PDA

View Full Version : Big Game

Juniper
September 27th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Hey, I know it's way too late to be postin this, but the local paintball field, Splatterpark, is having its "Big Game" comin up this Sunday. There's supposed to be an *** load of people this time, 1000+, and I got outta reffing it, so I'll be playin. I've got about 19 people from paintball forums comin down to Ohio to play, and I thought it'd be friggin awesome if some people from here wanted to go. Plus, the refs and their friends will be gettin together that night and goin catfishing and having a fish fry, as its a tradition at Splatterpark, and you're all invited to that too. It's probably too late to mention it, and I know that realistically no one is likely to be able to go anyway, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to post.=D

If by chance anyone is interested, now or ever, to go paintballin, jus PM or AIM me (orracledude) and I'll get you the info.

Xinithian
September 28th, 2004, 12:02 AM
Sorry, I live in CA. But how's the weather over there? It would suck if it was raining... here in CA it's kind of hot.

Xinithian
September 28th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Oh, and you should try to contact Kotaki, he's into paintball and he lives near you.

Juniper
September 28th, 2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Xinithian
Sorry, I live in CA. But how's the weather over there? It would suck if it was raining... here in CA it's kind of hot.

Forecast's lookin good, but it was the muddiest I've ever seen the place last time cuz of the rain that week, and it was still awesome for the players.

lion_roog
September 28th, 2004, 05:06 AM
I live too far away. But the weather's good here...a nice 90 degrees....:D

Azerane
September 28th, 2004, 05:10 AM
do you think I live a bit far away!!! :p :D hehe, paintballing would be cool fun, I haven't actually done it yet but I have done laser skirmish which is kinda like paintball I guess :confused:

lion_roog
September 28th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Azerane
do you think I live a bit far away!!! :p :D hehe, paintballing would be cool fun, I haven't actually done it yet but I have done laser skirmish which is kinda like paintball I guess :confused:

See, the difference there is that paintballs hurt when they hit you.....unless your talking about those lovely heat laser thingys..... :D

Azerane
September 28th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by lion_roog
See, the difference there is that paintballs hurt when they hit you.....unless your talking about those lovely heat laser thingys..... :D

Too true, too true, and no, i'm not talking about the lovely heat laser thingys. Our school chaplin/councellor hurt his back playing paintball last year and he's only just getting better now!

lion_roog
September 28th, 2004, 05:34 AM
Too true, too true, and no, i'm not talking about the lovely heat laser thingys. Our school chaplin/councellor hurt his back playing paintball last year and he's only just getting better now!

Did he slip, or something?

nafklt
September 28th, 2004, 05:43 AM
http://www.orgs.bucknell.edu/sam/Pictures/Photos/Activies/Paintball/paintball%20-%20paul.jpg
"save yourselves! I'll keep 'em busy!"

lion_roog
September 28th, 2004, 05:52 AM
You kids shouldn't be playing with out maskes....you'll poke out an eye on a bush or something.....:D

Azerane
September 28th, 2004, 05:58 AM
Did he slip, or something?

Actually I dunno, heh... oh well... it's dangerous anyway :p:D

lion_roog
September 28th, 2004, 06:00 AM
Actually I dunno, heh... oh well... it's dangerous anyway :p:D

But danger is sexy.....:D

Azerane
September 28th, 2004, 06:03 AM
But danger is sexy.....:D

*rolls eyes* whatever you reckon!!!

lion_roog
September 28th, 2004, 06:08 AM
*rolls eyes* whatever you reckon!!!

Hey, I am not a reckon...:grrr:

*looks in dictionary*

Never mind...

*hides in corner*:alone:

:D

unregistered user
September 28th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Well, Its...slightly to late and to soon for me ;)

Would be awesome to play paintball though, though me and a mate was planning to convert our school to a lazer arena...it would have been awesome....you can have dreams cant ya? :E

Juniper
September 28th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by nafklt
http://www.orgs.bucknell.edu/sam/Pictures/Photos/Activies/Paintball/paintball%20-%20paul.jpg
"save yourselves! I'll keep 'em busy!"

