PDA

View Full Version : I know this has probably already been asked before..

unregistered user
February 28th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Who exactly is Nala's father? It would make sense if Mufasa's her father and Sarafina was her mother 'cause Zazu mentions some sort of 'tradition'. :Ooo:

Ruska
February 28th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Well, it's surrounded by mystery. Some people think it's Scar. Or then just some random lion.

unregistered user
February 28th, 2004, 08:28 PM
I think they just made it like that so all the fans should buy all the extra material and do heavy research on it ;)

Hehe, yeah..but you know what they say, if you get together inside the family the risk for genetic disease increases.

Ruska
February 28th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Well...
I don't actually even care.
But that you all knew already.
:claw:

Naline
February 28th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Well, if it was a typical lion pride then its quite possible that either scar or mufasa could be the father!!

But seeing as the characters are personified it would seem a bit too much like adultery for a human audience if mufasa was the father, too sick if simba and nala were like step brother and sister and i don't think scar would be as bitter as he is if he'd got a little summat summat off sarafina if you know what i mean!!

So, it was most likely a rogue lion of some description, that's what i think anyway!!!

Fuzzy
February 29th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Ahhh.. the details Disney leaves for us to ponder :thinks: ;)

Huma
February 29th, 2004, 06:50 AM
Okay, Ugas in CotPL

Huma
February 29th, 2004, 06:54 AM
Actually, In lion's pride, there's no "prince", all the male cub should leave pride when they became adolescents. In this way, lions keep exogamy.

Vidan
February 29th, 2004, 07:25 AM
From what I've been reading, many lionesses give birth to multiple cubs (average 2-4). It seems strange then, that Simba, Nala, and Kiara would all be only children.

So there may be the possibility that Simba and Nala are actually brother and sister, with Sarafina only being Nala's caretaker to distribute the load of maternal activities (since lionesses don't seem to give preference to their own cubs but share equally in rearing young).

I've also read that nomadic lions would tend to kill the other cubs in the pride before mating to assert their position as the father of any new cubs, thus firmly planting themselves in the pride. (That would debunk the rogue lion theory, unless Mufasa himself was the rogue lion.)

I'm not sure if this behavior applies to all lion prides; it's just some cursory research.

FAQ on lionking.net has the main theories:

http://www.lionking.org/faq.html#father

Huma
February 29th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by DarkFuzzy

I've also read that nomadic lions would tend to kill the other cubs in the pride before mating to assert their position as the father of any new cubs, thus firmly planting themselves in the pride. (That would debunk the rogue lion theory, unless Mufasa himself was the rogue lion.)

I havn't read that. According to my book about Serengeti lions, the pride are ruled by several male lions. The male lions in pride shift frequntly. Single nomadic lion has no hope to take over a pride unless he is accompanied and numerically exceed the males in the pride.

Whatever, I don't think Disney has any "theory" in designing Nala.;)

Vidan
February 29th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Huma
I havn't read that. According to my book about Serengeti lions, the pride are ruled by several male lions. The male lions in pride shift frequntly. Single nomadic lion has no hope to take over a pride unless he is accompanied and numerically exceed the males in the pride.

Whatever, I don't think Disney has any "theory" in designing Nala.;)

All the more reason to debunk the rogue lion theory... the pride members would definitely drive him away before he had the chance to mate.

As far as anyone's concerned she just popped out of a hole in the ground. Or she was immaculately conceived ;)

unregistered user
February 29th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Alright then, I'll try to remember that. :ayecapn:

Naline
February 29th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Yeah, all good points but like i said TLK lions are personified, meaning they act like humans.....therefore debunking any theory that compares real lion actions to the actions of tlk lions!!! Making 'Rogue Lion Theory' the most prominent again!!!

Vidan
March 1st, 2004, 12:26 AM
Perhaps Nala's father was formerly a proper member of the pride, but died. Sad, but for a family movie, probably the most agreeable circumstance. Not debunking any theories here, just adding another to the pile.

unregistered user
March 1st, 2004, 12:54 AM
One phrase comes to my mind on this:

"Who's your daddy!"

Snowy
March 1st, 2004, 03:05 AM
Officially, Nala has no father. Really. Someone on tlk-l (the TLK mailing list) had occasion to ask the directors and/or producer about it. The film crew never even considered who Nala's father might be, so she doesn't have a canon father. Unfortunately, accessing the tlk-l archives seems to be an impossibility right now -- some sort of glitch in the system, looks like -- so I can't dig up the post with that to show everyone.

As per real lion behavior: Yes, rogue males can get away with mating with the lionesses without the pride males knowing. It's happened. And because lions can't count, the pride males mistakenly think of these illegitimate cubs as their own. Similarly, cubs sired by the previous pride male but born after a takeover can be mistaken for belonging to the new males. So, it certainly could happen that Nala was sired by a rogue without anyone but Sarafina knowing.

Of course, as Naline points out, TLK's lions do not behave entirely like real lions. Infanticide is not likely to be a practice that any of the characters would be allowed to indulge in (yes, that includes Scar, unless Disney wanted the rating to jump up a notch or two). In that light, you'd never see a cub killed simply for having the "wrong" father.

Also, remember that Disney was fairly well tripping over itself (and the plot) in order to prevent incest in SP. And, mind, an incest of a lesser degree than would be present between Simba and Nala if Nala was fathered by either Mufasa or Scar. Thus, it's unlikely that Disney wants any such overtones to exist anywhere in the pride. So, if the king mated with all of the females (a la real lions), but his son became the next king and a pride lioness's daughter became the next queen (as seen in TLK), and this pattern continues ("It's a tradition going back generations"?), then you'd have intense inbreeding in very short order (see the Ngorongoro Crater lions for a real life equivalent). Not likely. At least, not with Disney. What's more, I'll bet Disney wants the king and queen to be a monogomous pair, so it's not likely that the king would be having liasons with any of the other lionesses to begin with. So, in order for the pride to continue to exist with only the queen producing young by the king, the remaining lionesses must mate with lions from without the pride, either neighboring kings or rogues.

To which end, there is a children's pop-up book, Simba Wants to Play, that shows a rather...intriguing scene. Whilst Simba is looking for someone, obviously, to play with, he chances upon his father. Mufasa, as it so happens (and is revealed once the flaps are folded away), is involved in some sort of gathering with, if memory serves, some three other male lions. All of these males are of the gold-coat, red-mane variety, so there's not a one that looks like Nala (though Nala clearly takes after Sarafina as far as appearance goes). However, neither Mufasa nor any of these other males appears to be hostile. Indeed, they're all smiling, and seem to be quite at ease with one another. Only Mufasa is standing, with the other males' attention on him. A council, perhaps? Are these neighboring kings or a rogue coalition? No hints are given beyond Simba saying that his father looks "busy".

There are a few other potential males found within the pages of The Lion King: Six New Adventures (TLK6NA) as well, though I generally consider them weaker candidates:
One is Leo (as in Swahili for..."today", if I'm not mistaken, not Leo as in the generic), an older lion who has a similar pale coat to Nala, though that might be the result of the illustrator trying to show him as "graying," not because of any real similarity between the two. He's a bit of a braggard, though, and yet he never makes mention of being able to claim the queen for his daughter. If he was Nala's father, the impression I get of his character is that he'd never shut up about it.
In the same story with Leo, there's another lion shown in illustrations (I don't believe he's named). He looks to be of Simba and Nala's generation, though, so he'd be too young to be Nala's father.
Then there's Ni ("We are...the Knights Who Say....NI!" *cough* Sorry). In Swahili, ni translates rather enigmatically into "I am." However, Ni is young, probably less than three, while Nala is still a cub. Too young, then, to be her father.

"Nala's Dare", the book from TLK6NA in which Ni appears, however, does present some interesting clues as to how the pride deals with rogues. Initially, the lionesses roar to warn the strange lion, Ni, away. Later, once Ni has saved Nala's life not once, but twice (the second time with Sarafina's help), he is invited onto Pride Rock by the lionesses as a friend (a fact I never understood, since this is supposed to have taken place while Scar was king. I can't imagine he would have supported the idea of a rogue in his kingdom, let alone on Pride Rock itself, and particularly not without his prior knowledge and consent). Rogues, then, might still be seen as a threat, at least when cubs are around (there were three, including Nala). Or, the perception of threat might have been that the lionesses simply did not know the rogue, and so it was more a reaction to a stranger than to the idea of a rogue male.

I could probably go off more on this (in fact, I know I could), but I think that's enough out of me for one night.

Ngatuny
March 1st, 2004, 06:31 AM
:ayecapn: Snowy, very well said!:ayecapn:

Sadiki
March 1st, 2004, 10:28 AM
Well maby disney not keep that who is Nala father so important... even it is for us. They can't do movies just for fans right?"
Well like TLK3... where is reallity in storyline?

unregistered user
March 5th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Hey, I never knew there was a character in TLK6NA named Leo! Coolies! :cheese: Yet now I feel as though my character isn't so original :( Well, yeah he is, just his name's not :idiot: hehe

unregistered user
August 1st, 2004, 11:30 AM
Just one question, who are Nala's father?!

I'm going nuts thinking about this, cuz there is no logical explanation. In real life lion packs, there is normally one male and the rest is femals, meaning that the male is the father of every cub that is born. But that can't be the case in the Lion King, because then would Simba and Nala be brother and sister, and... they aren't! And Mufasa isn't Nala's father, right?! He can't be... :p

unregistered user
August 1st, 2004, 11:32 AM
Im just sticking to the story that Roger allers is her father ;)

Nah, I think it was a rouge lion, thats how I would like to think of it anyways lol

Nephilim
August 1st, 2004, 11:33 AM
The closest related Simba and Nala could be is half-brother and half-sister, as they have different mums.

unregistered user
August 1st, 2004, 11:36 AM
But Mufasa doesn't act like Nala's father! :confused:

Nephilim
August 1st, 2004, 11:40 AM
http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=404

unregistered user
August 1st, 2004, 11:43 AM
Ooh, sorry, I didn't knew it was asked before. *Blush*

Thanks!

unregistered user
August 1st, 2004, 03:08 PM
NP Acrobat!!!!!! :cheese:

Dare
August 1st, 2004, 05:03 PM
Genetics be a tricky thing. For example, I look absolutely NOTHING like either of my parents...both my hair, and eye color are different. I'm the only one who has dark hair and dark eyes...both of my parents are redheads with light eyes. I actually resemble my grandmother more than my mother.

I got all of the dominant appearance genes. HA!
:lol:

Nephilim
August 1st, 2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
I'd much prefer it if Mufasa was Sarafina's mate aswell, just he likes Sarabi more. It definitely wasn't Scar though, no resemblance whatsoever, so I'd go with Mufasa all the way :cool: .

And if Scar was Nala's father, then that would make the whole "Madness of King Scar" scene even more creepier than it already was.

