PDA

View Full Version : Hi, there!

ChiaraMarilera
August 8th, 2014, 07:29 PM
I bet some of you are members of the Savannah, right? So, some of you might know me.

For those who have no idea who I am.

My name is Chiara (well, my real name is Chiara, my fursona's name is ChiaraMarilera), I am seventeen years old and I live in Lower Saxony.

I love all old and some new Disney movies, but my favourite has always been TLK! My favourite characters are Sarabi, Sarafina, Vitani and Pumbaa :) I also love Mufasa and Rafiki and Kovu. And, well, actually all characters. I also love all songs, but my favourite has always been Can You Feel The Love Tonight. I only like the first two movies, I can't stand "1 1/2".

My other interests include art, literature, musicals, theater, history and astronomy. And lots of other things ;D My hobbies are reading (I am a horrible bookworm!), writing (I am studying Literary Writing), drawing, making graphics, listening to music and singing.

I idolize James A. Owen, even though I guess noone knows who he is ;D (he's a writer and illustrator and totally awesome!)

I am a blonde, so every single moment for me is a blonde moment.

ChiaraMarilera might be a carnivore, but Chiara (who is me) is a horrible, annoying VEGAN.

I like wine. And dark chocolate. I am very girly and very tomboyish and very blonde-ish and very geeky at once.

If you want to know more - feel free to ask!

ThiagoPE
August 8th, 2014, 08:35 PM
be welcome

Guntur
August 8th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Welcome to the forum, as you might know soon I'm a weird person and a guy who have a loose wire on the head. :lol:

anyway, Welcome again, hope you stay long in our humble community.

ChiaraMarilera
August 8th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Thank you both :)

Azerane
August 8th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Hello there, and welcome to the forum. Thanks for a fantastic introduction, I hope you enjoy your time here :)

Leorgathar
August 9th, 2014, 03:23 AM
Welcome welcome :cheese: feel free to look around ^^

King Simba
August 9th, 2014, 06:24 AM
Welcome to Lea! It's great to have you here. :)

Vidan
August 9th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Welcome to Lea. :zazusmile: I hope you enjoy your stay here. :zazurockon:

Kirauni
August 9th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Hey there!
Such a nice surprise to see you here, Chiara!
I'm afraid there are not that many members of The Savannah (pride-lands.org) over here. Only s-tlk and I, as I remember.
Leopatra used to come here, but that was before Lea had a few.... database problems.
You know, there used to be many English-speaking members around over there (and in the Furry Forum), but unfortunately, those times are over.
But I'm glad Lea is finally back up and running. It's really a great place to be and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

And as always, if you have any questions, please feel free to write either me or another team member. We'd be glad to help :zazulove:

Oh and just between us, I didn't know you studied literature and writing. That's awesome! Good luck and a lot of creativity on that :cheese:

ChiaraMarilera
August 9th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Thank you all:) I'm sure I will enjoy being here.

@Kirauni: I have noticed the inactivity of the English Savannah in the last few years. But I don't understand the reason. Are all of the former members inactive now?

Kirauni
August 9th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Well, like on many other boards, the former english-speaking members from pride-lands.org and the furryforum seem to have moved on.
Some went over to certain social networks as far as I know. But since I don't use twitter or facebook, I don't know for sure.
Of course some old members occasionally drop in, but it's not like it used to be.
Some members also moved on with their lives and are not interested in TLK anymore, that also added to it. :emo:
But hey, that's life. And if pride-lands.org stands for one thing, it's that you can always return and revive some of the good old memories.
And I'm working very so that people can also return to Lea and relive some happy moments. (Right, Guntur? ;))

Maybe I'll just drop a link to Lea Halalela on the main site, so the old members know where to find a nice, frequently-visited English-speaking TLK board.
Perhaps one day we'll have an active English-section again, but until then I'm glad Lea is back. :)

So yes, have fun looking around. We've got plenty of forum games, too. I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

ChiaraMarilera
August 9th, 2014, 03:39 PM
That's pretty sad :/ Even the German Savannah isn't as active as it used to be. But I think a link to Lea would be great!

Is there any TLK discussion board? I could only find a TLK fan art board...

Guntur
August 9th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Are all of the former members inactive now?

Maybe we should invite all former members from there to here for the funzies. ;)

Kirauni
August 9th, 2014, 03:48 PM
That's pretty sad :/ Even the German Savannah isn't as active as it used to be. But I think a link to Lea would be great!

Is there any TLK discussion board? I could only find a TLK fan art board...

You mean here? Yes, it's called "Everything the Light Touches".

Guntur, I already tried it. But I didn't reach that many of them.

ChiaraMarilera
August 9th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Thank you, Kirauni. I totally missed that one. o.O

HasiraKali
August 11th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Howdy! :D Welcome to Lea!

ChiaraMarilera
August 11th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Thank you :D

Dare
August 11th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Salutations :)

ChiaraMarilera
August 12th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Hi! :D

Sharifu
August 12th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Welcome to Lea. It's always interesting to read a little back story about our members. Hope you enjoy it here. I sure have, I have been a member of Lea for almost 11 years now... :lol:

ChiaraMarilera
August 12th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Wow, that's apretty long time! I didn't have any internet 11 years ago ;D

Kossu
August 13th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Though I'm a little late...welcome to Lea Chiara!:D

ChiaraMarilera
August 14th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Thank you :D