PDA

View Full Version : famous ancestors?

jannali
August 21st, 2004, 04:41 AM
i think i spelled that right :lol: just a random idea...anybody here related to someone famous? I'm related to the last kings of korea, forgot which province though..so i have a hint of royal blood in me :irule: ;) *IJCWTBK suddenly gets stuck in my head* so any of you know if you have famous relatives/ancestors? :cheese:

The_Real_King
August 21st, 2004, 05:09 AM
I don't know of any in this life but if you believe in the reincarnation and reality claims I'd be the reincarnation of Simba so I have royal spirital history I guess, and you'd know my ancessters.:cheese:

Prince Simba
August 21st, 2004, 05:24 AM
Henry Hudson is my 16th great uncle... on my dad's side

Simba_2004
August 21st, 2004, 05:34 AM
my step-fathers great...great uncle was Abe Lincoln ;), and I really can't think of anyone at this time, :hmm:

jannali
August 21st, 2004, 05:35 AM
wow abe lincoln? cool lol

Simba_TLK
August 21st, 2004, 05:42 AM
i have no idea about who my ancestors are :lol:
i know who my grandparents are, and thats as far as i know :p

Prince Kovu
August 21st, 2004, 06:21 AM
Um.. Wootsors one of my political aunts from my dad side is one of those tv news people.. wee!!.. -.-' cant think of anything more, lol

nafklt
August 21st, 2004, 06:50 AM
Zhu Xi, the great poet dude
Emperor Zhu Yuan Zhang, founder of the Ming dynasty

Ruska
August 21st, 2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by jannali
i think i spelled that right :lol: just a random idea...anybody here related to someone famous?

I don't know, I don't care, to be honest. "Fame" is just a fairy tale.

Ngatuny
August 21st, 2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Prince Kovu
Um.. Wootsors one of my political aunts from my dad side is one of those tv news people.. wee!!.. -.-' cant think of anything more, lol

Really who?

King Simba
August 21st, 2004, 09:27 AM
I can't think of any famous ancestors but my name does have 'King' in it, so I am royalty afterall! :lol:

Kovu
August 21st, 2004, 04:21 PM
Dunno. Not even sure if i'm biologically related to my father. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/KovuLKD/Smilie18.jpg

I'm related to the last kings of korea, forgot which province though..so i have a hint of royal blood in me :irule: ;)

How'd you know that you're related to them? :confused:

CheshireCat
August 21st, 2004, 04:37 PM
robert e. lee and stonewall jackson.

(i'm really REALLY southern.)

CheshireCat
August 21st, 2004, 04:38 PM
oh yes, and brett favre is my cousin. :D

A-non-a-mus
August 21st, 2004, 05:12 PM
woah... You ARE southern...

famous? hmmmm... my great uncle is one of the top spies.. (not retired yet)

my uncle was in the CIA.. and he was the one who designed the stealth bomber... and he designed the 'reader' that was later sold to apple computers by his partner which made the first graphical computer.... (He's done several other things as well up until lucimia took his life back in 1994)

My grandpa was a top engineer and he engineered the 'digger' that was put on the moon to collect samples of the moon..

one of my cousins is an actor (you can see him on that 'underwear energiser commerial')

these are all from my mom's side... (there's others as well)

my dad's side is untrackable since his parents changed their last names to what it currently is when they came to the US during WW2 to make them sound more american....

nathalie
August 21st, 2004, 05:42 PM
Mine are somewhere royals or something in that kind from France.

Not "real" royals, but as we say here: people with "bleu blood" (don't know that expression in English)

lionloversam
August 21st, 2004, 07:27 PM
my great great great great great uncle is Stonewall Jackson on my dads side

jannali
August 21st, 2004, 07:32 PM
maybe your related to chesire cat too then x3 lol

unregistered user
August 21st, 2004, 07:39 PM
I don't think I'm related to anybody famous...but I think my mom is. I'll have to ask her later to find out fo sure. :evilgrin:

Nephilim
August 21st, 2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Ruska
I don't know, I don't care, to be honest. "Fame" is just a fairy tale.

