PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Animated Series Gargoyles

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 12:57 PM
I am wondering if any LH members are also Gargoyle fans? I know Starlioness is a big Gargoyle fan like me. ;) It's an amazing show, if you have seen it, you know what I am talking about. And if you are a fan of this show, the first season of Gargoyles is coming out to DVD December 7. This can really help bring this wonderful series back. If Disney sees that it sells well, they will release the second season on DVD, and believe me, it only gets better. And if it does really, really well, Disney will bring the show back, if they see that they will make money off it.

Greg Weisman, one of the creators of the show, has said this:

"IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT THE DVD

Gang,

I just talked to the folks at Buena Vista Home Entertainment.

I asked them what was the best date for us to MASS ORDER/PURCHASE the 1st Season Gargoyles Series DVD.

My contact was unequivocal in his response.

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 7th, 2004.

Yep, that's right the day of the release. I guess anything earlier is nice but winds up being too early to be useful. But day and date with the release is exactly what we need.

In the meantime, BV encourages ALL OF YOU to go to Amazon and rave in the comments/reviews section. Leading up to Dec 7, the more good buzz on Amazon's site the better.

(Remember this is the make or break event in the fandom. It's time to prove to Disney once and for all that we have the bodies and the dollars and the fanbase and the communications skills to support more Gargoyles product -- both merchandise and creative. If we can't prove it with this DVD release... well, we're not likely to get another chance.)

So spread the word. SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!!

The DVD is coming out December 7th. And we'd like EVERYBODY to ORDER/PURCHASE it on THAT DAY!!!!!!!!!"

I already went to Amazon and posted my review about the show, and if you are a fan, you should too! Spread the word, we want Disney to see how many people want this show to come back! This DVD set doesn't only come with the first 13 episodes, but also has some bonus features, which are, the Gathering of the Gargoyles, [original documentary filmed at G2004] Original Show Pitch by Greg Weisman, and audio commentary by Greg Weisman, Frank Paur, and Keith David on episodes 1-5.

Click on my banner for a site that has info about this new DVD. (I am spreading the word any way I can) :p I just wanted to let you guys know, in case you are Gargoyle fans too, or just liked the show. And if you have never seen this show, I recommend it. And the first season DVD is a great place to start... ;)

lion_roog
October 11th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Well, I think you already know that I haven't seen the show...;) ...but it sounds cool from your discription...:D

nathalie
October 11th, 2004, 01:06 PM
I know the series, saw it once or twice.

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by lion_roog
Well, I think you already know that I haven't seen the show...;) ...but it sounds cool from your discription...:D

:lol: Well I haven't really given you a description about the show. ;)

Here, looks at Amazon's reviews by customers and see what people think about the show themselves... ;)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002W4SY0/qid=1097500040/sr=8-3/ref=pd_csp_3/102-3066111-4112114?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

lion_roog
October 11th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Cool, people are giving it good reviews....I especially liked Birdygirl's review...whoever that is.......:D

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 01:17 PM
:lol: It was so obvious. :haha:

unregistered user
October 11th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Meh, I've seen the show a few times, it's pretty koolsome, I sometimes watch it on Toon Disney. </end statement> XD

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Bah, Toon Disney edits a lot of the episodes. But edited episodes are better then no episodes... At least the DVDs wont be edited. :cheese:

lion_roog
October 11th, 2004, 01:23 PM
:haha:

Maybe I should write a review...even though I haven't seen the show....

"Yo, watch this show, y'all....it's off tha hizzle-fo-shizzle"....that should draw them in like flies....:D

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 01:24 PM
:lol: As long as it's a good one Roog... ;)

lion_roog
October 11th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Good...got it...

...what was it again.....:D

I'm very....uhhhh...what's the word....:D

King Simba
October 11th, 2004, 02:29 PM
I've heard of it but I've never watched it.

unregistered user
October 11th, 2004, 05:16 PM
I watch it when ever its on

Ngatuny
October 11th, 2004, 05:32 PM
:bleen: This is a DVD I will definitely be getting.:evilgrin:

Nephilim
October 11th, 2004, 05:33 PM
I saw it a few times. Pretty cool.

Mamela
October 11th, 2004, 06:06 PM
I REALLY REALLY liked this show and I still do!! it's awesome, and if I have the money I will buy it..I just don't know if I will or not..:(

ShatteringGlass
October 11th, 2004, 06:26 PM
I used to watch it all the time, it's great. I'll defenetly have to order :D

Suki
October 11th, 2004, 06:26 PM
:uhno: Do you think I'm gonna buy it?

Tabansi
October 11th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Im a SERIOUS gargoyle fan.. I cant believe most yall never heard of it. *forgive my ignorance* or watched it atleast.

I've seen the whole series about 5 times over when it was on TV. Now I think they only show it in England.. a year ago I even went to an archive that had all of season one and two scripts... and it went all the way up to a 4th series? i dont know if they still do it in england or not. Cuz they have many branches on the scripts. I've read all the gargoyle series ones but none of the Brooklyn's time travel or King authors branches. If you want I'll find the page again. They are some really WELL WRITTEN scripts yall.

unregistered user
October 11th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Yes please :cheese:

CheshireCat
October 11th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Gargoyles owns all.

HasiraKali
October 11th, 2004, 08:12 PM
I loved Gargoyles! I never get to watch it anymore because it's on at a weird time here and I'm usually asleep when it comes on. I am so going to buy this in December. Seriously I have way too much stuff to spend my money on this year =D

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Tabansi
Im a SERIOUS gargoyle fan.. I cant believe most yall never heard of it. *forgive my ignorance* or watched it atleast.

