PDA

View Full Version : Do you play an instrument?

Vidan
September 1st, 2004, 04:36 AM
I was just curious as to how many musicians we have on this board. We have plenty of talented artists here, which is awesome, but the musicians seem to be in hiding. I know you're out there :cheese:.

I've played trombone and euphonium going on ten years now. I can sort of play trumpet, French horn, and tuba; mostly that was in conjunction with my studying to be a music teacher. I've got an electric bass and an electric guitar, though I'd hardly call myself proficient; I mostly just play chords. I just barely made it through my college piano courses, so I wouldn't really say I was much of a pianist.

Mainly I use the keyboard to compose music. I've written for concert band, jazz ensemble, and brass quintet, mainly, and had a few premieres in the US and Canada. I also used to arrange classical music for brass quintet and sell the arrangements on eBay to supplement my income while I was going to college.

Incidentally I studied trombone at San Francisco State with McDowell Kenley of the SF Opera Orchestra, Steve Thompson formerly of the Hiroshima Symphony, as well as Zack Spellman (tuba/euphonium) and Wayne Wallace (jazz trombone).

Lately, composition-wise I'm about to co-write a musical with my friend Jonathan Knott who's a director over at University of Notre Dame Belmont in Caliornia and also teaches at my old high school.

Alright, I have no idea what the point of all that was; I'm not writing a resume :lol: but I'd be interested to see what other instruments we have represented here.

unregistered user
September 1st, 2004, 04:37 AM
Piano is really the only thing that I play, my room mate is really good at any instrument you give him

Simba_TLK
September 1st, 2004, 04:43 AM
i dont play any instrument ;)

my sister plays Piano though :p

Xinithian
September 1st, 2004, 04:54 AM
I used to play trumpet, but I really want to learn Bass.

Vidan
September 1st, 2004, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Xinithian
I used to play trumpet, but I really want to learn Bass.

Oh yes, you did mention you wanted to learn upright bass. I do as well :cheese: althought it would behoove me to pick up my trombone once in awhile.

Xinithian
September 1st, 2004, 05:02 AM
you should check out this guy on iTunes named Bass Man Bill Evans, his stuff is crazy. Download that song "chordal bass", it's crazy.

unregistered user
September 1st, 2004, 05:11 AM
I use to play Trombone and Keyboard. I would love to learn the French Horn.

Shadow
September 1st, 2004, 05:38 AM
im lerning my self to play flute.
im also very good at Keyboard my sis have one.
but its like the secend time i play it but i know one song alredy =D

Vidan
September 1st, 2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Nuka
I use to play Trombone and Keyboard. I would love to learn the French Horn.

I had difficulty with it as the embouchure is quite a bit different from the trombone, especially since I was trying to keep my trombone chops going at the same time. But get a good teacher and I'm sure you'd do well with that, esp. if that would be your main instrument. :cheese:

Originally posted by shadow
im lerning my self to play flute.
im also very good at Keyboard my sis have one.
but its like the secend time i play it but i know one song alredy =D

Keep it going dude! I have very little patience to practice keyboard music, but with enough practice a lot of good music is accessible to you. :)

unregistered user
September 1st, 2004, 06:32 AM
I'm not musically inclined. Though, I used to play the clarinet, long ago! But, now I play a mean air-guitar. And Woes ya got some 'good stuff' going on there.
:cheese:

Shatara
September 1st, 2004, 06:50 AM
I play a buncha instruments. Six, I belive was the last count...

Trombone: In fourth grade, I joined the Elementary Band, as a percussionist (I wanted to play the Timpanis, to tell the truth ;)), but our band director, Mr. Vodo, sucked. I didn't sign up the next year. However, my sister was still in the band. One day, a couple months into the school year, she went to see the new band director, Mr. Aguglia (the second G is silent). Our mother and myself were present. We stepped into his small, cramped office. He pointed at me and said (and I quote): "You, look like a trombone player." I looked at him all confused. He handed me a mouthpiece (which I still have, and use), and told me to practice on it. After the Christmas break, I was in the band. It wasn't long before I was in advanced band, jazz band, All-County band, marching band...By the time I graduated, I'd won the John Philip Sousa award for my l33t trombon-ing :irule:
I still pick it up time to time. I play a mean "My Lullaby", BTW:cheese:

Recorder (Pipe instrument, similar to flutophone): I aquired this little horn from my sister when I was in fifth grade, because we were required to have one for music class. I quickly became fond of it for it's sheer portablility and total lack of need to warm up. My sister once tried to mention that it was technically hers, but she never played it anyway, so the argument was dropped. Now I take it just about everywhere. I learned a buncha songs on it, many from Final Fantasies 7, 8, 9, and 10, plus Lion King and some other random things. One time I got in a 'duel' with my girlfriend over the phone with it, but all she could play was 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' whilst I was playing 'Valley of the Fallen Star' XD.

Piano/Keyboard: While I've never been a pianist per se, I tend to play the thing quite often (Probably because it's easy to play by ear when you have a chromatic scale laid out in front of you ;)). However, anyone who knows what they are doing (my sister's friend Maggie, my friend Cameron, My sister, Woes) clearly puts me to shame.

Cornet (trumpet): My mother got this for me fur cheap from a downstairs neighbor. Never really got good at it, but I can play a few songs, such as 'Rythm Emotion' from Gundam Wing.

Guitar: I pick at it every once in a while, but can't play chords. I'd probably make a good bassist, if I had one.

Drums: As I said before, I was originally a percussionist. So I have a percussion pad I beat on occasionally, and a set of drums, formerly belonging to one of my mother's boyfriends, which I don't have immediate access to.

Flute: When my sister got her new uber-flute, I got her old student model. It's a lot different than any other instrument I've played, and feels like I hafta put way too much air through it to get a sound. I've almost learned 'Valley of the Fallen Star' on it, but not else.

Other random musical stuff:
-I've been in band every year since fourth grade, excepting the first quarter of fifth grade, and seventh grade (issues while changing schools). I've also participated in every 'special' band I had the opportunity to, including jazz band, and pit orchestra for school musicals.
-I took a year of Music Theory, but barely passed. The first half was incredably easy, the second half was well beyond my level.
-I got my first computer music-sequencing program when I was no older than five. Of course, the music I turned out at that age wasn't exactly Mozart ;)
-I presently sequence music with my keyboard and laptop. I've almost finished my first MIDI sequence, "Ipsen's Castle" from Final Fantasy 9. I'm also working on a self-respecting version of "My Lullaby" (the ones on lk.org sound NOTHING like the one on the soundtrack >.<)

So...Yeah...

