PDA

View Full Version : TLK 20th Anniversary Collab

KanuTGL
June 5th, 2014, 01:02 PM
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/225/3/e/leahalalela20thanniversarycollab_sm_by_kanutgl-d7v0h37.jpg

-------

I was just looking at the one we did for the 15th anniversary (Remember? http://kingsimba.deviantart.com/art/15th-Anniversary-Collab-129368268) and thought that it could be fun to do one for the 20th too! The setup would be the same as last time - we draw one character (or more, depending on how many we are) from the main cast and the drawings then get put together onto one background.

Don't shade your characters! And it's preferable if you are able to send me transparent PNGs :) Send me a PM asking for my e-mail address or containing a link to the drawing (dA users - I recommend the Sta.sh function to privately store large versions of the pictures :D).

Deadline: August 10th 2014

Character list:
Simba: King Simba [done]
Nala: Mufasa Sharifu [done]
Mufasa: Leorgathar [done]
Sarabi: Azerane [done]
Scar: KanuTGL [done]
Zazu: Sharifu [done]
Timon: Kossu [done]
Pumbaa: Kossu [done]
Rafiki: Leorgathar [done]
Shenzi: Azerane [done]
Banzai: Sharifu [done]
Ed: KanuTGL [done]
Sarafina: King Simba [done]

Sharifu
June 6th, 2014, 02:05 AM
I wouldn't mind joining this time.

Dare
June 6th, 2014, 03:01 AM
Hmmm....perhaps.
:thinks:

Azerane
June 6th, 2014, 04:28 AM
You read my mind :p I was thinking about this the other day in the shower :lol:

Sign me up :)

Leorgathar
June 6th, 2014, 05:00 AM
Sign me in too, I'm so up for this :)

KanuTGL
June 6th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Awesome! :D

I made a list of characters in the first post, so go ahead and pick one! I grabbed Scar while I was at it :P I remember we did both cub and adult versions of Simba and Nala last time, so I added them in this time too, hehe.

Sharifu
June 6th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Hmm, I think I'll ask for Zazu. I don't want to ask for too many at first, haha, but I wouldn't mind one of the hyenas too, Shenzi is my favorite. :p But I'll go for Zazu first.

ThiagoPE
June 6th, 2014, 09:55 PM
If I Had the ability to draw, i would love joining this...

But, anyway, i will enjoy see your arts.

Azerane
June 7th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Hmm, I'll grab Sarabi for now. I assume that it's probably going to be at least two charries per person, but I'll wait until after the first round of snatching :p

KanuTGL
June 7th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Done and done!

And yeah, I thought it would be most fair if we picked one character each to begin with, to give everyone as much choice as possible :P

Leorgathar
June 8th, 2014, 03:25 AM
I'll go ahead and grab Mufasa, later on I'll think about a second one :p

cleargreenwater
June 8th, 2014, 11:49 AM
And I think I'm gonna sit this one out, I haven't drawn since the secret santa, don't know if a pencil & marker drawing will translate well, and just don't know if I'll have time if the drawing doesn't turn out easy and I have to wrestle with it, six months is a long time to get rusty!

Azerane
June 8th, 2014, 01:18 PM
^Last time I drew anything was in January this year, should be interesting :p

Dare
June 11th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Well, June has dumped a Bucket of Suck Confetti over my head and I have no idea when I'm going to be able to clean it up, so it looks like I won't be able to participate.
I look forward to seeing the finished product though.
:)

Utora
June 12th, 2014, 02:04 PM
I will do Nala. :cheese:

King Simba
June 12th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Sign me up for Simba. :) I'd like to get back into drawing again.

KanuTGL
June 12th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Alright!

And aww, it's a shame you can't join in, Dare and CGW! Do let us know if you change your minds ;)

So, are we ready to start picking second characters, then? :p I took the second versions of Simba and Nala off the list for now, seeing as we're fewer participants this time.

Oh, also, like last time, don't shade any characters. I'll put everything together at the end and it'll make it easier if the drawings all are just "flat" coloured :)

Leorgathar
June 12th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Hmm well, I drew Rafiki once. I think I can do it again :p

Utora
June 12th, 2014, 03:44 PM
I can Sarafina also; question, can Nala have both a cub and adult version or did you want one or the other?

KanuTGL
June 12th, 2014, 05:21 PM
^ I think we should do one or the other, but maybe it'd be a good thing if they are both drawn as adults or both drawn as cubs? What does everyone else think?

I've picked Ed as my second character; I've never drawn him before, so that should be interesting xD

Sharifu
June 12th, 2014, 05:57 PM
I did say I would like to take Shenzi, but I have drawn her before, so maybe I will go for Banzai, I've never drawn him before.

King Simba
June 12th, 2014, 08:01 PM
I tried drawing Shenzi once, but it was darn hard. I'm kind of torn whether or not to draw her again... :thinks:

Azerane
June 12th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Well if you two can't make up your minds I'm gonna take her :p :lol:

Otherwise KS, if you really want Shenzi you can, and I'll take Timon

Sharifu
June 12th, 2014, 11:51 PM
Sorry, I should of made that more clear, I am taking Banzai. :p

King Simba
June 15th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Hmm, I'm curious... do I need to draw adult Simba or cub Simba? I mean, since Mufasa is in the picture too. :thinks:

As for drawing Shenzi, I'm still undecided yet. Someone else is free to take her meanwhile.

Azerane
June 15th, 2014, 07:58 AM
I'll nab Shenzi then :D

Maybe cub Simba I think, because obviously the whole Mufasa thing...

King Simba
June 15th, 2014, 03:56 PM
I already finished mine. Should I post it here? :D

KanuTGL
June 15th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Yes! :D

King Simba
June 15th, 2014, 06:41 PM
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/166/3/1/totally_simba_by_kingsimba-d7mhorx.png

I'll e-mail you the bigger non-watermarked version. :) I just need your e-mail address.