Mmhm, indeed.

Xinithian
August 21st, 2004, 08:24 PM
For privacy reasons I cannot tell.

starlioness
August 21st, 2004, 11:02 PM
my grandma says that I'm re-lated to Robert Morris, some guy who had too much time on his hands. and helped sign the Declartion of Independence or something like that. I think he got drunk afterwards :p:slimey: this on my mom's side ..*shrugs*

jannali
August 21st, 2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by starlioness
he got drunk afterwards

:lol:

Leopatra
August 21st, 2004, 11:31 PM
I don't know for sure but someone with my lastname (it's not a common lastname) was a Formula 1 Pilot and another one is an actor. And it seems like the doctor of Martin Luther (the lutheran church guy :P ) was related to me too :P I'm still catholic ;P

TakaTiger
August 22nd, 2004, 12:44 AM
i dunno if i do have any ancestors oO, and if i did, there prolly not famous xD

ShatteringGlass
August 22nd, 2004, 02:07 AM
no famous people in my family

lionloversam
August 22nd, 2004, 10:42 PM
maybe your related to chesire cat too then x3 lol

Hmmmm...... Maybe so. That would be cool to meet a distaint relative on LH.

Prince Simba
August 22nd, 2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by King Simba
I can't think of any famous ancestors but my name does have 'King' in it, so I am royalty afterall! :lol:

pfft... hey me too! i must be prince of some country that's never been heard of... time to name my new country :hmm:

we don't have a name yet, but WE'RE GOING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD! :bleen: :lol:

unregistered user
August 23rd, 2004, 01:52 AM
On my mom's side; Brad Pitt is my distant cousin. And I might also be related to Jefferson Davis.

On my dad's side.. Idk =/

History tidbit thing- Robert Morris? hehe, he went in debt and it took congress to get him out later by signing that bankruptcy thingy =P

Mabatu
August 23rd, 2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Simba_TLK
i have no idea about who my ancestors are :lol:
i know who my grandparents are, and thats as far as i know :p

This is pretty much the same for me too :lol:

All i know is my mum's heritage is scottish...i think :thinks:

Nephilim
August 23rd, 2004, 07:57 AM
Does everyone's mum come from Scotland or something? :hmm:

Lion King Stu
August 23rd, 2004, 07:58 AM
my dad came for south Africa my mums British
don't know if I have any famous ancestors must try and find out:confused:

unregistered user
August 23rd, 2004, 08:54 AM
Dont worry Neph, my parents doesnt come from Scotland :E

nafklt
August 23rd, 2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Boos
Dont worry Neph, my parents doesnt come from Scotland :E

Ditto.;)

nafklt
August 23rd, 2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
I'm supposedly related to William the Conqueror :cheese: !

That's pretty far back...:cool:

BluNikori
August 24th, 2004, 02:10 AM
I have a friend who's a descendent of General Westmoreland....lol

jannali
August 24th, 2004, 03:15 AM
my friend is related to some guy who discovered a volcano...guess he's not that famous cuz i dont remember his name lol x3

i wish i was related to a famous actor or something...that would be so cool...cant imagine being related to brad pitt *dreams* :lol:

unregistered user
August 24th, 2004, 05:38 AM
I'm not from Scotland either. I'm.. Irish, German, Welsh, Sioux, Apache, Cherokee. There may or may not be more, but those are the ones I know ^_^

Kovu
August 24th, 2004, 11:53 AM
I'm.... Singaporean. *proud* :ayecapn:
SG's quote of the year...
"The Force is with Singapore!" ~New Prime Minister, Mr. Lee Hsien Loong. :lol:

nafklt
August 24th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Kovu
I'm.... Singaporean. *proud* :ayecapn:
SG's quote of the year...
"The Force is with Singapore!" ~New Prime Minister, Mr. Lee Hsien Loong. :lol:

