PDA

View Full Version : YES, I am nuts!

nathalie
May 17th, 2014, 02:35 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/23vn47q.jpg

big bottles: strawberry/kiwi - lemon - red fruits - tropical (all 4 from France)
little bottles: orange (Malta) - orange (Spain) - orange (Belgium) - fruit twist (UK) - red fruits (UK) - peach/abricots (UK)
cans: agrumes (Belgium) - fruit twist (UK) - exotic (Denmark) - orange (Denmark) - mango/passionfruit (Belgium + UK can) - grape - strawberry

ThiagoPE
May 17th, 2014, 06:25 PM
I wish we had all those flavors here too.

Enviado de meu XT687 usando Tapatalk

nathalie
May 17th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Well, the 4 big bottles came from France.
A few of the little bottles and cans come from night-shops (run by foreigners) and they always get Fanta from other countries (the green can is from Denmark).

And a few other bottles/cans are from a grocery store who now have an isle with foods from different parts of the world.
Like, Asia, UK, Thailand, etc ... so some are from the UK.

The 3rd bottle from the left is our Belgian orange Fanta.
Look at how light the color is.
The bottle on the left next to it, is the Spanish Fanta, it's much darker in color.

I'm such a freak :p

Guntur
May 17th, 2014, 08:13 PM
I know there's a few bottle of Fanta over here, but I only recognize half of em sadly.

And yes Nathalie, I know... I know :scarunfair:

http://www.bloomberg.com/image/iDxsHUKXA5s4.jpg

nathalie
May 17th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Is that Malaysian fanta? Or some knock-off? Hehe

Guntur
May 17th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Yes it's some kind of South East Asian Fanta, you can say it's a knockoff too. :lol:

It's a English-Singaporean brand. It was huge over here in SEA until Fanta re-emerged again since 2008. My dad loves it though.

To be honest I never a fan of Fanta since I didn't experience it since I was a kid. Maybe I should try it someday. My old man loves this brand though, I'm glad his distance cousin gave him couple of bottles during eid last year.

Now it's time to bring back Pepsi 325ml glass bottle. :scarslipped:

nathalie
May 17th, 2014, 08:50 PM
I don't like just any Fanta Orange. Ours is much more smooth, a lot less bubbles in it aswell.
The German & French are much darker in color, and have much more bubbles, like, when you drink it, keep it in your mouth, it'll just dissapear in your mouth and turns into air.

Dare
May 17th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Eh, everyone collects something. I once had a roommate who was obsessed with Mountain Dew. Dew...dew EVERYWHERE! Seriously.

...and now I have this song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEwrKVoEHCc) stuck in my head.
Honestly, before that commercial came out, I had no idea Fanta even existed.

*adjusts glasses*
Does that bottle say "cool ice cream soda"? I am intrigued.

nathalie
May 18th, 2014, 04:09 AM
I don't really collect it, although, I did collect the empty cans years ago.
Fanta is just my favorite soda, since, forever.
So I find it odd that you never heard of it, while I've been drinking it for 25 years, lol.
I got these with every intention to drink them, but I only have 1 of each, so I'm a bit hesitant, haha :lol:

HasiraKali
May 18th, 2014, 06:01 AM
I think of you every time I see the apple Fanta at Taco Cabana. I've never seen it in a machine anywhere else. Club Cool at Epcot has a melon Fanta too. Think of you and your Fanta obsession every time. ;)

nathalie
May 18th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Lolz.
Am I allowed to bring back cans in my suitcase?

Azerane
May 18th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Wow, that's a lot of different Fanta flavours, personally though, I prefer Sunkist :p

nathalie
May 18th, 2014, 10:20 AM
*hmm* Sunkist sounds so familiar to me ... but I just cannot place it ...

For some reason I believe it was the same as this brand, or owned by it, or something, I *know* that name ... annoying ... haha

http://www.cafes-storme.be/456-711-thickbox/capri-sun-orange-15x33cl.jpg

Guntur
May 18th, 2014, 11:27 AM
*adjusts glasses*
Does that bottle say "cool ice cream soda"? I am intrigued.

Oh yes, Oh yes, OOOHHHHHH YYYYEEEESSSSS :cheese:

Azerane
May 18th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Sunkist is the same as Fanta, just a different brand: http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/sunkist_old.jpg

Here in Australia, wherever Coke is sold you get Coke, Fanta, Lift (lemon), and Sprite
But wherever Pepsi is sold you get Pepsi, Sunkist, Solo (lemon) and Moutain Dew.

nathalie
May 18th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Yeah, same over here, where there's Cola, there's Fanta & Sprite.
Where there's Pepsi, there's 7up and "yellow lemonade" haha.

