PDA

View Full Version : Music Legacy Collection: The Lion King (CD)

Kirauni
May 7th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Great news, my friends and fellow TLK-fans!
Our demands for a release of an extended TLK-score have finally been answered :wow:

As Fenrir over at the Savannah just told me, there will be an official release of an extended score on 24th of June 2014.
The 2 discs will contain:

the original soundtrack (yeah... rrrrigh!)
30 minutes of unreleased score (!)
and liner notes from the producer, Don Hahn, and Academy Award-winning composer, Hans Zimmer. (Nice!)

I'm not sure if it's really "unheard" or if it's comparable to the unofficial "complete score", but I'm all excited now! :timonrockon2:
2014 really seems to be our year.

Have a look here for more information:
Blogs.disney.com (http://blogs.disney.com/disney-playlist/2014/05/06/celebrate-the-disney-classics-with-the-legacy-collection/?cmp=SMC|blgmusic|Playlist-May|FB|legacyTLK-LionKing|InHouse|050614|||esocialmedia|||)

And it can also be pre-ordered on amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JQHOEAU/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00JQHOEAU&linkCode=as2&tag=stitking-20&linkId=B2BJOUXRFMI254JV).

s-tlk
May 7th, 2014, 10:27 AM
It has been a while since they were any real news on TLK, but now that the 20th anniversary is approaching we may finally get what we deserved. Although for me this long awaited dream is fulfilled not before I hold the CDs in my hands. It sounds to good to be true. ;-)
On stitchkingdom there is also a (preliminary ?) track list: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-legacy-collection-lion-king-70764/

Disc One
1) ‘Circle of Life/Nants’ Ingonyama’ Performed by Carmen Twillie, African Vocals Performed by Lebo M
2) ‘Didn’t Your Mother Tell You Not to Play With Your Food’ Score
3) ‘We Are All Connected’ Score
4) ‘Hyenas in the Pride Land’ Score
5) ‘I Just Can’t Wait to Be King’ Performed by Jason Weaver with Rowan Atkinson and Laura Williams
6) ‘Elephant Graveyard’ Score
7) ‘I Was Just Trying to Be Brave’ Score
8) ‘Be Prepared’ Performed by Jeremy Irons with Whoopi Goldberg, Cheech Marin and Jim Cummings
9) ‘Simba, It’s to Die For’ Score
10) ‘Stampede’ Score
11) ‘Mufasa Dies’ Score
12) If You Ever Come Back We’ll Kill You’ Score
13) ‘Bowling for Buzzards’ Score
14) ‘Hakuna Matata’ Performed by Nathan Lane, Ernie Sabella with Jason Weaver and Joseph Williams
15) ‘We Gotta Bone to Pick With You’ Score
16) ‘Kings of the Past’ Score
17) ‘Nala, Is It Really You?’ Score
18) ‘Can You Feel the Love Tonight’ Performed by Joseph Williams and Sally Dworsky with Nathan Lane, Ernie Sabella and Kristle Edwards
19) ‘Remember Who You Are’ Score
20) ‘This Is My Home’ Score
21) ‘The Rightful King’ Score

Disc Two
1) ‘The Morning Report’ Performed by James Earl Jones, Jeff Bennett and Evan Saucedo
2) ‘Warthog Rhapsody’ Performed by Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella
3) ‘We Are All Connected ‘Score Demo
4) ‘I Was Just Trying to Be Brave’ Score Demo
5) ‘Stampede’ Score Demo
6) ‘Mufasa Dies’ Score Demo
7) ‘This Is My Home’ Score Demo
8) ‘The Rightful King’ Score Demo
9) ‘Circle of Life’ Instrumental Demo
10) ‘Circle of Life’ Performed by Elton John
11) ‘I Just Can’t Wait to Be King’ Performed by Elton John
12) ‘Can You Feel the Love Tonight’ (End Title) Performed by Elton John

At least we know now there is something happening on the 20th anniversary of TLK and it will not simply pass by. :-)

Azerane
May 7th, 2014, 11:47 AM
I just pre-ordered mine :D Very exciting :) I'm not 100% sure on what the tracks will be either in regards to whether it truly is a complete score, but I sure hope so.