Okay, so the flute makes seven. I lied. Sue me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Shatara/bumms/eyeleft.gif

EDIT: Crap. I forgot the flute >.<

unregistered user
September 1st, 2004, 06:57 AM
Impressiveness Shatara! XD
:cool:

Sadiki
September 1st, 2004, 06:58 AM
I can play something with piano and then some basics with drums.. but thats all ;)

Vidan
September 1st, 2004, 07:00 AM
That makes three trombonists so far. :nukasm:

Shat, what program do you use to sequence MIDI files?

Shatara
September 1st, 2004, 07:03 AM
Voyetra Record Producer MIDI Edition

...it came with my MIDI cable.

I was thinking of trying Noteworthy Composer...what do you use...?

Vidan
September 1st, 2004, 07:14 AM
I use NoteWorthy composer as well when I want to create a quality MIDi file for download. It's so easy to enter notes, adjust the dynamics, and enter multi-point controllers (MPC's).

Incidentally, looks like version 2 is coming out. Judging from the features list the printouts should look alot better, though I don't really use it when I want to create quality notation.

http://www.ntworthy.com

I have both Sibelius and Finale which I use for performance-ready scores. I like Finale a lot, but I can't say I'm impressed with Sibelius despite being told by other people that it's the best one out there. The note-entry just isn't intuitive. >.< Sibelius' MIDI export is superior to Finale, but I still can't control all the MIDI parameters (like vibrato and pitch bend) like I want to. These programs are way expensive, so they aren't really worth it unless you're a music composition/education major like I was.

unregistered user
September 1st, 2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Sonique21837?
I play a mean air-guitar.

d00d! I play that too! :E
Heh, well..I have a guitar thinking of learning how to play it one of these days :thinks:

nathalie
September 1st, 2004, 07:18 AM
I played the accordion for 7 years (now, that's a really looooong time agon, haha)

Now, I play bass for about 6 years:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/moorhunhe/09010001.jpg

And guitar, for about 7 years:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/moorhunhe/09010002.jpg

unregistered user
September 1st, 2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Boos
d00d! I play that too! :E

Good times mate. ^^
And very koolsome Nathalie. XD

nathalie
September 1st, 2004, 07:27 AM
ps: don't mind the lion king sheets on my bed ;) haha :lol:

Vidan
September 1st, 2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by nathalie
ps: don't mind the lion king sheets on my bed ;) haha :lol:

Far be it from us to mind those. ;) :cheese:

Sadiki
September 1st, 2004, 07:38 AM
ooo there is bass and guitar on the bed... I realised only bed dress...

;) J/K very nice :)

nathalie
September 1st, 2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by SimbaTheMighty
ooo there is bass and guitar on the bed... I realised only bed dress...

Now, why doesn't that surprise me? :evilgrin:

unregistered user
September 1st, 2004, 07:49 AM
My main instrument currently, is the Flute.

My Flute History
I've started to take an interest in music and the flute since 5th grade. During my 7th grade year, I actually started to practice and play with it. Up until now I'm an advanced Flute Player, in my Freshman year at High School.

I'd write more, but I'm a bit lazy atm, hehe. I'm also a begginer on Violin, and I have a Guitar. I'll write and edit more about my history later, k.

nathalie
September 1st, 2004, 07:56 AM
Oh yes, the fluit ... I've been playing that since I was 7.

http://www.educatieve-media.nl/blokfluit/blokgifs/coolsma-1.jpg

Vidan
September 1st, 2004, 08:02 AM
Those would be recorders in the US. I had a bit of experience with them in a music education class but I honestly don't remember any of the fingerings. :lol:

EDIT: Actually I do, sort of. I'm just tired. :zzz:

nathalie
September 1st, 2004, 08:08 AM
all wholes closed is a "do", and then you just work up ... haha

Vidan
September 1st, 2004, 08:13 AM
Yeah, release the fingers and shorten the air column so the pitch gets higher :vitsm:. That makes too much sense for me to have remembered. :lol: That's actually one of the first things you learn in orchestration class about woodwinds.

nathalie
September 1st, 2004, 08:31 AM
It's the first thing you also learn when you go to "music school", and when you get music class in normal school.

Vidan
September 1st, 2004, 08:36 AM
You mean learn the recorder? That's one of the first things I would have learned had I taken music in grade school. Most of the kids in my class in 4th grade (around when I was 9) took this recorder and keyboard class once a week. I didn't. Wish that I had, though, although that didn't stop me from getting into music later.

Ngatuny
September 1st, 2004, 08:40 AM
I used to play the Flute long ago, I now have an electric bass and soon to buy a guitar from a friend tho I make no claim as to actually know how to play. I know a little bit but not enough theory.:alone:

Shatara
September 1st, 2004, 08:47 AM
I play a mean recorder. Almost as good as my trombone ;)

Just a song in a scale ain't that hard on it...now playing a chromatic scale, on the other hand...

nathalie
September 1st, 2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Woes of Folly
You mean learn the recorder? That's one of the first things I would have learned had I taken music in grade school. Most of the kids in my class in 4th grade (around when I was 9) took this recorder and keyboard class once a week. I didn't. Wish that I had, though, although that didn't stop me from getting into music later.

Recorder ... euhm ... :confused:

I was talking about that fluit thing

nathalie
September 1st, 2004, 08:57 AM
Funniest part of a girl playing bass is:

No one liked me, for some reason I still don't know ... probably was just me :confused:

No one ever talked to me ... but then, when they heard I played bass, they all came nock on my door :confused:

Lion King Stu
September 1st, 2004, 09:00 AM
my friend plays eletric guitar and acoustic unfortunatly I ain't good on instruments they seem to disagree with me ;)

Shatara
September 1st, 2004, 09:06 AM
Recorder ... euhm ... :confused:

I was talking about that fluit thing

http://www.educatieve-media.nl/blokfluit/blokgifs/coolsma-1.jpg = recorder

nathalie
September 1st, 2004, 09:13 AM
ooooohw, we just call that a fluit :)

Shatara
September 1st, 2004, 09:14 AM
Silly Belgian :p

Nephilim
September 1st, 2004, 09:15 AM
I used to play the bass for about four years, I guess I can still play it.