Coolness:cool:
-------------------------------------------------

Me niether... I'm not from Scotland, I'm from Beijing....:gasp: :hakuna:

nafklt
August 24th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Blehh... I'm also part Mongolian if you go back that far....:y

Cerise
August 24th, 2004, 06:47 PM
My boyfreind is related to Eli Whitney (inventor of the cotton gin);)

unregistered user
August 24th, 2004, 07:15 PM
My great-grandmother's cousin's daughter was Jim Lovell's (apollo 13 astronaut) wife.

A-non-a-mus
August 24th, 2004, 08:13 PM
I'm part Irish and german.. (grandma and grandpa)... cheerokee (sp? my great granpa married one)... those are the three that you can accually notice in me... (there's others too but are too vague...)

lionloversam
August 25th, 2004, 02:21 AM
My genelogical break down is English,Irish, a tiny bit of Scottish, German, a little jewish, and cheerokee. But from what I am told English and Irish for the most part. I think I have more English than Irish but I am not sure.

The_Real_King
August 25th, 2004, 10:03 PM
I think am mostly German, I have a little bit of Irish in me and very little if noticable at all a bit of Indian in me.

Xinithian
August 25th, 2004, 10:24 PM
I'm pure English :cheese: , except my ancestors come from France a long long time ago. Do you have a big nose? :p

Kintaru
August 25th, 2004, 10:58 PM
I know I had a close relative that used to be a really big actor, but can't remember his name and he's sorta.. dead now. Apparently I did meet him once though at some big event, but I was so young that I don't remember. I should probly go ask my parents, but I'm lazeh heh.

Xinithian
August 25th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Kintaru
I know I had a close relative that used to be a really big actor, but can't remember his name and he's sorta.. dead now. Apparently I did meet him once though at some big event, but I was so young that I don't remember. I should probly go ask my parents, but I'm lazeh heh. Ask your parents. NOW

Broken
August 30th, 2004, 02:22 AM
Some ansestor of mine was a famous hymn writer :browlift:

Strange but true- I was just working on a paper for class and I found it in my mom's family tree book...thingy

2 Die FR
August 30th, 2004, 02:32 AM
My mom says that she is related to someone that was a rider on the Pony Express. That's not really famous or anything, but interesting I guess.

Endra
August 30th, 2004, 02:38 AM
My mom claims that her great grandmother had a town named after her in Minnesota.

Eh it isn't much... but whatever :p

My mom also supposedly dated Bobby Labonte and Tony Stewart's Head Mechanic in high school.(Labonte and Stewart are NASCAR drivers).

jannali
August 30th, 2004, 02:48 AM
hmm im a bit of a lot of things. my mom is korean and my dad is american, but i have some german, french, and my mother's father was from north korea. my dad is jewish too hehe

Garfield
August 30th, 2004, 02:52 AM
I'm a distant relative of Pancho Villa. My great Grandfather was related to Pancho Villa . No I'm not Spanish-American although I have a bit of that in me. I'm Heinz 57 =P ~G

SimbaLKD
August 30th, 2004, 03:06 AM
I know nothing about my ansestry.. My last name (given) was Testaguzza.. and just recently I met my grandfather for the first time.. He didn't say anything except that he was first generation Itilian-American.. I still have yet to meet my biological father.. but really care to.. So im a man of no roots! :P

Nephilim
August 30th, 2004, 10:36 AM
:Ooo: A man of mystery. Now you just need a long black coat, a hat an- oh I'm crazy, ignore me. :idiot:

Aurelian
February 18th, 2005, 07:30 PM
My so-many-greats grandfather was Squanto, the Native American who welcomed the first pilgrims to America. In fact, I am one of his few remaining decendents. Since you all seem to be European, I guess I get to play your host! lol'

