September 20th, 2004, 11:38 PM
We are all humans.

Shawchert
September 20th, 2004, 11:39 PM
i never said i wasn't but this is what i hate about human behaviour -_-

Xinithian
September 20th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Shawchert
i never said i wasn't but this is what i hate about human behaviour -_- I think that it all started back with early Europeans and their exaggerated stories about slaying "monsters" and considering slaying things to be heroic (gladiator battles, fables about heroic knights, etc). That's about the only thing I can think of. If you look at most other early nations, like early Africans, Native Americans or most others they never really did that stuff for fun.

ChancellorScar
September 20th, 2004, 11:46 PM
As long as there are atleast 2 people on earth, there wil always be hatred and war.

Xinithian
September 20th, 2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by ChancellorScar
As long as there are atleast 2 people on earth, there wil always be hatred and war. Mmmm... not necessarily. If you look at a lot of other tribes way back then, usually they remained peaceful. There were a couple of warring tribes, but for the most part they remained peaceful.

unregistered user
September 20th, 2004, 11:49 PM
You have a point there Xinithian.

Anyway.. *sigh* it's really sad Shawchert... :tears:

But I hate humans too, and not just because of this, though this is one of many reasons.

ShatteringGlass
September 20th, 2004, 11:49 PM
I don't like hunting, but at least those people who hunt follow the rules and regulations, and aren't illegally poaching animals

Shawchert
September 20th, 2004, 11:51 PM
i saw more than one site and all of them had one kind of illegal hunting..... ack and alll were just for the sport :(

Shawchert
September 20th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by ShatteringGlass
I don't like hunting, but at least those people who hunt follow the rules and regulations, and aren't illegally poaching animals

that caracal is illegal hunting if i gave you the right page >.<

ShatteringGlass
September 20th, 2004, 11:55 PM
that caracal is illegal hunting if i gave you the right page >.<

really, I didn't know that. I just assumed since it was a paid hunting safari company, they would follow the rules.

Shawchert
September 20th, 2004, 11:57 PM
really, I didn't know that. I just assumed since it was a paid hunting safari company, they would follow the rules.

actually i didn't see that htey used tranquilizers on this site lol <,< but there were a few other sites i don't really wanna look back that did have dead cats and rhinos and elephants etc. but still would you wanna be tranquilized? i mean it is better than being dead but put to sleep when someone feels like it?

Dare
September 21st, 2004, 12:03 AM
i mean it is better than being dead but put to sleep when someone feels like it?

Actually, I've been campaigning to allow the tranquing of human children, particularly when they're running wild through the library.
:evilgrin:

Shawchert
September 21st, 2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Wicked
Actually, I've been campaigning to allow the tranquing of human children, particularly when they're running wild through the library.
:evilgrin:

lmao well i don't think those little kids owuld like that either

Juniper
September 21st, 2004, 12:18 AM
*sigh* Humans tick me off. I've learned to expect it though, I'm not a very social person in RL becuz everyone, myself included sometimes, are only looking out for themselves and don't give a friggin damn about what they do effecting others or the environment (for the most part, there's some good people in the world).

unregistered user
September 21st, 2004, 01:57 AM
What I hate about humans? Is their egotistical maniacal endeavors to trophy-ize everything. The calculative discontinuity, sickens me to the fullest extent. Behavior like this, is in a debauchery sense or an indulgence act. Perhaps, developmental or genetical or under other circumstances. In any case, this can be eradicated by compassionate comprehension or social restructures in the human heart.

Juniper
September 21st, 2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Sonique21837?
What I hate about humans? Is their egotistical maniacal endeavors to trophy-ize everything. The calculative discontinuity, sickens me to the fullest extent. Behavior like this, is in a debauchery sense or an indulgence act. Perhaps, developmental or genetical or under other circumstances. In any case, this can be eradicated by compassionate comprehension or social restructures in the human heart.