KanuTGL
June 16th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Looks great, KS! :D

Azerane
June 16th, 2014, 01:49 PM
That's so awesome KS! :D I promise I'll try to get at least one of mine done tomorrow!

Azerane
June 19th, 2014, 04:30 AM
Sarabi is complete :D Are my attachment file just not showing for me, or is it everyone?

I will send you the larger, transparent file Kanu :)

KanuTGL
June 19th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Whee, she looks great, Azzy! Love her :)

Kossu
June 21st, 2014, 01:25 PM
Can I participate too?
I wouldn't mind drawing Pumbaa.He's one of the characters I rarely draw and that would be an interesting challenge.:)

Azerane
June 21st, 2014, 04:14 PM
I don't see why not :)

KanuTGL
June 21st, 2014, 10:57 PM
Absolutely, Kossu! Added you to the list :D

Kossu
June 22nd, 2014, 02:57 PM
Thanks!:D

I'll try to have finished within the next days.;)

Azerane
June 23rd, 2014, 04:03 AM
You've got plenty of time since they're not due for another month :) Would be cool to have it done earlier though. Suppose I should get working on Shenzi at some point :p

Kossu
June 23rd, 2014, 07:10 PM
Oh,I'm so silly sometimes.

I hadn't seen the deadline.:o

I will still get to it though. ;)

King Simba
June 25th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Now I wonder who will snap up poor Timon... :lol:

And Sarabi looks great, Azzy!

Kossu
June 25th, 2014, 08:43 PM
To be honest,I wouldn't mind drawing Timon as well.
But since they were the last two slots,I decided that I shouldn't grab them both.Who knows,another person might decide to join later.:)

Afterall,there's still almost a whole month left until the deadline.

KanuTGL
June 29th, 2014, 10:29 AM
You're free to take Timon as well, Kossu :) I'm not sure if anyone else is going to want to join the collab at this point, so we might as well get all the characters drawn :p

Kossu
July 1st, 2014, 01:56 PM
Ok,in that case I suppose I'll draw Timon as well :)

Leorgathar
July 2nd, 2014, 07:18 AM
Phew, I'm done with Rafiki (I had to get the harder one out of the way first :p). I sent the transparent PNG version your way, Kanu ;)

Now on to draw Mufasa :D

Sharifu
July 2nd, 2014, 08:08 PM
Wow, impressive, Leor! Rafiki seems like a hard character to draw, but you drew him very well. I love all the other characters so far too! I think this collab will turn out great! I haven't started any of my characters yet, but I will soon.

KanuTGL
July 7th, 2014, 09:07 PM
He looks really great, Leor! :wow:

Also, ironically, I realised that I myself won't actually be able to make the deadline for this, haha. In a week I'm going on holiday and won't be back until the 29th, soo would anyone mind terribly if I moved the deadline to the 10th of August instead? :p

Sharifu
July 7th, 2014, 09:29 PM
That's fine with me. :p I am going to try to draw one my characters later today though, but we'll see how that goes.

Kossu
July 12th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Looking good,everyone!:)
Here is my part,Timon and Pumbaa.

I hope this upload will work without trouble.

Sharifu
July 12th, 2014, 11:28 PM
Oh, so cute Kossu! You drew them so well!

Leorgathar
July 12th, 2014, 11:56 PM
Very well done! and good job with the pose :D

King Simba
July 13th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Looks great, Kossu! I'm impressed! :D This collab is gonna look so good.

KanuTGL
July 13th, 2014, 10:27 AM
They look really great, Kossu! ^^ I'm so glad you wanted to draw them both, because if there are two characters in the TLK cast who should be drawn together it's Timon and Pumbaa :p

The file doesn't download very well though, so it'd be best if you could e-mail a large version of it to me :) I've sent you a PM with my address!

Vidan
July 24th, 2014, 04:57 AM
Nice work so far, everyone. What would you guys think if we used these drawings not only as a basis for a wallpaper, but a banner to go with a new theme?

Kirauni
July 24th, 2014, 05:57 AM
I was thinking the same thing :)

Vidan
July 24th, 2014, 06:24 AM
I'd made a banner for a 20th anniversary theme already, but I think it'd be nice if it represented the talent of our regular members. I'd like to get the theme going, but I'm not sure what sort of color scheme or background the images were going to be placed against. Kanu, did you have something in mind for that already?

KanuTGL
July 28th, 2014, 06:32 PM
That's definitely a neat idea! :) I don't really have a background theme in mind as of right now; I'm waiting to receive all the pieces before I decide, as the scene will depend on the characters' poses and such. Just making this up as I go, really :lol:

Sharifu
July 29th, 2014, 05:15 AM
Ok so I finally started drawing one of my characters last night. Here's Zazu! :zazulove:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/birdygirl85/Zazu20Collab_zps6b5a7ee3.png

Kanu, I just sent you a PM asking for your email address to send the bigger file to.

Leorgathar
July 29th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Whoa! great job, Audra, he looks fantastic! :wow: Also, great idea, Vidan :cheese:

I gotta suspend my current drawing and work on Mufasa for a few days, hopefully I'll have it done before the weekend

KanuTGL
July 29th, 2014, 09:39 AM
He looks spot on, Audra! :wow: Awesome work! ^__^

Vidan
July 29th, 2014, 05:03 PM
:zazupleased: Zazu looks great, Sharifu.

Sharifu
July 29th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Thanks guys. :zazublush: It was fun drawing Zazu. I'll probably start drawing Banzai today or tomorrow. :ayecapn:

Guntur
July 30th, 2014, 05:43 PM
I think we need to poke Kossu for posting the arts.

I haven't seen him quite sometime.

Sharifu
July 30th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Huh? Kossu already posted her characters, she drew Timon and Pumbaa. I assume maybe you meant Mufasa, as she hasn't posted anything here yet. But neither has Kanu, but I know she'll get them done. :p There is still over a week left to do them.

