PDA

View Full Version : Musical TLKoB's Jason Raize...

Princess Nala
February 11th, 2004, 02:49 PM
....died.

The Lion King's original Simba, Jason Raize, died last week of an apparent suicide in Yass, Australia. He was 28.

Raize, who was born on July 20, 1975 and grew up in Oneonta, New York. He began acting as a teenager, beginning his professional career in the summer of 1994 at the Bucks County Playhouse in Pennsylvania. He appeared regionally in productions of La Cage aux Folles, Oklahoma!, The King and I, The Rocky Horror Show, Gypsy, West Side Story and Twelfth Night and the national tour of Jesus Christ Superstar before heading to Broadway. Best known to theater fans as the original Simba in the stage version of The Lion King, he remained with the hit show until August 20, 2000. Raize returned to the New York theater world in 2001 as the star of a concert presentation of Carmen Jones, presented as part of York Theatre Company's Musicals in Mufti series.

http://www.broadway.com/template_1.asp?CI=33877&CT=38

RIP Jason...you will be missed.

Fuzzy
February 11th, 2004, 02:57 PM
:( ...................

Ngatuny
February 11th, 2004, 03:03 PM
That is very sad RIP Jason Raize, I was familiar with his wild life show Keeping It Wild With Jason Raize. :(

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 03:03 PM
R.I.P Jason.

:(

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Rest in peace mate

Naline
February 11th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Aaaw, thats really sad :( RIP!!!

Sadiki
February 11th, 2004, 08:39 PM
awws... well maby he is better place now or i hope so R.I.P :(

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Sad sad news...RIP Jason. :(

unregistered user
February 12th, 2004, 02:19 AM
R.I.P Jason. :(

Muruwa
February 12th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Wow... ... ... ... that's depressing :tears: poor guy.

Kintaru
February 12th, 2004, 03:48 AM
R.I.P. Jason.. :Ohno:

unregistered user
February 12th, 2004, 05:15 AM
The power in his voice during Endless Night...it's always been with me since I first heard it...his preformance of that song moved me and inspired me. When ever I feel lost in life I listen to that song, I listen to the pasion in his voice as he sings that song and I know things will be alright...now his passion is gone, but not lost.

I just...I was a HUGE fan of his talent not just in singing at which he was a master but also his wonderful voice work in Brother Bear. And before and beyond his work with Disney he had a bredth of talents and triumphs...

It's tremendously sad...very sad...

unregistered user
February 12th, 2004, 10:52 AM
I'm very sad to heard that, RIP jason Raize. I'm like endless Night, I was a Huge Fan of jason raize, his voice and song was important in my life. i was fan Of his unlimited talent... I'm really very desapointed... :'(

Sharifu
February 13th, 2004, 04:10 AM
:badnews: Oh my gosh, that is so sad... Rest in peace Jason Raize. :tears:

I've never seen TLKoB, (even though I want to really bad) which character did he voice in Brother Bear?

unregistered user
February 13th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Wow! That is truly sad. You dont expect to see anything like that on posts like these. R.I.P. Jason.
Another great King of the past to look down upon us. :moon:

Suki
September 30th, 2004, 12:00 AM
I just saw on Princess Nala's (Ugh...I wanted that name :tears: )sig it says "Rest in Peace: Jaosn Raize" :( It is true?

nafklt
September 30th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Yep;), sadly, as officials say, he commited suicide in Australia...:(

unregistered user
September 30th, 2004, 01:17 AM
:(...

Suki
September 30th, 2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by nafklt
Yep;), sadly, as officials say, he commited suicide in Australia...:(

:gasp:After that?

SimbaTLK1
September 30th, 2004, 01:48 AM
Who is Jason Raize? :confused:

unregistered user
September 30th, 2004, 01:53 AM
The voice of Kovu, I believe.

Wow, that is sad.