Oh, and I can play Smoke On The Water on the guitar. ;)

nathalie
September 1st, 2004, 09:15 AM
recorder means something different here

a recorder is a thing you need to record stuff, haha :kiss:

nathalie
September 1st, 2004, 09:16 AM
Is there any song, that you could play on a instrument, of which you were proud you could play it?

I was sooooo happy when I could play "The River" from the beginning till the end, without looking at my fingers :D

Shatara
September 1st, 2004, 09:39 AM
Double Post! :eek::gasp:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Shatara/bumms/hide.gif

recorder means something different here

a recorder is a thing you need to record stuff, hahaYeah, it's confusing...I hafta explain that it's a musical instrument, not an electronic device >.<

Is there any song, that you could play on a instrument, of which you were proud you could play it?"My Lullaby" from LK2 on my trombone, and "Valley of the Fallen Star" from FF7 on my Recorder

:D:cheese:

nathalie
September 1st, 2004, 09:42 AM
whaha, first time I played "do re mi" from The sound of Music on my mom's keyboard.

I figured it out all by myself, haha, at the end, it was so easy to found out the notes.

King Simba
September 1st, 2004, 09:45 AM
I used to play Violin but I quit when I got into High School mainly because my friend quit. I had been playing for 3 years...:bleen: :hakuna:

EDIT: When I was in infant school I used to play the recorder too. (Still got it dumped in the cupboard somewhere.)

Vidan
September 1st, 2004, 09:51 AM
Is there any song, that you could play on a instrument, of which you were proud you could play it?

I had most of Creston's Fantasy for Trombone down my third year in college, but the next semester I switched to bass trombone. I would liked to have performed the piece. Oh well, there's always next time. :cheese:

nathalie
September 1st, 2004, 09:57 AM
We should all come together 1 day with all our "musical stuf", :lol:

Shadow
September 1st, 2004, 01:22 PM
im Swering that i will learn to play Elton jhons circle of life on Keybored =D

nafklt
September 1st, 2004, 02:12 PM
I used to play the trumpet in Ele. Band but I probably forgot now... I also have a viola which I never learned how to play and I probably never will...;) I have a keyboard that I never use to play.:hmm:

A-non-a-mus
September 1st, 2004, 06:25 PM
music?... well let's see... I started in forth grade.... playing the drums... but I never finished the class... the band teacher at first decared me to be perfect for 'woodwind intruments'.. I kept up on the drums though... however, the band teatcher did NOT like me at all... halfway through the year he called me down to his office and threw me out of band saying (I should say 'yelling') "You are gone! OUT OF HERE!! You'll never be able to touch another intrument in your life if I have anything to say about it!" (I never was able to jion another band because of this guy)

so at home I taught myself how to play drums... (which the band teacher hated, up until he was fired, at which time I was dubbed 'too old to learn to play in band') eventually, drums got old and I tought myself the recorder, which moved to the carinet, then I tried 'piano'.. and found out I am NOT a piano-person... so I moved on to a few others... now I'm mostly playing the 'ocarina'...

so much for those teachers saying that I'll never be able to play any intruments...

Shadow
September 1st, 2004, 08:04 PM
Oh man that is so on far !:alone:

Vidan
September 1st, 2004, 09:12 PM
Yikes, A-non-a-mus. Everyone should be given the chance to move around before picking an instrument that they enjoy and excel at, or, if there's a particular instrument they want to play, they should be able to do that.

There's always the fear among band teachers that too many people will pick the same instrument, but after awhile some of the kids who picked the 'popular' instruments will gravitate toward the less common ones out of curiosity and the want to play something unique.

Some of my old high school classmates are professional musicians and they weren't even in band. If you want it and have the means, you can achieve it. :noogie:

kcnmttcnn
September 1st, 2004, 10:54 PM
In 4th grade I played the harmonica (or however you spell it), a recorder, and played a violin in 5th grade. It was a class thing, didn't really have a choice but to do it.

TakaTiger
September 1st, 2004, 11:13 PM
i play guitar here n there, i havent got that good at it yet tho >.>

Xinithian
September 2nd, 2004, 02:59 AM
That's it, I'm going to start taking bass lessons. I hate how my parents didn't take me to an instructor this summer...

unregistered user
September 2nd, 2004, 04:09 AM
Well lets see, Baritone is my main insterment. For jazz i play trombone. And when i have to go to strings i can play stand up bass.

I can also play about 8 others but no where as well as the others listed above.

Shadow
September 2nd, 2004, 04:42 AM
we dont spesified teatchers in band lesoons.....that kind of bothers me....:eww:

Nephilim
September 2nd, 2004, 10:18 AM
I put in a slip to have guitar lessons at school about three years ago. They still haven't got back to me. :thinks: Yeah, that teacher didn't like me.

nathalie
September 2nd, 2004, 10:31 AM
I had a private teacher for my guitar + bass.

I really need to go back, haven't seen him for 2 years, and my guitar really needs to be tuned, haha ...

Luckely, when I sing a long, you don't really notice that :lol:

Shadow
September 2nd, 2004, 02:28 PM
kind of imerasing to say but....:Perks: i like sining thoge i dont have mush to a voice......:hehe:.
but want can i do abut that hu?
thats right nothing ;)

Vidan
September 4th, 2004, 01:27 AM
I enjoy singing too, although I can't say I had a great voice. If there's a chorus at your school maybe you could join. I was in chorus and performed in some musicals in high school; that really helped to develop my confidence in singing, and the ear-training and singing courses I took in college really helped the technical aspect, but my voice still sounds blah. But I don't care! So you have the right attitude, shadow. ;) Keep it up and good luck. :)

unregistered user
September 4th, 2004, 01:50 AM
I just love playing with my Flute, as much as practicing on my Violin. I just seem to favor the Flute a bit more though, hehe. You have to have the right posture(Sitting at the end of your chair) well, to get the right air coordination through the Flute. Are there any Flute Players, here that still play? I'm still working on my "Vibrato" Skill.