That's awesome, that's the same gun our field uses for rentals (pirahna). They really suck though cuz they haven't been washed out or oiled in about 2 years. :p

lion_roog
September 28th, 2004, 10:56 AM
In Paintball...if you run out of bullets, can you throw the gun at them....:D

unregistered user
September 28th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Can you throw axes at them? :cheese:

lion_roog
September 28th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Can you throw nuclear weapons at them....:D

...Beat that Boos...:p

Juniper
September 28th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Can you throw nuclear weapons at them....:D

Well, I'd let you, but some of the other refs are assholes bout that sorta thing. :D

TakaTiger
September 28th, 2004, 11:02 PM
paintball is fun, but too far away oO

Xinithian
September 28th, 2004, 11:04 PM
do you think I live a bit far away!!! :p :D hehe, paintballing would be cool fun, I haven't actually done it yet but I have done laser skirmish which is kinda like paintball I guess :confused: The laser things dont work half of the time...

Juniper
September 28th, 2004, 11:24 PM
The laser things dont work half of the time...

And you don't have as much incentive to not get hit as you do in paintball. :p

Xinithian
September 28th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by pntbll248
And you don't have as much incentive to not get hit as you do in paintball. :p Is the paintball tourney going to be the speedball type?

unregistered user
September 28th, 2004, 11:40 PM
I went paintballing, a smaoke granade went off in my pocket XD

nafklt
September 28th, 2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by SimbustoVampire
I went paintballing, a smaoke granade went off in my pocket XD

:eww: Really?:cheese:

unregistered user
September 28th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Yeah :p

smokin'!

good thing it wasn't a paint bomb o.o

Juniper
September 28th, 2004, 11:58 PM
There's a bit of speedball if someone gets bored with woods ball, but there's more of this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/pntbll248/IMG_0722.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/pntbll248/IMG_0730.jpg
Weak photos, the big game has so much more people, but the picture part of splatterpark's site is down right now, so they only have a few.

Xinithian
September 29th, 2004, 03:02 AM
There's a bit of speedball if someone gets bored with woods ball, but there's more of this: I think it would be cool if there was a survival game, where it would take two days over like 100 acres, where your teams had to stick together for the day.

Juniper
September 30th, 2004, 12:50 AM
Ugh, went over to splatterpark today to get a bit of paintball in before the big game. I had a horrible day of paintball today, I was shootin all over the place and I got shot 5 times in the neck cuz some asshole doesn't know what "out" means.

lion_roog
September 30th, 2004, 03:34 AM
Kick his ***......but be nice about it.....:D

unregistered user
September 30th, 2004, 06:58 AM
What about throwing small pieces of the universe at them? and i dont mean smaller parts then the moon :P

lion_roog
September 30th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Black holes.......beat that.....:D

Juniper
September 30th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Well, most people jus get the other team out by shooting them, but...:D

unregistered user
September 30th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Okay Roog, you win...this time ;)

lion_roog
September 30th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Victory is Mine......:D

Juniper
October 1st, 2004, 11:17 PM
Registration for the Big Game ended today, so if anyone did want to go (which I don;t think anyone did), you'll have to wait till Spring for the next one. Not to worry tho, I'll take plenty of pics (I jus got a digital camera! YAY!) :D.

Juniper
October 4th, 2004, 01:37 AM
It was still fun tho, afterwards all the refs went to Wendy's in our reffing clothes and were dripping paint and mud all over the place and some snotty lady came up to us and was blatantly tellin us how we were going to be losers in life and ten years from now will all be in jail. Then, my friend, covered in paint and all kinds of crap, asked her if she needed a hug and wrapped his arms completely around her. It was the funniest thing I've seen all year; I'm still laughing. :D :D :D

I'll post pictures of the Big Game when we get our camera back from the photographer we hired to take pictures. There's a picture of my back after the Rain of Paint at the end where I was in the middle of a 500 on 500 game reffing.

unregistered user
October 4th, 2004, 06:41 AM
LMAO, how did she react? :D

Juniper
October 4th, 2004, 11:02 PM
She got pissed off and started yelling pretty loud that we were going to buy her a new shirt-blouse thing and that it was like 500 dollars and that was more than all of us would make in a year combined. Then she went on to make individual insults about us (She didn't get to me, I was in the front of the line). I told her that she reminded me of an inflatable bunker cuz she was about as wide as she was tall and wondered she would make the same sound as an airbunker if we shot her with my orracle. I don't know what she said after that, I got my food.