I've seen the whole series about 5 times over when it was on TV. Now I think they only show it in England.. a year ago I even went to an archive that had all of season one and two scripts... and it went all the way up to a 4th series? i dont know if they still do it in england or not. Cuz they have many branches on the scripts. I've read all the gargoyle series ones but none of the Brooklyn's time travel or King authors branches. If you want I'll find the page again. They are some really WELL WRITTEN scripts yall.

Ooh... Brooklyn's Time Travel, you mean Time Dancer? I would love for that to be made, Brooklyn is my favorite character. :evilgrin: I have all 78 Gargoyles episodes on tape. XD But a lot of the episodes are edited because most of them I got off Toon Disney. Luckly I already had the episode "Deadly Force" on tape, becasue Toon Disney doesn't show that episode anymore. :grrr:

Right now, reruns of Gargoyles are show on Toon Disney, and on Saturday morning on ABC Family. I'm so glad to see other people hear that really love the show.

Oh, and since this is a TLK fourm, there is a scene in Gargoyles where Hudson is flipping throught TV channels and TLK is on one of the channels... :p Let me see if I can find a screen shot.

Really though guys, if you like the show and would like it to come back, write a review on Amazon.

Sharifu
October 12th, 2004, 04:06 AM
Wow, look at this fan made commerical for the DVD release.
http://www.sirens-grotto.com/gargoyles.wmv

Ah, it just reminds me how great this show was. XD

starlioness
October 12th, 2004, 08:12 AM
:haha:

Maybe I should write a review...even though I haven't seen the show....

"Yo, watch this show, y'all....it's off tha hizzle-fo-shizzle"....that should draw them in like flies....:D

hehe I like it :ayecapn:

are you calling me big Sharifu?:scream: :nukasm:

I'll throw in my cat Squirt if you guys buy it on Dec 7th .. with a can of black paint to look like Cagney (since Squirt's a Tabby) ;)

Sharifu
October 12th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by starlioness
are you calling me big Sharifu?:scream: :nukasm:

I'll throw in my cat Squirt if you guys buy it on Dec 7th .. with a can of black paint to look like Cagney (since Squirt's a Tabby) ;)

No of course not!! XD Ok, you are a loyal Gargoyle fan like me. ;)

:lol: Throw in your cat? I remember one time a fan was saying that there should of been an episode about Cagney. If any of you haven't seen the show, this one women (yes she's a human) ;) who is one of the main characters, owns a black kitty named Cagney. Wouldn't thet be cute if there was an episode about Cagney... ;)

lion_roog
October 12th, 2004, 08:33 AM
hehe I like it :ayecapn:

Most three year olds do.......:D

Sharifu
October 12th, 2004, 08:37 AM
:lol: She means her character, Starlioness, is three years old... ;)

starlioness
October 12th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Most three year olds do.......:D

I wanna Bronx plushie! *begs* :grrr: ..

Sharifu
October 12th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Maybe we can make one... ;)

starlioness
October 12th, 2004, 09:42 AM
sure.. we'll take some Blue Fuzz, Fake Fangs, cut out white pieces of paper for the eyes.. and use a bulldog toy for the model..

anyone know how to customize?:p:hakuna: :cheese:

lion_roog
October 12th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu
:lol: She means her character, Starlioness, is three years old... ;)

I see, said the blind man who couldn't speak or hear.....:D

I wanna Bronx plushie! *begs*:grrr:

:haha: Now, you either beg me for something I can give ya......or go beg some rich guy......:D

Sharifu
October 12th, 2004, 10:02 AM
sure.. we'll take some Blue Fuzz

You know I don't think Gargoyle Beasts actually have fur... :lol:

lion_roog
October 12th, 2004, 10:04 AM
You know I don't think Gargoyle Beasts actually have fur... :lol:

Snake Skin......:D

Sharifu
October 12th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Eww, no. :lol: Maybe they do have fur? Gargoyles have hair like we do. (Well not all of them) So maybe some of them have fur? It doesn't look like Bronx has fur, or any of the other Gargoyle Beasts that showed up in the show.

lion_roog
October 12th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Hmmm...you have a point....maybe lizard skin, then......:D

Sharifu
October 12th, 2004, 10:13 AM
They don't have scales. XD I believe they have skin like we do, but their skin is a lot thicker then human skin.

Roog, did you watch that fan made commerical I posted? It would give you some idea about the show... :p

lion_roog
October 12th, 2004, 10:19 AM
They don't have scales. XD I believe they have skin like we do, but their skin is a lot thicker then human skin.

Roog, did you watch that fan made commerical I posted? It would give you some idea about the show... :p

I don't watch anything with movement on the internet...it takes forever to load and I usually don't have the right player....:alone:

Sharifu
October 12th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Suki
:uhno: Do you think I'm gonna buy it?