Xinithian
September 4th, 2004, 01:52 AM
I like Cello...

Prince Simba
September 4th, 2004, 02:19 AM
hmm... I play clarinet for... I think.. umm *counts on fingers* six years now...
and I can play piano (meaning that i can only play a song after hours of practice).

I can play TLK music on both :)

unregistered user
September 27th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Heh, here's an update. It's my Freshman year, I'm in Concert/Marching band at school and I'm an Intermediate-Advanced player. oooo, we just got this really kool music piece today called "Distorted" it sounds awesome!!=D We also recently received "Hakuna Matata" W00t!!! Oh yeah, one more thing; we have to attend every Football game for band *Sighs* which is like every week.:rolleyes: Well, hey at least we get to play Hakuna Matata this thursday at the games!!!:D:cheese:

Kintaru
September 28th, 2004, 02:31 AM
I play guitar here and just recently have started teaching myself the keyboard.

I used to take lessons for guitar but that fell out after a while and now I just teach myself anything I need to know. Teaching yourself guitar really is doable for anyone who wants to know how to play. I know several people who taught themselves and are very good, you just need to be willing to put in the time and effort. I'm a bit rusty, but if anyone has any questions, especially about starting out, feel free to message me on msn at patmcq333@msn.com

Also Nathalie you can by an electronic guitar tuner for cheap if you dunno how to do it yourself. If you don't feel like shilling out the cash I remember there being a site out there that would play the correct tunings so you can tune yours to match.

Also Kenyi, don't suppose there's any way you could like email the sheet music for hakuna matata is there?:D

Azerane
September 28th, 2004, 03:00 AM
ahem *clears throat* where to begin? Well the first instrument that I learnt how to play properly was the recorder (My whole class had to learn it in primary school) I learnt the piano for 3 years and I still play quite often and I like playing tlk songs :D I have also played the clarinet but only for a short time and and I learnt how to play the trumpet, I enjoyed playing the trumpet but I don't play it anymore!! So there ya go. :cheese:

UPDATE: Oh yeah, and I enjoy singing although I have never had any proper lessons. :D I have been in a couple of the small choirs that our school has had for Arts nights. Anyway, so yeah, when I'm on my own in the house (like now) you'll frequently hear me bursting into song! :D

unregistered user
September 28th, 2004, 03:07 AM
I used to play the piano several years ago. Then my interest waned, and now my skills with it aren't that great. Currently, I'm taking guitar lessons, and have an acoustic.

Xinithian
September 28th, 2004, 03:07 AM
I still gotta take bass lessons.

lion_roog
September 28th, 2004, 05:21 AM
I play the Saxamaphone.

My Mom used to play bass professionally in Los Angeles in the early 1980s, where MTV contacted her three times to try to get her band to make a music video...but she declined because she was pregnant with me and the band broke up shortly afterwards......I messed up everything....:D

jannali
September 28th, 2004, 05:22 AM
i play the piano :cheese: i play in the school's jazz band =) i'm also learning guitar :D

Shadow
September 28th, 2004, 05:30 AM
am in too sining...guitar...and some flute....right now im saving monny for a guitar...oh yeah and my sis keayboard when i have boring =D
but im most in too this sining thing

unregistered user
September 28th, 2004, 07:32 AM
mostly brass hehe well anything with a mouth peice

nathalie
September 28th, 2004, 07:49 AM
I still gotta take bass lessons.

That is the coolest thing to play :wow:

Haha, and I know it :bleen:

Mabatu
October 1st, 2004, 12:10 PM
I used to play saxaphone, it was fun. I gave it up though, so i could have more time for schoolwork :(

I'd like to take it up again someday...i'm pretty sure i still know all the fingerings and everything :p

unregistered user
October 1st, 2004, 11:25 PM
Very kool, everyone. Heh, looks like most of us here are musically talented in some way.:cheese: I'm thinking about learning how to play my Guitar, its been sitting in my closet for some time, heh.

Kasun
October 1st, 2004, 11:54 PM
I play the violin and electric guitar..

unregistered user
October 2nd, 2004, 12:39 AM
Tightness, Kas. Though, I already know that. XD;)

TakaTiger
October 2nd, 2004, 12:43 AM
I Own The Air Guitar :evilgrin:

lion_roog
October 2nd, 2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Kenyi
Very kool, everyone. Heh, looks like most of us here are musically talented in some way.:cheese:

Unless we're all just big liars........:D

LionKingxx
January 1st, 2005, 09:12 PM
I played the Piano and the Recorder

klowd
January 1st, 2005, 09:50 PM
Electric guitar and voice :P

Ragoom
January 1st, 2005, 10:24 PM
Guitar, kinda going more over to acoustic atm, drums and piano....but im not saying im any good :evilgrin: :p

HasiraKali
January 1st, 2005, 10:29 PM
I don't know if I"ve replied to this already or not and I'm too lazy to go through the thread :p

I play violin. A black violin XD

LunarCat
January 1st, 2005, 10:40 PM
cool everyone, :cool: i forgot, but i also used to play the flute. Like the long silver one. ;)

unregistered user
January 1st, 2005, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Lunarcat
cool everyone, :cool: i forgot, but i also used to play the flute. Like the long silver one. ;)

Omg....you too??? Awesome!!! I play it too Lunarcat!!!:wow: Flutes Rock!!!!!!! XD!!! Nice to see another flutist here! w00t!! Hehe. I play a bit of the violin too.:p I already mentioned that in my earlier post though.;)

lion_roog
January 1st, 2005, 10:59 PM
I play the saxaphone.:cheese:

LunarCat
January 1st, 2005, 11:03 PM
Omg....you too??? Awesome!!! I play it too Lunarcat!!!:wow: Flutes Rock!!!!!!! XD!!! Nice to see another flutist here! w00t!! Hehe. I play a bit of the violin too.:p I already mentioned that in my earlier post though.;)

well i used too, in 4th and 5th grade, but not anymore.....:gasp: :cheese: i wish i had kept it up tho :D

and awesome roog. ;)

Lion Roar
January 1st, 2005, 11:17 PM
I used to play the piano... Not anymore though. :eww:

lion_roog
January 1st, 2005, 11:26 PM

and awesome roog. ;)