HasiraKali
July 30th, 2014, 07:23 PM
I rarely come into the art threads. but I'm glad I did. This is going to look awesome, y'all. :)

Guntur
July 30th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Huh? Kossu already posted her characters, she drew Timon and Pumbaa. I assume maybe you meant Mufasa, as she hasn't posted anything here yet. But neither has Kanu, but I know she'll get them done. :p There is still over a week left to do them.

Oh. :lol: Guess I didn't see the post at all, I'll catch up with it.

Nice, I hope all arts will reach the deadline eventually, and make the 20th anniversary theme in time.

;) :cheese: :D

Sharifu
July 30th, 2014, 07:33 PM
I rarely come into the art threads. but I'm glad I did. This is going to look awesome, y'all. :)

I think so too! I think all the characters drawn so far look amazing. Can't wait to see more characters and the final product. :D

Guntur
July 30th, 2014, 07:44 PM
I think so too! I think all the characters drawn so far look amazing. Can't wait to see more characters and the final product. :D

Yeah. :D

So far the artwork and prints are stunning and beautiful. as you say I can't wait to see the final product.

Azerane
July 31st, 2014, 04:42 AM
Thanks guys. :zazublush: It was fun drawing Zazu. I'll probably start drawing Banzai today or tomorrow. :ayecapn:

They're right, Zazu looks amazing! :D I'm so glad I didn't start my second pic last night though, because I thought I was doing Banzai, just checked and it's Shenzi :lol: That was lucky, haha.

Sharifu
July 31st, 2014, 09:25 AM
They're right, Zazu looks amazing! :D I'm so glad I didn't start my second pic last night though, because I thought I was doing Banzai, just checked and it's Shenzi :lol: That was lucky, haha.

Well that's a good thing you checked because at the time you made that post, I was already done drawing and inking Banzai. :lol: I bet you probably thought you were drawing Banzai at first because I was originally saying I was wanted to draw Shenzi because she is my favorite hyena. But after thinking about it for a bit, I decided to draw Banzai instead because I have never drawn him before. But I did today, so here he is...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/birdygirl85/BanzaiSmall_zpsd76c4df0.png

I hope I got his colors close enough. For some reason, the yellow of the eyes don't look right to me, but I had trouble matching it to screen shots. I also had a little difficultly drawing his face, but I guess in the end I did a fairly decent job. But still, he was fun to draw, even though his face and lower jaw was little difficult for me to get right at times, but I think that is good for me to be challenged, so I can improve at drawing.

Azerane
July 31st, 2014, 09:43 AM
Wow, he looks amazing! I'd say you certainly have improved :)

KanuTGL
July 31st, 2014, 10:44 AM
Woow! He looks fantastic, Audra! :wow: That face is so on-model! Amazing work :)

Sadiki
July 31st, 2014, 03:41 PM
Good job everyone, I can see the collab. coming alive.

Though I think you might consider backup artists for Mufasa, she hasn't logged on since July 4th.

KanuTGL
July 31st, 2014, 03:49 PM
Quite. Any takers?

I couldn't do it, unfortunately. Scar is already frustrating me to no end x_x

Sharifu
July 31st, 2014, 04:55 PM
Thanks guys. =D I wouldn't mind being a back up artist to draw Nala and/or Sarafina. I actually had fun drawing canon characters which I haven't done in years before this collab. But then I would feel bad if Mufasa did come back during the last minute and wanted to put in her drawings. Although I guess if worse comes to worse we can just use her drawings instead of the back ups.

But I feel I should see first if others would like to be a back up to draw them. It's alright with me if someone else wants to draw them. Maybe King Simba? She only got to draw one character. But maybe she's ok with that.

I really only need a day to draw Nala and/or Sarafina, so lets say, by August 6 if no one has claimed one or both of them, I can do it. I know August 6 is still a few days before the deadline, but on August 7 I might be visiting the lady who owns my bird now, August 8 I will be spending seven hours on the road driving back to California, then August 9 I am going to my friend's open house to celebrate her wedding, so I'll be a little busy during those days. :p

Leorgathar
July 31st, 2014, 05:22 PM
Audra, you totally wowed me with that Banzai drawing! :wow: seriously, that's an awesome work you put on him ^^

As for me, I don't think I can take any of Mufasa's characters, it's been a really busy week for me, so I've been holding on drawing Mufasa for a while. Although I'm sure from this weekend on I'll be more free to get on drawing quicker, so if by the time I finish with Mufasa no one has taken any character and there's still time, I guess I could give it a try. We'll see

HasiraKali
July 31st, 2014, 08:19 PM
I could page her on the Facebook group for you if you want. She posts on there every now and then. Or someone can poke her there. :p

Sharifu
July 31st, 2014, 08:28 PM
There's an idea, I didn't think of that. If you could also let her know that the deadline is August 10, so she knows how many days she has left to finish her artwork.

King Simba
July 31st, 2014, 09:17 PM
Both characters look amazing, Audra. You did an awesome job on them both. They look just like they do in the movie. :)

I could take on some of Mufasa's characters if need be. I would at least be willing to do Nala if she can't complete it by the deadline. That's if nobody else wants to do it, of course.

Sharifu
July 31st, 2014, 10:35 PM
Both characters look amazing, Audra. You did an awesome job on them both. They look just like they do in the movie. :)

I could take on some of Mufasa's characters if need be. I would at least be willing to do Nala if she can't complete it by the deadline. That's if nobody else wants to do it, of course.