TrkenTyger009
August 1st, 2004, 07:12 PM
Ive always read Scar(Taka) in the fanfics so there you go Scars got my vote

Sadiki
August 1st, 2004, 11:41 PM
this question again :gasp:

well Nala's Father is... 1st Mufasa 2nd Scar 3rd some random lion from some other pride.

that is only logical explayne what I can give

Sharifu
August 3rd, 2004, 01:15 AM
Heh, this question has been brought up for years by TLK fans. I like to think it was a rouge lion.

I used to go to this other TLK forum, http://planetlionking.com/ but this site doesn't have a message board anymore. But it used to. I met a few members there, that now go here. Like Starlioness, and Snowy... :-) One member there, and I think he was the moderator, was The Sonic God. He created this male lion character named Shisazen, that was Nala's father. I like to believe that a character like him was Nala's father. Here's a family pic of Shisazen and Sarafina, and their new baby Nala! :fini:

http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/KwikKuliwa/ShisazenFamily.jpg

Note, I did NOT draw this! The artist KwikKuliwa did. Both The Sonic God and KwikKulia have accounts at TLKFAA, and I know that other artists have drawn Shisazen for The Sonic God before.

Now that character really does look like a lion that would be Nala's father. I just like to believe that a rouge lion that looked like that was Nala's father.

It's funny how the creator's said how they didn't think anyone would think about who Nala's father was, but it's brought up all the time by TLK fans! :lol:

unregistered user
August 3rd, 2004, 05:25 AM
Scar: Nala, I am... your father!
Nala: No!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kourukon
August 3rd, 2004, 07:10 AM
:eek: that's not fair, i wanted to draw Nala's father too :D

Simba_2004
August 3rd, 2004, 07:12 AM
thats a funny pictures :lol: and Nuka you took my lines :grrr:

Ngatuny
August 3rd, 2004, 08:42 AM
Great drawing!!!!:D:cheese:

And Welcome back Simba_2004!!!!!!!!!:hugs:

unregistered user
August 4th, 2004, 12:22 AM
wow, that drawing is very good. And i like to think of a rouge as Nala's father, cuz if it was scar OR mufasa, then Simba and Nala would be blood related........kinda like theScar being Kovus father, or not?, thing.

kcnmttcnn
August 4th, 2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Soku
wow, that drawing is very good. And i like to think of a rouge as Nala's father, cuz if it was scar OR mufasa, then Simba and Nala would be blood related........kinda like theScar being Kovus father, or not?, thing.

same here. it'd be just wrong if it was scar or mufasa...

unregistered user
August 4th, 2004, 04:53 AM
Sorry '04, the lines looked so nice... *shame*

Simba_2004
August 4th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Nuka...there is something I have to tell you....
Scar was not your real father....
.................................................. ..................
.................................................. ................................................
I WAS!!!!

unregistered user
August 4th, 2004, 05:57 AM
:gasp::gasp::gasp: Well.. uh.. I have only one thing to say... can I have some money? :cheese:

Simba_2004
August 4th, 2004, 04:19 PM
*gives him 5 cents and starts to :hmm: why a Lion would need money :confused:*

unregistered user
August 4th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Cheapskate :idiot:

The_Real_King
August 5th, 2004, 03:14 AM
I have an idea Nuka, why don't you go into TLK reality and ask Nala herself who her father was? It would make this alot easyer.

Invader MEL
March 19th, 2005, 08:03 PM
You know those questions going around, like, "Who's Nala's father", "What does Scar have to do with Zira", and all that. What do you think?

For the first, I think Scar is probably Nala's father, but I'm not sure about this one...

And for the second, I don't think Scar has anything to do with her. He probably amazed Zira by killing Mufasa, that's all. There's no proof anywhere that he fathered Nuka or Vitani. And of course he's not Kovu's father, as said in the movie.

Futher proof, when Nuka died, Zira asked Scar, "Scar, watch over my poor Nuka". Wouldn't she have said "our Nuka"?

O_o I'm confusing myself.

Nalinda
March 19th, 2005, 08:36 PM
About the first one you wrote .. (About Nalas father)
I think that Nalas father is Scar.. Even if I dont want it to be like that! But does it matter? No, Nala has nothing to do with Scar except that Sarafina mated with Scar and Nala becamed their cub.
But im not really sure.. Mufasa was a very mighty king and it is possible that Sarafina mated with some other lion, not from the Pridelands..
;)

About that thing with Zira and Scar.. I think that Scar and Zira was "kind" of friends. Zira must had admired him beacause otherwise she wouldnt talk so good about him!
But Im really not sure.. cuz..
I think that both the friendship with Zira and the possibility to be king is what drived Scar to stay at the Pride Rock. Otherwise.. I think he had left.. No male lion wants to be the second..
And I think that Zira must had been a very good friend with Scar,
because otherwise.. she wouldnt had gone that far..
To kill Simba :mad: to take back the Pridelands.. Not good thoughts.. thats really ?? bad. I think.
What do you think?! :Ooo:

Invader MEL
March 19th, 2005, 08:43 PM
I actually agree. x3 They could have been extremely good friends. Or they could have mated but lost the cub they had together, and after Scar left, Zira mated with someone else, I don't know.

Of course, I have no idea about the first question.

Nalinda
March 19th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Yeah.. thats possible.
One thing about the first one:
Do you think that it is possible that Mufasa is Nalas father?!
I know that it cant be like that but.. you really dont know?!
Cuz.. if Sarafina mated with Scar.. then Nala.. She would be more.. dark-hared?! She look very look-a-like Sarafina?! Well.. The thought about that Sarafina mated with Scar is still the most believable.. But..
Things can change =D

Invader MEL
March 19th, 2005, 09:11 PM
The reason I don't think Mufasa is her father is because I never seen him treat her with love as much as Simba.

Oh, Sarafina must hate him now. x3

Aurelian
March 19th, 2005, 09:18 PM
The question of who Nala's father is can not be answered. If we are looking at a real lion pride, onw pride can have as many as 3-4 adult males. To a limit, lions do recognize incest. A lion rarely mates with it's own siblings or cubs. Simba and Nala become mates, therefore they are not siblings, ruling out Mufasa. If the theory of Scar trying to seduce Nala during his reign is thrown in, then chances are that Scar is not Nala's father. No other adult lion, besides Mufasa and Scar are ever introduced, so it is most likely a two lion pride. There is always the posibility of an outside lion from another pride, or a rogue. There is no way to be certain. Finally, this is a Disney kids movie. Who knows how well they know how real lions work.

This is a deleted scene from SP that shows the relationship between Scar/Zira/Nuka/Kovu/Vitani, taken from lionking.org:

{Camera switches to the Outlands, slowly zooming in. The landscape is a barren desert, with strange rock formations everywhere. Rafiki's voice continues in narrative.}

But that is where Simba banished Scar's followers. Including his most loyal... Zira.

{An insect lands on the ground; immediately, Kovu appears, pouncing.}

KOVU: Rrrah!

{Kovu opens his paws to reveal the insect, buzzing; he smiles and opens his paws, releasing it to fly away.}

ZIRA: Kovu!

{Camera switches to Zira, who is supervising. She snatches the insect from the air and smashes it to the ground.}

Don't let it go. What's the matter with you?

KOVU: But Mother! He wasn't hurting anyone--

ZIRA: There is no room for weakness here, my son. Remember... Scar took you in and accepted you as his own son.

{Zira has moved close and pulled Kovu against her. Kovu seems doubtful.}

KOVU: But he wasn't my father.

ZIRA: No... but he chose you to become the next King. When you rule, we shall no longer be forced to live in these dry, barren, disgusting, pathetic, termite-infested Outlands!

{Zira is swatting at the ground, railing against fate. Kovu looks down, in quiet agreement. Suddenly, Nuka and Vitani come bounding in from off-screen, fighting to be the first back with the news.}

NUKA and VITANI: Mother! Mother! Mother!

{Nuka and Vitani are speaking over one another, trying to get the first word in.}

NUKA: We were there-- in the Pride Lands. We saw the whole thing!

VITANI: At Pride Rock. We saw everything!

NUKA and VITANI: We saw Simba's cub!

ZIRA: What? Vitani-- what did you see?

VITANI: Simba's new cub is a girl!

ZIRA: A girl! {laughs} Scar, my beloved... did you hear that? This couldn't be more perfect.

NUKA: Who's she talking to?

VITANI: Ssshhh. Scar.

NUKA: {gasps} Where? Where?

VITANI: Scar's dead... genius.

ZIRA: Yes! Because of Simba... if not for him, Scar would still be King. And I, Zira-- his loving, devoted Queen!

NUKA: You know, speaking of kings... I was thinking, since I am the oldest... maybe I should be King! Huh?

ZIRA: Uh? Don't be a fool, Nuka.

NUKA: Heh heh... just a thought.

{Nuka has rolled over subserviently on his back.}

ZIRA: Kovu is the chosen one. We must fulfill Scar's dying wish, and train Kovu to become King.

NUKA: Oh... yeah.... oh, yeah. I can do that!

{Zira climbs up on a rock point to gaze out over the land. The others follow.}

ZIRA: Look... at the Pride Lands, my pets. So green... so inviting. That is our home... that is where we belong. And soon, my beloved Scar... we shall reclaim your kingdom.

unregistered user
March 19th, 2005, 09:28 PM
As Scar so wonderfully put it; "Truth is in the eye of the beholder"

we could all have our own perceptions of how and why things happened. ;)

My own opinion is that Nuka, Vitani, and Kovu do not come from Scar.

And I think Nala was the daughter of Leo from one of those Disney books. ;)

That is all ^^

Aurelian
March 19th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Leo? Is that some Disney movie I never heard of?

Sombolia
March 19th, 2005, 10:55 PM
I think Leo is a character from TLK6NA.. :thinks: Not sure though, I haven't read them in a long time...

Ashara
March 19th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Yep...Leo's in TLK6NA. He's the big burly one that picks on Kopa, I think.
But I think that a rogue is Nalas father.
And with Scar and Zira...I'm going with the deleted scene that Nuka and Vitani are Scars(Notice when Nuka says "Scar wasn't even his Father..." a little jealously is aroused...::hinthint:: ). Zira probably had Kovu with a chosen rogue by Scar.

Aurelian
March 19th, 2005, 11:51 PM
And what is TLK6NA? LMAO, sorry. I am a bit out of date, I guess.

va-kasi
March 20th, 2005, 12:38 AM
Not sure about who Nala's father is...

But for the second one, I don't believe Zira is Scar's mate at all.

I think she's merely a fan-girl. Its obvious she loves Scar ("and I, his loving devoted Queen") but I don't think Scar ever loved her ;)

It's all in her head IMO.

And yeah, Invader MEL, you have a good point about Nuka not being Scar's son too. She only said "My" :vitsm:

starlioness
March 20th, 2005, 02:02 AM
this is what I think about Nala's father.. ( don't ask why the bugs are there)

http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Tiiniuw/DNA.jpg

as for Scar and Zira. I'm wondering if they had the same relationship as Zira and Nuka.. Scar dissing her, while Zira was trying to win him over . maybe if she/Kovu killed Simba maybe Scar would finally accept her. or something like that.. I guess. :p

Huma
March 20th, 2005, 08:23 AM
what a great art, did you make it?
it's the most lovely to see horrent fur on sarabi's back.:browlift: :eww:

King Simba
March 20th, 2005, 08:27 AM
The pic was by Tiiniuw (http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Tiiniuw/?++++). ;)

Snowy
March 20th, 2005, 09:10 AM
For Nala's father, I personally go with the rogue lion hypothesis (though, of course, I am more than willing to debate other possibilities :evilgrin: ). Among real lions, rogues can and do sneak in and mate without the pride males knowing, and so cubs are erroneously thought to belong to those same pride males. I've also got my own melding of real lion behavior and TLK dynastic monarchies that not only allows for commoner lionesses to mate with rogues, but downright expects them to.

As for Scar and Zira's relationship, I'm of the mind that Scar pretty much just strung Zira along for his own purposes and didn't really give a hoot about her. Certainly no lovey-dovey soulmate stuff from him, no sir-ee-bob. She might have grown on him enough for a grudging quasi-affection to develop, but otherwise, I see the whole arrangement as being more politically motivated than emotionally. Zira, on the other hand, clearly loved and adored him, whatever her reason may be.

Futher proof, when Nuka died, Zira asked Scar, "Scar, watch over my poor Nuka". Wouldn't she have said "our Nuka"?
Not necessarily. First off, it'd be extraneous to the plot and would only serve to confuse the kiddies. Badly. Secondly, we don't know what Scar's relationship with Nuka was. He may have completely disowned him, in which case Zira claiming sole ownership of Nuka wouldn't be entirely unexpected or out of place.

And what is TLK6NA?
This is. (http://photobucket.com/albums/v164/tintitys/tlk6na/) More specifically, it's a bookset published by Grolier back in 1994 as part of a Disney book club in the States. Among other things, it is the source of the names Taka, Ahadi, Uru, and Kopa. If you're looking to own, try eBay as individual books and occasional whole sets show up every once in a while.

unregistered user
March 20th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Snowy you're so smart, and you never get tired of repeating yourself. This topic and question has come up so often hehe. But you make sure that everyone knows ^^ eProps to you Snowy ^^

Huma
March 20th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Snowy: it's so GREAT to have your analytic voice around here (it scares nowadays),=) but just you know : a Discovery Channel interviewed zoologist openly commented that the producer of TLK are completely studyless of the lion prides. He said that in real lions, such insurrection as Scar did to his brother is the most improbable since single male lions without their coalition will seldomly success in defending their pride from forces with two or more male lions. So, anyway, if the makers of TLK ever considered these unsolved questions, it has the least chance that they think it in realistic way. Not a obscuration to your theory though.

Hope you come here more often;)

starlioness
March 20th, 2005, 12:01 PM

if I did, i'd probably know why the bugs where there ;) .

props to Tiiniuw for the great pic :D..

Aurelian
March 20th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Thank's for the link Snowy! :hugs: I never heard of this series, and now understand some stuff better.

Snowy
March 21st, 2005, 02:51 AM
a Discovery Channel interviewed zoologist openly commented that the producer of TLK are completely studyless of the lion prides. He said that in real lions, such insurrection as Scar did to his brother is the most improbable since single male lions without their coalition will seldomly success in defending their pride from forces with two or more male lions.

What Discovery Channel program was this? And here I'd thought I caught all of their lion/Africa documentaries. ;)

Anyway, the zoologist is right, of course, about "treason" within coalitions being exceedingly rare, if not downright unknown. It'd be counterproductive to go off and kill your fellow coalition members. However, single males must have some success at holding prides, since I've seen instances of only one male commanding a territory. It's unlikely, sure, and these lone warriors might have only been exceedingly lucky in not having coalitions of mature males challenging them during their two year tenure, but they do exist.

So, anyway, if the makers of TLK ever considered these unsolved questions, it has the least chance that they think it in realistic way. Not a obscuration to your theory though.

Well, I wouldn't say that. The directors did say at the tenth anniversary that, going on real lion behavior, Nala's father would most likely be Scar or Mufasa. So, they do know about real lions, they just chose to subvert certain aspects thereof in the interest of dramatic storytelling. Unfortunately, I think there are biologists who, in their vigor to make certain that folks know that, no, TLK is not accurately representative of lion behavior, forget that creative license allows for such informed tweaking and that not all instances of contradiction are automatically the result of ignorance.

And :hugs: all around. You guys are too nice, and you let me ramble on for hours. :love:

Huma
March 21st, 2005, 08:28 AM
What Discovery Channel program was this? And here I'd thought I caught all of their lion/Africa documentaries.

It's "The Ultimate Guide:Big Cats", I will check in detail who said what and post here later. And hey, I got only two DC programs about lions
. another is Wild Discovery:The Lions Share, what do you get?

think there are biologists who, in their vigor to make certain that folks know that, no, TLK is not accurately representative of lion behavior, forget that creative license allows for such informed tweaking and that not all instances of contradiction are automatically the result of ignorance.
:eww: :gasp: omg, am i gonna be one of them? no!!!*changing program* :evilgrin: it certainly remind me of someone

:hugs: TOO!!!

Snowy
March 21st, 2005, 09:11 AM
It's "The Ultimate Guide:Big Cats", I will check in detail who said what and post here later. And hey, I got only two DC programs about lions
. another is Wild Discovery:The Lions Share, what do you get?

Ah, I think I remember seeing that. It's been a couple years, though, no doubt about it. Pretty sure I've seen "The Lion's Share", too, as it sounds familiar, but I could be mistaken.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the titles of various documentaries all too well. And it just gets more confusing because there used to be a lot of cross-over between Animal Planet's documentaries and Discovery Channel's. And then there's National Geographic and some of the public broadcast shows. As a result, what titles I do remember I can't vouch for what channel/program I saw them on. Some of the NG ones are obvious to remember -- "Lions of Darkness", "Eternal Enemies", "Ultimate Enemies" (narrated by Jeremy Irons, no less!) -- because they're all by the same photographers (the Jouberts, who also have a book, Hunting with the Moon, through NG). About the only non-NG title I remember offhand, though, is "The Lion Queen". :Ohno:

:eww: :gasp: omg, am i gonna be one of them? no!!!*changing program* :evilgrin: it certainly remind me of someone

I doubt it. ;) The biologist types I'm thinking of are kind of the stereotypical scientist. You know, the ones that just don't "get" things like literature or art? Those are the types I'd think most likely of immediately assuming that creative license is the same as ignorance of the facts. Though, sometimes, they have a point. I can think of a few movies that stretch the whole "creative license" and "suspension of disbelief" concepts a tad thin. Every disaster film I've ever seen, for instance. :jejeje:

W-Eyed-Wanderer
March 30th, 2005, 02:18 AM
My personal theory on the Nala/father situation is that Sarafina was pregnant when she joined the pride and Sarabi took her under her wing and they became friends. As to why Sarafina was chosen as the mother of the future Queen that is still open to debate.

Is it just me, or does Sarafina seem much younger than Sarabi? Anyway, I digress...

Ralli
March 30th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer
My personal theory on the Nala/father situation is that Sarafina was pregnant when she joined the pride and Sarabi took her under her wing and they became friends. As to why Sarafina was chosen as the mother of the future Queen that is still open to debate.

Is it just me, or does Sarafina seem much younger than Sarabi? Anyway, I digress...

That's what I've always thought. :browlift:

Nalinda
April 9th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Snowy: it's so GREAT to have your analytic voice around here (it scares nowadays),=) but just you know : a Discovery Channel interviewed zoologist openly commented that the producer of TLK are completely studyless of the lion prides. He said that in real lions, such insurrection as Scar did to his brother is the most improbable since single male lions without their coalition will seldomly success in defending their pride from forces with two or more male lions. So, anyway, if the makers of TLK ever considered these unsolved questions, it has the least chance that they think it in realistic way. Not a obscuration to your theory though.

Hope you come here more often;)

I very DISAGREE :disagree: with that zoologist!
He seems to think he know all the things about all the prides. You see, The Lion King needed a story. And got one. A very selling and good one.
Do that (excuse me) dumb zoologist have to always destroy the story about Scar and Mufasa and all that? Cant they just keep it as it is?
And do he know how a lion in Mufasas situation would act against Scar and vice-verca?
Have he asked the lions in a pride? I really dont think SO! :mad:
Really, that zoologist have just been studing some prides and looking to the statistic. And that what happened in TLK cant be compared to the statistic because its a very unusual pride-happening. But IT can happen.. He dont know what every male lion would do.. He cant say it is that way he explains.

Really disagree.. really.

:disagree:

va-kasi
April 9th, 2005, 06:39 AM
I suppose you're right Nalinda ;)

Any zoologist's would say that lions would kill they're prey, but what about that lionesses who adopted all those young antelope dudes. (sorry, can't remember the species!)

Nalinda
April 9th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Yeah.. I agree with you va-kasi.

And.. the zoologists seems to think they no absolutely everything about how lions act and what they do if that and that would happen in the pride. They cant say so. Because.. Every lion is individual! And I dont think that they know exactly what the lions think.
And do they always have to destroy some films because they wanna broke Disneys theorys and stories!
I think we must have a couple of new zoologists! Well, change a few of them. Especially those who think they know everything. I can tell you, they dont.. And ever wont.
Its always new things to discover of an art of animals...
Its great that it is many good zoologists who is working with lions.
But.. this one that was on this program.. Can keep his mouth shut against the public.. because he really dont know how it is. He havent asked the lions for gods sake how they would act in each situation..
And in the TLK pride happening.. you cant compare with the statistic. Because... this happening was now statistic!

Haha.. Im going crazy of zoologists who think they now everything.. Especially that one on that program. He can keep his mouth shut.. Disagreeeeeee.. :mad: :disagree:

Though this.. Im thinking about becoming a lion zoologist, im thinking about it. Because.. it seems really interesting and funny! :Ooo:

Ralli
April 9th, 2005, 03:24 PM
That bugs me what that zoologist said. I'm a realist, but I know how to tell when a movie about animals is usually more focused on the story and characters than how the animals act in real life. :huh: They're more based on humans than animals...ooh, what's her name? The lady who put TLKoB together? She said that the story is basically a human tale portrayed through animals. I think the folks who put the movie together mostly watched how the animals acted and moved so they could portray their actions reasonably realistically and didn't really focus on how the lions interact in a pride.

But what the zoologist said sort of amuses me...he seems really irritated by how the lion pride acts and doesn't even address how Simba happened to be raised for most of his life by animals he'd eat in regular circumstances. :vitsm: Among many other unrealistic happenings.

Nalinda
April 11th, 2005, 01:50 PM
I agree with you in some parts Ralli..

W-Eyed-Wanderer
April 27th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Who's to say one of the brothers wouldn't have aspirations of leading the pride alone? ...apart from that zoologist obviously...