SimbaTLK1
September 30th, 2004, 02:02 AM
Oh, ok. Thanks. Never devoted much attention to SP, not a big fan of it.:evilgrin:

Suki
September 30th, 2004, 02:05 AM
*Ahem* Jason Raize was Adult Simba on TLKoB in 1997. :D

unregistered user
September 30th, 2004, 02:12 AM
*Ahem* Jason Raize was Adult Simba on TLKoB in 1997.

Well I'm sorry. I don't know anything about TLKoB... time to leave.

SimbaTLK1
September 30th, 2004, 02:17 AM
Oh, TLKoB. Well :irule: , thats a completely different story :cheese: Thats a shame:(

nafklt
September 30th, 2004, 02:48 AM
http://locket.net/raize/main.html

He was also the voice for Denahi in Brother Bear...:cheese:

jannali
September 30th, 2004, 02:54 AM
:( tis a shame indeed. RIP jason

lion_roog
September 30th, 2004, 03:45 AM
Sorry to hear about Jason.

King Simba
September 30th, 2004, 07:08 AM

Simba_TLK
September 30th, 2004, 08:50 AM
yeah i heard about this a while ago :(

Originally posted by jannali
:( tis a shame indeed. RIP jason
yeah from what i hear he was a great actor too

Sadiki
September 30th, 2004, 09:03 AM
:( R.I.P Jaosn

unregistered user
September 30th, 2004, 02:08 PM
:tears: RIP Jazon:( *Sighs*

Shadow
September 30th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by nafklt
http://locket.net/raize/main.html

He was also the voice for Denahi in Brother Bear...:cheese:

wh....wha......what?.....:Ohno:.
but....but.....:tears:

tha....that moive was so close to me....sens my mum and all and now this.......:tears:

why cant....its just .......:(

man am crying for real......:(

Nephilim
September 30th, 2004, 03:35 PM
I knew about this all. How long ago was it though?

unregistered user
September 30th, 2004, 04:10 PM
I think it was early..like in january, february or something similiar

Nephilim
September 30th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Ah, thanks Boos.

Shadow
September 30th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Man cant it just be one amasing film whit out anyone dying....i mean...that movie was so importent to me...and then just this happens i mean...why....this is going to bring me down avrytime i watsh BB....i mean...why....:(

Cerise
September 30th, 2004, 09:12 PM
How very sad! :(

Shadow
September 30th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
Don't let it get to you mate *Hugglez!!!* :hugs: . It saddens us all Shadow mate, but remember, if ever you need some kind words or just a plain old *Hugglez!!!* then STL's here for you mate :hugs: !!!

thanks...but i rather dont want to talk abut this....but thanks anyway....

Mabatu
September 30th, 2004, 11:21 PM
It's old news, but it doesn't matter, it's still really tragic :(

As i said once before, it really upsets me that the world we live in can lead someone to think that they have no more reason to live, and that they should kill themselves :( Someone should really have been there for him, whatever his problems were :tears:

Every time i listen to TLKoB i think of him...he did such a great job as Simba. And every time i watch BB, i think of him. It really sucks that he died :alone:

Xinithian
September 30th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Mabatu
It's old news, but it doesn't matter, it's still really tragic :(

As i said once before, it really upsets me that the world we live in can lead someone to think that they have no more reason to live, and that they should kill themselves :( Someone should really have been there for him, whatever his problems were :tears:

Every time i listen to TLKoB i think of him...he did such a great job as Simba. And every time i watch BB, i think of him. It really sucks that he died :alone: He killed himself because of the drugs, not depression.

nafklt
October 1st, 2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Xinithian
He killed himself because of the drugs, not depression.

:confused:

Suki
October 1st, 2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by shadow
Man cant it just be one amasing film whit out anyone dying....i mean...that movie was so importent to me...and then just this happens i mean...why....this is going to bring me down avrytime i watsh BB....i mean...why....:(

:kiss: and :hugs:

Ever since I cam t this thread today, I've been listening to "Slipped Away" by Avril. :tears: I mailed the story from Broadway.com to my cousin. I feel better with her then anybody else in my family (besides mum). :secret:

Suki
October 1st, 2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Xinithian
He killed himself because of the drugs, not depression.