Thank you Tara. If you want to do Nala, I actually kind of wanted to draw Sarafina. :p Unless someone else has the burning desire to draw her. :lol:

How long should we wait to hear back from Mufasa to see if she'll draw her characters? I think we should only wait until August 5 or 6, well if I end up drawing Sarafina, I will need to do it on one of those dates at the latest.

cleargreenwater
August 1st, 2014, 01:47 AM
Dude, Sharifu, awesome job on Banzai :D

Sharifu
August 1st, 2014, 01:50 AM
Thank you! :D Lots of people seem impressed by my Banzai. :lol: I might have a go at drawing Ed sometime, not for the collab, but just for fun and to give drawing him a try. :cheese:

KanuTGL
August 1st, 2014, 05:11 PM
Sounds good, guys :) Then we know that the collab will be completed regardless :D

Sharifu
August 1st, 2014, 05:26 PM
So, if Mufasa doesn't respond by August 5, is it alright if I draw Sarafina? Or does anyone else want her?

King Simba
August 2nd, 2014, 09:32 AM
Anything from Mufasa yet? :curious:

Kirauni
August 2nd, 2014, 01:20 PM
Did somebody send a PN to her? I haven't heard from here for a few months. Maybe she's experiencing some technical difficulties again?

I'm so amazed how natural your pictures look. Those are really awesome! Thanks everyone who provided a picture.

King Simba
August 2nd, 2014, 01:31 PM
Hmm, well if Mufasa doesn't respond soon, then I will be happy to draw Nala. :)

Sharifu
August 2nd, 2014, 05:08 PM
No, I haven't tried to get a hold of Mufasa. I will try tagging her in the Facebook group and leave her a message. But, how long should we give her? For myself I was thinking August 5 or 6 the latest... Tara, how much time do you need to finish a picture of Nala? I think we need to give Mufasa a deadline a few days earlier because of course we need the time to draw them.

King Simba
August 2nd, 2014, 05:31 PM
I don't need that much time to do it in, like a few days or so. Just depends on how much I feel like drawing, but I can give myself a push to finish it quicker if I need to. ;)

Sharifu
August 2nd, 2014, 05:48 PM
Ok, I am going to leave a message for Mufasa on the Lea Facebook page. If she does not respond by August 6, I would say it's safe to say we can go ahead and draw the characters.

Azerane, I wanted to make sure it was alright with you if draw Sarafina. I just asked you this on Facebook, but I can mention it here too. Kanu said she can't and Leor said he would probably be too busy. I want to make sure everyone is alright with me drawing Sarafina, I don't want to nab her without asking everyone else in case they want to draw her.

nathalie
August 2nd, 2014, 07:42 PM
She saw the message on fb, that's one thing.

Sharifu
August 2nd, 2014, 09:58 PM
Well many of you might of seen this already on the Facebook page, but Mufasa said she will have them done by August 10. She said she forgot and that she was sorry. She told me I could draw one of the characters if I wanted to, but I told her that it's fine if she draws both characters, I don't have to draw one. I told her that if for some reason she can't finish both characters, or doesn't want to, she could offer one of them to Tara because she only got to draw one character.

King Simba
August 3rd, 2014, 07:22 AM
Hmm, well she didn't say anything about not drawing both characters, so I guess I'll let her draw them both still. But if she can't complete one, I'll still be happy to draw one. :)

Utora
August 3rd, 2014, 10:27 AM
:cheese:

You can have one KS, I've got a full plate at work these days.
I had Sarafina and Nala, and I'd like to draw Nala.
Let me know if you want Sarafina, otherwise I will do both by the 10th.

=)

King Simba
August 3rd, 2014, 11:53 AM
I'll do Sarafina then. =D I've never drawn her before so it will be nice to try something new.

King Simba
August 3rd, 2014, 06:55 PM
Ok, I finished with Sarafina. Hope she looks ok... it was my first time drawing her. :fina:

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2014/215/1/1/sarafinacollab_by_kingsimba-d7tj0tm.png

I'll send you the full sized version, Kanu. :)

Sharifu
August 3rd, 2014, 07:05 PM
Aww, very nice Tara! She's really cute.

KanuTGL
August 3rd, 2014, 07:28 PM
Thanks for all your help in running this, y'all :) I'm still out travelling, so I don't have full access to all my computer functions at the moment... xP But on Thursday I'll finally be home and able to work on my own characters properly. It's about time, haha.

nathalie
August 3rd, 2014, 07:44 PM
Looking great you guys, they are all so good!

Azerane
August 4th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Aww, Sarafina looks lovely :)

Leorgathar
August 7th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Nice work with Sarafina, KS :)

Phew, I'm finally done with Mufasa. Sorry that took me a while, but here he is :bleen: (yeah, he's pointing down xD)

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/218/2/7/27d7f18ff83a65524078e9f0d5988dc7-d7u1v3h.png

King Simba
August 7th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Ooh, he looks great Leor! :mufasasmile: Mufasa is quite a hard character to draw, but you make drawing him look easy. And yay, you finished him in time. :lol:

And thanks guys. :) Not long now until this collab is finally complete. :D

Sharifu
August 7th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Nice Leor! Looks just like Mufasa! That pose and everything looks like it would go well with Azerane's Sarabi... ;) But I bet you had that in mind, huh?

Can't wait to see more characters! Only a few days left really!

KanuTGL
August 7th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Oh, maan, the pressure is on to make my characters as pretty and on-model as all of yours! :lol: He looks fantastic, Leor! :)

Guntur
August 7th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Damn, That Mufasa looks really cool and accurate.

Nice arts everyone, especially the pride that you are drawing for the anniversary.

Leorgathar
August 7th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Thanks guys, I'm glad it turned out well, I can't wait to see the end result either :D

Nice Leor! Looks just like Mufasa! That pose and everything looks like it would go well with Azerane's Sarabi... ;) But I bet you had that in mind, huh?

Haha yeah, I had that in mind indeed :lol:

KanuTGL
August 7th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Here is Scar, at last!

