PDA

View Full Version : Big Hero 6

Azerane
May 22nd, 2014, 11:01 PM
So there's finally a proper teaser trailer for this movie :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpkheNP6xFs

KanuTGL
May 23rd, 2014, 05:38 PM
I'm... actually not interested in this film at all. I've never been one for super hero stories and the animation here is so bland; they move just like every other 3D character ever. Nothing new or original there. I'll just keep waiting for the next feature, I guess :zazusorry: This is one of those that I'll need to hear a lot of glowing reviews for before I see it, haha.

Sharifu
May 24th, 2014, 05:38 PM
I'm not one for super hero movies either... Sometimes I feel like I am the only one that feels that way. :lol: I'll probably still see it though, since it is by Disney.

Azerane
May 27th, 2014, 08:41 AM
It doesn't hold a particular interest for me either as I'm not big on superheroes (so excited about HTTYD 2 next month) but I just love seeing new animated movies. You are correct though Kanu, about the animation with 3D always being the same. Still, I can't help but just want to see it. I'm a child :p

Guntur
May 27th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Super Hero movies, Disney film production, this just reminds me of The Incredible and Suki. :lol: :evilgrin:

I'm not into visual or movies anymore, but nonetheless it looks cool for me, I like it and reserve judgement till it release.

Miss Mandz
August 7th, 2014, 06:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3biFxZIJOQ

KanuTGL
October 15th, 2014, 08:31 AM
So this was just released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9PxOanFjxQ

I'm still not very hyped about Big Hero 6, but if this song says anything about the tone of the film I must say that I'm a bit more intrigued.

Raize
October 16th, 2014, 12:55 AM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE superhero films. I've suffered through the awful (Howard the Duck, Green Lantern, Superman Returns, X-Men 3, Spider-man 3), and fell in love with the great ones (Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, Winter Soldier, X-2).

...but this. I... I want to be interested in it. But, I'm just not. Although, movies I feel that way about, I eventually tend to like. I didn't give Meet the Robinsons a chance when it came out, but I love that movie now :) ...but then again, I didn't give Chicken Little a chance either, and that turned out to be a VERY good call on my part -.-

So idk, not a theater movie for me.

Leorgathar
October 16th, 2014, 11:51 PM
It's not catching my interest either, for pretty much all the reasons already stated xP (although that song was pretty good). And if I watch it, I'd rather watch it in English, so I'd probably have to wait until I can rent it or watch it on Netflix.

Buuut, if there was a reason for me to buy a movie ticket for watching it on the theatre, this would be it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbAYLAbhyxc

Yep, that's a new animated short by the same guys who did Paperman, using a similar, beautiful cel-shading style :D It is supposed to show right before Big Hero 6, just like with Pixar's shorts. I really look forward to see this one.

King Simba
October 17th, 2014, 07:30 AM
I'm not interested in it either, if I'm honest, although I must say that song is pretty good.

But that new animated short looks much more intriguing, I look forward to seeing it too. :)

Vidan
October 18th, 2014, 03:05 AM
The connection to Marvel isn't particularly interesting to me, but I wouldn't mind seeing this one, if only because I'm partial to robots.

I've suffered through the awful (Howard the Duck, Green Lantern, Superman Returns, X-Men 3, Spider-man 3)

I liked Howard the Duck. But then I saw it when I was a kid, not long after it came out, so maybe I haven't processed just how campy it probably is. I'll agree with Superman Returns and Spiderman 3. Spiderman 3, especially, was just way too long for its own good.

cleargreenwater
November 3rd, 2014, 12:58 PM
I have become intrigued by this one and find myself really wanting to see it now that it's out. IDK why, I'm not a superheroes person either.

It just looks squishy.

Sadiki
November 7th, 2014, 09:22 PM
I know CGW.. I feel the same way, I just want to poke that thing, what ever it is. :lol: And the movie came out today. Not going to go to the movies in Friday though... maybe sometime next week or the week after.