Where is my friggin dictionary when I need it? :p

unregistered user
September 21st, 2004, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by pntbll248
Where is my friggin dictionary when I need it? :p

I ate it! :evilgrin:

lion_roog
September 21st, 2004, 06:03 AM
I don't hate anyone....but I also don't like hunting except for the purposes of survival.

I ate it!:evilgrin:

Don't worry, Paintball, he ate mine, too...:D

Shadow
September 21st, 2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Xinithian
We are all humans.

unfortshanly....yes http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/88.gif

unregistered user
September 21st, 2004, 04:29 PM

Ya know what's surprising is that I understood that, and that I agree with it too ^^

Nephilim
September 21st, 2004, 04:32 PM
Hm. You know... I really have nothing against humans. Just individuals. Am I the only person here proud to be human?

King Simba
September 21st, 2004, 05:58 PM
That's just terrible to see. Not all humans are bad though, just people like that. :grrr:

unregistered user
September 21st, 2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Nuka
Ya know what's surprising is that I understood that, and that I agree with it too ^^

Thanks! ^_^'

Nephilim
September 21st, 2004, 06:10 PM
Hunting for game= bad.
Hunting if needed= acceptable.
Culling= acceptable.

unregistered user
September 21st, 2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Hm. You know... I really have nothing against humans. Just individuals. Am I the only person here proud to be human?

I was pretty strong in saying I hate all humans earlier.. that's not true. I don't hate anyone. But I don't like them. They're boring, selfish, greedy, tyrants who care about nothing but themselves and satisfying their own needs and desires.

But, their are obviously some that are not like this *points at (hopefully) the people on this forum*

lion_roog
September 21st, 2004, 06:35 PM
But I don't like them. They're boring,...

:lol: That cracked me up...

....literally, I have to glue myself back together.:D

unregistered user
September 21st, 2004, 06:37 PM
I'm serious, humans are boring, they talk and talk and talk about stuff that pertains to themselves. I'm guilty of it too.

lion_roog
September 21st, 2004, 06:43 PM
I'm serious, humans are boring, they talk and talk and talk about stuff that pertains to themselves. I'm guilty of it too.

I agree.:cheese: I just thought it was funny that was your first peeve about humans.

For some reason this just popped into my head...

"For Starters, they stank. They're good for nothing tricksters: big booty waving thinking they can dance swindlers; Big nose breathing up all the white man's air..."

-Dave Chappell (Black White Supremacist)

unregistered user
September 21st, 2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by lion_roog
Dave Chappell

:gasp: :eek: :gasp: :eek: :gasp: :eek:

lion_roog
September 21st, 2004, 06:46 PM
:lol:

So, you have heard of him...:D

Dare
September 21st, 2004, 07:39 PM
Am I the only person here proud to be human?

No, you're not the only person.
:)

Nephilim
September 21st, 2004, 07:42 PM
Good to know. :) I was feeling somewhat out numbered.

lionloversam
September 21st, 2004, 07:47 PM
There is a game for the computer where in you are a bi-ped deer going around shooting hunters. Forget the name. Never played it.

lion_roog
September 21st, 2004, 08:01 PM
I hate all people, Imaginative or not...:p

Shadow
September 21st, 2004, 08:09 PM
the most i hate whit humans are....being one....have nothing agenst other humans...non hunters will say....

Shawchert
September 21st, 2004, 08:10 PM
i came along a bit strong tyesterday lol no i don't hate all humans just many of the human behavior, including sport hunting... it is ok if you kill for food but not ok to mount for no reason and leave the rest of the animal to rot....

ShatteringGlass
September 22nd, 2004, 02:53 AM
For some reason this just popped into my head...

"For Starters, they stank. They're good for nothing tricksters: big booty waving thinking they can dance swindlers; Big nose breathing up all the white man's air..."

-Dave Chappell (Black White Supremacist)

LOL:lol: Dave Chappelle cracks me up:lol:

lion_roog
September 22nd, 2004, 03:04 AM
LOL:lol: Dave Chappelle cracks me up:lol:

:lol: So does Conan O'Brien...*Donald Trump Impression*...:D

Xinithian
September 22nd, 2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by shadow
unfortshanly....yes http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/88.gif I think that in this dimension, it's better... but the afterlife, or the next dimension, being an animal would be cool because it might be something like TLK. But being an animal now in this dimension would not be fun.