I keep looking at it and can't make up my mind about whether I'm happy with it or not... But I've had enough of working on it, so done is done! :lol: Now onto Ed, who should be the real challenge :zazuconfused:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/219/2/4/20thanniversaryscar01_by_kanutgl-d7u52ls.png

Three days and three characters to go, guys! :D

Sharifu
August 7th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Wow Kanu! He looks amazing! I would say he looks very on model! :wicked: Awesome!

KanuTGL
August 7th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Thank you very much, Audra! :)

In other news, I figured I've received enough characters to start playing with a layout, so that is currently in the works... :cheese:

Leorgathar
August 8th, 2014, 04:47 AM
I think he looks great, Kanu! :wow: and way on model too, I agree with that ;)

King Simba
August 8th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Wow, Scar looks amazing, Kanu! I'm very impressed with that one. You should be too. ;)

Azerane
August 8th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Wow, Scar looks amazing :D All the characters do! I know I still have to do Shenzi, I promise I haven't forgotten :p

KanuTGL
August 8th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Ed is finished! :D This one is a lot more directly referenced, because I needed a lot more help getting the face and body right xP I decided to use the same colours as Audra used for Banzai, to keep them a little more unified :3

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/220/4/7/20thanniversaryed_by_kanutgl-d7ubggx.png

Leorgathar
August 8th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Awesome work on Ed! :D Nothing wrong with referencing a bit, especially for a species you don't draw often ;) I love the result

Sharifu
August 8th, 2014, 11:21 PM
Ed is finished! :D This one is a lot more directly referenced, because I needed a lot more help getting the face and body right xP I decided to use the same colours as Audra used for Banzai, to keep them a little more unified :3

Wow, Ed looks great! I had to use a lot of reference for Banzai too, you kind of need to when you've never drawn that character before. :p I was kind of worried about getting the colors right for Banzai because I knew other people were going to be drawing and coloring the other two hyenas, so I wanted them to have the same shade of colors... I guess I kind of set it for you now too. XD

King Simba
August 9th, 2014, 06:22 AM
Ed looks great. :) And yeah, I use reference too with characters I haven't drawn for a while... sometimes I even use reference for when I draw characters that I draw often, if art block gets in the way. :p Anyway, he looks great. :D

You guys are making me want to draw some hyenas now... :lol:

Kirauni
August 9th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Wow, I just love Scar and Ed. They all look so natural!
And I also think it's okay if you use references. Afterall you wanted to keep the characters as close to the original ones as possible. I think, that's what reference sheets are for. Great work, everyone!

Now you're almost done. I'm so curious how the characters are going to be arranged. :zazusmile:

Azerane
August 9th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Ok... I'm about to go upstairs and clear off the desk for the main computer so I can finally get working on Shenzi :p Will try to have her all done tonight, it not, definitely tomorrow night... or I'll probably get the stick :stick:

KanuTGL
August 9th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Oh, I use references all the time - I had about ten open for Scar :lol: I meant that Ed is pretty much copied directly off of the references, instead of using the model sheets as, well, models for a pose of my own. I try to avoid doing that when I can - coming up with own poses is a lot more fun - but I just didn't feel like spending an entire day struggling with this one xP No tracing involved, mind you, but I just wanted to mention it, since I don't feel like I can take the entire credit for the expression and the pose :zazublush:

And that sounds good, Azzy! I look forward to seeing her :D

Azerane
August 9th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Oh god... this was the most awful thing ever, but it's done :lol: Have a Shenzi.

Anyway, will e-mail you the full size.

Edit: fixed the image.

http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Azerane/ShezniAnniCollab.jpg

Kossu
August 9th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Wow,Scar looks so magnificent..so movie like!:wow:
Great job on Ed as well,Kanu!I really really love the lineart,it seems sooooo perfect.

Also,though I'm a little late to say this,fantastic work Sharifu,KingSimba and Leorgathar!=D
I can't wait to see them all together ^^

Sharifu
August 9th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Shenzi looks good, from what I can see! It's a little small, but from I can make out, she looks nice, looks just like her.

I think the only thing that is bugging me about my characters a little bit now is that my outlines of the characters I drew look a little thick compared to everyone else. I do everything still the only fashioned way and trace my sketch onto a new piece of paper so it's clean, then ink it with a pen, to get it ready to scan to color. I need to get thinner pens. I hope they don't look too out of place with all the other characters. But with them being shrunk down to make this collab, hopefully they will all look fine together. I do want to make thinner outlines, I have thought my outlines look a little thick sometimes.

I think I am going to send a reminder to Mufasa again today... I hope that doesn't bother her because she said she would remember. But I think it would be a good idea.

Guntur
August 9th, 2014, 05:09 PM
So the last character going to be made is Nala right? any progress from Mufasa?

Sharifu
August 9th, 2014, 05:30 PM
I just reminded her on the Lea Facebook page that tomorrow is the due date for her drawing of Nala for the Collab. She liked the comment a few minutes after I posted it so I think she will make sure she has it done tomorrow. ;)

Azerane
August 10th, 2014, 03:18 AM
I wouldn't worry about the line size Sharifu, that's the fun part about this collab, is that everyone has a different style that they work in :)

I fixed up my Shenzi image on the previous page so you can view it properly now :p

Sharifu
August 10th, 2014, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't worry about the line size Sharifu, that's the fun part about this collab, is that everyone has a different style that they work in :)

True...

I hope Mufasa finishes her drawing of Nala today... I am really excited to see this collab come together into the final picture. :p

KanuTGL
August 10th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Hehe, you'll have to give me a few days' margin to paint the background as well :p But the layout is pretty much finished! Only awaiting Mufasa's Nala now :cheese:

Sharifu
August 10th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Right, of course... :p

I know I am being impatient but not hearing from Mufasa yet today, I left her another message on Facebook just now. If she can't finish by the end of the day, should we get someone else to draw Nala? I have the free time right now, so I would be willing to draw her tomorrow unless someone else wants to draw her.

Apologies Mufasa if you do turn in Nala in today, just trying to think what to do just in case you aren't able to turn it in by the end of the day.