There are a lot of traits that humans share with animals and vice-versa, I know for a fact jealousy exists in animals - just have to look at my pet cats! Just because it's not normally the way lions operate doesn't mean it couldn't happen, almost anythings possible in nature...after all it makes its own rules! Different species of animals have adopted each other's orphans on many occaisions both in zoos and in the wild, so even the Timon/Pumbaa/Simba combination could potentially be possible.

If you look at the film in that way there's not many things that could be called completely unrealistic...apart from possibly flyin' fightin' 'Fiki!

:D

Shatara
April 28th, 2005, 12:56 AM
I agree that said zoologist needs to be told the meaning of 'anthromorphism'...

At the same time, the point he was trying to make seems to have been lost.

I agree that animals share many (if not all) emotions with humans, but the concepts of 'ruling' or 'leading' are social, not emotional. They simply do not exist in lion society. The lack of such social concepts (succession and marriage are good additional examples) are why TLK could never happen in Real Life(TM).

Conclusion: Mr Zoologist was right in explaining how it couldn't happen, and wrong in faulting TLK's writers on it.

W-Eyed-Wanderer
April 28th, 2005, 01:46 AM
Well the basic idea of ruling a pride exists, even if the concept of ruling over all animals doesn't. If you were to concentrate on the leonine aspect of the film, as SP made an attempt to, and ignore the idea of ruling elephants and gazelle and such it is more feasible. Although this removes much of the point of the story...I obviously don't believe it could all happen but quite a few of the individual parts of the film might. It's just that most of them would be very rare if they ever did happen...still, stranger things have!

Of course, Scar would have fought Mufasa and not thrown him off a cliff, the chances of hyena ever joining a pride of lions is about as likely as flying Mandrills and Nala would have been killed when Scar took over...

Ignoring that: at the end of the day it's a great story, and that's all it is - it was never meant to be a nature film; I have to agree with your closing statement Shatara.

:)

Kiara Serengeti
May 5th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Huh, if Scar was Nala's father then Simba was Nala's cousin because Scar was Mufasa's brother and Simba was Mufasa's son.

I think even the Disney producers would have seen this, not that little kids would ;) ...I think Nala's father was somebody else....hmmm...

Nalinda
May 5th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Yeah.. I think so too Kiara.. Who could it be? :hmm: I think sarafina was pregnant when she came to the pride..

Lion_King_300
May 6th, 2005, 03:42 AM
Tough question! I subscribe to the "Rogue Lion" theory myself. I immediately ruled out Mufasa, that would be incest to the highest degree, I highly doubt that nature would allow that to occur in the animal kingdom, being that Nala and Simba were "destined" to become King and Queen. :eww:

I used to consider Scar for Nala's paternity because then Nala would still have royal blood, but I discounted it for two reasons: First Nala and Scar look nothing alike, and second in the Broadway production, we all know Scar displays his intentions of mating with Nala, which he obviously wouldn't do if she was his daugher. (although he WAS "mad")

I think the "Sarafina was pregnant" approach is perfectly feasible because that does happen, however rarely.

But then again, how would Nala be arranged to be wed to Simba if Sarafina was impregnated by a rogue/a lion not belonging to the pride? That doesn't make much sense, but no one seemed to have have any reservations against Kovu and Kiara getting together in TLK II after everything got peaceful.

I don't think there is a final answer to this question, I guess all we can do is formulate our own opinions and keep in mind that it is a story and probably not meant to be read into this deeply. But that's part of the fun... mwahaha! :evilgrin:

?? :fini: ?? :evilgrin: ?? :) ?? :-)

:hmm:

Shatara
May 6th, 2005, 04:35 AM
But then again, how would Nala be arranged to be wed to Simba if Sarafina was impregnated by a rogue/a lion not belonging to the pride?
Am I the only one who think that's a perfect reason in itself for Simba and Nala to be betrothed...?

Ngatuny
May 6th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Sarafina is an exchange lioness (from the Royal lioness exchange program) from a different pride for the sole purpose of having Nala and be betrothed to Simba.

starlioness
May 6th, 2005, 06:51 AM
prexactly ;)

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 6th, 2005, 12:37 PM
I didn't know about the Nala/Scar thing in TLKoB! that sounds great, I'm now even more determined to go and see it - means a 1600 mile round trip for me though.
:(

Anyway back to the topic in hand...I always went with the Sarafina pregnancy theory, because apart from anything else it's the nicest way to look at the situation. =D It's probably also the most likely in the circumstances...

I quite like the thought that maybe they chose Nala to be Simba's betrothed because of this, I always just assumed that Sarabi had taken Sarafina under her paw and they had become close friends so Mufasa had agreed to allow the betrothal.

:)

Nalinda
May 11th, 2005, 04:12 PM
I quite like the thought that maybe they chose Nala to be Simba's betrothed because of this, I always just assumed that Sarabi had taken Sarafina under her paw and they had become close friends so Mufasa had agreed to allow the betrothal. :)

I have always thought that way to :D I think :hmm:
But that one is the best .. I think..

Lucy Lioness
May 11th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Ngatuny
Sarafina is an exchange lioness (from the Royal lioness exchange program) from a different pride for the sole purpose of having Nala and be betrothed to Simba.

I like that theory, thats kinda like the thing I had in mind.

unregistered user
May 17th, 2005, 08:25 AM
chmm.. maby this site help you http://www.toya.net.pl/~wyspa/drzewa.html ;)

Mizani
May 25th, 2005, 09:28 AM
I reckon Disney just made up anything to suit there plot.
But since that response is boring I think that Nala's father is an.....
ALIEN!

Random I know but I'm on a sugar high:p

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 25th, 2005, 09:36 AM
:lol: Wooo sugar!

I'm really hungry right now and it's far too early in the morning for me to be up but I couldn't stay asleep so I'm here....though my mind probably isn't...

Anyway maybe Nala, seeing as she's so perfect n'all, was just sculpted by the gods and brought to earth to bring joy to the children....or something like that...
:idiot: :diva:

Mizani
May 25th, 2005, 09:39 AM
That explains alot:p

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 25th, 2005, 10:50 AM
:haha: :irule:

Hey it's Summer over here, we're not used to nice weather....go a bit mad...

Of course Aussies have nice weather all the time...which explains why they're mad all the time...
:p :D

Mizani
May 25th, 2005, 10:54 AM
I object! I'm not mad.
Just partially insane:p

right now its freezing here (winter). I hate Melbournes unpredictable weather.

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 25th, 2005, 11:13 AM
So it's "freezing" is it? That'll be about 20C then I suppose...:p

Come to Scotland if you wanna find out what 'freezing' is!
:metoo:

Anyway this is all getting very off topic...hmm...
:idiot:

Mizani
May 25th, 2005, 11:15 AM
yes it is.
Well to get it back "on-topic" I reckon Zira was "fangirl" of Scar.
If she had been scars mate when he was king, wouldn't she be really old?

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 25th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Maybe she was actually his daughter...which would make Kovu her brother...which would mean her daughter was also her sister...unless Vitani and Nuka weren't hers...

Is she her own mother?

:thinks: Am I still me?

Nalinda
June 12th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Maybe she was actually his daughter...which would make Kovu her brother...?

Umm.. W-Eyed, Kovu is'nt Scars son :uhno:

TheUnknownSoul
June 12th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Alright. .

Nala's father? Well, I think Sarafina came from another pride. I've made my own back stories for everyone who needs one. But I wont go into it (unless asked :P) but anyway, I think she was pregnant when she got to the pride. She bonded with Sarabi, who decided she'd want her new friends daughter to be betrothed to her own son. Just a thought. (Course, i think maybe that law becomes void if the prince/princess finds love elsewhere)

Zira? I think she was younger than Scar. A cub when he was just in his teen years, and followed him around like a lost puppy, always holding on to him. I think Scar have felt something for her, but not like she felt for him. And when Nuka was born (/I/ think he's Scars son) he was unhealthy and Scar was angered . . The way Zira is, if Scar doesnt like someone, she doesnt either.

On males in lion prides. . there can be more than one male in a pride, even unrelated. It all depends on the males personality. You could have a woman hording male D: or, ya could have a sympathetic male. . *Shrug* correct me if Im wrong Snowy XD but thats what I've read and seen.

...murr?

Nalinda
June 12th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by TheUnknownSoul
And when Nuka was born (/I/ think he's Scars son) he was unhealthy and Scar was angered . .

Unhealthy? I did'nt get that right I think.. Is he? Huh? :confused:

W-Eyed-Wanderer
June 12th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Sorry, I'm not terribly 'up' on SP, seeing as I usually fail to acknowledge its existence.

As far as I'm concerned there's only one 'true' Lion King film...the other two are just money-making add-ons.

*Ahem* :p :D

Nalinda
June 13th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Yeah I think so too.. TLK is the greatest. I mean.. Well. It's just so good. I dont have any words for it more than that :p

Ralli
June 13th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Sorry, I'm not terribly 'up' on SP, seeing as I usually fail to acknowledge its existence.

As far as I'm concerned there's only one 'true' Lion King film...the other two are just money-making add-ons.

*Ahem* :p :D

*raises paw* Ditto. I try to pretend that it's just the first movie...

...except I'm very fond of the last money-making add-on... :eww:
*shameshame* Though I don't really focus on it at all. Whenever I discuss TLK I always go by the first movie. It was the original, and I'm a stickler for original movies, books, et cetera... I don't take TLK 1.5 seriously at all...I watch it just as eye candy...

...as much as I like TLK 1.5, I REALLY wish Disney hadn't made it. *slams head against wall* People wouldn't hate Timon and Pumbaa as much if that was the case.

Nalinda
June 13th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Umm yeah.
Well I think that the TLK 1.5 was ahem.. well.. okay. But the name of it should be something like "Timons and Pumbas adventours".. I mean "The Lion King" should be about lions :uhno:

Ralli
June 13th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Nalinda
Umm yeah.
Well I think that the TLK 1.5 was ahem.. well.. okay. But the name of it should be something like "Timons and Pumbas adventours".. I mean "The Lion King" should be about lions :uhno:

Well, technically, it had the story of TLK from their point of view, too. >>; So it worked either way.

Nalinda
June 13th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Yes, but I think the name is telling the wrong thing.... It's true that it is their opinions and storys about stuff. But the most part of the movie is about how Timon and Pumba found each other and Hakuna Matata..
Well, I like the movie but I had expected a bit more from the lion characters. And "can you feel the love tonight" is lying :p That did'nt happen in the first movie..

Ralli
June 13th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Ha, I may enjoy TLK 1.5, but don't think that I didn't recognize the plot holes. ;) But at least there's not as many as in SP, and you don't really mind the plot holes in 1.5 as it's, all in all, a joke. And I mean that in a nice way. The whole movie was to poke fun at the original, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Though it does have it's serious parts...few as there may be.

And I wish to heck that Disney would make a freakin' 'nother movie just about the stinkin' lions just to shut people up. @_@; I don't care how awful the animation or the storyline or characters may be or anything. As long as it's about lions than maybe people will get OVER Timon and Pumbaa having their own movie.