Xinithian
September 22nd, 2004, 03:12 AM
Hm. You know... I really have nothing against humans. Just individuals. Am I the only person here proud to be human? I'm not proud, but I accept that I am and am content with that.

unregistered user
September 22nd, 2004, 03:18 AM
I'm an extra-terrestrial. o.O :idiot:

Xinithian
September 22nd, 2004, 03:22 AM
I'm an extra-terrestrial. o.O :idiot: http://students.washington.edu/jlovric/xeno1.gif

unregistered user
September 22nd, 2004, 03:27 AM
I don't "hate" anything except "hate" itself. My opinion on hunting is the same as Endless Night's opinion.

Xinithian
September 22nd, 2004, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by John
I don't "hate" anything except "hate" itself. My opinion on hunting is the same as Endless Night's opinion. Which was...

unregistered user
September 22nd, 2004, 03:37 AM
Which was...

Which was this:

Originally posted by Endless Night
This thread is bothering me.

You guys have every right to be outraged by hunting, but you should get your facts straight about hunting and conservation.

And at the risk of coming off as a total ***** but speaking as someone who's actually an active part of conservation in Africa, I can safely say SCI has done a hell of a lot more for wild life than any of you here *****ing about them.

Conservation has got nothing to do with one animal, it has to do with wild places. Because of trophy hunting the wild place is more valuable left as a wild place than clear cut for lumber or grazed by cattle. So by hunting one or two types of animals, you preserve a thousand other plants and animals. In Africa privately owned game 'preserves' where they allow trophy hunting are the largest undistrubed habitats for a variety of animals and how they are sustained. Government parks are another major player but they come and go with government stability and health and need income to maintain fences, staff, etc. that they often don't have.

It's true my speciality is Sable Antelope(which SCI have an appreciation for http://www.safariclubfoundation.org/sables/) but I know the true nature of conservation is that you have to save the whole. So people trophy hunt Sable in areas where the populations are stable enough to allow it, and that area is perpetuated as Sable habitat(and by extension all the other creatures that also live there) as long as it's profitable to leave it that way.

Trophy hunters pay big bucks to go and hunt on safari.
The people who outfit and service safaris are local people who have a steady income from it. That means they don't have to be lumberjacks, or farmers or depend on bush meat to survive. They stop being a factor of habitat loss.

Trophy hunting HELPS conservation. What wipes out species in this day and age isn't trophy hunting. It's local people in poverty who have to eat bushmeat(including endangered animal like primates and antelope) or starve, and have to be farmers to survive and so introduce livestock with foriegn disease and who over graze and out compete wildlife, and who are lumberers to make money and clear cut land. Anything that can create income for local people and preserve the wild place at the same time is a good thing not a bad thing.

At Phala Fala we encourage people to go on Safari armed with a camera not a gun, since you get the same benefits to the local economy and local wildlife without the death of an animal. But we know trophy hunters as a community are tremendous partners in conservation and preservation, and we vaue them for their efforts and conservation.

Commercial hunting ranches and canned hunting ranches are a different story, but they do help in a way. They provide clean blood lines for species survival programmes, who are otherwise desperately inbred. Although AZA zoos cannot buy animals from non-AZA sources, private donations of animal can be a lifeblood for animals with few in numbers in zoos. The Sable Antelope in North America is a good example of that dependance on private ranchers for viable new genetics. These ranches also provide animals for relocation back to their wild habitat, research into vetrinary care and taxoxnomy of animals to be applied in Parks and Zoos, and public awareness. Most animals on game farms live in better conditions and with a better level of care than in even the best zoos. Rather than live in a 1 acre paddock at a zoo harassed by people daily, they live in a 60-100 acre enclosure demormed and vaccinated once a year and otherwise left alone until shot.