What is that supposed to mean...? XD

lion_roog
October 12th, 2004, 11:08 AM
What is that supposed to mean...? XD

:lol: I was wondering if you were going to reply to that.....:D

starlioness
October 12th, 2004, 11:10 AM
maybe Suki will buy it?;):p..

aww.. but I want a fuzzy Bronx(or Gargoyle Beast) . and I'll call it fuzzy! .. a cat gargoyle-beast would be cool. maybe a TLK/Gargoyle crossover...:ayecapn: :knowdees:

lion_roog
October 12th, 2004, 11:13 AM

aww.. but I want a fuzzy Bronx(or Gargoyle Beast) . and I'll call it fuzzy! .. a cat gargoyle-beast would be cool. maybe a TLK/Gargoyle crossover...:ayecapn: :knowdees:

A lion Gargoyle.....:D

Sharifu
October 12th, 2004, 11:29 AM

A TLK/Gargoyle crossover huh? Maybe I'll try drawing that... ;) I really do want to draw Gargoyle characters, but I was never really good at drawing humans, (And I mean these Gargoyles have the figure of a human) but with practice I could probably do it...

lion_roog
October 12th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Do it....I believe in you.:browlift:

Tabansi
October 12th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Leo from the gargoyle series was the only Lion-Gargoyle XD! Then there was Claw the Tiger-gargoyle and Maggie the Cat-gargoyle. Hmmm I'm looking for the site now and I cant find it.. But it was the BEST site for Gargoyle fans and Im gonna keep looking.

ChildOfThePride
October 12th, 2004, 09:25 PM
I can't wait...

Sharifu
October 12th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Claw and Maggie were not gargoyles, they were mutates. But they were based off big cats when Dr. Sarvius (sp?) made them. They were cool though... I like Derek/Talon. Hehe.

Tabansi
October 13th, 2004, 01:27 AM
Oh ya ofcourse. *pfft!* dunno what i was thinking. I liked em all. Brooklyn and Lexington were my favorite. And the clones were scary o_o. Of the original gargoyles heh.

Sharifu
October 13th, 2004, 05:50 AM
Brooklyn is my favorite. ;)
But really I like them all, they all had different personalities that really added to the show.

Sharifu
October 14th, 2004, 12:24 AM
You know what I think is really weird? It seems like Disney doesn't like to advertise that they made this series. I have an old VHS tape with the first 5 episodes on it, and it doesn't have the Walt Disney signature on it. It did say, "By Disney Animators" on the bottom of the cover. But for other Gargoyle products it doesn't advertise with the Disney sign on it much. The new cover for the DVD doesn't say "Disney DVD" on it either. That might not be the final cover, but it seems like Disney doesn't like to advertise this show much. I hope Disney makes an official site for the new DVD, so far, all they have is this: http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/moviefinder/products/3771003.html

Tabansi
October 14th, 2004, 02:30 AM
I noticed that a lot.. And at first I had no clue that Disney had made it. It did so well too. Im confuzzled by that also, around a few years ago when I was still watching it before they took toon disney off my cable company I would see certain commercials for gargoyles though on different channels.. yet nothing about it related to Disney. *shrugs* I dont know why Disney ignores it.. as it seems, because who ever writes the stories keep the storyline strong and never change it up. Its very solid and it at the beginning of every other episode they would show previews of other shows letting you understand "Oh so thats whats happening now." *shrugs* I just always thought the story line was strong.

Sharifu
October 14th, 2004, 02:36 AM
I agree Tabansi. I guess Disney doesn't like advertising they did it, because it is so different from their other TV Shows. Dark and serious. Really though I have no idea.

starlioness
October 14th, 2004, 02:55 AM
I didn't know it was from Disney either.. but then again, Disney's Gargoyles sounds kinda cheesy..:uhno: ... and I'm sure the Gargoyles from Hunchback of Notre dame didn't help either.. I remeber there was a comic about this in Disney adventures awhile ago.. though I don't remember what happened in it..

Sharifu
October 14th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Hmm, yeah I guess Disney's Gargoyles sounds cheesy, I mean in 1994, when this show first came on, all Disney TV Shows before that were rather cartoony. But I really don't think that's why Disney did that... Hmm, I dunno. And The Hunchback of Notre Dame didn't come out till 1996, and by that time, the first two seasons of Gargoyles were practically over. The gargoyles in that movie bugged me, they were annoying and cartoony. I do remember someone saying about Gargoyles being in the Disney Adventures Magazine back in 1994, but I never saw it though.

Sadiki
October 14th, 2004, 10:06 AM
I haven't seen that show like ages... last time like 7 years ago.. and only like single episode or so. but it was nice, but not one of my favorite.. but I don't judge by one episode ;)

Sharifu
October 14th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Yes, it's rather hard to judge from one episode. This is a show where you can't just watch one episode, most of the episodes go together.

Tabansi
October 14th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Yeah they all continue off of like a more basic episode and they go deeper into it.

Shawchert
October 14th, 2004, 11:08 PM
i am gonna get the dvd's when they come out in december!!!!

unregistered user
October 15th, 2004, 05:59 AM
I think early 90's Disney toons are the best. Chip & Dales Rescue Rangers RULEZ! XD The ones that they got now are not as good. (there's only a few that's decent :E)

Amaryllis
October 15th, 2004, 08:28 PM
I love that serie ^^
too bad it's not in netherland anymore...

starlioness
October 16th, 2004, 06:54 AM
just reviewed on Amazon.com. please read and critique please :ayecapn:

Sharifu
October 16th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Yay! I read your review, I thought it was funny how you said hi to me in your review. :cheese: So cool, every good review helps! =D

starlioness
October 24th, 2004, 04:21 PM
eee! Gargoyles turns 10 today! happy birthday Gargoyles! :cheese: :evilgrin: :cool:

Sharifu
October 24th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Oh really?! I knew the series came out in October of 94, but I didn't know what day... Cool! Happy 10 Anniversary to Gargoyles. :evilgrin:

Sharifu
December 7th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Hey guys!!! Gargoyles is on DVD today!!! If you wanted to get it, I wanted to remind you guys. ;) Look what Greg Weisman said:

"TOMORROW OR NEVER
Well, guys, tomorrow -- December 7th, 2004 -- is the big day. The GARGOYLES first season comes out on DVD.