I am half French, a quarter Wampanoag, and a quarter German. the Wampanoag stands out most for some reason.

unregistered user
February 18th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Jefferson Davis the Confederate president is my great great great great uncle

Don't shoot me XP

LunarCat
February 18th, 2005, 09:27 PM
uhm...........i'm related to someone who helped bulid the first Windmill. Like the hotdog and hamburger place. :p yea...........

lion_roog
February 19th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Hmmmm...I'm related to Poncho Villa, Ulysses Grant, and Robert E. Lee:cheese:....and I'm a mutt...Part German, Spanish, Basque, Apache, French, Mexican......:D

Muruwa
February 19th, 2005, 02:02 AM
I'm related to Michael Jackson :cheese:

lion_roog
February 19th, 2005, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Muruwa

Oh....My....God.....Can you get me an autograph?.....And can you sing me "Beat It"?......:D

Sharifu
February 19th, 2005, 02:13 AM

Are you really? How do you know that? XD

lion_roog
February 19th, 2005, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu
Are you really? How do you know that? XD

If I kiss Muruwa....does that mean I'm kissing Michael Jackson?.....Even though I'm a little to old for Michael?.......:D

Muruwa
February 19th, 2005, 02:25 AM
:lol: I love seeing people's reaction when I say that. My uncle's name is really Michael Jackson, but not the singer. My cousin and his son are also Micheal Jackson, but once again, not the singer. I'm not actually related to anybody famous.

Sharifu
February 19th, 2005, 02:26 AM
Haha Muruwa. That's evil... :evilgrin: Haha.

lion_roog
February 19th, 2005, 02:28 AM
:lol: I love seeing people's reaction when I say that. My uncle's name is really Michael Jackson, but not the singer. My cousin and his son are also Micheal Jackson, but once again, not the singer. I'm not actually related to anybody famous.

:lol:...My questions still stand....Can you get me an autograph.....and can you sing "Beat It"?.......:D

unregistered user
February 19th, 2005, 02:29 AM
I'm American!:cheese:;):p (Goes for everyone who was born here.) Anyways, I'm part Filipino.;) I also have some french, portuguese, spanish, and chinese blood in me. I'm a mix. =/

I'm not really sure, if I'm related to anyone that famous.:hmm:

lion_roog
February 19th, 2005, 02:31 AM
Woot!....Mutts Unite!!......:D

unregistered user
February 19th, 2005, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by lion_roog
Woot!....Mutts Unite!!......:D

:lol: Mutts?:p Is that what they call 'Mixed' People?;)

Aurelian
February 19th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by lion_roog
:lol:...My questions still stand....Can you get me an autograph.....and can you sing "Beat It"?.......:D

Sadly, I can actually sing "Beat It!".:eek: :die:

Kenyi, "mutt" is the tenichal term for an animal of mixed breed/heritage. It's most commonly heard to describe a mixed breed dog, though.

Darkslash
February 19th, 2005, 03:17 AM
Hmmm.... related to anyone famous... not that I can think of...

There's probably someone back in Ireland or Germany though that I'm related to... maybe they're famous...

Oh, there is a franchised Hallmark's store chain with our last name! (and it's a pretty rare last name too) They don't give us a discount, though.

My dad is pretty "important" in his particular field... though I wouldn't say famous.

LunarCat
February 19th, 2005, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Roquivo
Sadly, I can actually sing "Beat It!".:eek: :die:

Kenyi, "mutt" is the tenichal term for an animal of mixed breed/heritage. It's most commonly heard to describe a mixed breed dog, though.

Roquivo, we ARE animals. ;)

Aurelian
February 19th, 2005, 03:49 AM
I know. Breed and Race are actually synonims. Just for different species. Therefor, it works for humans of mixed races too.

unregistered user
February 19th, 2005, 03:53 AM
Cool then.:p

Woohoo Go Mutts!!!:p;) *Waves a flag*

Suki
February 19th, 2005, 02:16 PM
I'm related to a dead author. Does that count? :p

Suki
February 19th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Kenyi
Filipino.

Philiphino or something like that, you doofus. :p My friend is part Philiphino.

Suki
February 19th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Actually Kenyi was right ;) :p ... It's Filipino.

I blame it on my friend. She always said it was spelled with a P. :lol:

Ngatuny
February 19th, 2005, 05:04 PM
In english is spelled with a P, but in other languages it is spelled with an F.

Hey I'm Irish, American, Scottish, German, Spaniard and Mexican w00t I'm a mutt too!:cheese:

Famous ancestors :thinks: hmm... the last Spanish ruler of Mexico, the previous governor of the State were I live is my dad's cousin (it was fun to see the policeman's faces when they pulled me over and got a look of my driver's license. :lol: My dad was more that a bit famous around local airports.

unregistered user
February 19th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Suki
I blame it on my friend. She always said it was spelled with a P. :lol:

I would know, since I am one Suki.;)

unregistered user
February 20th, 2005, 03:21 AM
I'm a reative of Clark Gable, the male lead in "Gone with the Wind". I'm of German, English, and Sweedish background. I'm also the descendant of some of the first mennonites. I'm may not be of that faith, but I am still proud of that fact.

Lion Roar
February 20th, 2005, 08:05 PM
I don't know if I'm related with somebody famous. I think I'm not.

BTW, I'm descendant of Italians, but I also have some Spanish and French ancestors.

Tigereyes
February 21st, 2005, 12:00 AM
I'm not sure if I have a famous ancestor. I do know that I have German, French, Irish, and American. I'm sure there's more but I don't know :cheese:

unregistered user
February 21st, 2005, 05:10 AM
Hmmm... :thinks: My ancestors came from Spain, Germany, England and ancient Mexico.

A member of my mother's family was a 6-month-long-period President of Mexico during Santa Ana's government (in that government there were like 40 temporal presidents).

A member of my father's family helped a band of rebels and tried to murder Albaro Obregon, President of Mexico after the Mexican Revolution.

Darkslash
February 21st, 2005, 09:40 PM
^ Mexican history is fascinating :)

Green_Eyes
February 22nd, 2005, 01:39 AM
Ray Eberle - Singer

Everyone else has like super famous ancestors, haha! Really cool how people are related and stuff....maybe it's just me who's interested in that. (probably not)

Aurelian
February 22nd, 2005, 04:02 AM
I am not related to him, but I used to live down the street from Harrison Ford's(Indiana Jones) brother. Never did meet him though. :grrr:

Green_Eyes
February 22nd, 2005, 05:16 AM
Haha

Hugh Heffner's son lives by my school, he hates his dad though. We go caroling by there but he's never about...

nafklt
February 22nd, 2005, 05:18 AM
Is it possible for one to be related to oneself? :confused:

Darkslash
February 22nd, 2005, 05:24 AM
Nnnnnoooo. You don't consist of two or more separate bodies among which there may be a relation.

Besides, you're not famous so it wouldn't apply anyways!:bleen: :cheese:

lionloversam
July 16th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by lionloversam
My genelogical break down is English,Irish, a tiny bit of Scottish, German, a little jewish, and cheerokee. But from what I am told English and Irish for the most part. I think I have more English than Irish but I am not sure.

And just the other day, I found out I am part Dutch too.

Picklepaige
July 16th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Hmmm. I don't think so,but my friend's great grandfather was the leader of the Cherokee tribe. And my dad is part Cherokee,so,I might be related to some people on here.

Iestyn
July 16th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Allegedly I'm related to General George Patton.

Sombolia
July 17th, 2005, 06:59 AM
I don't think I have any famous ancestors :thinks: I'll have to ask my mom tomorrow. :idiot:

Suki
July 17th, 2005, 07:50 AM
I've probably posted this before in here, but I'm too lazy to find it, sooooo....