Dare
May 7th, 2014, 01:46 PM
\o/ BALLOONS! CONFETTI! HUZZAH! \o/

Well, my day is certainly looking brighter now.
Just pre-ordered mine - even if it's not a complete score, it'll be more than I have in my collection now.

nathalie
May 7th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Apparently the pre-order on amazon is only 1 disc!

Kirauni
May 7th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Hmm maybe they got the info wrong? I mean just think of what cover amazon used before the BluRay came out... I sure hope they'll correct it. I don't think they'd sell only one disc.

s-tlk
May 7th, 2014, 03:55 PM
When they sell only one disc, there is not enough space to get the original soundtrack and 30 minutes of new Score on it. So I think it is safe to assume the info is simply wrong.

Guntur
May 7th, 2014, 04:13 PM
From what I read and based my opinion, it's a brand new tracklist than the original soundtrack uses, Possibly it goes scene by scene or act by act on this new CD. Which is what I like about it.

nathalie
May 7th, 2014, 04:19 PM
A friend posted it on the Lea FB group

Check your orders people. The cd only comes with one disc not the 2 advertised. I've emailed amazon customer services and they are saying it only has one disc :S not sure what to do now!

I'll just wait till it comes out.
I don't wanna get a 1-disc if there is a seperate 2-disc aswell, with Disney you really can't tell *tsss*.

Guntur
May 7th, 2014, 04:28 PM
I don't wanna get a 1-disc if there is a seperate 2-disc aswell, with Disney you really can't tell *tsss*.

Yeah, I don't think it's the final tracklist based on the article. Anyway I can't wait to buy this on black friday.

KanuTGL
May 7th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Ooooh! Now this is rather exciting :D

Sharifu
May 7th, 2014, 05:25 PM
A friend posted it on the Lea FB group

Yeah, I think I would rather wait too then per-ordering it right now. Although for just a second I thought June 24 was far away from now, and then I thought, "Wait a minute, that's not so far away..." :p

nathalie
May 7th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Haha yeah.
When I had Eddie Izzard's DVD in pre-order, the info and cover kept changing every weeks for about 5 months, so ill just keep an eye on it.

s-tlk
May 9th, 2014, 06:44 AM
Now they have corrected the number of discs and put in the "big" cover picture.
http://www.amazon.com/Legacy-Collection-The-Lion-King/dp/B00JQHOEAU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399617502&sr=8-1

Number of Discs: 2

When we are already speaking of it: What do you think about the cover, assuming it is the final version? At first I find it a little bit weird, but now I'm getting used to the abstract drawing. I think it is inspired by one of these early concept drawings, but I cannot name it for now.

Azerane
May 9th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Heck yeah!! :D Glad they've updated the info on it. Hoping it doesn't change back to 1 ;)

I like the cover art, it is very much like concept art, and I like it. It's always a very raw presentation, but also always very intentional in mood and feeling.

Guntur
May 9th, 2014, 12:21 PM
So, the leaked tracklist is accurate? good to hear that, I hope it will match like 10 or 15 million unit sold like on TLK soundtrack. ;)

nathalie
May 9th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Does anyone know what price they will charge you when you pre-order? Because it is now 2 bucks cheaper then 2 days ago.

Will they charge the lowest price they ever mentioned it during the period its for pre-sale?

Azerane
May 9th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Does anyone know what price they will charge you when you pre-order? Because it is now 2 bucks cheaper then 2 days ago.

Will they charge the lowest price they ever mentioned it during the period its for pre-sale?

Directly underneath the item nathalie, it says "Special Offers and Product Promotions" and it describes that they guarantee the lowest advertised price before release. You can click the little link and read more into it. I've never pre-ordered something from them though, so have never seen it in action.

nathalie
May 9th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Oh ok, I haven't been on my laptop yet, and the mobile amazon version on my phone doesn't seem to work correctly -_-

They did that with the Eddie Izzard DVD too on the UK site, they said whatever lowest price it would get, that's what you would get it for, even though if it went up again during the time it was available for pre-order.

s-tlk
May 9th, 2014, 06:36 PM
I pre-ordered several things on amazon and even when the price changes a few days after the release you get the difference back. Otherwise pre-ordering makes not much sense, does it? But I doubt that this collection will be much cheaper than that and honestly I don't care. I want it no matter what the coasts are. :-P

ThiagoPE
May 9th, 2014, 08:35 PM
I also want it but im now unsure of what i should do to get it: if i buy it directily from amazon, they will charge me 100% of duty (but at least theu guarantee the deliver here)... if i ask for someone buy there and then re-send for me, is quite easy for the brazilian mail lose it.

