visible on your profile page by simply reloading the page. It worked for me, at least, and on several browsers.

If that doesn't work, try loading another page then navigating back to your profile.

(My guess is that reloading forces your browser to use a new CSS file that contains the new colors you've selected, but it's hard to say for sure without digging through a bunch of template files to look at the code.)

Dare
August 22nd, 2014, 12:02 AM
I've noticed the same behavior. Actually, if you've changed all the color fields, all of the changes should be visible on your profile page by simply reloading the page. It worked for me, at least, and on several browsers.

If that doesn't work, try loading another page then reloading your profile.

(My guess is that reloading forces your browser to use a new CSS file that containing the new colors you've selected, but it's hard to say for sure without digging through a bunch of template files to look at the code.)

Aha yes, reloading the page did the trick! Duh, why didn't I think of that? *smacks her forehead*
Ah well, mystery solved. Thank ye!
:D