I get so annoyed when people go off about trophy hunting without knowing the facts. And I get really annoyed by people who seem to play favs, like it's okay to hunt antelope but not say lions. Lion are so overpopulated they have to castrate them in zoos, and cull them in parks. I'd rather see someone come and hunt a lion, spending $8000 in the process that goes partly into the pockets of local people and keeping that wild place profitable, than a game warden in having to go out and shoot it because there's not enough room or food in the park. Same with a Sable or Zebra, or even a wolf, etc., in the same situation.

I will never trophy hunt, because that's my personal belief, but I'm not so ignorant I ignore the contribution trophy hunting makes to conservation/preservation.

Source:Safari Club International (http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1188)

lion_roog
September 22nd, 2004, 03:44 AM
Point Taken...:ayecapn:

Vidan
September 22nd, 2004, 04:31 PM
EN really widened my perspective on the issue of hunting. It's definitely tempting to wish that her statement 'Trophy hunting HELPS conservation' was not true, but, in the current economic climate, the money is needed in Africa to promote the quality of life for the native peoples, and, as a result, curb human overpopulation and prevent bushmeat hunting, which benefits the local wildlife population immensely.

I wish she were still on these forums. :(

Broken
September 22nd, 2004, 08:22 PM
I dislike our race. but not for this... if they are eating these animals then why worry? if it's just a game shoot 'em back...

My family hunts, but we use what we get from the animals Mainly white tail deer and phesant/bird... it's the game of life everyone does it. Lions, bears, spiders. the web of life type of crap.

unregistered user
September 22nd, 2004, 09:16 PM
I don't believe in hunting at all really, mainly because all we have to do is go to the grocery store and get something there. Yes, that is killing too. But the one at the grocery store are going to be killed anyway, the one in the woods has a chance.

idk, it's probably just me though.

If you couldn't get to a grocery store or didn't have money or anything.. than, that's different.

unregistered user
September 23rd, 2004, 07:24 AM
Speaking of grocery stores Nuka. Did you see that Travel Channel special on certain stores? OMG fudgin' eww, the delicatessen handlers, when they were packaging meat products and by products. This, is what they were doing; smoking, drinking, flicking the ashes in the assortments, scratching their arses and testicles, that and having no gloves on. I was like man, if I was there, if I seen that nauseating, vile act, my shoes sideways would leave an imprint the size of NY stadium. (and that's just being kind to the comparative, what I would really do) An outrage of enormous proportions would succumb. Well, anyway, back to comprehensively music listening.

lion_roog
September 23rd, 2004, 07:34 AM
Meh, as long as my meat tastes good....:D

unregistered user
September 23rd, 2004, 08:11 AM
Meh, as long as my meat tastes good....:D

A delightful Food Lion special. ^^ :D

lion_roog
September 24th, 2004, 08:36 AM
A delightful Food Lion special. ^^ :D

Never tried lion....:D

unregistered user
October 6th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Never tried lion....:D

Food Lion the grocery store. XD :bleen:

lion_roog
October 6th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Hmmm...well that would make more sense...

But I still want to try lion....even though I don't think the lion will appreciate it much, and it'll be difficult sneaking up on him......:D

CheshireCat
October 7th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Time for my opinion.

Hunting for sport isnt exactly the most productive or for that matter, logical thing in the world. Especially when you consider endangered species and dwendling populations.

Hunting for food however is perfectly fine by my standerds. Even the good book says that. (Animals were created to service man.)

Done.

lion_roog
October 8th, 2004, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
:yuck: That thought makes me feel sick LR, mate :yuck: ... Lion on a plate :( :eek: :yuck: !!! I know your were being funny, but I have a strange urge to beat anyone who wants to do that seriously senseless. Not a nice thought >.<...

I didn't say I wanted to eat it...just try it....you know....take a little nibble of the tail or ear while they were sleeping....that's why I say I don't think they'll appreciate it...I never appreciated my guinea pig taking a nibble of me.....:D

Nephilim
October 8th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
:yuck: That thought makes me feel sick LR, mate :yuck: ... Lion on a plate :( :eek: :yuck: !!! I know your were being funny, but I have a strange urge to beat anyone who wants to do that seriously senseless. Not a nice thought >.<...