I know I'm preaching to the converted, but I can't emphasize enough how important it is to the fandom that this DVD sells well.

Good sales on the first day, particularly a nice Amazon turnout, are important, but what's more important are PHENOMENAL SALES over the next month or two.

If you can't get it at Amazon, get it somewhere else.

If you can't get it tomorrow, get it soon.

But get it. And more than that get everyone you know to get it.

Get strangers to get it.

Yes, I know we're all a bit disappointed in the way Disney has somewhat failed to support the DVD with advertising. But as I've always maintained... the burden is on the fans. They need to prove to Disney that Disney needs to spend money to make money on Gargoyles.

They need to prove to Disney that the fandom is rabid and large and ready to support the property with actual dollars and cents.

A very small part of me feels bad about asking you to spend money. But keep in mind if this DVD doesn't do EXTREMELY well, it will be very difficult to convince Disney to support the property in other ways -- including a second season on DVD, let alone new and original material set in the Gargoyles Universe.

By the way, we did get a nice write-up here:

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/index1.htm

Check it out.

But mostly, take advantage of this opportunity to demonstrate your love for the show. Again this is NOT just about money. This is about SPREADING THE WORD WITH RELIGIOUS FERVOR!!!

Good luck to us all. "

Ragoom
December 7th, 2004, 04:09 PM
"Yo, watch this show, y'all....it's off tha hizzle-fo-shizzle"....that should draw them in like flies....

...urge to suddenly but the DVD ...overpowering... :p

I used to watch it on the disney channel when I was ill from skool, it was pretty good :cheese:

LionKingxx
December 8th, 2004, 01:48 AM
Thank you so much for taking your time 2 do that

Do you know if the DVD will be transport to the uk oh do u mind if i add you 2 buddy list ?

Thank u again xx

:hugs:

Sharifu
December 8th, 2004, 02:27 AM
Are you asking me? I have no idea if this DVD will be sold in the UK. It should though. Do you have region free DVD player? You could play the US DVD then. And if you were talking to me, sure I don't mind if you add me to your buddy list.

starlioness
December 8th, 2004, 03:43 AM
eeee! Shariffu!!! *pouncehugs* it's here!!!! *screams really loud*:shout: :scream: :nukawha: *is so hyper she can't contain herself*.. I was just over at a place called Tower Records where they sell DVD's and stuff and I got 3 people to Buy the DVD!!! :cheese: .. not to mention it was at good $19.99 price there.. ( too bad they wouldn't let me sit at their house.. these are total strangers I'm talking about here ;)) but who cares ,it's here ! *woot!* even though I don't have a DVD player must...get.. one ...:grrr: it's still amaizing..

also they have a store called Gargoyles near the Tower Records place.. I ''ll go check it out this week! ( I didn't see anything resembling Goliath though *wonders if they know about it * hmmm...

WE LIVE AGAIN!!!!:D

HasiraKali
December 8th, 2004, 04:04 AM
I didn't get to the store to pic it up today :( I'm gonna try to go tomorrow after my finals though. Then spend all night and the rest of the week watching it :D

Sharifu
December 8th, 2004, 06:23 AM
I was just over at a place called Tower Records where they sell DVD's and stuff and I got 3 people to Buy the DVD!!! :cheese: .. not to mention it was at good $19.99 price there..

Sweet! That's the best price I have seen so far! (The cheapest I could find was $20.99 at Target) And you got 3 people to buy the DVD?!?! Three random people?!?! :lol: That's great though! I got Eric (Woes) to get a copy, I think he is really going to like Gargoyles, he has never seen Gargoyles before! :gasp: :p But I am sure he will like it... :evilgrin: ;) He picked up a copy for me too today and I am going to get it from him tomorrow! Thanks Eric!!! :cheese: :hugs: ;) I can't wait to play the DVD tomorrow night! :D

Sharifu
December 8th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Oh and I wanted to spead Greg Weisman's words today...

"I GOT MINE!!
Just got back from the Amazon my friends -- went their via the Gathering 2005 site at www.gatheringofthegargoyles.com -- where I purchased my copy of the GARGOYLES SEASON ONE on DVD. I'm pretty excited. Nervous too.

I want to thank all of you who are supporting this product. Supporting this property, this fandom and my emotional state.

But let's try this. Everybody contact SOMEBODY from the fandom whom you haven't heard from in a while. Someone maybe who attended a Gathering in 1998, maybe. Or someone who used to frequent Station 8, but just sort of drifted off. Search these people down. Odds are they'd love to get the DVD, but if they've been out of the loop, they may not know it's available NOW!!!

If all of you contact just one lost fan, it would really help to spread the word!!

Thanks!"

That's awesome you got others to get the DVD today Starlioness, it helps. =D

lion_roog
December 8th, 2004, 06:58 AM
I think I'll check out Gargoyles at your house in April, Sharifu....:cheese:

Ofcoarse that wont be the only thing I'm checking out..:Ooo: .....:D :evilgrin: ........... I have to check out your drawings....:cheese:

starlioness
December 9th, 2004, 03:52 AM
Oh and I wanted to spead Greg Weisman's words today...

"I GOT MINE!!
Just got back from the Amazon my friends -- went their via the Gathering 2005 site at www.gatheringofthegargoyles.com -- where I purchased my copy of the GARGOYLES SEASON ONE on DVD. I'm pretty excited. Nervous too.

