PDA

View Full Version : Drowning the Sorrow

Guntur
June 1st, 2014, 03:51 PM
I know this might not be the perfect place or thread to pun on but it's rather.... an adult topic to talk on.

Does anyone here trying to drown their blues or sorrow through drinking? I do, I'm am depressed at the moment from what has been happening today. Just bought couple of beer just to ease my thoughts at the moment.

I'm sure some of you folks been in this position but what are you doing to drown your sorrow over a bad day?

nathalie
June 1st, 2014, 04:32 PM
I do have an occasional drink, but usually when it's a special occasion, and not more then 2-3 usually. I get very sleepy when I drink too much, lol.

So I can't really comment on the fact of "drinking away your sorrows".
Go out and do something. I know how hard that is when you are feeling so down and depressed, I live those moments weekly.
I try to listen to music, play a game on PC or my Wii, try to watch something on TV that I have recorded over the past days, try and keep busy.

I really don't think drinking is a solution.
If you drink too much, probably only results in a hang-over the next morning, and who really wants to feel miserable again the next morning because of the drinking, instead of waking up to a brand new day.

ThiagoPE
June 1st, 2014, 05:10 PM
I donīt think this is a good way for solving your problems.

If the problem has a solution, you must go for and fight for it. If the problem has not a solutionm you that will have to adapt yourself to this new reality.

Beciming brooze is just a way of forgeting them, which will Always come back soon or later.

Guntur
June 1st, 2014, 09:22 PM
It's not a problem at all, it just I joined a competition and they had to cancel my set because it was getting late. So I rather disappoint over what happened there but things happens anyway. and I was there kinda early and leave after they end the show.

Juniper
June 2nd, 2014, 01:58 AM
Not a good idea to fall into the habit of drinking to drown your sorrows. It's fun as heck at first, you can basically turn off all your troubles all for the low low price of a crappy few hours the next morning. Then you may start doing it more and more until a couple years later you have yellow eyes and a sharp pain in your upper right quadrant. If you do go that path, at least drink no more than 5 drinks in one sitting, take lots of vitamin E, and don't make important life plans past 50 or so years old.

Having a good distraction such as a hobby, a girlfriend, or at least a less-harmful recreational drug are all better options. If you have depression problems or trouble dealing with life's disappointments, a doctor or a therapist is your best bet.

Guntur
June 2nd, 2014, 02:27 PM
Not a good idea to fall into the habit of drinking to drown your sorrows. It's fun as heck at first, you can basically turn off all your troubles all for the low low price of a crappy few hours the next morning. Then you may start doing it more and more until a couple years later you have yellow eyes and a sharp pain in your upper right quadrant. If you do go that path, at least drink no more than 5 drinks in one sitting, take lots of vitamin E, and don't make important life plans past 50 or so years old.

I have to agree with all the posters here, It was a hard night yesterday with dealing outside of the event and end up cancelling the end portion of the event and generally everyone is tired including me. for me I disappoint on that one but he said he will help me out about my entry for the yearly competition.

It would probably my last shot on drinking on my sorrow but I can't promise this will be the end, I know something vicious will come in the future. Since life is hard generally.

ThiagoPE
June 2nd, 2014, 02:55 PM
I hope you indeed make this the last one.

Enviado de meu GT-S7273T usando Tapatalk

Lweek
December 20th, 2014, 05:07 AM
I never in my life drowned sorrow in alcohol.

My several past years hasn't been very happy. It's paradox It somehow learned me to limit drinking. I never been so much into drinking anyway. Mostly occasionally with friends. I'm lonely recent four years and so I have nobody to drink with plus not in the right mood so I've almost stopped. x) I refuse drinking any alcohol except beer or wine now. Sometimes I do drink mix wit beer with banana juice during playing games or watching movies. But it is almost alcohol free .. it has got about 1% of alcohol. :D

A Balanced Breakfast
June 6th, 2016, 04:20 PM
I know this thread is probably dead by now, but I would like to give the way I tend to handle sorrow. I tend to hold onto it and use it as fuel to push myself harder in everything I do. And when I've achieved something, then I finally choose to let it go. It's a different method and has some side effects that certainly don't make it for everybody, but it's helped me accomplish a lot.