What puts lions above other animals?

unregistered user
October 8th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Good point there Neph, they are probaly pretty high in the food chain but that doesnt mean they are the ultimate animal...I dont think there is one :E

Dare
October 8th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Hmm, I've never eaten lion before...are they even edible?

The idea of the "ultimate animal" is unique to each person. Barring humans from the catagory, I'd personally pick the shark as the ultimate animal.

unregistered user
October 9th, 2004, 04:19 AM
The idea of the "ultimate animal" is unique to each person. Barring humans from the catagory, I'd personally pick the shark as the ultimate animal.

Hmm... perhaps the 'ultimate killing machine'. Though, crocodilus makes a nice opponent.
:cheese:

Xinithian
October 9th, 2004, 04:21 AM
Hmm... perhaps the 'ultimate killing machine'. Though, crocodilus makes a nice opponent.
:cheese: What about hippos? They just kill and kill...

unregistered user
October 9th, 2004, 04:25 AM
What about hippos? They just kill and kill...

More like the 'ultimate psychotic machine'. :eww: :lol: ;) XD

Suki
October 9th, 2004, 08:01 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nephilim
October 9th, 2004, 10:47 AM
The butterfly is the ultimate animal.

Noone suspects the butterfly. ^^

lion_roog
October 9th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Sloth, baby....he moves in mysterious ways...even though it may take him a few days to do so.....:D

Monai
October 9th, 2004, 11:12 AM
The butterfly is the ultimate animal.

Noone suspects the butterfly. ^^

That's from a Simpsons episode... I can't remember which one though....

lion_roog
October 9th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Thought that looked familiar....:D

Nephilim
October 9th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Sloth, baby....he moves in mysterious ways...even though it may take him a few days to do so.....:D

Ya call this slow?

http://mag.awn.com/issue6.12/6.12images/donkinice06.jpg

And yes, that is the Simpsons. :D I quote it endlessly.

DenKeege
October 8th, 2006, 10:44 PM
This thread really made me depressed. Have yah guys even tried to sosialize ? Seriously... Your behaviour ticks me off.. What more can I say? I doubt that anything can express what I'm thinking better than this Youtube video...

***Deleted link***
(I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT ON THIS WEBPAGE. SO IF YOU DECIDE TO DO WHATEVER AFTER WATCHING THIS VIDEO - I AM NOT *** RESPONSIBLE!)

Ok. Thanks:)

Mod Action: Though you are responsible for posting the video and swearing, please refrain from doing so.

Utora
October 8th, 2006, 11:00 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! OMG...amazing video. XD ((wonders what this threads about)) ..oh no..

Kovu The Lion
October 8th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Saddening, This thread will be locked in about lets say, 10 minutes max thanks to that. And the way the board is now grown to "don't post anything hateful" lol.

That link by the way is stupid, You are responsible for whatever you say, and whatever you put on here is your responsibilitiy so now that youtube video is your responsibility. and i hope you get banned for it.

Kovu

Guntur
October 8th, 2006, 11:20 PM
This thread remind me of my sandwich two years ago. And yes, still in the fridge :evilgrin:

Monai
October 8th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Did you read what she said? She doesn't hate all humans, just those who kill needlessly. And I know you're new here, but please don't bump old threads. And, advising people to commit suicide (even if it is just a joke video) isn't exactly a good idea. Remember, it's a Lion King forum, so kids will visit occasionally. I have nothing against you, and I hope I didn't offend you. I certainly didn't intend to. I know you need to get used to the board a little. Introducing yourself in Pride Rock is a good start. =)

Shatara
October 9th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Wow, necro'd two full years, almost to the day.

Sad too, one of the few threads of this nature that wasnt locked.

Oh, and please dont feed the trolls.