Sooo, he killed himself while he was drunk or he killed himself because he took drugs?:confused:

Sharifu
October 1st, 2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Scape
The voice of Kovu, I believe.

Jason Marsden was the voice of Kovu. Jason Raize is a different guy, and they look different from each other. ;)

Yes, Jason Raize was the original Adult Simba in TLKoB, (so yeah on TLKoB soundtrack he sang Endless Night, parts of He Lives in You, etc) and he did do the voice Denahi in Brother Bear.

It's awful and upsetting that he is gone. I'm not sure what happened or why he killed himself... He was such a handsome, talented, young man. He was a great actor, voice actor, singer... Why would he kill himself? If it was because of drugs, that's awful and upsetting to me. God I hate drugs, nothing good comes out of them and all they do is ruin people's lifes. :grrr: (Believe me, I know, I've had relatives whos lifes have gotten messed up because of drugs) and I've made up my mind years ago that I will never do drugs, I care about my body and my life.

Rest in peace Jason Raize, you will be missed. :(

lion_roog
October 1st, 2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu
If it was because of drugs, that's awful and upsetting to me. God I hate drugs, nothing good comes out of them and all they do is ruin people's lifes. :grrr: (Believe me, I know, I've had relatives whos lifes have gotten messed up because of drugs) and I've made up my mind years ago that I will never do drugs, I care about my body and my life.

I couldn't agree more.

SimbaTLK1
October 2nd, 2004, 04:01 AM
I'm still not understanding the whole story. Did Jason die of a drug overdose, or was it more of when he was in a depression off of the drugs, he felt so bad that he killed him self?? :confused:

Suki
October 2nd, 2004, 05:14 AM
Ack, I think I shouldn't of made this thread :hehe:

But at least it informs us. :Psst:

Well, this is the e-mail I got back from my cousin:

That is so sad.
Life is a LOT of fun, but it's also very hard at times.
That's why it's so important that family and friends show each other how much they care about each other.
We all need to take care of each other through the good and the bad.

I will say a prayer for Jason.

Keep in touch and I love you much!

I love my cousin. :secret: :kiss: :licks:

Mabatu
October 2nd, 2004, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by SimbaTLK1
I'm still not understanding the whole story. Did Jason die of a drug overdose, or was it more of when he was in a depression off of the drugs, he felt so bad that he killed him self?? :confused:
I don't think the exact details of what happened are available, but it seems certain that his death was a suicide. I guess he could have deliberately overdosed...but the problem was definitely drugs/alcohol, and possibly they made him feel depressed...so he killed himself.

A couple of links:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0707262/board/nest/6243989
The post down the bottom of this page is of interest.

http://www.blogofdeath.com/archives/000732.html

Xinithian
October 2nd, 2004, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Suki
Sooo, he killed himself while he was drunk or he killed himself because he took drugs?:confused: The drugs made him go crazy (must've had illusions) and kill himself.

Sharifu
October 2nd, 2004, 05:37 AM
I hate drugs. :grrr:

Suki
October 2nd, 2004, 04:17 PM

Can't live with 'em, can live without 'em...

Sharifu
October 3rd, 2004, 06:04 AM
How old was Jason Raize?

Mabatu
October 3rd, 2004, 12:29 PM
I think he was about 28...waaay too young to be dead :(

Sharifu
October 4th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Yes... That's so awful. :( When I listen to Endless Night, I think of him...

lion_roog
October 4th, 2004, 10:01 PM

You're too subtle about it......I think you meant to say is....drugs can f$%&ing burn in hell and the b&$%* *** dealers who push them can rott along side them for all I care.