Thanks for your kind help s-tlk, im still thinking of what i will do....

Simbaspirit
May 11th, 2014, 12:03 PM
So excited for this! :D There's also an LP of the soundtrack limited to 4,500 at hot topic (of course).

Guntur
May 15th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Audio aficionado would love to have that LP, man I would die to own that LP.

nathalie
May 15th, 2014, 08:12 PM
The 2003 LP from Disney store is so much prettier. But extremely pricey if you manage to find it on eBay :(

Azerane
May 18th, 2014, 12:25 PM
I received updated shipping information today. According to the release date, instead of an estimate shipping arrival date of July 8-11th, it will now be arriving July 7-10th! Woah!!! :wow: :lol:

nathalie
May 18th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Lolz, got it too, it just moves up 1-2 days for me, haha, so it can still arrive between those 2 dates, God knows whenever :lol:

Previous estimated arrival date: July 21, 2014 - August 08, 2014
New estimated arrival date: July 18, 2014 - August 07, 2014

Azerane
May 23rd, 2014, 02:01 PM
Got another e-mail from Amazon, my arrival date has gone back to what it was originally :lol:

s-tlk
June 5th, 2014, 06:58 PM
In Disney's blog you find new art from the artist of the Cover, among other things (actually there is only one other thing), the back cover of The Lion King Legacy Collection:
http://blogs.disney.com/insider/2014/06/05/exclusive-new-art-from-the-legacy-collection-the-lion-king/

nathalie
June 9th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Price went down a little a few days ago ... for all I care it can go down a bit further :lol:

It's now below 17 $, I believe in the beginning it was a few dollars above 17 $

Guntur
June 9th, 2014, 12:08 PM
I think that's a good news, It would be crazy to pay more than 15 dollars for a 2 CD.

I'm hoping for a downloadable lossless audio format for like 12 or 13 dollars for it. I don't mind, at least I could listen to the songs like on CD.

HasiraKali
June 9th, 2014, 06:27 PM
This is being sold at Harambe Nights at Animal Kingdom. It comes with a lithograph (appears to just be the cover image) when purchased at the event. I'm thinking of picking that up when we go back in August if I can. Sister said she's getting me the CD for my birthday, but I might just have her wait until August if she hasn't ordered it yet.

nathalie
June 9th, 2014, 06:34 PM
I'm not really a fan yet of the cover image. Maybe if I see it for real it'll look a lot nicer.

Guntur
June 9th, 2014, 06:38 PM
I'm alright with every bit of the cover and the 2 CD's.

But there's one thing that bothered me is the track listing name, The unofficial Album have better names for the individual track.

But that just my 2 cent and point of view on this Legacy Collection TLK.

nathalie
June 10th, 2014, 03:47 AM
Probably because "unofficial people" also named those tracks?

Because isn't that one just a copy from the laserdisc? I was always told, you could extract the music like that from a laserdisc.

Zingela
June 10th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Probably because "unofficial people" also named those tracks?

Because isn't that one just a copy from the laserdisc? I was always told, you could extract the music like that from a laserdisc.

Depends on which bootleg. One of the recordings from the early 2000s or so was a rough recording straight from the film, with the center audio track muted and a some errant sound effects and artifacts present from trying to edit out the rest of the audio.

The one from the last year or so is supposedly a leaked copy from a recording session of the score, which (again, supposedly) use the (possible, heh) cue names from the sheet music to the score. Of the two, I'd be more inclined to go with the latter's track listing.
This version is also a much cleaner stereo recording of the music, and seems to contain a few cues that are slightly different than the final music as heard within the film. Quick example off of the top of my head being the scene when we first meet Scar. In the film, his theme is being played on woodwinds and strings when he is talking to the mouse, where in the recording session leak there is a sax, marimba and pizzicato strings and percussion. Much less subtle than what we ended up with in the final film score.