I want to thank all of you who are supporting this product. Supporting this property, this fandom and my emotional state.

But let's try this. Everybody contact SOMEBODY from the fandom whom you haven't heard from in a while. Someone maybe who attended a Gathering in 1998, maybe. Or someone who used to frequent Station 8, but just sort of drifted off. Search these people down. Odds are they'd love to get the DVD, but if they've been out of the loop, they may not know it's available NOW!!!

If all of you contact just one lost fan, it would really help to spread the word!!

Thanks!"

That's awesome you got others to get the DVD today Starlioness, it helps. =D

ya know , I think ol Greg's gonna have a stroke from over happiness ;)..
pfft, getting people to buy the DVD is one thing.. but.. I wan't to see it :(... especially since I don't get Toon Disney anymore thanks to my one of my dummy roommates who didn't pay the cable bill:die: :grrr: .. yay 5 channels .. how fun :p oh well,

Hey Sharifu, you think I should try to get the videos of the first season a long time ago? all I need is Vol 3 (The Edge/Long Way To Morning) and Vol 4 Her Brother's Keeper/Reawakening... I have the VHS Gargoyles movie and Gargoyles 1 and 2 .. it's not the DVD but it's something.. :p:D

unregistered user
December 9th, 2004, 07:52 AM
I got Eric (Woes) to get a copy, I think he is really going to like Gargoyles, he has never seen Gargoyles before! :gasp: :p But I am sure he will like it... :evilgrin: ;) He picked up a copy for me too today and I am going to get it from him tomorrow! Thanks Eric!!!

wOOt, Eric... =D :cheese: :D

Amaryllis
December 9th, 2004, 08:11 AM
I know it, i love it.
But its not on tv here anymore...
:'(

Sharifu
December 9th, 2004, 10:50 AM
pfft, getting people to buy the DVD is one thing.. but.. I wan't to see it :(... especially since I don't get Toon Disney anymore thanks to my one of my dummy roommates who didn't pay the cable bill:die: :grrr: .. yay 5 channels .. how fun :p oh well,

Hey Sharifu, you think I should try to get the videos of the first season a long time ago? all I need is Vol 3 (The Edge/Long Way To Morning) and Vol 4 Her Brother's Keeper/Reawakening... I have the VHS Gargoyles movie and Gargoyles 1 and 2 .. it's not the DVD but it's something.. :p:D

Hmm... I dunno. I wonder how much it would cost you to buy those two VHS, and you are going to be looking for them on ebay? And you would have to pay shipping too... Did you get a copy of the DVD anyway? I would really recommend to get a DVD Player, not just for Gargoyles of course, but for all these other Disney movies I know you love so much and you get all these Bonus features and stuff. I think you can get DVD Players pretty cheap now, like less then $50.

I got my copy today from Eric, but I didn't watch it yet, because I was on the bus all day going up to Oregon to my mom's house, and I didn't get here till 1:00 in the morning. (It's 2:46 now) It's too late for me to put on the DVD, but I want to watch Gargoyles on my mom's home theater, it will be awesome. I'll just do that in the morning. :cheese:

unregistered user
December 9th, 2004, 10:53 AM

5 Channels eh? :E we got three :p

Sharifu
December 9th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Now that I have this Gargoyles DVD, I can take screen shots!!! :evilgrin:

Look what Hudson finds on TV as he is fliping through the channels:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/birdygirl85/GargoylesTLK.jpg

:lol: ;)

The DVD is neat... I like the animated menus. And I watched a couple of episodes, and it's so nice to hear Gargoyles in surround sound. I haven't watched the audio commentary on the first five episodes yet but I look forward to watching that. =D

starlioness
December 10th, 2004, 04:27 AM
:lol: and people complain about S.P's and TLK 1/2's animation :p... that's probably there stunt doubles there ;)

due to the excitement over the DVD ... I compulsively bought Vol 3 ( Long Way and Edge)on ebay yesterday,and sent the money order in today.. it was sorta a good price $3.50 +shipping+insurance+money order fee=$10.73 :Ooo: and they have Vol 4 Brothers Betrayed (Brother's Keeper /Reawakening) for 50 cents!! ( $3.00 shipping, $1.30 insurance, $1.00 money order fee =5 something I think...) auction ends on Sunday so I hope I can get it. too bad the seller is all the way in Maryland :alone: oh well, here's hoping :D.. I'm getting a lot of christmas stuff..:eek:

also , if anyone has heard of the movie Ringing Bell ( I don't know if showed this to Sharifu or not .the one with the lamb and the Wolf,)
I'm buying that tomorrow!! :D it's such a good movie.. too bad I have $20.00 for it.. but I guess that's a normal price..*shrugs* *is broke now*..

*curses fandomness*

HasiraKali
December 10th, 2004, 04:36 AM
I had to add it to my Christmas list instead of getting it myself. :( So I have to wait another 2 weeks. Good thing is, when I do get it, it won't be my money ;) I gotta save for those loan payments o.o

Vidan
December 10th, 2004, 05:47 AM
I'm through the first four episodes (hey, I've been busy =p). This series is awesome.

Sharifu
December 10th, 2004, 06:33 AM
I'm so glad you like the series. I knew you would. :) I'm glad to get someone into this show if I know they will enjoy it. Season 2 only gets better... I hope this DVD sells well, then Disney might release Season 2 on DVD.

But Eric I have Season 2 on tape actually, and in order too. I can let you borrow the tapes, or hopefully Disney will release Season 2 on DVD soon.