(some words edited for the youngins')

Shadow
October 5th, 2004, 04:50 AM
Yes... That's so awful. :( When I listen to Endless Night, I think of him...

man i cry too endless night befure..becuse of mum and stuff...this ant making it better :tears:

Suki
October 8th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Shad...:tears: :licks: :kiss:

unregistered user
October 8th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Suicides arent nice

We had like 6 of them under the three years in my school...

You kinda wonder why

Kovu
October 8th, 2004, 06:47 AM
Humans are the only creatures that commit suicide, for the sole purpose of killing themselves.
Odd. :confused:

lion_roog
October 8th, 2004, 09:41 AM
I barely remember the last time my Dad tried to commit suicide....I was almost six years old and had no idea what was going on. He tried to overdose on pills, but my Mom saved him...she knew what to do because she used to be a secretary for a doctor.

Suicide is very complexing to me...even when I had the same thoughts.

unregistered user
October 8th, 2004, 03:30 PM
I do believe this is the millionth time I've seen a topic like this O.o

Suki
October 9th, 2004, 09:12 AM
:Psst: Go "o_O" to someone else's thread. :Psst:

lion_roog
October 9th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Nuka
I do believe this is the millionth time I've seen a topic like this O.o

So touching.....:tears:

Sharifu
October 9th, 2004, 06:28 PM
This is the only topic I remember about Jason Raize:
http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=301

I don't remember any others.

Suki
October 9th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Don't even start with Princess Nala. She doesn't even come here too much at all! :rolleyes:

SimbaTLK1
October 10th, 2004, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Kovu
Humans are the only creatures that commit suicide, for the sole purpose of killing themselves.

Zira :growl: commited suidcide, does that count? :confused:

Xinithian
October 10th, 2004, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by SimbaTLK1
Zira :growl: commited suidcide, does that count? :confused: A cartoon creature does not count.

lion_roog
October 10th, 2004, 04:39 AM
This is the only topic I remember about Jason Raize:
http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=301

I don't remember any others.

I think Nuka was refering to the fact that this thread is about suicide and death and such.

Dare
October 10th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Kovu

I once heard that Flipper (the dolphin) committed suicide, but I don't know how accurate that is...

*researches*

Xinithian
October 13th, 2004, 11:40 PM
I swear, squirrels are suicidal. They ALWAYS jump right in front of your car when it comes around a corner.

Juniper
October 14th, 2004, 04:07 AM
Well, if you saw an object dozens of times larger than you traveling at unimaginable speeds, wouldn't you jump out in front of it? I know I would. :p

Broken
October 14th, 2004, 04:25 AM
*nod* it is rather said... but this shows weakness too. Hew was weak to kill himself, he ran away from his 'problems' *Sigh* Pathetic... a loss of another is still sad...o..O

Lion Roar
October 15th, 2004, 10:38 PM
RIP

Roku
April 26th, 2005, 05:06 PM
As many know, Jason Raize is the person who played Simba in TLKoB, but I just read that he passed away last year. I did not know this until now, and here

http://www.blogofdeath.com/archives/000732.html

you can find out about it. It says he committed suicide, but why would he? I keep thinking about it. I am sad because he was so talented and I feel ignorant for not knowing until now....

nathalie
April 26th, 2005, 05:10 PM
I say this in general: there is a "search" button ;)

1. http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=301&highlight=jason+raize
2. http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2115&highlight=jason+raize

Roku
April 26th, 2005, 05:14 PM
I am sorry...I just read it and I was in such shock, it bothered me all day and I had to talk about it...I never knew him, but he did so many great things I was so crushed.

nathalie
April 26th, 2005, 05:23 PM
That's ok ... :)

(maybe a mod can merge or something?)

HasiraKali
April 26th, 2005, 08:03 PM
I remember when I found out. It was the day TLK 1.5 came out. I had just finished watching it for the second time and was typing my review in my LJ and found the link in a TLK community there. I started bawling. He was such a nice guy. :(

unregistered user
April 26th, 2005, 10:29 PM
haha i know bout his death bout... December 2004
:\....