As far as a laserdisc rip, it is possible when a film has an isolated score audio track (many films on laserdisc do). I'm not aware that any version of TLK on laserdisc contained this, sadly.

Either way, I'm hoping the Legacy Collection will contain the full score, but even if not, it is certainly much more than we've seen released officially for this film. I'm pretty grateful for that.
Didn't know about the litho available with it at Harambe Nights, I'll definitely have to buy another copy when I am there in August for it! :)

Guntur
June 10th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Welcome to the forum Zingela.

Thanks for the insight about the difference between the old bootleg and the new bootleg.

Yeah Nathalie, I hope people just made up those tracklist or else I'll be disappoint over the cringey tracklist.

nathalie
June 10th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Well, they had to call them something in the end ... :p

Guntur
June 10th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Oh yeah, I have to live with it. :lol: :haha:

s-tlk
June 10th, 2014, 11:04 PM
And yet another new peace of artwork from the Legacy Collection: http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/2014/06/09/feast-your-eyes-on-this-exclusive-new-art-from-the-legacy-collection-the-lion-king/
The blog is a very nice and smart idea from Disney, constantly adding small peaces, so you keep talking about it. ;-)

The first bootleg, which was not based on the leak of the original score, used the 5.1 DVD audio track and they removed the center line, which mostly contained talk and vocals. With a little filtering here and there they removed most of the background noise. To be honest I thought the leak score was compared to that the most decent music we could get, but now I think I'm wrong. I was even thinking about trying to do it with the LD 5.1 audio tracked, which I ripped some time ago, because the channels are more clear compared to the DVD SE, but now I don't think it is not necessary anymore. :-)
I also heard the rumor, that we get with the Legacy, the real mostly unmodified studio recording, which contains the Score in its original speed. They needed to speed up the tracks to get it in sync with the movie. But I'm not sure if this is really true. At least I don't have a reliable source.

HasiraKali
June 19th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Didn't know about the litho available with it at Harambe Nights, I'll definitely have to buy another copy when I am there in August for it! :)

When will you be at Harambe Nights? My sister and I are going to the last one on August 9th. :)

Sharifu
June 19th, 2014, 11:07 PM
How much was it at Harambe Nights? Was it being sold when you were there? I know the release date isn't until June 24, but I thought they might be selling it earlier there.

HasiraKali
June 20th, 2014, 03:06 AM
It was being sold at the event on the 7th and 14th (which have been the only two so far). It was only being sold during the event itself. I believe the sign posted online said it was $18 for the CD and litho. There wasn't anything special at the TLK merchandise shop other than stuff we already knew about and that's been around for years. I did see the limited edition phone case at a different shop, but I wasn't interested in that. Everything else (pins shirts, this CD) is being sold during Harambe Nights only.

Sharifu
June 21st, 2014, 08:17 PM
I guess I am just trying to decide for myself if I should have someone pick up a copy for me at Harambe Nights (if someone is going to that event and is willing to do that for me) just so I can have the litho, or should I order it online or buy it at a local store that sells Music CDs. I am assuming they will be sold at regular stores too...

HasiraKali
June 21st, 2014, 11:44 PM
I'm hoping they sell it at like Barnes and Noble or something like that. If not, I'll just get it on Amazon or AK.

ThiagoPE
June 22nd, 2014, 12:46 AM
the frist getting it, please provide pictures of it.

Sharifu
June 22nd, 2014, 03:22 AM
I'm hoping they sell it at like Barnes and Noble or something like that. If not, I'll just get it on Amazon or AK.

Are you not going to Harambe Nights in August when you go to DisneyWorld again?

HasiraKali
June 22nd, 2014, 06:47 AM
No, I am. I'm just not sure I can wait that long. ;) My sister said she was getting it for me for my birthday, but I don't know if that's still happening or not.

s-tlk
June 22nd, 2014, 08:30 AM
the frist getting it, please provide pictures of it.
If you want some impression you can watch this youtube propaganda video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPL628K3IdE

ThiagoPE
June 22nd, 2014, 11:44 AM
Thanks Michael, I really want get it but how we are having serious issues with our mail service...