Leorgathar
November 20th, 2014, 07:03 AM
Okaaay so I finally decided to go give it a chance. I just came back from watching it.
I gotta say that it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, I actually liked it in some aspects. It has some good comedy and action sequences, and the stylish American-Japanese hybrid city of Sanfransokyo (awful name, I know xP) actually managed to impress me, so it's worth it if you're going for the visuals.

Buuut of course, the story has its flaws. I felt that the plot was too conventional, it feels like I've already seen this movie somewhere. The villain was just... not memorable at all (and quite literally, I don't even remember his name -.-). And there are a few scenes I thought were unnecessary, especially during the climax.
I think this is like Disney's answer to Dreamworks for How to Train Your Dragon, it does have many similarities come to think of it, but if I had to choose, I definitely stay with HTTYD :hehe: they just know better how to handle the plot, in my opinion. Still, if you like superhero movies, good action sequences, and some cute humor, then it's worth a watch.

On a different note, the short film before the movie rolled, Feast, was absolutely adorable! :cs_love: I do recommend that one... when it's available on Youtube or something, that is xD

Azerane
December 27th, 2014, 05:18 AM
I just saw this today. As a side-note, the animated short The Feast was absolutely awesome :p The movie itself I liked more than I expected. Admittedly I'm a little tired of the superhero thing, but this felt both fresh in some ways, and tired and used in others.

I won't say too much, but the relationship between Hero and Baymax is a really nice one, and there was a lot of very enjoyable humour. Overall, I really liked it, and I would recommend a watch. Then again, I'm one of those heathens that didn't really like Guardians of the Galaxy (when everybody else loved it), so take it with a grain of salt. :D

This Land
January 23rd, 2015, 08:25 PM
Just watched it now, was very good indeed :D

I was skeptical about it with the trailer and all, but i was very wrong xD Really loved it :D

*fist bump* "Badelalalalalala" :P

KanuTGL
January 29th, 2015, 05:29 PM
I've seen it now too and I agree with what has been said above. Conventional and very familiar in a lot of ways, but fresh and interesting in others.

I liked the relationships between the main characters a lot; it felt like they'd put very much thought into them and done something that actually felt pretty genuine. The villain was pretty forgettable, but none the less it was nice that they'd given him the motivation that he had. There seems to be a bit of a trend recently to make villains more interesting than "they're just evil" in animation, which is really cool!

There is a lot of great character- and effects animation in Big Hero 6 too. I have more faith that WDAS are still top of the line in feature animation now. Phew :P

So overall I actually liked it. I'm a whole lot more impressed by this one compared to Frozen, for sure!

Leorgathar
February 23rd, 2015, 04:27 AM
Alright, so Big Hero 6 won the Oscar after all!

I would lie if I said I wasn't a bit disappointed (I think HTTYD2 deserved it more), but I have to admit maybe I was a bit too judgemental the first time I saw it. Maybe the Spanish dub being so annoying influenced somehow, I don't know. But I did like all the good aspects of this film, especially the production design, visually it's very beautiful. I liked how they portrayed Hiro's depression and anger after losing his brother, that was really touching. And that thing I said about the villain... Well, I guess the same can be said about Drago in HTTYD2, but it's true that at least they both had a big motivation. I wish I had seen it in that light the first time around ><.

I still didn't feel it was the best animated film of the year, but I didn't hate it, I do think it was a good film. I still applaud the creators' work on it and congratulate them for their win.
Still, I would really love if the Academy could give a chance to non-Disney/Dreamworks movies. I haven't seen Song of the Sea or The Tale of Princess Kaguya, but I would have been both surprised and pleased if any of those had won

Guntur
February 23rd, 2015, 05:48 PM
Hmm, Should I read the comics? I'm absolutely turned into Cinephobia and have no interesting watching any movie.

The original comics looks really cool and much more action oriented.

I like 616 Baymax

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090418152752/marveldatabase/images/b/b7/Baymax_%28Earth-616%29.png