:cheese:....I was one of the best middle school saxaphonists in Southern Arizona.:cheese:

Darkslash
January 2nd, 2005, 01:36 AM
I cannot and do not play an instrument. But I love music.

unregistered user
January 2nd, 2005, 01:39 AM
I'm currently learning Bass guitar and drums. Doing ok thus far...:evilgrin:

LunarCat
January 2nd, 2005, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by lion_roog
:cheese:....I was one of the best middle school saxaphonists in Southern Arizona.:cheese:

way to go roog!:D :cheese: ;)

unregistered user
January 2nd, 2005, 05:29 AM
Drums....:cheese: :browlift:

2 Die FR
January 2nd, 2005, 05:33 AM
I play the tumpet:irule: :irule: extremely well too

SIMBAtheENIGMA
January 2nd, 2005, 10:09 AM
Ive just started playing the Drums! Yay! :-)

nathalie
January 2nd, 2005, 10:49 AM
Acoustic guitar - Electric bass (about 7 years)

unregistered user
January 2nd, 2005, 06:42 PM
Ehm.. No :p :bleen:
I cant play an instrument XD

unregistered user
January 3rd, 2005, 11:21 PM
well i used too, in 4th and 5th grade, but not anymore.....:gasp: :cheese: i wish i had kept it up tho :D

and awesome roog. ;)

Darn, lol. You should've.;):p

Amaryllis
January 4th, 2005, 12:39 AM
did i allready replyed on this?

............. oh well, i play Acoustic Gitar, and i sing alot. but i rather not show my voice to public since i only sing Bryan Adams :p

Shadow
January 4th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Amaryllis
i only sing Bryan Adams :p

now that was unprediktebull :evilgrin:

i dont really playing anything but i can start play Keybord when ever i want sens my sis got one

Amaryllis
January 4th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by shadow
i dont really playing anything but i can start play Keybord when ever i want sens my sis got one

okaaaaaaaaaaay and when will be the 5th time ur gunna mention that?:cheese:
:p

Atimon
January 4th, 2005, 04:06 PM
well, I play the piano and the clarinet...I also played the flute when I was six years old xD :scream: :eek:
By now I think I play the piano for about 11 years and the clarinet for 9 years *is also proud of her tlk and sp piano books* ;)

2 Die FR
January 5th, 2005, 01:58 AM
Hmm...Looks like a few of you once played the trumpet but don't anymore. Am I the only one then, that still plays the trumpet around here?
btw sorry for making an identical thread, it got closed :( my bad.
stupidstupidstupidstupidstupidstupidstupidstupid!

klowd
January 5th, 2005, 02:07 AM
lol hehe don't worry about that mate ;) , I have never played the trumpet :(

2 Die FR
January 5th, 2005, 02:50 AM
Two things.
No worries:hakuna:
and YOU SHOULD!:cheese:

klowd
January 5th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Hehe ok, tough I have enough with my electric guitar now :P

unregistered user
January 5th, 2005, 03:26 PM
*Ahem* I think I'm the only one here who still plays the Flute...:confused: =/...well since Lunarcat quit.

2 Die FR
January 6th, 2005, 03:26 AM
Forget I ever said it.:(

nafklt
January 6th, 2005, 05:07 AM
It would be really awesome if I knew how to play the sitar...:P I just got a djembe for Christmas, but I don't exactly know how to play it...:confused:

unregistered user
January 6th, 2005, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by 2 Die FR
Umm...Please don't take this in the wrong way, Kenyi, but isn't the flute a girl's instrument for the most part? Come to think of it, unofficially there are a couple of gender favorables as far as instruments go generally speaking...tuba is usually played by guys, for its size I guess, and at least in my band there are more girl clarinets, and no guy fluties, so there are gender favorites but that isn't necessarily true. Trumpets, trombones, saxes, and percussion are pretty much even.

Dude...No! that is really really really biased of you and of all others thinking that. I mean...I've heard a few people laugh about it and comment that "Oh yeah, because it sounds like this it means that it just has to be a girl's instrument." Or w/e. *Sighs* Honestly, do you have to be guy to play the flute? Or a girl to play the trumpet? Just of think of it like the Caucasians and African-Americans and before. =/ It kinda upsets me because I hear it all the time and I'm real tired. I don't mean to be bitter or mean, but it isn't meant for just 'girl's' and people get that perspective stuck in their head all the time that instruments have this certain type of masculinity or feminity(sp?) and that only this gender can play. It's one thing to think about it, but it's another thing by insulting or w/e it is. See, that's where you're wrong 2DR. I've known a few guys from my last school that have played the flute and lots of other guys who play them in other ones. I don't think it really matters, girls or guys. It should and is made for all. Take James Galway, the male flutist who plays the flute solo in the LOTR Trilogy, and even our male band director last year played the flute and he still plays it. =/ And so to answer your question, the answer would be no, for the most part the flute is not 'just' a girl's instrument. Btw, I know some girls who play the trumpet too, is that so wrong? Okay, I don't mean to hurt anybody but...it's just not.

nafklt
January 6th, 2005, 05:50 AM
I heard it's really hard to play the flute or actually all of the woodwind instruments. And I agree with Kenyi, the best chefs in the world are male, but I think you should use the words "caucasian" and "african-american" instead of classifying by colours.

unregistered user
January 6th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by nafklt
I heard it's really hard to play the flute or actually all of the woodwind instruments. And I agree with Kenyi, the best chefs in the world are male, but I think you should use the words "caucasian" and "african-american" instead of classifying by colours.

Yes, of course Nafklt. I'll refrain from using those two words. I apologize for the rude terms and if I have insulted anybody.:(Correction: 'Caucasian' and 'African-American'. I agree with you Naf and thanks for backing me up.;) Many people have said that the Flute is a hard instrument to play...hmm...I can't say much, but my band director agrees that it is a difficult instrument. Who knows? I guess everyone has their own opinion added with experience.

nafklt
January 6th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Yes, of course Nafklt. I'll refrain from using those two words. I apologize for the rude terms and if I have insulted anybody.:(Correction: 'Caucasian' and 'African-American'. I agree with you Naf and thanks for backing me up.;) Many people have said that Flute is a hard instrument to play...hmm...I can't say much, but my band director agrees that it is a difficult instrument. Who knows? I guess everyone has their own opinion added with experience.