Enviado de meu LT26i usando Tapatalk

Kossu
June 22nd, 2014, 03:06 PM
If you want some impression you can watch this youtube propaganda video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPL628K3IdE

I was pondering about whether I'll purchase this or not...

But hey,the propaganda video worked pretty well on me so I've reached my decision :lol:

I'm really really curious about the booklet that goes with it *hopes for new unpublished art*

Guntur
June 22nd, 2014, 04:59 PM
Wow, the price drop from 21 dollars to 14.88$ in Amazon, looks like within next 36 hours its the end of the pre order production.

Vidan
June 24th, 2014, 01:34 AM
I ordered mine as well. It'll hopefully make up for the fact I missed that soundtrack vinyl that came out a while back. :lol:

s-tlk
June 24th, 2014, 06:32 AM
I've read that, in case you're now in the US, you can get it directly and to a considerably good price at Walmart.
Will someone mind to share the contents (yeah, I'm a bad person, I know, but cannot wait xD...) with the not so lucky ones? :-) I ordered mine some time ago, but in Germany it seems not to be in stock at the moment. Although my US ordered is already shipped, but I guess it will take a few days until it is delivered here.

HasiraKali
June 24th, 2014, 06:44 AM
If my sister's car wasn't blocking me, I'd totally go to Walmart right now and check.

KanuTGL
June 24th, 2014, 09:44 AM
I finally caved and decided to order mine off US Amazon. On the UK one it costs a lot more o_o The CD won't be here for a month, but, hey! :lol: I'm happy with the price, haha.

Azerane
June 24th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Only two more weeks until I should have mine :D

cleargreenwater
June 24th, 2014, 11:31 AM
I wonder if Target is going to get it, I have to return something there & can only get store credit back for it anyway :D

s-tlk
June 24th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Okay, got it. :-)
I already love it and didn't hear everything yet.

If you want a "sample" drop me a mail or PM. ^^

s-tlk
June 24th, 2014, 08:54 PM
A start of a small review, so you get an idea. :)

First of all, my impression is not bad. The Score songs are mostly familiar with what we know from the leaked bootleg version of "The Complete Score", however in cleaner and more intensive form. You will hear much more details then before, for instance in "I was just trying to be brave (Score)" some dark chorus like in a death song. "The Stampede" is one of the most intense songs in the Legacy Collection (I think) and you really feel like you were watching the movie, but since there are no background noises it is much more from a musical perspective.
In "This Is My Home (Score)" there is a nice surprise, they added Timon's Hula song in the end, which, when I heard it for the second time is somehow annoying. There is no good fade from the Score music to that Song. It would be better if they split that one up. One of the real masterpieces is beside the usual like "King of the past"..., "If You Ever Come Back We'll Kill You (Score)", where you can clearly hear Richard Harvey's pan flute tune. I love that part.
Most of the Demo songs from the second disc like "I Was Just Trying to Be Brave (Score Demo)" contains some never-heard-before Lebo M chorus chants. And the "Circle of Life" demo sounds a little bit like the midi 8-bit SNES version of the video game (imho). xD

I think it will take some time to compare the songs with the movie and the Demos and we can spent plenty of it, but as a general statement I can say, we are really lucky to get this, even if I have the feeling that there some parts missing, but I guess it is as close as we'll ever see, or in this case hear, it. :-)

HasiraKali
June 24th, 2014, 09:23 PM
I looked for it at Walmart and Target today and didn't see it. Of course, I was told not to go looking for it, so I had to be sneaky. I think I know what I'm getting for my birthday after all. :lol:

ThiagoPE
June 24th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Wow, reading this review made me want even more this release. Seems it is indeed a nice gift for us, tlk fans, to celebrate the 20 years.

Enviado de meu GT-S7273T usando Tapatalk

KanuTGL
June 24th, 2014, 10:09 PM
I really like the sounds of that, s-tlk! :D Can't wait to listen to it :)

Zingela
June 24th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Certainly different than the previous leaks and recordings, and worth owning if you are a fan of the film's score. It's fun to compare to the recording session leak and hear the changes and evolution of the final product. :)

Azerane
June 25th, 2014, 12:44 AM
So excited!!! Hurry up July 8th :p

Azerane
June 25th, 2014, 08:18 AM
I just got the e-mail, telling me it's shipped! :D So excited. It says July 10th for arrival, we'll see how close it is.

nathalie
June 25th, 2014, 07:28 PM
July 23 for me.
But I've also pre-ordered some books 2 years ago for my sister on amazon.com, and they got here like, 3 weeks earlier then the actual release date said when they were finally available.