...aw freak I'm gonna be flamed, aren't I? *dives under a rock*

Nalinda
June 13th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Hmm..
The thing "Can you feel the love tonight?" in 1.5 and other things too.. I just think it's a bit destroying TLK. Im not bashing 1.5 Im just saying my opinion..
TLK had another deepness with things. TLK had a since of humour but it was still deep.. And so freakin' good.
1.5 is trying to the same but not so succesfully done..
If 1.5 was'nt going to be taken seriously I think it's not good that the name is TLK 1.5.. Most people were waiting something serious. Not to joke away TLK.. :uhno:

Ralli
June 13th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Personally, I wouldn't mind something serious. o_o And I don't really care if people bash TLK 1.5...it's just I hate when people bash Timon and Pumbaa. *hugs real life meerkat plushie* Though the chances of them making a good sequel would be slim to none...I'd prefer a re-make of SP or a prequel about Mufasa and Scar's cubhood...again, good chances that it'd stink...

Annnddd I'm gonna drop this because a.) it's off topic and b.) I've discussed this so many times in the past that it's starting to get on my and probably other peoples' nerves... :vitsm:

Nalinda
June 13th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Hmm.. Well back on topic then..
I still wonder who Nala's father is. I know the logical answer is Scar.. But she doesn't have anything from him in her looks I mean.. That's almost impossible. You got to have something who reminds of him.. :confused:

IchLiebeNALA
June 15th, 2005, 07:59 PM
i really do not know! :confused:

i think it could be scar, or it could be some random lion looking for a good time...

nathalie
June 15th, 2005, 07:59 PM
First: I understand that you are new here ...
But because you are, there are already a whole lot of topics on this forum.

*please* use the SEARCH button first ...
It will help, so we won't have 10 threads about the same thing ;)

1. http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4105&highlight=nala

2. http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1453&highlight=nala

Opera Ghost
June 15th, 2005, 08:01 PM
I think Nala's father is just an unknown lion,not that sure really :confused:

King Simba
June 15th, 2005, 08:02 PM
No idea really. I don't think it's Scar, I just think it's another random lion. I think that's the answer I gave in one of the other threads anyway. :hmm:

TakaTiger
June 15th, 2005, 08:20 PM
if it was scar, the whole relation ship between simba and nala means... cousins oO

Nalinda
June 15th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Hmm.. Yeah.. But some threads are'nt people discussing in anymore. :uhno:
Maybe cuz it got so off-topic or some other.. ahem.. reason..

Well, before I thoguht Nalas father was Scar :jejeje: But now I've changed my mind for some reasons. I think it's another lion which we dont get to know ;)

Alli
June 15th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Hmmm...Well, hopefully they didn't do it like normal lion prides do it...One father to all xD Than they'd be brother and sister...Weirdly...

Lion King Stu
June 15th, 2005, 10:37 PM
its not Scar in my opinion...wouldn't his cubs look like Kovu and the others

Dare
June 15th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Two words: Darth Vader (http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Dare/TheTruth.jpg)

But in all sincerity, I'm going to go with Mufasa.
*sits back to watch folks squirm at the thought of lion incest*
:horror:

starlioness
June 15th, 2005, 11:15 PM
after years of researching this topic.. I came up with one with one answer... WHO CARES!! .. there is no right or wrong answer... it'll just make your head explode :p

Lucy Lioness
June 15th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by starlioness
after years of researching this topic.. I came up with one with one answer... WHO CARES!! .. there is no right or wrong answer... it'll just make your head explode :p

I agree, as much as we all love it, TLK is a cartoon, it don't really have to make sense.

Endra
June 15th, 2005, 11:19 PM
If it were a real pride... I would guess Mufasa... but since it is Disney, I want to say some rogue lion ^_^

unregistered user
June 15th, 2005, 11:24 PM
i think.. err
im the nala's father:p
muahahahah muahahahahah
answer: unknown:p

Lucy Lioness
June 15th, 2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Aziri
If it were a real pride... I would guess Mufasa... but since it is Disney, I want to say some rogue lion ^_^

Yeah, In real life, Mufasa would have to be the dad, otherwise Nala would have been killed if she was the cub of a rogue. And, Mufasa would never have allowed Sarafina to mate with another male. There would have been a fight and stuff. But since TLK is not real life - I like to think that Nala's dad was a different lion, maybe a rouge.

Kiara Serengeti
June 15th, 2005, 11:31 PM
I think a random lion was Nala's father. But it's a movie...so maybe Nala just magically appeared :p

Mizani
June 16th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Rogue.
Do you really think Disney cared about who Nalas father was?:uhno:
Nala was just there for the love interest, nothing else.
She just suited the plot.

va-kasi
June 16th, 2005, 10:32 AM
I don't really care but;

As far as Disney goes I wouldn't really rely on the behaviour of real lions.

Wasn't it true that Scar wasn't originally going to be Mufasa's brother? If so, it might of been him (hence Nala's green eyes and "beard" )

I'm going to get shot now for saying Nala has a beard!:nukawha: I mean her chin fur.. it's long and curves backwards sometimes. (as a cub)

Anyway, so maybe Disney originally intended it that way but things were changed when they decided Muffy & Scar were siblings?

la_reina
June 16th, 2005, 11:13 AM
:thinks:I have no idea, really:confused:

W-Eyed-Wanderer
June 16th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Well my standard answer is that Sarafina was pregnant when she joined the pride...and then along came Nala...That would mean they couldn't really prove Mufasa wasn't the father and so she wouldn't have been killed. That's assuming Mufasa was mating with Sarafina anyway....*ahem*
:diva: =D

Maybe they gave Nala green eyes as they were planning a 'Romeo & Juliet' plotline with Scar as her father but then realised how many times it had been done and just made her one of the pride...

Of course the writers of SP had no problem with it..."Originality? Who cares! let's make some money..."

:D

Mabatu
June 16th, 2005, 01:39 PM
I think Roger Allers is actually Nala's father :lol:

Or being serious, i'd say just some random lion. Maybe Mufasa is a nice lion and he doesn't like to keep all the lionesses to himself :bleen: :confused:

starlioness
June 16th, 2005, 06:11 PM
you know , that must really suck for Scar .. he doesn't get to be King because of Simba and Mufasa .. if Sarabi and Scar were an item when they were young . Scar couldn't be with Sarabi due to the Betrothal (if there was one) to Mufasa. and if Mufasa was a "nice " lion and let some rogue mate with his lionessess instead of his brother.. that would tick me off...:grrr:

Bagheera
June 16th, 2005, 07:14 PM
:jejeje: <------ Nala's Father. :alone: yup that is true Nala.

Nalinda
June 16th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Hmm.. Nala doesn't have anything from Scar. Is that possible then for Scar to be her father? :uhno:

Sombolia
June 17th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Wicked
Two words: Darth Vader (http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Dare/TheTruth.jpg)

The truth is out! xD

If I had to pick between Muffy or Scar, I'd say it was Scar. In my WIP, though, another pride lion is Nala's dad :ayecapn:

simba2662
June 17th, 2005, 02:47 AM
I rekon that Sarafina entered the pride pregnant and was accepted. Just a thought. If the musical is related to the movie, Scar wanted nala for his lover so that would mean his daughter so im not sure about that 1.

Sharifu
June 17th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Um, since TLK lions are based more on human behavor, then real lions, I think that some random lion was Nala's father. I seriously don't know why people think Scar is Nala's father. I guess it could be possible, but still, he is like, the last lion I would ever think to be Nala's father.

Nalinda
June 17th, 2005, 11:48 AM
you know , that must really suck for Scar .. he doesn't get to be King because of Simba and Mufasa .. if Sarabi and Scar were an item when they were young . Scar couldn't be with Sarabi due to the Betrothal (if there was one) to Mufasa. and if Mufasa was a "nice " lion and let some rogue mate with his lionessess instead of his brother.. that would tick me off...:grrr:

That's life.. Some people are born to have a good life and some dont.

Mizani
June 17th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Nalinda
Hmm.. Nala doesn't have anything from Scar. Is that possible then for Scar to be her father? :uhno:
What about those green eyes?:wicked::metoo:

Nalinda
June 17th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Yeah, Mizani.. The green eyes are the ONLY thing who relate them (Scar and Nala) to each other. :metoo:
But genitically thing still bothers me.. :uhno:
- Sarafina is a very pale lioness.
- Scar is a very dark lion. (Dominant color)
If their cub was in rule to that.. The result should have been some cub like Simba. A mix of the colors.
Since dark is dominant its almost impossible for Nala to be so look-a-like Sarafina when Scar is so dark.
It would have been possible to have Nala as the result of Mufasa and Sarafina mating..
Scar.. No.

Sharifu
June 17th, 2005, 09:06 PM
I think that if a random lion was Nala's father (and I really think I do), it would of been a light colored lion, and probably had blue or green eyes.

King Simba
June 17th, 2005, 09:07 PM
I'll probably end up drawing my own version of Nala's father sometime. No doubt I'll be bored sooner or later.

Opera Ghost
June 17th, 2005, 09:20 PM
cool idea ks ;)

Ralli
June 17th, 2005, 09:42 PM
I'm definately going to draw my own version of Nala's father, also...

unregistered user
June 17th, 2005, 10:53 PM
It sounds very wierd to me, but I think Scar is her father, first because of the green eyes, (I don't think the fur color mean anything, it doesn't has to be mixed light and dark, she probably has a color from either her mum or dad...) and if you look at it as the real world is, if someone else was her father, she would have been killed as cub. Lions don't want cubs that is someone else and then kill them, so, if Nala is still there, her father could for sure be Scar.
But it does sound very wierd (and this cousin thing doesn't matter either in that distance for animals or did I hear wrong about that earlier?), maybe we could just write to Disney and ask what they thought about it:p

Whitewolf
June 18th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Yea i got a feel that Scar is Nala father or it could be a rogue lion... but who knows maybe you can call Up the creator and Ask

Lucky
June 18th, 2005, 02:13 AM
The thought of Scar being Nala's father has been erased from my mind ever since I saw Lion King on Broadway. If Scar is Nala's father, he must have a REALLY sick mind to try to get together with her in TLKoB :gasp:

Lucky
June 18th, 2005, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Ciara Zukunft
It sounds very wierd to me, but I think Scar is her father, first because of the green eyes, (I don't think the fur color mean anything, it doesn't has to be mixed light and dark, she probably has a color from either her mum or dad...) and if you look at it as the real world is, if someone else was her father, she would have been killed as cub. Lions don't want cubs that is someone else and then kill them, so, if Nala is still there, her father could for sure be Scar.
But it does sound very wierd (and this cousin thing doesn't matter either in that distance for animals or did I hear wrong about that earlier?), maybe we could just write to Disney and ask what they thought about it:p

Yes, but TLK ventures far away from real lion habits, because if they went right off of what real lions did, then Mufasa would be her father, because the male lion leader always mates with all of the lionesses in the pride.