Sharifu
October 26th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Bumping this old thread... Because Season 2 is coming to DVD! Woot!!! :D

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000ATQYVA.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

--First 26 episodes of Season 2.
--3-disc DVD set.
--Available on DVD December 6, 2005.
--$39.99 SRP US.

Bonus Features:
--Episode Introductions by Greg Weisman.
--Audio Commentaries on "City of Stone" Four-Parter.
--The Gathering of the Cast and Crew (featurette).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ATQYVA/103-4796183-5624625?v=glance&n=130&n=507846&s=dvd&v=glance

This is so great... I really didn't think Disney would release Season 2 on DVD. I'm so happy. :)

Although Season 2 has way more episodes then the 1st season, so the 2nd Season DVDs, will be released in 3 volumes.

A lot seems seems to be happening for Gargoyles right now. Greg Weisman is able and will be making a comic book series of Gargoyles, that happens after the "Hunter's Moon" and acts like the the third season, "The Goliath Chronicles" never happened. Yaaaaay! :haha:

I would much rather have the series come back as an animated show of course, but just that these new comics with new adventures are being made, is really great. (Planned to come out 2006) And it's really great that Disney is releasing more DVDs. I love Season 2.

starlioness
October 26th, 2005, 06:27 PM
I'm not too crazy about the artwork. but I'm definitley looking forward to this one. it'll be a great christmas present :) I hope the gathering featurette is of this year. I'd be nice to see what the gang looks like now :):cheese:

Sharifu
October 26th, 2005, 09:31 PM
I'm not too crazy about the art on the case either, and I don't really like the case of the first season DVD. But I'm just happy they're being released on DVD.

The Tigress
November 16th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Gargoyles is my favorite show of all time. It's a shame it got cancelled. The reason why Goliath Chronicles wasn't as good as the rest was because they replaced almost everyone, and the new people only had a very short time to familliarize themselves with the series.

Sharifu
February 11th, 2006, 06:08 AM
The Tigress, Gargoyles is my favorite show of all time too. ;)

Ok, well I got the Second Season Volume 1 set on the first day it came out, December 6, 2005. (And I was wrong, it will be released in two volumes, not three)

Anyways, it's so great to have these episodes on DVD! So many great episodes. I love this set. I like the little back story written by Greg Weisman in the case. I also liked how they set out the DVDs in the case, and I like the artwork on the discs, they?re better then the artwork on the discs in the first season set. Some nice pics of the Gargoyles and it's so shinny. :lol: The bonus features are great too I think. I loved all the bonus features. The Gathering of the Cast and Crew was pretty neat. :cheese: (I love bonus features like that) The only thing I don't like that much, is that the animated menus aren't as good as the animated menus in the first season DVD set. But I don?t care, I didn?t buy the DVD set for the menus. ;)

It would be nice if these DVDs were advertised a little more? I mean, some TV commercials would be good. Not every Gargoyle fan checks up what?s going on in the fandom online. (So tons of people who would be interested in buying this, would have no idea it exists)

Can?t wait for Volume 2. (And those comics that are supposed to come out this year!)

Sadiki
February 11th, 2006, 06:22 AM
Hehe, I have been watching The Gargoyles in past 10 days and I am almoust done with all the episodes ;)

Sharifu
February 15th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Ugh, Starlioness just informed me about what Greg said today on the Ask Greg website. (http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/latest.php)

Tough Love

I've been informed that the Season Two Volume One Gargoyles DVD has not sold as many units as the Season One Gargoyles DVD did. That's not particularly surprising, since it has a higher price point. But let's be honest, the lower sales are putting the release of Season Two Volume Two at risk.

To be clear, I'm not asking anyone to spend money they don't have and/or need for things like food, shelter, education, etc. But if you've just been lazy and have been putting off buying the darn thing... well, pal, help us all out by ponying up sooner than later.

And ALL OF YOU -- PLEASE DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

It is NOT a given that Season Two Volume Two will come out!

:alone: I really want Volume 2 of Season 2... I don't care about the third Season, The Goliath Chronicles... I just want the first two seasons on DVD. :tears:

Disney needs to advertise these DVDs! They are already too hard to find in stores.

starlioness
June 30th, 2006, 06:32 AM
from Toonzone :
http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=11250

to write to Disney
http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=169370&page=2

please help spread the word of the DVD's and the Comic , also remember that high sales = more DVD's (Gargs or not)

Sharifu
June 30th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Ugh, I was afraid this was going to happen... They need to release that last set, to have the whole second season on DVD. (Which is what I really want!) Plus I know about the Gargoyles comic book and I've been trying to get it but been having trouble finding it. Being in Southern Oregon right now at my mom's, there aren't too many comic book places around here, and the one that did have them, ran out rather fast. (Which is a good thing, but I want a copy too!) :p I'm going to call the comic book shops in the Bay Area too, to see if they can hold me a copy when I get back to San Jose... I'm leaving to Finland on July 6, and I wont be back for over two months. I just really want to make sure to get a copy before I go to Finland because I don't think I'll find it there.

(I have two friends who I know want that Volume One of Season Two DVD, they just haven't bought it yet, but I've been telling them they should get it soon because it's not selling well)

starlioness
July 1st, 2006, 12:35 AM
I kinda figured you would post here, but I forgot when you left for Finland.. :confused:

did you check these places out? there's even SLG retailers in Finland :)

http://www.slavelabor.com/index2.html

Check under Retail Listings...

o.k ,there's one place in Finland, maybe Timali would like a copy :)

I hope Disney gets off it's butt and release the last set too.. I just got DirectTV which has Toon Disney but I don't wan't to have to buy tapes and record them off of TD with Damn Logos and Edits *grumbles*:grrr:

Sharifu
July 6th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Ok I got back to San Jose yesterday, and picked up a copy of the comic here. :) I haven't left to Finland yet, but I will later today! :D

Sharifu
September 10th, 2006, 07:50 AM
I thought it should be time to bump this thread...