I'm glad the price dropped about 6 $ though, lol.

s-tlk
June 25th, 2014, 09:03 PM
I got 4 USD back from my order, because it dropped in price now.

Also had now a closer look at the booklet and it is filled with some nice information, although I'm afraid not as much as you would expect from their announcement. I took some preliminary pictures of it, in case some of you are interested. They also have some nice drawings, but in total it is only 18 pages, which mostly includes the lyrics and two pages of Don Hahn notes, but there is also an explanation where the demo score songs would have been used and a brief summary of how an animated movie like TLK was made. Something like "from sketch to the final picture". But that's it.

Did you also notice directly in the beginning of "I just can't wait to be king" the fade over from the last song? I don't think this is intended.

Zingela
June 27th, 2014, 09:43 AM
The fade is present in the film, I would think it is intentional. Also see the end of CYFtLT's ending crossing into the next song.

Azerane
June 27th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Had a moment of panic because I got charged more on my bank account than what was on the e-mail from amazon. Forgot about stupid currency conversion :lol: Fortunately, the US and Aus dollar are pretty close right now.

nathalie
June 27th, 2014, 03:53 PM
I just had a random look at my bank account, because I had too, lol, and noticed they had taken the money off aswell.
Correctly, the lowest price it was incl. shipping, a little under 22 $ not bad :)

HasiraKali
June 27th, 2014, 07:44 PM
This is killing meeeeeee! I'm pretty sure it's in the house, but I can't have it until Wednesday. I want it noooooow.

Sharifu
June 27th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Why can't your sister just give it to you early, it's not like you don't know she's getting it for you... :p

HasiraKali
June 27th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Because she likes to torture me. She told me she didn't order it in time for my birthday, but she made me suspicious when she wouldn't let me go look for it because she was "in a hurry".

nathalie
June 28th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Hey, you got Eddie and the cd, so don't be greedy now :p

HasiraKali
June 28th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Well, I'm not entirely sure about the CD. :p I hope so though. If not, I'm ordering it Wednesday night.

Kirauni
June 28th, 2014, 08:59 PM
I got mine today! Yay :wow:

It was quite a mess, too. I pre-ordered it on Amazon in my country, however I didn't get it on the release date. Then I got an e-mail that the CD is unfortunately not available and that Amazon is not sure if they'll be able to get it. That got me quite worried... :worried:
I then ordered it from a different seller, but even a few days later the item had not been shipped. Then I finally got an e-mail from Amazon again! They told me that the CDs were sent and I'd get them on the 30th of June.
Well and today I got it already! That's so cool.

I took some time this evening and listend to CD 1 with my husband. The pieces are so beautiful and I'm pleased to finally own an official "extended" Soundtrack. There are some differences to the leaks of course. But so far I liked what I heard. I'll write some lines later, once I've also listend to the demo Tracks. I'm really curious what they will be like. But I'll do that tomorrow :)

Vidan
June 28th, 2014, 09:41 PM
I'm listening to the CD's right now. It's interesting hearing the differences between the orchestral demos and the final tracks. Some have distinct differences -- not necessarily in structure, but mix and instrumentation -- while others seem more or less identical to their final versions.

Azerane
July 2nd, 2014, 05:52 AM
Well the good news is, that today I received my CD, a whole week early!!! :D Only just put it on, so no feedback yet.

The unfortunate news is, like with most things I order from amazon, it arrived damaged (a hardcover book I ordered was packed loose without padding in a box that was too large for it so was just shaking around in the box). The CD, while in a padded bag, has a pushed in bottom corner, and so every single page on the inside is also damaged as a result. Pisses me off.