Whitewolf
June 18th, 2005, 02:33 AM
that true and when Mufasa die NAla would been killed no matter what

starlioness
June 18th, 2005, 04:05 AM
some people are forgetting that Sarafina also has green eyes..:fini: : :Ooo: .. even though you can't see it in that pic. maybe Nala's Dad has the same fur color but with Saffy's eyes? :thinks:

also if you wan't judge just on eye color.. then you can debate that Nala would be related to Kovu somehow..:p

Whitewolf
June 18th, 2005, 04:10 AM
wait but how did Nala eyes turn blue in TLK 2. But was Sarafina orginal bore in Priderock or is she one those lioness that came in during Mufasa time as king

Sombolia
June 18th, 2005, 07:49 AM
:thinks: About Scar/Nala TLKoB thing.. pretend for a moment he IS her father... maybe he doesn't know? >_>;;

just a thought...

Lucky
June 18th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Whitewolf
wait but how did Nala eyes turn blue in TLK 2. But was Sarafina orginal bore in Priderock or is she one those lioness that came in during Mufasa time as king

The eyes turning blue was a mistake that the animators made. And I think that Sarafina was already in the pride when the movie started.

lionloversam
June 28th, 2005, 12:35 AM
I think Mufasa.

Suki
June 28th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Who's Nala's father? I think it's this dude:

http://webpages.csus.edu/~gf23/pics/toonces.jpg

:D All hail Toonces The Driving Cat.

Katse
June 28th, 2005, 02:39 AM
Just leave it to the fans. You guys think what you want.

I'm starting to lean further towards Scar being Nala's father. It's not just the eye color, either. I can very well see that Scar doesn't know that Nala's his daughter.

Xinithian
June 28th, 2005, 06:05 AM
If it was Scar, then Scar would molest/rape his own daughter in the "Madness of King Scar" scene. If it was Mufasa's daughter, then Simba would be with his half-sister. And the directors killed off the possibilities of a random lion when they said that the father was either Scar or Mufasa at that one convention. So they got themselves into a lose-lose situation (although nobody else notices that, really).

starlioness
June 28th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Suki

my gosh, that almost looks like my cat :uhno: cept she's female. maybe it's one of her brothers? :confused: :p

Hanshilo
July 2nd, 2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Jettie
mmmm yeah they would be cousens. Someone thought it was Simba before then they would be brother ansd sister. But I dont think it matters with lions

Well i am not sure if they do that anyway, because as i far as i have heard, All animals knows who is who, they know who belongs to them and who doesn't, so there is no incest involved... *phew wipes forehead* then again i do not know properly about the relationships between lions:eek: ...
But anyway It would have to be another lion, because if scar was the father, might have looked alot different, and i don't know if lions go with thier cousins...:confused:
or whatever they want to call them...

Winter Lioness
July 2nd, 2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Suki

OMG IT'S TOONCES!!! I love that episode! :D

Nala's father is some rogue, trust me. Sarafina would NEVER marry Scar, and Mufasa would give a lecture to Nala too after the graveyard scene if she was his daughter.

Ralli
July 2nd, 2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Xinithian
If it was Scar, then Scar would molest/rape his own daughter in the "Madness of King Scar" scene. If it was Mufasa's daughter, then Simba would be with his half-sister. And the directors killed off the possibilities of a random lion when they said that the father was either Scar or Mufasa at that one convention. So they got themselves into a lose-lose situation (although nobody else notices that, really).

Wow, they really did say that it was either Scar or Mufasa at one convention? Is there a copy of the conversation or direct quotes, or is it rumour?

Ralli
July 2nd, 2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Winter Lioness
OMG IT'S TOONCES!!! I love that episode! :D

Nala's father is some rogue, trust me. Sarafina would NEVER marry Scar, ....

Actually, we don't know anything about Sarafina besides she's a.) evidently friends with Sarabi because she asks Sarabi's opinion in her one line, b.) takes care of her daughter. We can't really pull much of her personality out of that. She could have a thing for the dark brooding mysterious loner types like Scar. :evilgrin: Plus, he's a good actor, and he probably showed his dislike of Mufasa to Mufasa himself, because Scar had everything all planned out, you know. He probably knew that if he showed a resentment towards his brother, he could've been suspected for setting up the deaths. So to the rest of the members of the pride, he pretended to like Simba and Mufasa (which shows in his eulagy, I suppose). Don't know why he'd marry Sarafina, maybe to further convince the lionesses that he had no wish to take Mufasa's place.

I'm not saying that I think Scar is her father, because I don't know, but I don't think everyone should COMPLETELY close off the concept that he could be her father.

Originally posted by Winter Lioness
...and Mufasa would give a lecture to Nala too after the graveyard scene if she was his daughter

Maybe, but Simba's the one who was going to be king and Mufasa, being king, was probably more responsible for teaching Simba than he was for Nala. He also may have known it was Simba's idea to go.

Sombolia
July 2nd, 2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Ralli
Maybe, but Simba's the one who was going to be king and Mufasa, being king, was probably more responsible for teaching Simba than he was for Nala. He also may have known it was Simba's idea to go.

But Nala was gonna be queen, Mufasa knew that. Obviously, he played some part in their betrothal..

And you can't have an irresponsible queen. ;)

Vidan
July 2nd, 2005, 10:36 PM
Merged similar threads.

Shatara
July 2nd, 2005, 11:29 PM
GG on the merge-age...

[i]And the directors killed off the possibilities of a random lion when they said that the father was either Scar or Mufasa at that one convention. So they got themselves into a lose-lose situation (although nobody else notices that, really). [/B] Not nessecarily.

Yeah, thats what they said. They also said it in a manner that indicated they hadn't given it a single thought up to that point. I doubt the idea of a random rogue even crossed their minds to be killed off.

Sharifu
July 3rd, 2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Shatara
Yeah, thats what they said. They also said it in a manner that indicated they hadn't given it a single thought up to that point.

Yeah I agree with that... It sounds like they didn't even think about it.

I still think it's a random lion. ;)

Katifa
July 24th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Assuming good looks and numbers of fanboys run in families: I think my father would be a safe bet. :haha: No, seriously?

To quote the knights in Monty Python... Ni! Ni! Ni! (you know, from The Lion King: Six New Adventures (http://photobucket.com/albums/v164/tintitys/tlk6na/)? A slightly ?untried-and-untested? theory that?s also a one-way ticket to getting my head bitten off, I?m sure you?ll all agree, but look at those scans and think about the evidence: Ni had enough nerve to address Nala as ??small and flaky?? on page 42, suggesting he is indeed an adult (?I guess [Nala] thought [Ni] was younger?? ?It?s true [Ni?s] a little smaller than average?), albeit a young adult who hadn?t fully learned about manners and junk yet ? perhaps as an even younger adult/adolescent, Mufasa/Ahadi reluctantly allowed him to stay the night at Pride Rock purely to prevent inbreeding, and because he was a little rough with Sarafina because it was his first time, he was banished from the pride and the lionesses ? particularly Sarafina ? now consider him ?taboo?? (?I don?t think [Ni] would be very welcome. Your pride tried to scare [Ni] away yesterday?) Or, perhaps Sarafina?s just a little ashamed about mating with a scruffy young rouge to the point of not allowing her own daughter to know a word of it? But on the flip side, notice how Nala and Ni just ?clicked? so fast (well, at least that?s my opinion), how Ni was somewhat protective towards Nala (?You know [Nala?s] still too small to protect yourself??) in a paternal kind of way, and how well Ni and Sarafina worked together to protect their daughter once they set their differences aside?... hell, the list goes on and on and on? *sings the song from Freaky Friday 2003* Or it could just be that I?m just a tired kid with an overactive imagination and I?m just making up stuff on the spot to make myself sound important? there?s no *law* that says you have to listen to me; in fact I?m sort of contradicting myself since I?m one of those freaks who usually just sits back and enjoys the movie and loves it too much to ruin it by fussing about who?s related to who. And trust me, if you think it?s bad in the TLK community then you ain?t seen nothin? ?til you?ve seen the Codename: Kids Next Door fandom where you can?t post a screencap of Numbuhs 1 and 4 looking in each others? direction without triggering slash to the left of you and slash to the right of you? :sigh: if I don?t shut myself up soon this is going to turn into a rant? don?t get me wrong, I love C:KND and all the people I?ve met through it, but sometimes I just wish its pickier fans would stop wishing it were called Codename: Lovers Next Door and focus on what its creators dreamt it up for in the first place: insane amounts of criminal ageism. :( /end off-topicness

Then again: if there?s some major flaw in my hypothesis I failed to spot because I?m STOOPID (and let?s face it, there more than likely is at least one), as much as detest (and I mean really detest) all forms of incest with a fiery passion: if someone put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between Scar and Mufasa I?d at least lean towards Mufasa anyday. Why? Because a) maybe Nala ??starting to sound like [Simba?s] father? was down to more than mere coincidence, and b) it would explain a helluva lot about Kiara?s terminal lack of brain cells and bizarre defective gene that gave her the magical power to switch genders between movies! :gasp:

:rolleyes: Okay; if you insist I'll stop using a serious discussion as an excuse to exhibit my warped sense of humour now. :stop: /over and out.

Sombolia
July 25th, 2005, 05:59 AM
:lol: That's a very good idea Katifa! I like it =D Hmm.. great theory. :hmm:

And trust me, I hear ya about the slash thing.

starlioness
July 26th, 2005, 03:03 AM
well, it's been speculated before that Ni coould be Nala's father... but I personally disagree is that I think he's too young to be her father. not to mention scary to find out that her dad was only a little bit old older than she was when she was born. incest prevention or not... I'd rather go with the Mufasa/Scar theory than that. but Ni is still a cool character..

Akril drew a pic aboput the possibity of Ni being Vtani's father .. don't ask where that came from.;)

Sombolia
July 26th, 2005, 04:36 AM
Akril drew a pic aboput the possibity of Ni being Vtani's father .. don't ask where that came from.;)

I saw that picture. :hmm: Kinda came from left field, but I like that idea too.

Nala The Lion
July 27th, 2005, 11:19 AM
isn't it best kept a mystery? Nalas father could of died before she was born for all we know :confused:

Nalinda
July 27th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Hmm that's true Nala the lion! ;) I mean some of us maybe would get dissapointed if we found out.