Issue 2 of the Gargoyles comic book is due out on September 28.

Hey, I found this MySpace page about Gargoyles, it seems like a good place to go for info. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=89448926&MyToken=ded3323e-79af-434d-a66a-09fbb875d18c (Just thought I'd let you guys know)

Sesshomaru
September 10th, 2006, 11:00 PM
There's a Gargoyles comic?! When did that happen?!

OMG, so wish I'd been around when this thread started. I love Gargoyles, always have, always will. I know this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind, but Maggie was a lioness mutate and it's spelled Sevarius. God, I hated him.

starlioness
September 11th, 2006, 02:22 AM
the comic came out about the end of June Sess , so you're not that far behind :bleen:

*looks at Sharifu's birdies* :cheese:

sure wish Disney would get off their darn butts and release Season 2 part 2 :grrr: sucks having to tape this off of Toon Disney:growl:

Sharifu
September 11th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Sesshomaru
There's a Gargoyles comic?! When did that happen?!

See, this is something that bothers me... Disney is not advertising at ALL about NEW Gargoyle releases! (The DVDs and comics)

Not even a website! :disagree: So lots of fans don't even know about this!

Well Sesshomaru, have you seen all the episodes of Gargoyles?

These new comics, continue after the second season, right after the Hunter's Moon three parter ended.

You should buy them! The more money that is spent on the DVDs and comics, Disney will see there's a profit to make more.

Try calling your local comic book shops.

Sesshomaru
September 11th, 2006, 04:28 PM
I would, but I have no job at the moment so I can't really spend a lot of extra money. Plus, I'm in a small town I just moved to so i have no idea if there are any bookstores =P Otherwise, those DVDs would be so MINE! They've gotta release the Avalon episodes, if they haven't yet cuz I have no idea what season those were. I've seen all the Gargoyles episodes, but never saw many of the Goliath Chronicles. I saw a few, but it wasn't as good as Gargoyles. Besides I didn't like the though of Angela being with Broadway, I think she shoulda gone with Brooklyn.
And stupid Toon Disney only shows Gargoyles at like 1 or 2 in the friggin morning when it used to be on at 11! Even then, I never watched cuz it was in Spanish!

I think Disney's in denial since Gargoyles is so different. The animation is more realistic and less cartoony, it's more serious and violent at times and there's actually blood. Course technically, it was done by Buena Vista but Buena Vista's owned by Disney. They're advertising all these direct-to-video sequels (which are usually really bad), but won't advertise what had to be one of their longest running series and has one of the biggest fandoms! You'd think they might sell the DVD in Disney stores or at least Disney World, but I've never seen any trace of Gargoyles in either place. They are in such denial.

Sharifu
September 11th, 2006, 05:13 PM
The Avalon series are on DVD... The first season, and the first half of the second season are on DVD. (36 episodes on DVD total) You can see more what I said about that in these past posts. The comics don't cost much, $3.50 each.

I know what you mean about Angela and Broadway. I used to think the same way as you, but once I read more about Greg's (the creator) opinions and why he made it that way, I've excepted the fact of them being together. Brooklyn finds his own mate in time. http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/ (I don't know if you know of that site or not?)

Anyways, if you need help finding the DVDs and/or comics, let me know, I can help you. :)

Sesshomaru
September 11th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Cool, thanks! And I'm really not familair with that site. Unfortunately I've been out of the loop regarding Gargoyles since joining TLKFAA and gettind back into TLK. So I'm a little clueless =P

Sharifu
September 12th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Getting both the DVDs, would cost about $62. (From most stores that sell DVDs, it would be around that... A little more or less, if you are lucky, maybe around $54? You can always look online for yourself too) I mean, they are hard to find, and since you live in small town, they would probably be even harder to find. Ebay would probably be the best for you to find the DVDs, if you decide to get them. But not many people are selling them, but they sell them around same price as the stores...
Issue 1 of the new comic I didn't even see on Ebay at all. I would just look online for the nearest comic book stores near you, and ask them.

But I know it's hard in a small town. When the first comic came out last June, I was in Southern Oregon visiting my mom, and I was having so much trouble finding it, most of the comic book stores didn't know what I was talking about, and then one in a different town next to the one my mom lived in, had them, but they only had a few copies so they sold out fast. I had to wait until I got back to my dad's place in the Bay Area of California, to get one from a comic book shop there. (And if you can't find something in the Bay Area of California, well then I would be surprised) :p

I know you don't have a job now, but I thought I would let you know, and also for anyone else who's interested. :)

Sharifu
March 17th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Well I'm posting here because the third Gargoyles comic book is coming out March 28. (The second one came out last December. I was going to post about that during the time it came out, but I never got around to it)

You can actually buy the comic books from the SLG Publishing website (http://www.slgcomic.com/). I thought I'd just let anyone know who wants to buy the comics. That site is good place to buy the first two comics and if you are having trouble finding a comic book store near you that will sell these comics.

Oh and I decided to post what Greg said about the future of the Gargoyles comics:

"GARGOYLES: BAD GUYS

SLG will be releasing a new spin-off of Gargoyles. GARGOYLES: BAD GUYS. This will be a six issue bi-monthly limited series in black and white. I'm writing the title, with art by Karine Charlebois and tones by Stephanie Lostimolo. Covers (as always) by Greg Guler, colored (yes, colored) by Stephanie.