Mmmm... Bacon Cheeseburger:D

lion_roog
October 5th, 2004, 05:30 AM
:lol: I wish I was there to see that....:D

Juniper
October 5th, 2004, 07:35 PM
you woulda laughed if you were there.

I don't see why she cared we were dirty and crap, it's not like Wendy's is a fine dining restaurant or anything. Oh well, maybe she choked on her food after we left. :D

lion_roog
October 5th, 2004, 11:11 PM
You weren't wearing your tie......:D

Juniper
October 9th, 2004, 04:09 AM
We only got one camera's worth of pictures uploaded so far, these are straight from Splatterpark's website
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/pntbll248/IMG_1415.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/pntbll248/IMG_1424.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/pntbll248/IMG_1454.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/pntbll248/IMG_1441.jpg
The ref not on the quad is the one who hugged that lady I was talking about.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/pntbll248/IMG_1406.jpg

There are much better pictures from our professional photographer, these are jus from my boss.

Xinithian
October 9th, 2004, 04:11 AM
That's WAY different than the fields out here in CA... it's basically desert here, with hardly any trees.

Juniper
October 9th, 2004, 04:14 AM
Paintball without trees?! What do woods-ball-ers do?:p

Xinithian
October 9th, 2004, 04:15 AM
They dig trenches... I haven't gone paintballing though (or at least in about 3 years).

Juniper
November 24th, 2004, 03:47 AM
So, let's give it another shot! The Spring Big Game is coming up this, well, this Spring! (Haha! I have Deductive Reasoning Skills! :p)

If anyone wants to come up, you're welcome to, I can get you in for free and get you free paint and equipment. I've been told I can play in this one (just like i was told I could last time and then a day before I was told I couldn't:alone: ) so you'll even get your very own "Ryan the Ref" fully operation paintball partner with 12 unique catch phrases! (while supplies last):p

Xinithian
November 24th, 2004, 04:21 AM
I went paintballing at my friends' house... speedball is definetly NOT my thing.

Juniper
November 24th, 2004, 04:59 AM
I went paintballing at my friends' house... speedball is definetly NOT my thing.

I like speedball A LOT more than woodsball, but both are cool with me. The Big Game is all woodsball and moundsball this time, we have to take down the speedball fields temporarily in order to make room for more cars to park.

Does your friend have a speedball field? That'd be awesome.:D

Juniper
May 11th, 2005, 09:54 PM
It's that time again :p

The Splatterpark Spring Big Game is this weekend, Sunday to be exact. We're planning on more people this time, well over a thousand. If you guys wanna come out, there'll be a party the night before and it'd be great to see some of you; sadly, I know it's meerly wishful thinking. Anyways, I'll post pics that I take :)

LunarCat
May 12th, 2005, 02:00 AM
have fun! ;)

Aurelian
May 12th, 2005, 04:12 AM
Sorry, but I'm pacifist. I have nothing against the game itself, just the fact that "guns" are used to shoot people. I have a blast watching my younger cousins plat a few years back, though! Have fun!

Sombolia
May 12th, 2005, 04:44 AM
I'd come if I can but I can't so I won't :p

[/badgrammar]

Juniper
May 12th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Roquivo
Sorry, but I'm pacifist. I have nothing against the game itself, just the fact that "guns" are used to shoot people. I have a blast watching my younger cousins plat a few years back, though! Have fun!

They're paintball "markers" ;)

Paintball's been trying to get as far away from "guns" as possible over the last five years because with true paintballers, there's no intent to hurt another person or to simulate killing another player. That's why paintball markers look like this now (or at least with competition paintball):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/pntbll248/AngelSpeed.jpg

Some people still play Scenario paintball, which has markers that look like guns, but there's never intent of hurting another person. You need a trigger frame for a paintball marker though because it's the only natural position for the hand to be in and be able to move the fingers quickly, which is how most of the newer gun work, not by pulling the trigger but by walking the fingers across it like a car piston

Juniper
May 17th, 2005, 04:12 AM
Well, the Big Game has come and gone :)