I think I may have seen it then last time we were at Pizzahut! Because they do Pepsi & 7up.

Guntur
May 18th, 2014, 11:42 AM
We have Coca Cola, Pepsi, F&N, Mt Dew, Kickapoo, Sprite, 7Up, And few stuff I forgot.

According to Wikipedia we only have three flavor for Fanta, which is Orange, Grape, Strawberry.

I'm going to try Grape later on for tonight dinner or tomorrow night.

nathalie
May 18th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Basicly in Belgium there is no 7up (you can find it though, but it's definatly not bigger then Sprite).
It's more of a Netherlands thing.
But it's been waving over to here, like Pepsi is becoming a good equel for Cola now for the past few years.

But Pizzahut is an American brand, and most American-related restaurants over here do use the Pepsi & 7up mix.
Not McDonalds though, they got the Cola & Fanta mix.

KanuTGL
May 18th, 2014, 05:32 PM
They're so colourful... It's like a Fanta rainbow :lol:

nathalie
May 18th, 2014, 05:38 PM
And tasty :D

Ya'll should send me one of your country :p

HasiraKali
May 19th, 2014, 02:10 AM
Coke and Fanta are together because Coke owns Fanta. ;)

Azerane
May 19th, 2014, 03:47 AM
I know that :p

nathalie
May 19th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Haha, now you mention it, I know it again, lol, since cola is written on the cans/bottles.

HasiraKali
May 20th, 2014, 12:36 AM
It's just always funny to me when people get pissed off that they can't get Sprite at a place that sells Pepsi products.

ThiagoPE
May 20th, 2014, 01:24 AM
Here in brazil, as the production of sodas is localized in each state/region, you may find here some kind of sodas but in other states no, and vice versa, some are "imported" from other states. one example is the passion fruit fanta, it even being sold here in Pernambuco, the can have a writing that says it were produced in Alagoas or Rio Grande do norte and because of that is much hard find it here.

Guntur
December 28th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Hey, uh... I just want to have a little chat about Fanta, it might be off random and a little offensive but I'm going to say it anyway.

Nathalie, I know there's a lot of confusion about Fanta origin right? For me it just funny because I read this article by saying "Fanta was created in the World War 2 Germany's government not by the Germany government"

I believe the argument all is kinda nuts and are just out of proportion. Well it's kinda like a blind man with an elephant. :lol::stick:-_-

nathalie
December 28th, 2014, 06:57 PM
It's a fact that Fanta is originally from Germany yes, somewhere in the 1940's, but I don't really know what year.

Guntur
December 28th, 2014, 07:15 PM
It's a fact that Fanta is originally from Germany yes, somewhere in the 1940's, but I don't really know what year.

1941, under the rule of Nazi Germany, the confusion started where some people think that The government endorsing or planning Fanta during the World War but it is incorrect, it just produce in Germany during that time. ;)

And I tried all Malaysian Flavor these past week, I have to say I only hooked on Grape flavor. Didn't like the rest.

Hmm, Maybe I should try imported version from Europe or North America.

nathalie
December 28th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Grape is one of my least flavours actually. It's kind of heavy on my stomach.

Actually, Fanta was made, because Germany couldn't get the supplies anymore from the US during the war, so they made their own thing, with ingredients they could use from Germany itself.

Since that photo, I think about 5 new flavours have been added, lolz.
Specially brought 2 back from the US, and find 3 new ones in France last week.

Guntur
December 28th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Oh, I would love to see an update Fanta picture. :cheese:

Yeap, you got it right, the confusion about government connection with Fanta sure is hilarious :lol:

You don't like Grapes? weird, For me that's the only taste that kicked in for me. I might try different international flavor and judge by that.

nathalie
December 28th, 2014, 07:46 PM
I don't have a new picture.
Bottles are everywhere right now :/

I got the Orange & Pineapple from America.
And I got a grapefruit one which I drank over there, as they didn't have that one in small bottles.

And from France I got something with Peach, and 2 new limited editions, one is with strawberry and something else, and can't remember the other one.

HasiraKali
December 29th, 2014, 07:08 AM
I didn't realize until I was at Burger King last week (long story), but their Coke Freestyle machines have like eight flavors of Fanta each. Cherry, lime, raspberry, orange, grape, fruit punch, peach, and strawberry I think.

Guntur
December 29th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I am generally aware that Burger King and few Fast Food chains have Fanta on their fountain.

Wonder if I go to Indonesia or Europe countries and could taste all the different flavor of Fanta.

nathalie
December 30th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Ugh, there was one "near" the hotel, but I just couldn't bother walk that "far", while McDonalds was just across the street, haha!