This Land
July 28th, 2005, 10:27 AM
i have found some family trees in who nala's father might be this might of already been coverd but just incase

just scroll down the faq page until you come to the who is nalas father section

Nalinda
July 28th, 2005, 01:46 PM
I've seen that before.. good link. But I guess.. I've read it, and it doesn't make things more clearly about who Nalas father is. :hmm:

Lucy Lioness
July 28th, 2005, 01:59 PM
I don't think it really matters who Nala's father is. If it was important it would have been in the movie, or maybe it was left out for the insest reason. I think it's good that everyone has their own opinions of who Nala's father is, it creates a good discussion anyway. :D

This Land
July 28th, 2005, 06:53 PM
i agree,
since there are ppl who talk alot here can you tell me how to put your own pictures under your display name and signature, i have looked round all the forums nut found nothin so plz can u tell me
thanks

Nalinda
July 28th, 2005, 07:15 PM
I agree Lucy. But it's still something I wanna know. I mean.. it's interesting. But I think it'll be a little bit of a dissapointment if you got to know who it is. Hmm, I really wonder who it is. Hehe! :D

nathalie
July 28th, 2005, 09:32 PM
*thread merged with another existing thread*

Xinithian
July 28th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Ralli
Wow, they really did say that it was either Scar or Mufasa at one convention? Is there a copy of the conversation or direct quotes, or is it rumour? It's not a rumour. I finally found the screening it was at. Somebody (I think Brian of TLK-L or something) asked "who is Nala's father". Here's what this website says (although the first hand review from Brian was better):

Someone asked who Nala's father was and Rob Minkoff jokingly said that Roger Allers was. After the joke, Rob said they didn't think anybody would ever pay attention to that but that it was likely to be Scar or Mufasa

http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00001715.html

EDIT: A-ha, I finally found the original thing. http://zazu.lionking.org/getmsg.cgi?138+06+04+7421+7797

So then they opened it up to questions from the audience. They only
ended up taking seven or eight questions, most of which were of the
nature of "What inspired you to do a movie about lions?" and "What
decisions influenced how you used foley in this movie?". When Sito
roved the side of the room I was on, he picked someone in front of me
first; after that, it was actually Katzenberg himself who called on me.
I stood up.

"This is a question for the story guys; and I apologize for the
"Trekkie" nature of the question-- you can feel free to tell me to 'get
a life', or whatever..."

A chuckle went around the room, so I took the opportunity to breathe a
couple of times.

"...So I apologize in advance; but I've been charged, for... ten years
now, with providing to the entire Internet fan community (and believe
me, there are thousands of us) with a definitive answer to the
following question:

"WHO is Nala's father?!"

Full-blown laughter this time, as the question sank in to a couple of
hundred people who had apparently never thought about it before, or who
suddenly remembered they wanted to hear the answer too. Fortunately Rob
Minkoff and Roger Allers were laughing too, ribbing each other, making
little sidelong jibes. Finally, Minkoff looked at me, pointed at
Allers, and said "Roger."

More guffawing ensued. Minkoff and Allers then mentioned how they'd
joked about this during production, tossed around some off-color gags,
and eventually decided that they just "hoped nobody would notice". Heh.
Fat chance, right?

Finally, after talking a little bit about how lions operate in
real-life prides, Minkoff said, sort of muttering into his sleeve, that
the general assumption was that Nala's father was "either Scar or...
Mufasa."

So there we have it, from as official a source as I can imagine.

Sombolia
July 28th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Wasn't it Brian Tiemann, oh-so-mighty creator of lk.org and TLKFAA?

But yeah, he said it. I laughed when I read that on TLK-L =P

trexmaster
August 1st, 2005, 12:16 PM
I vote the "mysterious Outlander", unless TLK is located in some isolated "Ngorongoro Crater" where lack of other prides means that incest needs to enter the equation for the Pridelanders.

If the latter situation is indeed the case, Scar MIGHT more likely the daddy, as his eyes have green irides and Nala has blue irides, whereas Mufasa has orange/red irides. Green is closer to blue than orange or red, although I'm not sure if that's a reliable predictor of ancestry (does anyone with superior knowledge about genetics have any comment?).

This thread's premise would not be a question if Disney didn't give their lions a Western system where males inherited "rule" from their fathers rather than the more leonine system of males being driven from their natal prides and having to take control of new prides. Then we wouldn't have to worry about mysterious outsiders or incest, as Simba would simply be taking control of a different pride than Mufasa and Scar's when he meets Nala.

EDIT:
some people are forgetting that Sarafina also has green eyes..

There goes my second paragraph! :woeisme:

This Land
August 1st, 2005, 04:19 PM
i have another source, just to let you know the lion in this bit of story called taka is really called scar, taka was scars original name before he changed it, he changed it because it brang him too many bad memories. but anyway here it is.
Mufasa assumed the throne and took Sarabi to be his mate. Mufasa stood at the tip of Pride Rock with all of the animals surrounded at the base. Sarabi stood next to Mufasa and Zazu flew in from above the crowd and bowed before the new King and Queen. Sarafina watched all of the excitement from inside the den. "I wish you were here Taka,"she said. "You would have been a great Father to our new cub. Please return to me soon." Sarafina looked down on the cub she had in her paws. "I will call her Nala for that name reminds me of you Taka. You would have been a great Father." Sarafina held little Nala close in her paws and nuzzled the little cub. As Sarafina continued to look at Nala, she kept thinking about Taka.

Sombolia
August 2nd, 2005, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by This land
i have another source, just to let you know the lion in this bit of story called taka is really called scar, taka was scars original name before he changed it, he changed it because it brang him too many bad memories. but anyway here it is.
Mufasa assumed the throne and took Sarabi to be his mate. Mufasa stood at the tip of Pride Rock with all of the animals surrounded at the base. Sarabi stood next to Mufasa and Zazu flew in from above the crowd and bowed before the new King and Queen. Sarafina watched all of the excitement from inside the den. "I wish you were here Taka,"she said. "You would have been a great Father to our new cub. Please return to me soon." Sarafina looked down on the cub she had in her paws. "I will call her Nala for that name reminds me of you Taka. You would have been a great Father." Sarafina held little Nala close in her paws and nuzzled the little cub. As Sarafina continued to look at Nala, she kept thinking about Taka.

...Um, since when is fanfic a canon source...?

This Land
August 2nd, 2005, 05:10 PM
it gives you a strong idea and perspective on whos nala's father is.
Why does scar want to kill simba and not nala? Nala as future queen could pose a threat to scrars plans, so why does he not kill nala aswell???

Melody of Scar
August 2nd, 2005, 07:52 PM
This question annoys me to no end. :die:

I always want to say Scar because he didn't kill Nala, as is customary when a new lion takes over the pride. But then again, it could be Disney refusing to kill the future Queen, so it could just as likely be a rogue Sarafina met, fell in love with, and one way or another after they mated he disappeared.

Although, I highly doubt it was Mufasa. Having Simba and Nala related by doing a Scar/Sarafina pairing is enough, but I think parents would flip out if they found out Simba married and had a cub with his step-sister. :eww: :eek:

This Land
August 2nd, 2005, 08:45 PM
yer, i think this thread is gonna go on and on until we get bored of it because there is no real answer with hard evidence :cringe:

unregistered user
September 6th, 2005, 04:44 AM
Family Tree of the pride:

Ahadi & Reyna met and had Mufasa and Taka.

Mufasa met Sarabi and they became parents to be.

Taka tried to be with Sarafina. But she did not allow it.

Mufasa tried to be with her but she wouldn't except either.

After thought Sarafina allowed one of the lions to be her mate.

Viola! Mufasa + Sarafina = Nala. Sarabi was disgruntled. She bit Sarafina near the neck.

Sombolia
September 6th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Marimbawizard
Ahadi & Reyna met and had Mufasa and Taka.

Um, no, they didn't. Mufasa and Scar's mother is named Uru.

unregistered user
September 23rd, 2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Sombolia
Um, no, they didn't. Mufasa and Scar's mother is named Uru.

Sorry my bad. I never thought the had given her a name and in my fanfic (I'm still writing it) that is her name.

DarkPaw
October 4th, 2005, 09:50 PM
About Mufasa being Nala's father and just liking Sarabi more-that makes sense. There's a favorite lioness in the pride, and along with favoritsm, Mufasa was just doing a duty.

"Mufasa, your wife's having a boy!"
"Really good, gotta' go!"
"Go where, honey?"
"Ummm, 'pick out' a queen? Sarafina? Can I speak to you privately?"

DarkPaw
October 4th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by This land
it gives you a strong idea and perspective on whos nala's father is.
Why does scar want to kill simba and not nala? Nala as future queen could pose a threat to scrars plans, so why does he not kill nala aswell???

Yeah, but you can control a female lioness, but I male's dominance will be a threat. Not trying to be sexist, but seriously, that's how it works. I mean, lionesses will allow males that over-take their pride kill their cubs and then mate right away. Not that they choose to, that's nature's way!

nathalie
October 4th, 2005, 09:58 PM
People ask too many questions with "just" an animated movie.

Don't get that "just" wrong ;)

I mean, they maybe have a background story for each character *or* they simply didn't thought, that people would actually start to wonder about all these things *lol*

Lucy Lioness
October 4th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Nala is a device of the plot!! She is there to move the plot forward and to create a love interest, nothing deeper than that. :D

Ralli
October 4th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by DarkPaw
Yeah, but you can control a female lioness, but I male's dominance will be a threat. Not trying to be sexist, but seriously, that's how it works. I mean, lionesses will allow males that over-take their pride kill their cubs and then mate right away. Not that they choose to, that's nature's way!

Well, actually, a lion that usurps the previous ruler's "throne" will kill all of that king's cubs- male or female. The reason behind this is pretty iffy, though. It's pretty much a fact that after a lioness's cubs are killed, she'll go back into oestrus (sp?) so that she can mate again...but I'm not one hundred percent positive.

I think it's generally accepted that the new lion kills the previous male's cubs so that his bloodline is wiped out and makes way for the new dominant lions' kids- "survival of the fittest", as I've heard it put. Which I don't think really suits it, since it doesn't matter how fit the cubs are if they're getting murdered by an adult. Probably because if their father was too weak to fend off the new lion, it may mean that his offspring are weak, also. Except I read just recently that this may not be true and that there's another explanation...but...I can't remember exactly what it was, I don't know where the book is, and I'm getting off-topic anyway. :uhno:

Anyway, I don't think Scar would've killed Nala had she been the daughter of Mufasa or another lion, as it would've worked out in real life terms. In fact, had Nala been the daughter of a rogue lion, Mufasa would've killed her. But I think we may be getting a little too technical for it.

Though if I had to come up with something of a theory, I think that maybe Scar just didn't see a reason to kill Nala. He probably wouldn't have thought she could pose a threat to him. She couldn't have led a revolt against him: there were too few lionesses help her, and there were too many hyenas roaming the Pridelands to allow her to escape (though she did).

That's just a theory. I don't have any facts to base it on. :browlift:

Amaryllis
October 6th, 2005, 07:10 PM
i agree with Boos in the beginning of this thread, the makers from The Lion King probably had the purpose to make that mystery this way.

Personally i keep believing it is an other lion, because i am kind of disguised by the idea it would be mufasa ore scar, that would make simba and nala sisters ore cousins :eww:

Stellaluna
October 8th, 2005, 02:27 AM
Picture by Dare (http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Dare/?+hi+++):
http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Dare/TheTruth.jpg

I don't like to think neither Mufassa nor Scar is the father. That'd just be wierd.