KanuTGL
August 10th, 2014, 11:36 PM
It wouldn't hurt to have a back-up artist if Mufasa doesn't turn in her drawing. Feel free to draw Nala tomorrow if the deadline passes and she hasn't been handed in, Audra :)

Sharifu
August 11th, 2014, 04:21 AM
Ok, so I'll start sketching soon, and I'll finish Nala sometime tomorrow.

UPDATE: Ok guys, just letting you know my progress. I already drew her and inked her, she is ready to be scanned into the computer so I can color her. But since it is currently almost 2:00 am, I am going to go to bed now and finish in the morning. After I have my breakfast I'll get back to work. ;)

Sharifu
August 11th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to make sure people realized I finished Nala. :lol: Here she is! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/birdygirl85/NalaSmall_zpsb8a62926.png

KanuTGL
August 11th, 2014, 08:39 PM
She looks fantastic! :)

Fweee, all characters have been handed in! Amazing work, everyone, you've made hosting this collab so easy, haha! :D Now I shall get to making a nice background and you should be able to see the final result in the next few days!

Kirauni
August 11th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Yes, really nice work!
Too bad Mufasa didn't hand in her Nala in time, but now we finally have all characters. Thanks again, everyone!

Now off you go, Kanu. As I said earlier, I'm very curious on what you make out of them. :thinks:

PS: And yes... thank you very much for bringing up this project, Kanu!

Sharifu
August 11th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Thanks for organizing this Kanu, I'm sure you'll make a great background. Looking forward to it. :)

Leorgathar
August 11th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Woo hoo! Finally all the characters are in :cheese: I really look forward to see the full picture. I'm sure it'll look awesome and rewarding :)

King Simba
August 11th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Yes, thanks for organising this, Kanu! And great work with Nala, Audra. I can't wait to see the finished product. :D

And of course, great work everyone. ;)

Vidan
August 12th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Everything looks great, guys. I'm looking forward to seeing the final result.

Azerane
August 12th, 2014, 04:38 AM
I'm super excited to see the end result :D

KanuTGL
August 13th, 2014, 07:15 PM
The collab... is finished! :wow:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/225/3/e/leahalalela20thanniversarycollab_sm_by_kanutgl-d7v0h37.jpg

Again, thank you all so much for participating! It was a true joy to work with all of your beautiful art and I really hope you like the outcome!

Here is a link to the full-size image also, as a lot of details get lost in the resized version: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/225/8/a/leahalalela20thanniversarycollab_by_kanutgl-d7v0h4r.jpg :3

nathalie
August 13th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Wauw you guys, that came out so amazing!!

s-tlk
August 13th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Looks great, worth for the 20th anniversary. I like the characters and the blurring Pride Rock in the background very much. :-)

Now we need to wait for 5 more years when the next big celebration is coming up. ^^

Sharifu
August 13th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Oh wow, that was fast! You did a beautiful job Kanu on the background and shading, amazing! So glad to be apart of this. :D Everyone did an amazing job!

Azerane
August 13th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Oh, wow! It looks absolutely incredible! You did a stunning job on the background Kanu. I can't believe it's all come together, you'd almost think that we'd planned it out it works so perfectly! So awesome :D

Sharifu
August 13th, 2014, 08:03 PM
I'm using it as my desktop... So awesome looking! Yay! :D

Leorgathar
August 13th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Whoooa!! :wow: Seriously Kanu, what an amazing job you did there! all from the lighting to the blurring in the background, and the character positioning (It looks as if we all had agreed on the character positions previously :p ) Thanks a lot for organizing this, I LOVE the result :D

Also, sorry for missing on saying this before, but great job with Nala, Audra, she looks very cute :)

King Simba
August 13th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Looks amazing! You did a great job with the background, and all the characters are placed perfectly. :D Great job Kanu and great job everyone! It's been a pleasure. ;)

Sharifu
August 13th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the comments on Nala guys. There's a couple little things that bother me a little bit about the way I drew her, (and of course I didn't really notice it until I colored her) but for the most part I am fairly happy with her. I like how I did her eyes... :p

Kanu, are you eventually planning to post the final picture on your Deviantart account? Just when I do post my characters on my TLKFAA account, I want to link to the final picture with descriptions of who drew each character. No rush or anything, but I'm curious. I am sure that is what you are planning on doing though.

KanuTGL
August 13th, 2014, 09:23 PM
Thanks, guys, I'm glad you like the final result! It's as much your efforts as mine :D I've been on such an art kick over the last couple of days, so finishing this felt surprisingly easy... xD

And Audra, yes, I'm planning to post it on dA shortly. I'm mainly debating how many watermarks to put on it, because it feels like something that might start circulating around and I remember when someone had taken the 15th anniversary collab and sold it as a cake print on eBay... But I don't want to make it look not-pretty either, so I have a bit of a dilemma there. The most important thing is that you guys can see and access the "proper" version though, since you took part in making it, hehe.

Sharifu
August 13th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Of course, of course. With how good this looks, it would be a good idea to watermark it... If anyone should make this into a cake, we should. :lol: Oh the things we find on ebay, haha. I've definitely seen TLK fanart being used on different items on ebay.

Leorgathar
August 13th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Ah yes, I remember that cake print :rolleyes: Surely this new collab looks tempting as well for stealing. But yes, I agree that it would look great on a cake... OUR cake xD
This gets me thinking that I should watermark my characters too, yeah, I'll go do that xP

Vidan
August 14th, 2014, 01:01 AM
Great work, Kanu. I love the background and shading. Everything looks cohesive, it all fits together.