Throughout the day yesterday, I had to deal with many... strange things. Like, I got to yell "Sir, please don't lick that" at least twice (Once referring to someone licking a barrel cover and once referring to someone licking out of the ketchup bins) :confused:, as well as "No, please don't throw him in the lake", "Please don't toss the 4500 psi bombs", "If you're stoned, drunk or high, don't wanna hear it, get off my field", "Hey you guys, don't throw rocks at cars", "Get your hand out of that vending machine", "What would make you think that was a good idea?", and my personal favorite, "Hey you guys, don't call the bunny man names" (a man from Splat Magazine wore a pink rabbit outfit and was playing with a brass eagle pump marker to show that you don't have to have the $1000 equipment to be good at paintball). I also got to watch another ref spray warm water on a person's tongue while asking them why they thought they should lick a frozen CO2 tank that just drained 20oz of liquid CO2. On another note, my boss thought it'd be hilarious to throw a prize next to me from the prize van at the end of the day; I was nearly trampled :p *Sigh* too much testosterone in one place I guess.

In all seriousness though, no one was hurt, everyone had a good time, and it was a good day :D

Xinithian
May 17th, 2005, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Roquivo
Sorry, but I'm pacifist. I have nothing against the game itself, just the fact that "guns" are used to shoot people. I have a blast watching my younger cousins plat a few years back, though! Have fun! You'd probably have a huge problem with airsoft then. But that's why I like airsoft better than paintball... the guns are better designed because they're exactly like real guns, whereas paintball guns aren't based on real guns so they're really awkward, unbalanced and heavy. Plus, airsoft is dirt cheap and the guns are a lot cheaper than paintball guns. The only problems are that airsoft relies on the honor system (telling somebody that you just got hit), and it's so realistic that a lot of people are turned off by that.

Juniper
May 17th, 2005, 04:55 AM
Hey, I just got to hold the new DYE DMC, it's less than a pound a half, with a tank and hopper, two pounds. That's pretty good for weight. You can buy a drop forward if the marker is unbalanced and that'll fix that. But like Xin was saying, paintball "guns" look nothing like guns, they originate from a tree marker used to put little ink marks on trees to be cut down. Some guy thought it'd be funny to shoot his friend with one, and thus came paintball :p As for the price, the new Smart Parts Ion is gonna put high-end gun manufacturers out of business, it performs at a $1500 level but costs about $250.

But I guess we already had this paintball/airsoft debate :p

Paintball is better. I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you *runs away* >.>

:bleen: :idiot: :kiss:

Juniper
December 8th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Reviving an old thread, and a double post, but it contains content, so yeah.

Xinithian sent me a video from Splatterpark's Spring '04 Big Game, kinda interesting...

We have a lot more people comin to our Big Games now, but there's still a lot in this video Oo By the way... that's pretty much just orange team.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1632797438982976405&q=splatter+park

Fun little fact, Refs wear orange flags over their crotch because no one has any common decency to aim well in those games.

lion_roog
December 8th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Aww...a video...I can't view it.:alone:

But paintballing is fun. I hope to do it again sometime...and Tucson is great for paintballing because of all the open land and different terrain...:cheese:

Twilight
December 8th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Reviving an old thread, and a double post, but it contains content, so yeah.

Xinithian sent me a video from Splatterpark's Spring '04 Big Game, kinda interesting...

We have a lot more people comin to our Big Games now, but there's still a lot in this video Oo By the way... that's pretty much just orange team.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1632797438982976405&q=splatter+park

Fun little fact, Refs wear orange flags over their crotch because no one has any common decency to aim well in those games.

I had a friend who paintballed so often it was crazy. I remember him talking about a "civil war" and there'd be nearly 300+ people there, versing eachother. I thought it rather interesting, and if I ever decide to I'd not mind checking out paintball. xP

Awesome video ^_^

Only-now
December 8th, 2005, 04:14 PM
That is just too many people to play in a field so close and such! I mean, biggest game I played probably had 200 or 300 something, and it was at Splatbrothers here in VA. It was spnsered by MXS...and it really turned out great. It was called Operation Bloodmoon...we played through the day at these big three story towers, and trenches...and a bombed out village, etc etc. It's a pretty big park..and then there was night play as well which was awesome.

I didn't see very many scenario playes on that video. I mean, I saw camo, but not the stuff I like..with the vests etc. If you wanna see the paintball I like check out Opsgear.com. I also just sent an application to join a national team caleld SF Delta T (Special Forces Delta Team). They look really professional..and have people from the military and police. The site is www.sfdeltat.com if you wanna check it out!

~Kiva