I just keep telling myself it was another lion who left Sarafina earlier, before the film took place. It's sad, but it makes sense.

lion_roog
October 8th, 2005, 03:56 AM
My prediction is that Sarafina left another pride and was accepted by Mufasa's Pride while she was pregnant...:cheese:

Katiti Malaika
February 21st, 2006, 04:25 PM
I have three opinnions:
It's Ugas from CoTPL
It's TSG's Shisazen
OR JUST SOME ROGUE LION!!
I really feel sick thinking that Mufasa was her father, cause in that case Simba and Nala were stepsister and brother. And stil if it would have been Scar, they would have been cousins *and how much does Nala look either Mufasa or Scar?*
So I personally really want to believe, that it was some rogue lion. Period.

Nephilim
February 21st, 2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Katiti Malaika
I have three opinnions:
It's Ugas from CoTPL
It's TSG's Shisazen
OR JUST SOME ROGUE LION!!
I really feel sick thinking that Mufasa was her father, cause in that case Simba and Nala were stepsister and brother. And stil if it would have been Scar, they would have been cousins *and how much does Nala look either Mufasa or Scar?*
So I personally really want to believe, that it was some rogue lion. Period.

Um, no. That would make Simba and Nala half-siblings, not step-siblings. Step-siblings have no blood relation what-so-ever. Also, Mufasa and Scar look nothing alike and are siblings, so the same could happen from parent to child.

:evilgrin:

Edit: Oh yah, welcome to the forum. :hugs:

Krypto
February 21st, 2006, 09:39 PM
I've not yet read through all fourteen pages, but I saw posted on another Lion King forum (SP) that Brian Tieman (I think it was him) went to a special meeting where he actually asked the people who created the Lion King this exact question. If memory serves me, they said that it was Mufasa. I apologize if someone has already brought this up. If not... well... now you know. :lol:

Dare
February 21st, 2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Krypto
I've not yet read through all fourteen pages, but I saw posted on another Lion King forum (SP) that Brian Tieman (I think it was him) went to a special meeting where he actually asked the people who created the Lion King this exact question. If memory serves me, they said that it was Mufasa. I apologize if someone has already brought this up. If not... well... now you know. :lol:

You talking about this?

yoinked from here (http://www.lionking.org/faq.html#father)

On June 14, 2004, the creators of The Lion King gathered in Glendale, CA, for a Tenth Anniversary Panel discussion, where Brian Tiemann asked directors Rob Minkoff and Roger Allers point-blank the answer to the foregoing question. Minkoff's immediate response was "Roger [Allers]"; but after further discussion, both directors acknowledged that Nala's father, while still not known definitively, was either Scar or Mufasa.

That be what Xinithian was talkin' about a few pages back (page 12 or so).
Took me a while to get through all the pages...I have the attention span of a 5 year- Oooo! A puppy!
*chases*

Simbaspirit
February 21st, 2006, 11:54 PM
yeah, :eww: incest

starlioness
February 22nd, 2006, 01:31 AM
still saying divine intervention ;):ayecapn:

Krypto
February 22nd, 2006, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Wicked
You talking about this?

I did some searching and actually found the thing which I was talking about! :cheese: Here is it: http://zazu.lionking.org/getmsg.cgi?138+06+04+7421+7797

Even if you don't care about who Nala's father is, this is a good read for any Lion King fan. Upon reading it, I felt really good. It took me back and reminded me of the feelings which I held for the Lion King when I first discovered the Lion King's online family. :D

Nephilim
February 22nd, 2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Simbaspirit
yeah, :eww: incest

Incest: the game the whole family can play!?

nathalie
February 22nd, 2006, 05:45 PM
Hahaha, Neph :lol:

Krypto
February 22nd, 2006, 09:21 PM
Eww... :yuck: :lol:

I went back and read through that thing that I posted and it did it again: made me feel all tingly! :lol: Did anybody else read through it? There's something about the last line of the post that gets me. =)

Sombolia
February 22nd, 2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Incest: the game the whole family can play!?

*loves*

Aha, the only thing I see wrong with incest the possible birth defects that can come from it. Then again, I am weird.

Nephilim
February 23rd, 2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Sombolia
*loves*

Aha, the only thing I see wrong with incest the possible birth defects that can come from it. Then again, I am weird.

Well, of course there are some problems outside of defects, such as control issues and potential paedophilia, but nothing that couldn't exist in a "normal" relationship; all other problems (i.e., people finding out) are caused by others and-- uhh, okay, I'm very off-topic, but generally I agree with what you've said.

*ducks*

LoneStar
March 1st, 2006, 04:32 PM
Does anyone actually know who Nala's Dad is? Iv heard from more than one person who believe it is Scar, which i refuse to believe as it would mean Kovu and Simba would be related and, forget it i dont really want to go in to it. Anyway, has Disney said or does anyone know who Nala's Dad is?

(This actually kept me awake for about half an hour last night as i tried to work this one out.)

TakaTiger
March 1st, 2006, 04:36 PM
i wonder how many of these threads are gonna be made... there has to be some kind of record o.o

Neola
March 1st, 2006, 04:37 PM
Yeah, isn't this the same?
http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1453

LoneStar
March 1st, 2006, 04:38 PM
I did a quick check of the Topics i could see, and i couldnt see that, yes im lazy but then again isnt everyone?

Neola
March 1st, 2006, 04:41 PM
You could have found this thread on the first page...
Now that's what I call lazy:D

LoneStar
March 1st, 2006, 04:42 PM
Note i said Quick check :P and sorry for reposting it D:

TakaTiger
March 1st, 2006, 04:42 PM
the search button... how can you live without it?

Neola
March 1st, 2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by LoneStar
Note i said Quick check :P and sorry for reposting it D:
So "quick check" means topics 1-3 ?:p

LoneStar
March 1st, 2006, 05:02 PM
oh i live off the quick reply button.

HasiraKali
March 1st, 2006, 05:20 PM
Guys, guys calm down. :lol: It's ok. The mod types will take care of it. :)

Edit: See, Nath is already here. :D

nathalie
March 1st, 2006, 05:22 PM
Oh, ok ... So because of you being lazy, I have to spend my time looking for the other thread.

Nice ... -not-

Katse
March 1st, 2006, 07:53 PM
Does anyone actually know who Nala's Dad is? Iv heard from more than one person who believe it is Scar, which i refuse to believe as it would mean Kovu and Simba would be related and, forget it i dont really want to go in to it. Anyway, has Disney said or does anyone know who Nala's Dad is?

(This actually kept me awake for about half an hour last night as i tried to work this one out.)

Now that the threads are merged...

First off, Kovu has no relation to Scar whatsoever, so it wouldn't matter either way.

Second, that was the whole point of this thread. According to TLK's directors, it's either Scar or Mufasa that is Nala's father. However, taken into the hands of fans, there are many theories on who it could be.

Since I'm so nit-picky on being accurate with canon in my theories, I'd go with Scar. I know there are others who don't think so, but it's my opinion and I have my theories on why (just too lazy to type them out).;)

LoneStar
March 1st, 2006, 08:21 PM
If Scar Was Nala's father then that would mean Simba and Nala would be cousins. Worse still if Mufasa, one word comes to mind then, inbreds, ill say in advance sorry if this post offends anyone.

Nephilim
March 1st, 2006, 08:30 PM
If Scar Was Nala's father then that would mean Simba and Nala would be cousins. Worse still if Mufasa, one word comes to mind then, inbreds, ill say in advance sorry if this post offends anyone.

Meh, cousin/cousin relationships are no big deal in a lot of cultures and countries. *shrugs*

Katse
March 1st, 2006, 09:34 PM
Meh, cousin/cousin relationships are no big deal in a lot of cultures and countries. *shrugs*

Nor are they in many animal societies.:bleen: Even if it is Disney.

LoneStar
March 1st, 2006, 09:35 PM
lol katse love your avvie, meh idk, iv never known anyone to have a cousin/cousin relationship. Id much rather accept Scar as Nala's father than Mufasa

Sombolia
March 2nd, 2006, 12:51 AM
meh idk, iv never known anyone to have a cousin/cousin relationship. Id much rather accept Scar as Nala's father than Mufasa

.... Which would make it a cousin/cousin relationship, er.

Ashara
March 2nd, 2006, 02:29 AM
I was skimming around TLKFAA, and a random idea popped in my head. What if Nala's dad was MEGA?! Sure, he was from TLK6NA, but did anyone else see the resemblance?

LoneStar
March 2nd, 2006, 07:14 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sombolia
.... Which would make it a cousin/cousin relationship, er. [/QUOTE

I know it would but id much rather believe that, then a brother/sister one. :eww: :cringe:

HasiraKali
March 2nd, 2006, 06:03 PM
A lot of animals also have some sort of sense so that they won't mate with very close relatives (brothers. sisters, mothers, fathers). Cousin/cousin matings are pretty common in nature though.

Whitewolf
March 2nd, 2006, 06:39 PM
....that's funny if they are related ... cause i thought Inbreeding is suppose to cause

If practiced repeatedly, it typically leads to a reduction in genetic diversity. Inbreeding often leads to reduced health and fitness (called consanguinity depression, inbreeding depression); however, livestock breeders often practice inbreeding, then cull unfit offspring, especially when they are trying to establish a new and desirable trait in their stock.

An inbred individual is likely to possess several physical and health defects, in addition to higher incidence of inheriting a poor trait. They include:

* reduced fertility both in litter size and in sperm viability
* increased congenital disorders
* fluctuating facial asymmetry
* lower birth rate
* higher infant mortality
* slower growth rate
* smaller adult size
* loss of immune system function.

....well maybe that is why Scar ..aka Taka is so werid and why Sarafina and sarabi only had 1 cub each

anyways back on topic

I thought Nala father was a rogue ........:confused:

Nephilim
March 2nd, 2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Whitewolf

....well maybe that is why Scar ..aka Taka is so werid and why Sarafina and sarabi only had 1 cub each

:lol: Plotbunnies! I really want to write a fic where Ura (that's her name, right?) has a thing with her brother. Haha!

But in all seriousness, it could be quite interesting.

Whitewolf
March 2nd, 2006, 10:01 PM
:lol: Plotbunnies! I really want to write a fic where Ura (that's her name, right?) has a thing with her brother. Haha!

But in all seriousness, it could be quite interesting.

but it true

Ashara
March 3rd, 2006, 03:13 AM
:I really want to write a fic where Ura (that's her name, right?) has a thing with her brother. Haha!

Uru? If you're talking about Taka and Mufasa's mom. That would be a cool fic, though! :evilgrin:

Nephilim
March 4th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Ashara
Uru? If you're talking about Taka and Mufasa's mom. That would be a cool fic, though! :evilgrin:

Ahhh, Uru it is then... cheers. :evilgrin:

Roku
March 8th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Okay...I'll admit it. I'm Nala's father.

As Terk says in Tarzan "You see...It's a long....it's involved, ....because what happened was...it was a weird..."

Dyani
March 20th, 2006, 09:15 PM
LOL Roku! :p

Well I would go by the CotP explaination.. Its a seriously wicked fanfiction! XD

Shadow
March 20th, 2006, 09:30 PM
this is still going on? 0.o oh god!

xP