PDA

View Full Version : Did humans used to live in the Elephant Graveyard?

trexmaster
September 16th, 2004, 01:40 PM
I mean, look at the helmets that Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed are wearing on their heads in the "Be Prepared" sequence. Banzai and Ed's helmets in particular look too imcomplete to be animal skulls as has often been described. Have the hyenas landed themselves in an ancient burial ground where a prehistoric civilization buried their dead?

Please discuss.

Kovu
September 16th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Maybe. :confused:
Or maybe the ancient humans came first, and made that place a graveyard, then came the elephants who made it theirs.

...or maybe the animators just drew any random skulls to fit their heads. :p

Nephilim
September 16th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Didn't they have horns... ?

Sadiki
September 16th, 2004, 03:34 PM
in my opinions it happens time before humans because there is no marks from people like mountain kilimnjaro (however it typed) suppous to have something what minds about people but it does not.. or at least I think so... but of course if it happends when people when people are not civilizised yet it might be.

I still blaming diseny about making those episodes in Timon and Pumbaa where they are in big cities ands stuff... The nature just look so untouched and clear... but then again that is just my opinion and my view about things.

unregistered user
September 16th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Perhaps, during the Quaternary Period of Phylogenetic classification. But, that might be a little far-fetched.
:lol:

Shadow
September 16th, 2004, 04:59 PM
yeah they hade horns

Xinithian
September 16th, 2004, 11:03 PM
They weren't thinking about that when they were creating the movie!

I think that honestly you're taking the movie beyond its capacities. Certain things are discussable like if Scar was mistreated as a child, etc... but something like this Disney never intended for anybody to think about.

Shatara
September 16th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Yeah...

trex, you seem a little...over analytical...

...No offense, of course...>.>

Prince Simba
September 16th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Right, Xinithian, but I'm sure that Disney never intended for very many people
over the age of 10 or 11 to hold TLK above all other movies ;)

Xinithian
September 16th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Prince Simba
Right, Xinithian, but I'm sure that Disney never intended for very many people
over the age of 10 or 11 to hold TLK above all other movies ;) Well, nobody intends for their movie to be held above all other movies. And besides, lots of people who're older than 10 or 11 love Lion King, that's why they made it a more mature movie with the more mature themes.

unregistered user
September 17th, 2004, 01:26 AM
Hmm....

Zeeky Boogy Doog!!!

unregistered user
September 17th, 2004, 09:53 AM
And...

http://duckgear.aflac.com/ccduckgear/assets/images/DuckGearHeader_01.gif Aflac!

trexmaster
September 17th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Shatara
Yeah...

trex, you seem a little...over analytical...

I like being that.

It's so interesting that the TLK crew left behind so many interesting, unanswered questions. I realize I may come across as being geeky, but I love discussing them. Besides, these sorts of things could inspire some fanfics.

Sadiki
September 17th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by trexmaster
I like being that.

I do that as well most of time. I like to think things and try to solve all the problems...*sigh* it's just impossible

unregistered user
September 17th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by trexmaster
I like being that.

It's so interesting that the TLK crew left behind so many interesting, unanswered questions. I realize I may come across as being geeky, but I love discussing them. Besides, these sorts of things could inspire some fanfics.

I agree, Trexmaster. Nothin' wrong with being the comprehensive studier. I do that to meteorological & climatological studies. So, keep up your extraordinary achievements.
=)

Xinithian
September 18th, 2004, 01:50 AM
Although those are accidents, not something to be taken seriously... like possibly this image for selling a house?

http://www.btinternet.com/~crillboy/property_morephotos.cfm_files/MAXEBRDI40033129c.jpg

Kiara Serengeti
January 14th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Xinithian
Although those are accidents, not something to be taken seriously... like possibly this image for selling a house?

http://www.btinternet.com/~crillboy/property_morephotos.cfm_files/MAXEBRDI40033129c.jpg

I was just cruisin' through old threads...waahh, that is just wild!!!!

Anyway, on topic, I don't think Disney was thinking of adding a people element. It's a place where animals died. All nature, untouched--that's part of the beauty of TLK; no humans!

Ciara
January 14th, 2007, 04:25 PM
ooooh, old thread :gasp: I dunno what to say, the skulls had horns, and so there was no humans there. It cant possible be humans in it, its the first disney movie without them, so that just cant be changed :eek:

Tiikeri
January 14th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Damn, necropostage to the max! I had only just joined when this thread was made oO

On topic....I don't think that humans lived in the elephant graveyard, all the skulls seemed to be from animals and such, as Neph pointed out, quite a few had horns.

Shadow
January 14th, 2007, 08:05 PM
god this is so old 0.o...........

Dare
January 14th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Yes folks, we get it. It's an old thread.

Now, can we let it just die without further beating the dead horse? Either that or contribute to other dead horse...the topic.

The closest thing to humans in the TLK universe would probably be primates. (if you don't count the aliens who fathered Nala).
If you pretend the horns weren't there (which they were, as previously noted several times), then one could assume that there is the slightest, most minute possibility that there were monkey/ape skulls there...

...but alas, the horns, the horns...hold on, I need to mention the horns one more time!

*stamps the horns into the ground* Bwaha!

*loves the Easter egg photo*