Yep, no prob. I tried playing the Chinese Flute before, but it seemed impossible, and so now it hangs on a wall in my room...:P :hehe:

unregistered user
January 6th, 2005, 06:04 AM
Aww hehe. Sounds cool, but I don't know how to play the Chinese Flute.:p Do they have like a guide that comes with it? Hehe.:D

nafklt
January 6th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Aww hehe. Sounds cool, but I don't know how to play the Chinese Flute.:p Do they have like a guide that comes with it? Hehe.:D

Here's mine:P

http://img87.exs.cx/img87/3796/chineseflute5kh.jpg

I know it looks harmless, but I can't even make a sound...:G Hmm...I don't think it came with a manual. :confuzzled:

Le_Roi_Lion
January 6th, 2005, 11:29 AM
I play a guitar.

starionwolf
January 7th, 2005, 03:15 AM
I used to play the recorder in elementary school. I use the computer to make module and MIDI music. I don't even use an electronic MIDI keypad.

2 Die FR
January 7th, 2005, 05:31 AM
:( Oh gosh, I am really really really sorry Kenyi. Slap me please. That was rude, you are absolutely right. I don't know what I was thinking. I hate it so much when people make fun of me just because I do things that are perfectly ok but they make a big deal about it, and now I'm doing their end of the hurt:( :( :( Please please ignore what I said, I regret I ever did, I never meant it. Play the flute. Be an individual. Playing an instrument is a very special talent to have. I didn't mean to ridicule you :( and I keep using this frowny face but that's how I feel right now:( Man, I feel like crap now. Will you forgive me?

Xinithian
January 7th, 2005, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by nafklt
I heard it's really hard to play the flute or actually all of the woodwind instruments. And I agree with Kenyi, the best chefs in the world are male, but I think you should use the words "caucasian" and "african-american" instead of classifying by colours. It doesn't matter, don't push "political correctness" too hard. Nobody is offended by the term white and black.

lion_roog
January 7th, 2005, 06:53 AM
It doesn't matter, don't push "political correctness" too hard. Nobody is offended by the term white and black.

I fully agree.

unregistered user
January 7th, 2005, 07:00 AM
:( Oh gosh, I am really really really sorry Kenyi. Slap me please. That was rude, you are absolutely right. I don't know what I was thinking. I hate it so much when people make fun of me just because I do things that are perfectly ok but they make a big deal about it, and now I'm doing their end of the hurt:( :( :( Please please ignore what I said, I regret I ever did, I never meant it. Play the flute. Be an individual. Playing an instrument is a very special talent to have. I didn't mean to ridicule you :( and I keep using this frowny face but that's how I feel right now:( Man, I feel like crap now. Will you forgive me?

:hugs:Hey...I didn't mean it in an aggressive and fierce way, 2DR...I'm sorry for acting like that. It's alright and it isn't your fault...I think part of this comes from peer pressure...well partly. It doesn't really matter if people say it, but having it to be repetitive for too long is just too much. You don't need to apologize...I shouldn't have attacked you like that. It's just people get the whole idea mixed up all the time, and to tell you the truth...It's not just flutes that get the same 'biased' thoughts. I mean...just because a certain gender favors 'this' instrument, doesn't necessary mean that it's labeled a "a male's instrument" vice-versa about girls. =/ And...there was a time when I thought the flute was just for girls too, so I should probably stop right there, heh. So, don't worry 2DR. (Btw, I won't slap ya lol. I think it's me that deserves the slapping.) It ain't your fault and you're still a good friend of mine.:hugs:So Hakuna Matata dude.:hakuna::)*Hugs*

lion_roog
January 7th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Hakuna Matata, Dudes.:cheese:

That was awesome when I heard the Maximum Exposure narrator say that at the end of a lion hunt clip.....then again he also refered to the lions as "Simba and Friends"......:D

2 Die FR
January 7th, 2005, 11:57 PM
:hugs:Hey...I didn't mean it in an aggressive and fierce way, 2DR...I'm sorry for acting like that. It's alright and it isn't your fault...I think part of this comes from peer pressure...well partly. It doesn't really matter if people say it, but having it to be repetitive for too long is just too much. You don't need to apologize...I shouldn't have attacked you like that. It's just people get the whole idea mixed up all the time, and to tell you the truth...It's not just flutes that get the same 'biased' thoughts. I mean...just because a certain gender favors 'this' instrument, doesn't necessary mean that it's labeled a "a male's instrument" vice-versa about girls. =/ And...there was a time when I thought the flute was just for girls too, so I should probably stop right there, heh. So, don't worry 2DR. (Btw, I won't slap ya lol. I think it's me that deserves the slapping.) It ain't your fault and you're still a good friend of mine.:hugs:So Hakuna Matata dude.:hakuna::)*Hugs*
Done, and done, Kenyi. If it's all right with you, now that (my) lessons have been learned, let's move on. And thanks. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
*SIGH*

unregistered user
January 8th, 2005, 12:05 AM
:pFine by me. I played the trumpet for 5 days and ditched it for the flute. XD Hehe, now I'm learning a bit on the drums hehe.:)

2 Die FR
January 8th, 2005, 12:26 AM
*scoffs* augh, you ditched the trumpet?:eek: :gasp:for shame! lol jk :p There are enough trumpet players to go around...in our band the trumpet section is the largest of any!
Hey, you're learning to play the drums, eh? Very nice! I dunno if I could do it myself...I think I could keep a consistent beat going but I don't know if I can do one thing with one hand, something else with another, and feet too...Augh! Too much coordination!
btw 'Augh' is another word I made up I think, along with Ut. Don't ask me what they mean:confused: lol

2 Die FR
January 8th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Oops, I double posted! Augh! Ut?!?

nafklt
January 8th, 2005, 01:25 AM
It doesn't matter, don't push "political correctness" too hard. Nobody is offended by the term white and black.

Okay... then I guess it depends where you are...:hmm: Because over here, if you refer to people by colours, they could beat the hell outta ya', especially because there are a more vast variety of cultures and stuff. And I'll just refrain myself from sayin' anything else.

:lol:

lion_roog
January 8th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Yeah, it could depend on where you live....here you'd get your *** beat if you called a Mexican dude a "spic", a Black dude a "nigga", or a White dude a "kracka"....but I find most White dudes don't really care if you call them that.

unregistered user
January 8th, 2005, 06:20 AM
*scoffs* augh, you ditched the trumpet?:eek: :gasp:for shame! lol jk :p There are enough trumpet players to go around...in our band the trumpet section is the largest of any!
Hey, you're learning to play the drums, eh? Very nice! I dunno if I could do it myself...I think I could keep a consistent beat going but I don't know if I can do one thing with one hand, something else with another, and feet too...Augh! Too much coordination!
btw 'Augh' is another word I made up I think, along with Ut. Don't ask me what they mean:confused: lol

Well, actually I've been playing the drums just this September...:eww: I'm not that good lol.

:lol:Crazy 2DR.:p I think those are called "Interjections" correct me if I'm wrong, hehe.

2 Die FR
January 9th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Well, actually I've been playing the drums just this September...:eww: I'm not that good lol.
:lol:Crazy 2DR.:p I think those are called "Interjections" correct me if I'm wrong, hehe.
You'll get better with practice, just like anything I suppose. ;)
And yeah, you're right, they're stupid made-up interjections. I make up a lot of words and then people think I'm strange. But then, in some weird perverted ways, I am.:idiot:

unregistered user
January 9th, 2005, 06:39 AM
You'll get better with practice, just like anything I suppose. ;)
And yeah, you're right, they're stupid made-up interjections. I make up a lot of words and then people think I'm strange. But then, in some weird perverted ways, I am.:idiot:

:lol: *Backs away from the peverted 2DR*:p I see... Augh! Ut?!:lol:

2 Die FR
January 9th, 2005, 06:41 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Great, now I'm scaring people!! :eek:

Hanshilo
January 14th, 2005, 09:42 PM
My guitar is so cool although i can't play it yet i can juss mess about on it...
Tis cool my sister can play the guitar she plays i sing.
"Don't break my heart, my ache breakey heart."
:lol:

unregistered user
January 14th, 2005, 10:53 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Great, now I'm scaring people!! :eek:

Yes...yes you are 2DR.:evilgrin::p

2 Die FR
January 14th, 2005, 11:10 PM
:cheese: Just one of my services, free of charge!

nathalie
January 15th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Don't mind the background :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/moorhunhe/hobby.jpg

Ngatuny
January 15th, 2005, 05:39 PM
I'm learning guitar, this is my guitar I bought from a friend.:evilgrin:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/ngatuny/SA160QMAM.jpg

btw: this pic was taken from the Ibanez website.

klowd
January 15th, 2005, 06:15 PM
The pic is from Fender website, but this is the guitar I have :D

http://tinypic.com/199oix

Khaki
January 15th, 2005, 06:37 PM
I play guitar, But im more into the accoustic than the electric. I love doing real complicated picking patterns without the pick like Classical Gas and whatnot ;)

Xinithian
January 15th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Don't mind the background :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/moorhunhe/hobby.jpg This is my temporary one:
http://www.frisia-toene.de/dat3/stagg-b300n.jpg

But I want to save up and buy a warwick (www.warwickbass.com) . Preferrably this model:
http://www.musik-service.de/Bass/Images/Warwick_Katana.jpg

Ragoom
January 15th, 2005, 10:47 PM
ooo thats a sexy base!!!!
atm Im using a marshal rocket, wanna get a less paaul vintage or a white classic

Xinithian
January 15th, 2005, 11:25 PM
I can't decide if I want to go fretless, though. However, if I did go fretless, I think I'd want the outlines of where the frets would go.

Ragoom
January 15th, 2005, 11:32 PM
aye, that wld b pretty hard though. how long hav u been playin 4?

Xinithian
January 15th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Ragoom
aye, that wld b pretty hard though. how long hav u been playin 4? Not long at all (only almost a month), but I hate it when I keep hitting the frets. It would also be easier to slide on a fretless.

unregistered user
January 15th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Awesome Guitars guys!:)

but I still think acoustic rulez.;):p

Xinithian
January 15th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Awesome Guitar!

but I still think acoustic rulez.;):p Acoustic bass?

unregistered user
January 15th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Acoustic bass?

just a type of model that I like, yes.:p:)

Ragoom
January 16th, 2005, 12:09 AM
It would also be easier to slide on a fretless.
your right, sliding is crap with frets its just sounds like cheesy music for going down stairs,it can be annoying on guitars on the lower e strings aswell :p
Pluss hammering on wld b better with a frettles...:thinks:

unregistered user
January 16th, 2005, 02:40 AM
I play the piano.

nathalie
January 16th, 2005, 11:23 AM
I would sooooooooooooooo love to have this bass, it's a music man.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/moorhunhe/3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/moorhunhe/skanderborg13-8-20001.jpg

SimbaTLK1
January 18th, 2005, 03:53 AM
I Play both Alto and Tenor Sax (very well):irule: :irule: , some piano (not very well though), and I can kind of play the dulcimer :evilgrin:

Nala '04
January 20th, 2005, 04:07 AM
you guys sound very talented :cheese: I have always wanted to play the flute but haven't gotten around to it :hehe:, however i have played piano for about 4 almost 5 years :irule: :p i went back and forth from several different teachers though so i am not as good as i could have been if i wouldn't have been switched so many times! :rolleyes:

2 Die FR
January 20th, 2005, 04:56 AM
...which reminds me, I need to practice my trumpet!!:yuck: I'd rather not at the mo...