HasiraKali
April 26th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Guntur
haha i know bout his death bout... December 2004
:\....

Wasn't it February 3, 2004? :confused:

Azerane
April 27th, 2005, 12:10 AM
:alone: I had not heard about this either, I never knew... that's awful :tears: May he rest in peace. :(

Ngatuny
April 27th, 2005, 01:57 AM
Threads Merged :ayecapn:

nafklt
April 27th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Wasn't he in the Brother Bear movie?:confused:

nathalie
April 27th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Yeah, I believe he was the voice of ... *shoot* can't remember his name ... but the person who turns into the bear.

Lion King Stu
April 27th, 2005, 08:38 AM
u mean Kenai?

nathalie
April 27th, 2005, 08:49 AM
yes, that's him :)

unregistered user
April 27th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by HasiraKali
Wasn't it February 3, 2004? :confused:
:haha: i mean i know bout his death bout.. 10 month later ;)

Ralli
April 27th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by nathalie
Yeah, I believe he was the voice of ... *shoot* can't remember his name ... but the person who turns into the bear.

:gasp: OHMEHGAWD, are you serious?! *goes to look* No, he did the voice of Denahi, the brother of Kenai who lives...

NUUUUUUU! :tears: It's a curse. I love TLK and I love BB...

I found out about his death relatively soon after it...:( I was so disappointed in him...killing yourself...I couldn't believe it...heck, I think I'm still in denial of it...

unregistered user
April 27th, 2005, 11:58 AM
too all member...
remember
He lives in you..
PEACE Jason

la_reina
April 27th, 2005, 12:15 PM

As do I. Isn't that how Kurt Cobaine died? And so many other celebrities? I think that if people just stayed away from them, they'd be able to live without 'em.

starionwolf
April 29th, 2005, 03:12 AM
Yeah, I'm sad too. :( I like his voice in Brother Bear and the Lion King Musical Soundtrack.

Storm90
April 29th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Tis ish sad! *whimpers* I didn't know this till now, shows you how much I pay attention to the news. I loved The Lion King on Broadway and BB....

so sad that he did this just because he took drugs...:(

Prince Simba
April 29th, 2005, 09:11 PM
I saw a topic about this a long time ago, before that really meant anything to me... so it faded from my memory. And I thought he was still alive. Silly me. :tears:

Sombolia
April 29th, 2005, 11:45 PM
PS?! :gasp:

Uhh yeah, tis sad and stuff. :(

unregistered user
April 30th, 2005, 04:28 PM
No, now I start to cry again :crying:

This is so ... Gah, I don't have word for it! :angry:
I really liked him...now I can't listen at Endless Night any more...:(

Ralli
April 30th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Ciara Zukunft
No, now I start to cry again :crying:

This is so ... Gah, I don't have word for it! :angry:
I really liked him...now I can't listen at Endless Night any more...:(

*sighs* I know. I can't listen to Endless Night anymore either. :alone: Not only does hearing his voice make me sad, it makes me angry at him. I mean, he does the best job singing Endless Night and probably sang it a blue million times on Broadway! You'd think the meaning would get through his head: that things will eventually look up.

...unless...you guys are mentioning drugs...was he taking some sort of anti-depressants? I've heard that they can actually make people suicidal (and that, my friends, must be the most ironic thing in the world...). Though I'm not sure if I really believe it, as I've taken anti-depressants for about two or so years now (I went into serious depression during sixth grade, I'm now in eighth) and I've never considered suicide and only think about it when it's brought up...and then I REALLY don't like to dwell on it, because: a.) I'm not depressed anymore b.) I'm afraid to die, c.) I don't like hearing that someone has died, d.) I hate the concept of suicide. :(