Kalahari
October 27th, 2006, 11:41 PM
I can't stand people that are like "put there are people that can't afford food..." They can apply for food stamps then. And if they are that poor how did they afford that gun? :confused: I had neighbors like that only they hunted for thophies and called themselves Christians. "But God gave us "dominon" over the animals". Then again I lived in Hickville so almost everyone was like that. :eww:

And a king has "domion" over his subjects but does that mean he can hunt them? He would be overthown if he tried. And times have changed since 200 years ago before the conveince of a super market.

Dare
October 27th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Kalahari
= And times have changed since 200 years ago before the conveince of a super market.

Eh, I'd rather hunt and eat deer who've had a chance to run free and even possibly evade me than go to the supermarket and support the meat packing industry.

Aside from that, ye gods this is an old thread. What's with all the necroposting that's been going on lately, particularly in this lovely thread that's overflowing with positive sentiment?

*blinkblinks*

Kimbai
October 27th, 2006, 11:53 PM
I don't undertsand humans either.

I don't mind hunting, as long as they are not just doing it for the animal's head or for fun. I don't mind it for food, but for fun? that is just sick and cruel, I don't care what you say.

And kill the animals off quickly isntead of killing them slowly. I hate people like that even more.

Kalahari
October 27th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Eh, I'd rather hunt and eat deer who've had a chance to run free and even possibly evade me than go to the supermarket and support the meat packing industry.

Aside from that, ye gods this is an old thread. What's with all the necroposting that's been going on lately, particularly in this lovely thread that's overflowing with positive sentiment?

*blinkblinks*

Meat packing industry is animal crutly by itself. So are dairy farms. I think it's wrong it eat meat or animal products period.

Only-now
October 28th, 2006, 04:06 AM
I thought it was sort of an unwritten rule that we wouldn't continue these "Humans are teh most evilest creatures on the Earth..DIE DIE DIE" type threads.

Although this isn't as bad as some other threads..I would have thought it would have been shut down already. Of course..naturally I would dispute a lot of your claims..which would lead to an argument and then this thread would be closed. I don't really want to argue though..done enough debating.

I think it is wrong to say that all humans are bad. Of course no one ever specifies that. I don't agree with throphy hunting...but I don't mind hunting for food. If I start talking about this anymore I will make a long post. I hope this thread gets closed because 1) We have had COUNTLESS topics on how hunters did this or that 2) It doens't have a point at all. I mean...what are we discussing?

Perfectly fine to not like trophy hunting. I don't like those people either...but they don't deserve death....we aren't eqaul to animals....and hunting for food/dairy farms/meat production is alright.

~Kiva

Kovu The Lion
October 28th, 2006, 04:33 AM
I'm not imputting into anything about this thread but i am going to point it out to a Mod,

If we can't have any Lion King post hate threads, or Animal Hate threads or things dealing with animal badness or whatever,

I seriously think the same should apply for Humans.

Kovu

Kalahari
October 28th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Only-now
I thought it was sort of an unwritten rule that we wouldn't continue these "Humans are teh most evilest creatures on the Earth..DIE DIE DIE" type threads.

Although this isn't as bad as some other threads..I would have thought it would have been shut down already. Of course..naturally I would dispute a lot of your claims..which would lead to an argument and then this thread would be closed. I don't really want to argue though..done enough debating.

I think it is wrong to say that all humans are bad. Of course no one ever specifies that. I don't agree with throphy hunting...but I don't mind hunting for food. If I start talking about this anymore I will make a long post. I hope this thread gets closed because 1) We have had COUNTLESS topics on how hunters did this or that 2) It doens't have a point at all. I mean...what are we discussing?

Perfectly fine to not like trophy hunting. I don't like those people either...but they don't deserve death....we aren't eqaul to animals....and hunting for food/dairy farms/meat production is alright.

~Kiva

Maybe they don't deserve to be killed. But at least educated. Dairy farms and meat farms qould be okay if there was some sort of law enforcing how they can and can not be treated and caged. As for these stupid teenage boys who find out I'm vegan and go "Yum beef", to me a good smack or cuff. :grrr: