PDA

View Full Version : The great Posts from the Past.

Guntur
May 4th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Here it is folks, I'm a little nostalgic (and I've been crying while reading the old stuff) at the moment, since we managed to recovered most of the post log, it might be a little fun to go back and read (and also quote) some epic jokes and posts from the past.

I'll start here from the Clown Prince of Randomness, Mr Roog.

http://www.leahalalela.net/showthread.php?618-READ-Signature-Rules

[Read] Signature Rules

Hey...I have to scroll through all your posts just to get to the signatures!.......:D

I sure hope that you are joking. If a signature is the only significance of your post, I will ignore it.

When am I ever not joking?...... :p

Of course he is kidding. It's a joke, lighten up. I thought it was funny, it made me laugh.

If you see this thread is pointless, never mind but I know we had a lot of fun posting here back in 2005.

Leorgathar
May 6th, 2014, 03:20 AM
Maaan I wish I had joined back in 2005 :lol:

Hmm sorry if I'm not so up to date with these old posts recovery, but is there any chance we might still have posts from 2009? I have some good memories from then, hehe

Kirauni
May 6th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Unfortunately not. The Backup I restored contained postings from around 2003-2008. Then the administration and the server changed and we don't have a backup from this version of Lea. Maybe if somebody has saved some of those postings on their own, we could add them here. But without a proper backup we don't have a real chance. Unfortunately, the board has been visiblenonly for registered members, so the internet archive and the Way-Back-Machine are not an option either. Sorry about that :(

Leorgathar
May 6th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Aww I see, too bad, that's the version of Lea I first joined, and there are some post I would love to see again. But it's alright, better keep making good memories with what we have now :)

Azerane
May 6th, 2014, 12:46 PM
I can't believe some of my posts from way back then :p Haha, and some of Kintaru's have been restored too, it's the funniest thing ever :lol:

Guntur
May 6th, 2014, 01:30 PM
I can't believe some of my posts from way back then :p Haha, and some of Kintaru's have been restored too, it's the funniest thing ever :lol:

:lol: Do post it Azerane.

Oh Leor, you can always quote KS' Post in the past, I believe she have like 12 thousand post in the lea history.

Azerane
May 6th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Just noticed my original join date is back too :D Crazy.

Guntur
May 6th, 2014, 01:45 PM
\o/

Yeah, it's feel like we're in 2005 again. :D

Maybe we could resurrect couple of old fun stuff in the forum though, Just for the good ol fun. :lol:

Edit: To think of Roog's ethic, I think his philosophy is: If you want to troll the forum, do it in style.

:lol:

Guntur
May 9th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Our first English to 12 Years Old AOL Translator.

http://www.leahalalela.net/showthread.php?1715-The-English-to-12-Year-Old-AOLer-Translator

Original post by Sombolia

Original Post by King Simba

(TRATEOR!1!11 OMG WTF LOL GO BAK WIT UR OWN)

Must.. not.. laugh..

teehee..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA XD

I had to read this convo again, it makes me weep like a dog. :lol:

s-tlk
May 9th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Cannot promise anything, but there might be a way to get at least some of the TLK threads back since 2008. But this would be tricky and will most likely be very incomplete. Does really no one have a backup from the old database, snapshot of the filesystem from the old machine... oh I would even take a printout?

We could also try writing a nice email to the NSA/GCHQ. They most likely have everything archived for us. :-D

Guntur
May 24th, 2014, 06:23 PM
http://leahalalela.net/showthread.php?1690-King-of-Pride-Rock

Originally posted by Ravoc
No wait.. I'd push Kiara off the top of Pride Rock xD

I can just see it in my head. She's be giggling as she fell

Kiara: "*giggle, giggle* Oh no *giggle* I'm falling to my death! *giggle, giggle* SPLAT!

I remember this post way back then. It's about "If you're the king of Pride Rock, what would you do?"

the post and the reaction from the original post are truly priceless, we had a lot of fun laughing on this one back in Summer 2005.

I was looking on the topic and found this thread and I really laugh out loud on this old joke, It might be old but it's a gold one.

Simbaspirit
May 25th, 2014, 04:18 PM
I was 12 when I first joined and had never been on a forum before so some of those old posts of mine make me cringe :cringe: I was the baby of the forum back then; you guys were all so sweet to me :D

Utora
May 25th, 2014, 05:39 PM
...I really miss the old days. :lol:

Guntur
May 25th, 2014, 05:40 PM

Our beloved Genie of the forum. ;)

Utora
May 25th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Yeah that was a long, long time ago...

:bleen:

I was one of those overly willed, loud mouthed, bossy newblets in the beginning God forbid.

Guntur
May 25th, 2014, 05:45 PM
I was reading most threads and topic, Looks like the one who really understand my post/grammar/typo was my ex girlfriend. :lol: I don't know how she and few others managed to transcript or translate my horrible 12 years old grammar.

and yes Mufasa, you were hilarious back in the day. :lol: I swear to god it made me smile for a while there.

Utora
May 25th, 2014, 05:47 PM
I think it's similar to me and my boyfriend; his Russian accent is so thick it's unintelligble..but I get it. :lol:

I'm sure the forums influenced your development in English though....? Maybe? :cheese:

Yeah, those were the days....now I'm not so funny, I guess? I'm kind of a stoic..like Mufasa. XD

Guntur
May 25th, 2014, 05:55 PM
I think it's similar to me and my boyfriend; his Russian accent is so thick it's unintelligble..but I get it. :lol:

I'm sure the forums influenced your development in English though....? Maybe? :cheese:

Yeah, those were the days....now I'm not so funny, I guess? I'm kind of a stoic..like Mufasa. XD

Of course, Chatting with the westerners does improve my Grammar in English. That's why I love hanging out with you guys here and some other forums and chatroom. :lol: I may be lazy in school but I'm sure learning by myself is a lot quicker than staying in the english class. ;)

Yeap, those were the days. I think we should add or bring our old randomness back. except for staying off topic of course. :lol:

Utora
May 25th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Random and Off Topic often go paw-in-paw :lol:

Guntur
May 25th, 2014, 05:59 PM
:lol: Yeah, I just love Boos is trying hard to keep us back into the main topic.

Now I miss Boos. :(

lionloversam
June 4th, 2014, 03:31 AM
A few months back I was looking through the archives I found through Google. I saw a very suggestive post about kovu. I thought, "Eew... Who is that creepy furry?" I look at the username and it was a post I made. Was I really that bad?

Guntur
June 4th, 2014, 08:09 AM
:lol: where did you get that? I would love to see you Copypaste that or quote it. ;)

lionloversam
June 4th, 2014, 11:35 AM
I searched and couldn't find it. But I did find this. http://leahalalela.net/showthread.php?146-The-General-TLK-Character-quot-Hotness-quot-Thread-(For-old-time-sake)

Guntur
June 4th, 2014, 02:31 PM

I think this song would fit in very well for this thread. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYbxjRIF-kM

Guntur
January 23rd, 2015, 03:05 PM
This post is just not worth to make it's own thread so I posted in this thread.

Seems that the successor of Late King Fahd of Saudi Arabia, King Abdullah passed away today. I made a thread back in 05 about the previous king of Saudi's kingdom passed away and 10 years later his successor passed away. Now the Crown Prince, also his brother succeed him as the new King of Saudi's Kingdom.

http://leahalalela.net/showthread.php?1609-King-Fahd&highlight=King+Fahd

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/01/funeral-saudi-arabia-king-abdullah-150123123909104.html