Mizani
May 25th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Suicide is a very depressing subject:(

unregistered user
May 25th, 2005, 10:28 AM
yeah PS
he's Still alive..

he lives in us...
within our heart and mind :emo:

Mizani
May 25th, 2005, 10:30 AM
very true Guntur:(

Simba22
May 26th, 2005, 04:28 AM
I'm reaaly gonna miss him.:tears: I loved Jason Raize in the TLKOB Soundtrack and I loved him in Brother Bear. Drugs are the devil.:grrr:

IchLiebeNALA
May 26th, 2005, 09:26 PM
i never new, i really liked him as Simba, and did he really do the voice of Kovu? If he did, that is a shame. :(

R.I.P Jason

Simba22
May 26th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by IchLiebeNALA
i never new, i really liked him as Simba, and did he really do the voice of Kovu? If he did, that is a shame. :(

R.I.P Jason

No I don't think so. ALl they said in this topic was that he was the Adult SImba on TLKOB and Denahi in Brother Bear.:tears:

simba2662
June 22nd, 2005, 03:31 AM
It is so sad. He truly had the most amazing voice and was such a wonderful person. http://www.blogofdeath.com/archives/000732.html is a link to a tribute page. You can leave your own little message.
Busa Simba

simba's girl
June 22nd, 2005, 08:18 AM
I only found this out the other day... I hadn't heard of him till I bought the musical soundtrack after falling in love with the show and the music. He had such a powerful but beautiful voice! Its so sad that a young talent was cut short, wish it had never happened... at least we have the soundtrack to remember him by. I guess whatever pain he was feeling in his life at the time is over now and he's at peace, but I will definitely miss the music and creativity he could have given us...

starionwolf
June 22nd, 2005, 08:07 PM
Yes, his voice is beautiful. I'm sad that he is gone now.

simba2662
July 17th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Just for everyone, its Jasons b'day on 20th July, he would have been 30.

Happy birthday mate, miss ya so much :(

simba's girl
July 18th, 2005, 01:43 PM
He looks so gorgeous in that pic of yours simba2662... :( Hope this doesn't sound weird but he looks "pretty"... I guess there is such a thing as pretty guys and he was certainly one of them!

Sharifu
July 18th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Jason, in my opinion was very handsome.

nathalie
July 18th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Is it just me, or does he look alike, like all the other Simba's who play in the musical in all country's?

'Cause I must say, they are all cute :D

Fear The Paw
July 18th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Dang I did not know *Silence*

simba2662
August 5th, 2005, 12:46 PM
He may have looked the same but when it came down to his voice he was at another level. Ive never heard anyone sing as clear as he did on the Rosie Odonell show when the cast performed (They/He Lives In You)

nathalie
August 5th, 2005, 12:53 PM
I think all Nala's, Simba's, Rafiki's, in all country's the musical plays, look the same.
(and not because of the things they wear *lol*, but facially)

LunarCat
August 5th, 2005, 05:37 PM
^ that's the only problem with disney......they go by looks.......:(

nathalie
August 5th, 2005, 06:32 PM
It's like Disney also go by voices.

I don't know if they still work like this, but normally every country would have selected the voices and they would have to send tapes of those to Disney, and Disney would say if that voice would be right or not for that character.

Melody of Scar
August 5th, 2005, 07:12 PM
RIP, Jason.

He's on the big stage in the sky now. :(

simba2662
July 20th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Happy 31st Birthday Jason :( I'll never forget

I just bought his Tast the Tears Cd from amazon and its such an amazing song.
I just wish they released his full cd, BUSA SIMBA

Kiara Serengeti
July 21st, 2006, 12:35 PM
Wow, this is an old thread, how the heck was it bumped?

HasiraKali
July 21st, 2006, 03:01 PM
Because yesterday would've been his birthday. I listened to him sing a few things to commemorate.

Simba Marasa
July 22nd, 2006, 02:41 AM
my heart breaks. he was the first and greatest of the broadway simbas