I'm still interesting in making a new theme that incorporates the artwork into the header, as I mentioned before. I don't suppose you could adapt what you already have into a header that is no more than, say, 400px high by 1920px wide? I was playing with a 20th anniversary header last month which used the entire browser width, and I've attached it here. Maybe you could do something similar. Not to create extra work for you, of course, but there'd be the side benefit that we could all see the collaboration every time we log in to the site. :zazuevil2:

HasiraKali
August 14th, 2014, 02:17 AM
That came out awesome! :D

Kasei
August 14th, 2014, 03:42 AM
Aw, it came out awesome! Sad I missed the boat on this one, great job everyone!

Leorgathar
August 14th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Aww it would have been great if you had joined us, but it won't be the only collab art we'll be doing, I'm sure, and we can still do art secret santas, those never get old :)

Kirauni
August 14th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Kanu, that's really amazing work!
I totally second what the others said. You did a wonderful job with putting everything together and I also love the background. It's so great to see how all fits perfectly.

Yeah, I could imagine this on a Lea birthday cake as well. *gg*

Again, great work everyone! Maybe Vidan and Kanu really work something out for our banner. Would be a great opportunity :)

Azerane
August 14th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Aww it would have been great if you had joined us, but it won't be the only collab art we'll be doing, I'm sure, and we can still do art secret santas, those never get old :)

Good reminding! I will organise the Christmas one shortly :)

Kossu
August 14th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Kanu,you really did a fantastic work putting the pieces together!The background is very neatly done and detailed and beautifully blends with the characters.:)
Indeed it seems like the poses were planned out,it is a pleasant surprise how well they all fit together.
Great work everyone!I'm truly happy I got the chance to participate in this beautiful collab.=D

cleargreenwater
August 14th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Holy crap, lookit it! :D That's awesome! This was planned out before everyone drew? Because it seriously is tapping into a hive mind if it wasn't, that's downright freakish if that's how it just happened to turn out.

KanuTGL
August 14th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Thanks again, all ^^

And it is just how it happened to turn out, CGW :lol: The only deliberate choice was to make Mufasa fit with Sarabi, I think. And I knew I wanted to have Scar glaring at Simba, but otherwise there was no plan for the layout. Though perhaps we all subconsciously decided on fitting poses as we started to see how other characters were drawn :P

I'll work on that header, Vidan! Give me a day or so and I should have it ready for you :3

Sharifu
August 14th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Well you did place Nala where I was thinking of placing her, that's what I had in mind, her glancing up at her mother. Even though I knew you might do something else with her, but you got what I was going after. :lol: But I was able to do that because Nala was the last character that needed to be drawn.

Vidan
August 14th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Sounds great. I look forward to it. Thanks. :zazusmile:

Guntur
August 14th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Amazing amazing tribute to one of the best animated movie and the best 2d animation movie of all time.

:cheese: :D

I love it all. =)

KanuTGL
August 16th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Sorry for the delay!

Here is a suggestion for the theme header:
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/228/a/6/collabheader_by_kanutgl-d7ve404.png

I made 400px tall and the same proportions as the Lion Guard header. Hope it gives you something to work with, at least :p

Guntur
August 16th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Ah Nicely done Kanu, so we're getting another green theme? It's been a while since I used Hakuna Matata theme.

Azerane
August 16th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Oooh, yes, can it be green?! Please oh please can it be green?! :D

Vidan
August 22nd, 2014, 12:05 AM
Sorry for the delay!

Here is a suggestion for the theme header:
I made 400px tall and the same proportions as the Lion Guard header. Hope it gives you something to work with, at least :p

Sorry it's taken me awhile to get back to you. :zazusorry: (I was looking at the header on Monday while I was at work but then got pulled away.)

The header looks good and I think I can definitely work with it. I'd sort of had in mind a header that took the entire screen width on a 1080p screen, but honestly it doesn't matter as long as it's used and a new theme materializes. :zazutiming: I'll start working on the color scheme and perhaps new icons if it's warranted, but then I'll need to get Sadiki to upload the image assets. Expect something soon.

Thanks so much for doing that. :zazupleased:

KanuTGL
August 22nd, 2014, 08:48 AM
Yeah, I know you mentioned that, but not everyone has that large a screen, so I wanted them to be able to see the entire header too, hehe. Unless the theme will be responsive of course, in which case I could see if I could make it work for that kind of resolution. I'm not quite sure if I could though without changing the composition a lot/creating a lot more work for myself... I did try to crop the image as-is for 1920x400px, but it didn't look great :cringe:

Anyway, I'm glad this is something you can work with, and I look forward to seeing the theme :D

Vidan
August 24th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Actually, my idea original behind the header was that even if it were cut off on the sides due to the window being narrower than 1920px, the title and other text would still be centered and visible on the screen, as would have been the case with my draft header:

Even so, it's not a big deal either way. I'm going to be pretty busy this week, so I'm not sure when I'll have a new theme done. Currently, I'm playing with just modifying the Lion Guard theme slightly, with a darker color pallete. If there's a need, we can revisit the header resolution later.

Vidan
August 29th, 2014, 03:24 AM
The new Lion Guard theme is now live. You can select it with the style chooser popup menu on the bottom left corner of every page.

You guys wanted more green, and a 20th anniversary theme, so hopefully both have been delivered. I couldn't find one color that integrated the title image and the navbar seamlessly, so I just went with a little color variation, and a semi-transparent sort of leaf pattern that I ended up extending to most headers.

The icons are the same from the Lion Guard theme. It's important to note that I've been meaning to upload some new icons that would affect both this and the Lion Guard theme, as some of the current icons are a bit wonky or simply weren't updated from the default Lea icon set. Somehow during re-arranging stuff in my room, the flash drive those updates were on was misplaced. I'll either upload them when I find the drive or just redo them when I have time.

If you guys have any suggestions for improvement, let me know.

I can change the default Lea theme so new members or people who haven't changed their default theme will see it automatically, but I want to be sure that's something you guys would want.

EDIT: The title image might not appear centered currently, but I'm working on the issue.

EDIT 2: The title image should now be centered on all browsers, including Internet Explorer. (Same should be the case with other themes.)

Additionally, I know there was some concern about our artwork being used elsewhere, so I added some text in the page footer (this theme only):

The title image is a collaboration between members of this forum, assembled by our very own KanuTGL. Please do not use elsewhere without our express permission. This site is a not-for-profit fan project and no copyright infringement is intended. Please contact the webmaster (http://leahalalela.net/sendmessage.php) in the event something seems amiss.

Sharifu
August 29th, 2014, 06:25 AM
Looks impressive. :D I do kind of wish the image was 1920px wide for the banner, since I see the blue "bars" on the side, but I know that would create a lot more work for Kanu and I understand if she doesn't want to do that and/or have the time to do that. Would even be neater if there was the sky in the background too. But again I know that would create a lot of work to make that image.

But I do think this looks good, good job Vidan. I like the green theme.

Kirauni
August 29th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Yes, that's great work!
The colors look nice and I really like the banner.

The only thing I noticed is that the activity stream (http://www.leahalalela.net/activity.php) looks a bit off, when profile pictures are too big. I don't know if it's just my browser. I didn't have the time to check other browsers than firefox yet. It looks okay on the default red Lea style, so I guess it must be something with the settings. Probably the style variables for the activity stream. But then again, I could be wrong. Just my first guess.

I also see the two "blue" bars, like Sharifu. We could solve this by adding a repeating background with a slithly green and blue touch behind the actual banner. It would look a little bit off, beacause we can hardly make it fit the grass' color. But I think it might look a little bit nicer than the two blue bars. What do you think?

Other than that, awesome work, Vidan!

Edit: and maybe you could change the font in the editor to match the style? I mean the font when I'm writing a posting. :)

Edit 2: And about the little disclaimer: Good thinking! The only thing is that sendmessage.php is missing the "www" before "leahalalela.net". The link works, but if you use the domain without the www the user will get a different cookie and therefor not stay logged in. That might confuse people. So it's best to use the www for the URL :)

KanuTGL
August 29th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Neat! I really like the little leaf pattern on the 20th Anniversary theme :)

But, yeah, the header doesn't transition very nicely, haha. I still doubt I could crop it to 1920px width without having to rearrange the group (which I don't really feel like doing), but I might see if I can patch up the grass to be wider, or if not that, at least make the transition between the image and the backgrond a little smoother... Watch this space.

Edit:

Here's your big massive 1920px header :zazugo_on: :p

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/241/6/9/collabheader1920_by_kanutgl-d7x3q4s.png

Vidan
August 29th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Thanks, Kanu. It looks great. Sadiki tried uploading the new image in place of the old one but there are some issues with the image not being centered correctly, even after I did what I could beforehand to ensure all titles were centered across the site. So, I'll have to work out that issue before the new title image goes live.

Kirauni, I'll look into the issues you mentioned. Thanks.

EDIT:

The only thing I noticed is that the activity stream (http://www.leahalalela.net/activity.php) looks a bit off, when profile pictures are too big.

Fixed.

I also see the two "blue" bars, like Sharifu. We could solve this by adding a repeating background with a slithly green and blue touch behind the actual banner. It would look a little bit off, beacause we can hardly make it fit the grass' color. But I think it might look a little bit nicer than the two blue bars. What do you think?

I addressed the issue of the bars. I had added a margin to the top since the top links were nearly flush with the "Lea Halalela" title text, which is where the blue bars were coming from. I could do something like you described eventually if we feel like the links need a bit more space, but for now I'll leave good enough alone.

Edit: and maybe you could change the font in the editor to match the style? I mean the font when I'm writing a posting.

I'd have to dig through the templates to change the font exactly, as it doesn't seem to reflect the associated style variable, but at least it's a sans-serif font now. This change is also reflected in the Lion Guard theme.

Edit 2: And about the little disclaimer: The only thing is that sendmessage.php is missing the "www" before "leahalalela.net".

Fixed.

EDIT 2:

Another technical note: due to the nature of the method I used to center the title image regardless of window width, the clickable area to take you back "Home" will most likely be smaller than the window width. Currently it's 800px wide. If I made it wider that might affect rendering of the page for those viewing the page at a low resolution or a smaller window.

King Simba
September 1st, 2014, 09:02 AM
I'm currently using the 20th Anniversary theme. It looks great! :D Awesome work, Vidan, and to you too of course, Kanu. ;)

Sharifu
September 1st, 2014, 10:05 PM
Yes, I'm using too. It's really awesome looking. :D Thanks Kanu for making a bigger header, and Vidan for putting it all together. I really think it looks fantastic and shows off the artwork of the artists of Lea. ;)

Guntur
September 3rd, 2014, 08:08 AM
I'm using the 20th Anniversary theme, It look great and such. But for me it took me a while to get use with the color scheme of the forum. Right now I used to it YAY. \o/

Kirauni
September 3rd, 2014, 08:16 AM
Yes, great work on those fixes, too. Thanks, Vidan!

Vidan
September 3rd, 2014, 04:43 PM
Does anyone have any objection to me making it the default theme for the site? We might as well embrace a new decade, even if it's almost half over. :zazuwink: (If you've selected something other than the current default, you'd still see your selected theme on your computer/device until you pick something else.)

Sharifu
September 3rd, 2014, 06:15 PM
I don't have an objection to that, I like that idea. :D

HasiraKali
September 4th, 2014, 12:42 AM
I have no objection to that either.

Now... what else can we make themes for? :lol:

Guntur
September 4th, 2014, 03:31 AM
I have no objection, count me in. I think the vote going to be like 100% in no time.

Vidan
September 5th, 2014, 01:33 AM
I'll go ahead and make that adjustment now.

It's probably about time that I stopped de-railing this thread with talk about the theme. :zazuinnocent: In any case, I'm really glad this collaboration was a success and that we can immortalize by putting it on the top of every page.