Gargoyles will remain a bi-monthly book (in color). (More on this in a second.) And Bad Guys will come out bi-monthly on the main title's dark months, so for a year you'll have SOME Garg Universe product coming out every month.

Now, I'm sure you have questions... So I'm going to TRY to preempt some of them here:

1. HOW CAN YOU START A SPIN-OFF WHEN YOU'RE BEHIND SCHEDULE ON THE REGULAR BOOK?

Fair question. But I personally am NOT behind schedule on the regular book. In fact, I'm way ahead of schedule. Here's where things stand.

Issue #3 is done and has been for weeks. We're simply waiting on Disney to "approve" the issue. There's no mystery or conspiracy here. There's just, I'm guessing, a guy in an office who is swamped with things to approve and isn't making the SLG properties (Gargoyles, Tron, Wonderland, Haunted Mansion) a priority.

Issue #4 is being colored and lettered and should be done within a couple of weeks. Since it doesn't need to go out for two months, that should give Disney plenty of time to approve it.

Issue #5 is being inked.

Issues #6 and #7 have both been scripted and pencilling has started on each.

Issue #1 of Bad Guys has also been scripted.

I will start on issue #8 of Gargoyles next, then #2 of Bad Guys, #9 of Gargoyles and etc.

I'll stay ahead, and hopefully so will everyone else and what that means generally is that barring something totally unforseen, we should be on schedule from here on out.

And, yes, David Hedgecock had delivery issues Gargoyles #2. But this was due to him having to split his time between a day job to pay the bills and his gig on the book. David has now taken the EXTRAORDINARY step of quitting his day job to dedicate his time to Gargoyles. Since we also have fill-in artists on issues #4-6, David is getting right to work on issue #7 and he will no longer be the cause of any delays.

On top of this, Dan Vado has stated that he has every intention of picking up the Gargoyles' license when it comes up for renewal.

I don't want to get complacent, but really this is all good news. It looks like we should be around for a while.

And I actually think that Bad Guys will help us out. We will in essence become a monthly title (at least sort of), which will get readers in the habit of picking up something Gargesque every month. That HABIT should help. At least that's the theory.

2. WHY BAD GUYS? I WANTED TIMEDANCER*! (*Feel free to substitute NEW OLYMPIANS, DARK AGES, PENDRAGON, 2198.)

The main answer is chronology. I have this timeline. And the Bad Guys story I'll be telling in this six issue mini-series is happening in late '96, early '97. This is the story that NEEDS to be told now. I hope you like it. AND I hope you'll support it. Because if this limited series does well, then GARGOYLES: PENDRAGON is next in line. And after that GARGOYLES: TIMEDANCER. (That's as far out as I've allowed myself to think up to this point.) If the limited series doesn't do well, then it'll be the last one... and I'll eventually incorporate events from Pendragon, etc. into the main Gargoyles book. But I'm hopeful that that won't be necessary. And I hope that those of you who've seen the Gargoyles reel at a Gathering can tell those who have never attended one of our great (www.gatheringofthegargoyles.com) conventions just how cool Bad Guys really is.

3. WHEN WILL GARGOYLES: BAD GUYS PREMIERE?

Karine is inking Gargoyles #5 now -- which shows what a trooper she is, since she JUST gave birth a few days ago! As soon as she's done with G#5, she'll start on BG#1. Our hope is that Bad Guys #1 can come out in the dark month between either Gargoyles #6 & #7 or -- at the latest -- between #7 and #8. We certainly plan to tease and pimp Bad Guys at the 2007 Gathering in Pigeon Forge!

So, if all goes well...

Gargoyles #3 - March
Gargoyles #4 - May
Gargoyles #5 - July
Gargoyles #6 - September
Bad Guys #1 - October
Gargoyles #7 - November
Bad Guys #2 - December
Gargoyles #8 - January, 2008
Bad Guys #3 - February, 2008
Gargoyles #9 - March, 2008
Bad Guys #4 - April, 2008
Gargoyles #10 - May, 2008
Bad Guys #5 - June, 2008
Gargoyles #11 - July, 2008
Bad Guys #6 - August, 2008
Gargoyles #12 - September, 2008
Pendragon #1 - October, 2008
etc.

Is there an element of wishful thinking here? Well... duh. But it's not unrealistic either. This is the plan. I mean to do everything in my power to stick to it, and everyone else involved feels the same way. Can't make ABSOLUTE guarantees of course. But I can promise you that I'm passionate about this project, about making it the best it can be both creatively and financially.

4. WHY BLACK AND WHITE?

This is largely an economic decision. Printing in multi-color costs WAY more than printing in B&W, and that reduces greatly SLG's profit margin and ability to put out the titles without over-extending their resources.

Creatively, however, I was completely behind the decision. Though I feel strongly that the main GARGOYLES title should be in color, I think the subject matter of Bad Guys can work terrifically in b&w. Again, if you've seen the Bad Guys reel at the Gathering, you'll have some idea of what this book can be -- even without full color. Plus we will have color covers, so you will get a sense of what our characters look like in color.

5. UH... I CAN'T THINK OF A #5 AT THE MOMENT.

BUT I'M SURE YOU GUYS WILL. The good news is that I'm getting through the ASK GREG back log at a pretty steady pace. I'm hoping to have the site open for questions shortly. And we'll definitely open it up (at least briefly) when issue #3 hits the stores."