Sadiki
January 20th, 2005, 09:15 AM
only instrument what I really can play is my mouth but I do it with skills what not many do have ;)

nafklt
January 21st, 2005, 08:16 AM
I wanna learn the triangle...:hmm:

2 Die FR
January 22nd, 2005, 05:55 AM
:lol: good luck, nafklt

Kasun
January 23rd, 2005, 09:50 AM
Electric/acoustic guitar and violin for me

nathalie
January 23rd, 2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by SimbaTheMighty
only instrument what I really can play is my mouth but I do it with skills what not many do have ;)

And you play it well :)

Xinithian
January 23rd, 2005, 09:47 PM
Did you know that the bassists for Nightwish, Winger, Helloween, Duran Duran, Foghat, Poison, P.O.D, Hootie and the Blowfish, Slipknot, Three Doors Down, Alice in Chains/ Ozzy Ozbourne, Nickelback, Incubus, Dave Matthews Band, Mudvayne, Limp Bizkit, Billy Idol, and Tesla all use Warwick basses?

klowd
January 23rd, 2005, 09:54 PM
Marco Hietala rulezzz!!!!

unregistered user
January 23rd, 2005, 11:10 PM
...which reminds me, I need to practice my trumpet!!:yuck: I'd rather not at the mo...

which reminds me...I need to practice my flute.:eww: >.< and I still haven't gotten it repaired yet and I still need to do that, heh. =/ I think I'll just do it tommorow.:eww:

HasiraKali
January 24th, 2005, 05:44 AM
I've been wanting to play lately. But my classes are so much work I'm either too tired or just not in the mood to do so when I get home. :( But string ensembles starts again in a few weeks so that's a good thing. :D

2 Die FR
January 25th, 2005, 04:42 AM
which reminds me...I need to practice my flute.:eww: >.< and I still haven't gotten it repaired yet and I still need to do that, heh. =/ I think I'll just do it tommorow.:eww:
Which reminds meeee...;)
that I need a new mouthpiece for my twumpet instwament because it got stuck on one time a few weeks ago and I couldn't get it out, so I took out the pliers and got it out but put deep gashes on the mouthpiece.
Hehe I'm sooo brilliant:Ooo:...not
*plays taps for deceased mouthpiece:( *

unregistered user
January 25th, 2005, 05:07 AM
which remind meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!:lol: that...

lol, I should fix the screw in the back of flute...which...I haven't done yet.:p Oi...everyone'll had of a flute screeching in class.:lol: Anyways, since I have two I'll just bring in the other one, use some of it's spare parts for now and then repair the other one later.:p

2 Die FR
January 25th, 2005, 05:17 AM
**Instructions for assembling trumpet:**
1. Insert mouthpiece.

:eek: Soo difficult!! :lol:

Fire_Hazard
March 13th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Hey everyone! Some of you probably know that I play drums. Been playing for 3 1/2 years and studying intensly. I play in a high school jazz band and I also play in a rock band called "Raw Enforcement". I have had SO many jokes told about drummers, it's not even funny. But, I say: Without me, you couldn't even count past your feet :p.

Does anyone else play any instruments?

Kovu The Lion
March 13th, 2006, 04:16 AM
awesome :p

I play the bass guitar ;P easy to play, easier to learn, fun to play also oO..

Tri - Ra for the win :D =D

~KTL

nathalie
March 13th, 2006, 04:21 AM
Wow, I play bass, and it's nothing but easy, haha

Depending on what you play I guess, don't know, hehe.

*threads merged*
Use the SEARCH button, it ain't here for decoration only ;)

Amaryllis
March 13th, 2006, 01:37 PM
aqoustic guitar for me, and Ocarina soon =3

Avalon
March 13th, 2006, 03:02 PM
I play acoustic guitar, well I own one steel string and a nylon string guitar so I can play both. And I can also play eletric guitar but I don't have that xP And I also play a little flute and keyboard :cheese:

And KTL Tri-Ra RUULES!! :D

A-non-a-mus
March 13th, 2006, 05:41 PM
I've posted somewhere in this thread before... ah well... I play Ocarina, Electric guitar, Drums... flute... for me wind instruments are easy to learn...

KanuTGL
March 13th, 2006, 07:42 PM
DRUMS! :D
My absolute fave instrument! x)

I've only played for some more than a year though... But I'm gettin' better :p

Second to drums, it's gotta be bass. Just so cool! My brother plays it so I can borrow his sometimes xD

Aaand after that... guitar. Which I played for four years, then took a break and now plays every now and then...

Daniel
March 13th, 2006, 07:59 PM
i dont like to blow my own trumpet :p

Krypto
March 13th, 2006, 08:14 PM
I play guitar, drums and piano. :cheese:

Xinithian
March 14th, 2006, 12:47 AM
I play bass. I suppose that it is a fairly easy instrument, but there's definetly a lot of theory behind bass. The theory seperates the good bassists (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8688062617146786608&q=billy+sheehan) from the bad ones.

Originally posted by Daniel
i dont like to blow my own trumpet :p Yeah, you seem perfectly content with blowing mine. :bleen:

Storm90
March 14th, 2006, 01:26 AM
I play the cello for six years now. :D Very cool instrument..^_^

Nicoga
March 14th, 2006, 02:19 AM
I use to play the clarinet until the band members started being jerks to me. Section leader was an idjit too. >>; But, I'm use to being randomly hated now.

I'm trying to get my brother to pick up the Clarinet when he gets into band so my parents won't have to buy another instrument. It's still useable...I think. :D

lionloversam
March 14th, 2006, 02:58 AM
I use to play the piano. Then after I stoped that, I took voice lessons for a short time.

Sombolia
March 14th, 2006, 03:19 AM
Mmm, you say bass is easy.. but can you play through a whole song? Standing? While doing the Deaky Bop? HMM.

Not that I can, but y'know.

Err, I'm learning how to play bass guitar. Actually, I probably would have it down by now, if I didn't get to practice once every two weeks. *rolls eyes* Need.. own.. bass..

Black_raven
March 15th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Nicoga
I use to play the clarinet until the band members started being jerks to me. Section leader was an idjit too. >>; But, I'm use to being randomly hated now.

I'm trying to get my brother to pick up the Clarinet when he gets into band so my parents won't have to buy another instrument. It's still useable...I think. :D

I still play the clarinet but not in a band anymore for the same reason of people being jerks.
Most people in the band were younger than me yet could play better than me so I kind of looked really rubbish back then :lol:

I also play various whistles, recorders
I tend to play woodwind best and I plan on getting the saxaphone soon.

I would LOVE to be able to play the guitar, I tried and failed 'cos I just can't get the hang of string instruments :P

Krypto
March 16th, 2006, 05:02 PM
I did used to play the clarinet, too. Hmm...I wonder why that didn't come to mind before. :cheese:

unregistered user
March 16th, 2006, 05:17 PM
I'm da Lea official drummer... J/k..
yeah I play drum and still learning piano ;).