Edited to add that I am already completely in love with track 3 :)

nathalie
July 5th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Everyone has gotten theirs, nothing here yet :(

s-tlk
July 5th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Since a few days it is also on youtube, if you cannot help it anymore. ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMMIxuv2Wa-QWuwkKBY1m4w

Guntur
July 5th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Since a few days it is also on youtube, if you cannot help it anymore. ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMMIxuv2Wa-QWuwkKBY1m4w

I would love to read the comment section in those videos, but I have to wait like 2 or 3 month for that one.

KanuTGL
July 5th, 2014, 10:43 AM
I'm still waiting for mine too, Nathalie, so you're not alone :P The CD is not due here for almost another three weeks :ohno:

nathalie
July 5th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Sarah's got hers, and she's in the UK, so it's odd that Belgium and Sweden wouldn't have gotten it yet.
And the ones I know from Germany have gotten theirs also.

KanuTGL
July 5th, 2014, 05:57 PM
I ordered mine late though, so it's my own fault :lol: I do wonder what they're shipping it with though, since the package dispatched several days ago but it's still not supposed to arrive until that late. I'll have to keep checking the mail... xP

nathalie
July 5th, 2014, 07:08 PM
I pre-ordered some books from the .com site for my sister 2 years ago, once they were released they also got here 3 weeks before the arrival date they announced, lol.

They gave me a tracking number, but it ain't working -_-
I'm just scared, because some idiots have stolen our street sign, and if you don't know the area (meaning: being an external postal services) this street doesn't even show up on some older GPS systems (or even google maps at this moment), so there's no way of seeing from the main-street there are actually houses.

I called city hall over 3 months ago. I shall call them again on Monday anyways!

s-tlk
July 8th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Read on the mailing list, that you can find the bonus video of the Legacy Collection here: http://waltdisneyrecords.com/ecd/legacycollection/lionking/

nathalie
July 11th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Someone just tells me there's an Australian version? Comes in a regular jewel case, instead of the cardboard booklet/case thing.

HasiraKali
July 11th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Not heard that. I prefer the book one because I always end up breaking jewel cases.

Azerane
July 12th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Someone just tells me there's an Australian version? Comes in a regular jewel case, instead of the cardboard booklet/case thing.

Will have a look in my local music store on Monday after work. It's on their website, but it doesn't say what sort of case it comes in and it doesn't mean they have it in store either. It's also $30 :p

nathalie
July 12th, 2014, 01:51 PM
I would have like a jewel case over this cardboard thing. It eats dust, the discs are not fully protected, and will get damaged by just lying inbetween my other cd's, because those cases will press into the cardboard, haha.

I'm weird, but we already knew that ;)

First time in years I took a Lion King item out of the seal though :lol:

Guntur
July 12th, 2014, 01:58 PM
That would be interesting to own, I know Nath going to buy the soundtrack anyways. :lol:

I would say that if I'm going to import something? It's going to be the Australia's edition. it just much easier that way IMO.

nathalie
July 12th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Nathalie already received the cd 4 days ago ;)

I had it on pre-order from Amazon.com

KanuTGL
July 14th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Mine arrived today! :D I'm listening to it right now ~

Soo lovely <3

nathalie
July 14th, 2014, 04:35 PM
It's so strange, I recognize every bit of it, but I just cannot place it in the movie, haha. Time to watch it again then I guess.

Azerane
July 15th, 2014, 04:19 AM
Ok, so I forgot yesterday, but I remembered today to go and check out whether they had it in the hard case.

Yes, they do ($29.99). They also had what looks like a novelty sort of soundtrack with selected music from 1, 2 and 3 and artwork from a couple years ago on the cover ($19.99). They also had a 2 disc edition of the broadway soundtrack ($26.99), the second disc being a dvd with a 30 minute behind the scenes thing of the London (I think?) production.

nathalie
July 15th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Thanks! That Broadway is indeed the newest edition because of 10year anniversary. It was released 3 years ago or so. Its the US recording and a bonus DVD. I have it, but can't say if its about London, I think it was for the London anniversary.

Ugh, I would have wanted a jewel case more. Lol.

Azerane
July 15th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Have both? :lol:

nathalie
July 15th, 2014, 02:29 PM
I should hope my silly days like that are over, haha!

If its 100 % the same, cover and all, ill just have to be careful with the one I got now, hehe.

Yesterday while showing a friend on Skype what poor packaging, one of the discs already flew out :lol: