PDA

View Full Version : "But it's a really good movie, Your Honor:" Lion King DVD theft

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 11:42 AM
I got this from http://animated-news.com/

Fayette County, Georgia's The Citizen Online (http://www.thecitizennews.com/main/archive-041008/ptc-08.htm) reports that a 35-yr. old man recently pled guilty to the theft of three copies of The Lion King DVDs and was sentenced to ten years in prison for his crime. This was the third shoplifting charge for Donta Dewitt Harris. It is anticipated that the three-time thief will be released from behind bars just in time to steal three copies of The Lion King 20th Anniversary Set on the HD-DVD format.

:lol: TLK is so good it drives people to steal it... ;)

lion_roog
October 11th, 2004, 11:47 AM
:lol: :lol:

Wonder if his prison name will be Simbutt..... :D

:alone: Christopher Reeves died..:alone:

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by lion_roog
:alone: Christopher Reeves died..:alone:

Yeah... I saw that on TV, so sad, he's pretty young. I couldn't believe it. :(

lion_roog
October 11th, 2004, 11:50 AM
He was my hero when I was younger...with all the Superman movies.

And he seemed to be doing so well with his rehab and all.

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Yeah, it did seem like he was doing really well... :tears:

lion_roog
October 11th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Yeah.:(

Well, this thread's not suppost to be about death and mourning...it's suppost to be about something funny. I just saw the Chrsitopher Reeves news on the site you posted.

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 11:59 AM
I just saw the Chrsitopher Reeves news on the site you posted.

Yes, I know. I guessed that's why you brought it up.

lion_roog
October 11th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Sharifu
Yes, I know. I guessed that's why you brought it up.

Yeah...I was laughing and everything about the guy stealing DVDs, then I saw the news about Christopher Reeves and that just killed the happiness of my moment.

I mean, not even Superman could save the moment.:cheese:

....please forgive me for joking, but that's how I deal with a lot of situations.

King Simba
October 11th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Sharifu
I got this from http://animated-news.com/

Fayette County, Georgia's The Citizen Online (http://www.thecitizennews.com/main/archive-041008/ptc-08.htm) reports that a 35-yr. old man recently pled guilty to the theft of three copies of The Lion King DVDs and was sentenced to ten years in prison for his crime. This was the third shoplifting charge for Donta Dewitt Harris. It is anticipated that the three-time thief will be released from behind bars just in time to steal three copies of The Lion King 20th Anniversary Set on the HD-DVD format.

:lol: TLK is so good it drives people to steal it... ;)
:eek: :lol: :evilgrin:

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 12:16 PM
"But it's a really good movie, Your Honor"

I wonder if he actually said that... :lol:

Nephilim
October 11th, 2004, 05:27 PM
:lol: A classic.

TakaTiger
October 11th, 2004, 07:50 PM
here, youd prolly geta slap on the wrists too, but im not sure, ive never got caught =3

unregistered user
October 11th, 2004, 10:17 PM
are you kidding me? That happened not even a hour away from my home in Ga, heh, wow I was living there when someone stole TLK dvds >___<...people who steal should be locked up and I say for this...every tlk fan that exists on this planet that guy should have to be in jail at least one day for each of the fans, hehe

TakaTiger
October 11th, 2004, 10:19 PM
to tell ya the truth, that woulddnt be that long... the tkl fandom is unfortunetly slowly dying oO

unregistered user
October 11th, 2004, 10:23 PM
*forces everyone to love TLK*

unregistered user
October 15th, 2004, 09:49 AM
He was my hero when I was younger...with all the Superman movies.

Indeed! :(

Prince Simba
October 16th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by blue Tiger
*forces everyone to love TLK*

*forces everyone to love TLK by threatening to make them eat a brick... with a spoon*

:evilgrin:

Juniper
October 17th, 2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by TakaTiger
to tell ya the truth, that woulddnt be that long... the tkl fandom is unfortunetly slowly dying oO

TLK fandom will never die away! *starts singing "I Will Survive"*

Really tho, 10 years, for a couple movies? Ah, I jus read it again, I guess it's cuz that was his third offence.

Kiara Serengeti
December 11th, 2005, 06:54 PM
I know this is an old thread...but I found it while searching for another thread. Lol. Wow. Quite a story!!! I got my SE legit--I hope we all did here on Lea ;)

Sombolia
December 12th, 2005, 01:29 AM
*sing song voice* I didn't! :p

*starts singing 'Shoplifter'*

DarkPaw
December 12th, 2005, 05:23 AM
The Lion King fandom isn't REALLY dying all that much is it? *Covers ears singing lalalalal!* Oh well...there's still us people *raises flag of Simba*

Ashara
December 12th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Wow. That was an hour away from me, too. I don't blame him, though >_<

va-kasi
December 16th, 2005, 10:15 AM
10 years for a few movies? Is that what his time in prison is worth? :woeisme:

Funny story, but terrible sentence.

ThiagoPE
December 16th, 2005, 11:46 AM
ten years for stealing a dvd.... absurd.

Hickoro Lioness
January 15th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Lol! wow, that is pretty amazing.
TLK is just to good.:lol:

lionloversam
January 16th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Welcome to good old American justice.

chaotic serenit
January 17th, 2006, 08:41 AM
You have to keep in mind that the initial sentencing in most cases like this mean nothing. Usually there's an appeal, or in most cases, the sentence is alleviated once the prisoner shows good conduct.

Viperman
February 2nd, 2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by chaotic serenit
You have to keep in mind that the initial sentencing in most cases like this mean nothing. Usually there's an appeal, or in most cases, the sentence is alleviated once the prisoner shows good conduct.

He`ll be out in a few years for good behavior, just watch.

Daniel
February 2nd, 2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Viperman
He`ll be out in a few years for good behavior, just watch.

he'll steal TLK2 next, i've seen his hitlist :D

Talli
February 2nd, 2006, 06:50 PM
Right on Dan, and no it's not obsured to jail some one for that long, and he was probalby stealing office supplys as well. Well it all catches up to you

Sadiki
February 3rd, 2006, 02:45 PM
10 years in a prison for that! :gasp:
I don't really think thats right, that is just outrages. over here you would probably just get fines and would have to buy those DVDs- that is just crazy that you get 10 years of prison from 3 DVDs.

And no I wouldn't want that everyone would love TLK.. that would make so many wierd people to join on the fandom... it would be really bad.