Um, I'm related to a dead author. Some James guy. Does that count? http://70.85.169.212/3369/4/emo/tt_raven_rolleyes.gif

unregistered user
December 15th, 2005, 09:56 AM
My cousin is an actor, my another cousin is a bassist, my ancestors is Related to Muhammad, so part Arabic. Local: Old 17 century Pahang Sultans :p There.. that's all:p

unregistered user
December 15th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Wow Zack, that's pretty impressive! Seems like alot of yalls have pre-ty interesting backgrounds.

I honestly don't have anyone 'famous' on my side. I was digging into some WWII Aircraft Books, left to me by my late Grandfather. Alot of German things and parafanailia he had in there. A picutre from 1943 of a German officer serving the S.S. Last name was Stek , well it is pronounced Stek but I don't think it's spelled like that, but he's a direct link to my ancestors. And we have some pretty famous German pilots in our family. A man named Steven Stek flew with a famous pilot named Navritil. Our family 'Z' is on his plane..somehwere. But, beyond that my knowledge stops at the Civil War. We're related to General Picket *several times removed* and beyond that..I have no idear. I always tried to get information like this from my Gramps but, being a country apart has it's issues lol. That's my ancestor report.

:ayecapn:

Nicoga
December 15th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Pretty cool, Utora. I love aviation! And Tiikeri, my history class was reading about Gen. Patton today. Nice, nice.

My family is somehow related to Gen. Robert Lee from the Civil War. A diiiiistant cousin, I think.

Katse
December 15th, 2005, 09:54 PM
I'm related to George Washington.*isactuallyserious*:D

Bahati
December 16th, 2005, 03:59 AM
As I understand it, I have a connection with Samuel Fuller, the doctor aboard the Mayflower.

Sombolia
December 16th, 2005, 04:28 AM
Um.. my cousin, Mitch. He used to be Green Day's travel manager. Oo And he had lots of hand-autographed swag and he DIDN'T GIVE ME ANY.

Er. Yeah. Not even famous, quite sad really.

My mom was close personal friends with Jam Master Jay.. XD

Amaryllis
December 16th, 2005, 02:23 PM
ha i wish i was related to someone, although i met this dutch famous person once... i was in the same restaurant and we had a little chat xD that happend a long time ago...

i dont think im related to any famous person, my great great grandad ore something was pretty familiar in WW2 i think my dad said that once, not sure

Simbaspirit
December 16th, 2005, 08:55 PM
*ahem*

Sir Prime Minister William Pitt of England.

it turns out he was actually a jerk that always got himself drunk. has anyone heard of him??

and some famous landlord whose house is now a historical tourist site. also in england.

Sadira
December 16th, 2005, 09:29 PM
oo! loveee talking about heritage- eh dont ask. On my mom's side I'm related to the czars of Russia. Then on my dad's side.. our name used to be one of the big names in scotland (but for my privacy ill keep the name itself personal) n there were bunch of lords and ladies that I'm related to and we used to own southern tip of scotland back in wallace's day and built a castle who's name i forget. then there was scandal :confused: n we got poor n moved to america.. go figure..

Guntur
December 28th, 2007, 05:00 PM
I found this thread quite interesting and decided to rise it from the dead.

Originally posted by
My cousin is an actor, my another cousin is a bassist, my ancestors is Related to Muhammad, so part Arabic. Local: Old 17 century Pahang Sultans :p There.. that's all:p

to make more formal and not confusing:
I am related to
An Actor: My close cousin, Norman Hakim and his wife Abby Abadi
A Bassist: Zailan Razak
Part Arabic: A descendant of Muhammad S.A.W.
Part Royal: A royal blood from Sultanate of Pahang, Perak and direct descendants of Tun Mamat from Perak.

Meh one of my family members say my family could take over the throne but I rather be a Working Class Hero :cheese: