PDA

View Full Version : Spirited Away

Cerise
July 27th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Man, I noticed all the different Disney voices in this movie.

Kovu and Haku
Meg from Hercules and Lin
Zira and Yubaba
Lilo and Chihiro

A lot of the same voices.

Okay, I just wanted to point that out.

unregistered user
July 27th, 2004, 07:51 PM
wow, never noticed that before....:confused:

Nice observation!:cool:

unregistered user
July 27th, 2004, 08:41 PM
I've never seen that movie, don't want to either. If your talking about Kovu's adult voice though; that's no surprise. He's in several different animated movies. As for Meg, Zira, and Lilo... kinda surprised me O.o

Dare
July 27th, 2004, 09:11 PM
I've never watched the dubbed version, so I wouldn't know. For me, anime just doesn't feel right unless it's in its native language. ;)

Mushroom
July 27th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Never seen spirited away, I've heard it's good though, what do you guys think?

unregistered user
July 27th, 2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Wicked
I've never watched the dubbed version, so I wouldn't know. For me, anime just doesn't feel right unless it's in its native language. ;)

I couldn't agree more....:evilgrin:

I hate lame English dubbing anyway, just give me the good ol' Japanese voices/English subtitles combo! :ayecapn:

kcnmttcnn
July 27th, 2004, 10:12 PM
my sister... loves this movie. she got the dvd and watched all of those bonus feature thingies and well.. she told me that the cast are people from other disney movies according to all those interview things =P
i thought the movie was ok. kinda creepy a bit some parts.

CheshireCat
July 27th, 2004, 10:16 PM
One of my favorite animated movies of all time.

You know the girl who plays Simara in the Ring is the voice of Lilo?

starlioness
July 27th, 2004, 10:17 PM
wee! Spirited Away me likey! :ayecapn: the dragon scenes are great. though I have to admit Chihiro was a little annoying at times.*sigh*. It was cool that Susan did the voice of Lin. I missed having another "Meg" character in animation. my favorite line of hers when No-face was swimming to meet Chihiro(sp?) on the train tracks. " No-face! you touch one hair on that girl and you're in BIG TROUBLE! :lol:oh, so Meg ;). ;)

meh, I'll finish this later.. but it was cool seeing Zira have a split personality Yubaba/Zeniba ;) ( o.k Yubaba had a twin sister but you get the idea :p)

heh, I missed this quote when I first watched S.A but this is when No-face swallows the bath people and is really big. I don't know if this is a name or character title but from IMDB... Aogaeru:"welcome the rich man ! he's hard for you to miss! his butt keeps getting bigger , so there's plenty there to kiss!" :p

speaking of No-face.. it was a bit scary with him swallowing all those people . and making such a mess a after Chirhiro gave him the medicine from the river spirit. though it was cool he threw up on Yubaba *snickers*.

even the baby was a bit creepy. but he turned out o.k in the end. ( he was voiced by Tara Strong : Melody from Little Mermaid II)

oh yeah, I forgot . Kamaji was voiced by David Odgen Steirs ( Jumbaa, Cogsworth , Ratcliffe , etc) and Aogaeru was voiced by the guy who did Ham in toy story.. ( I forget the name ... *blush*)

final quotes,

Chihiro : Daddy, are we lost ?
Dad: relax, I have 4-wheel drive

Lin: *fake smile* It's the Radish Spirit!!

and we can't forget Roasted Newt! yummy!

:slimey:

and those cute little soot ball thingys ! I wan't one! :emo:

though I felt sorry for the slug that was inside Haku.. Chihiro smashed the poor thing :( though it was evil anyway.

and is Lin a human? she seemed surprised that Chihiro was there ..

heh, spoiled the whole movie now.

unregistered user
July 27th, 2004, 10:23 PM
That movie rocks! Wow, your right Cerise never noticed that until now! I thought Haku's voice sounded familuar though! LOL

unregistered user
July 27th, 2004, 10:39 PM
I think Susan Egan has an awesome voice, great actress when it comes to her voice. She was my favorite part of Hercules ^^ Oh! I need to add her to that 'favorite disney singer' list ;)

Hmm.. dang.. I don't like Anime but with a voice cast like that =/ I may just have to watch it.

Ngatuny
July 28th, 2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Nuka
I think Susan Egan has an awesome voice, great actress when it comes to her voice. She was my favorite part of Hercules ^^ Oh! I need to add her to that 'favorite disney singer' list ;)

Hmm.. dang.. I don't like Anime but with a voice cast like that =/ I may just have to watch it.

I'm not much of a Anime fan myself but the movie is definitively worth watching!:evilgrin:

unregistered user
July 28th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Never seen it.:(...I'll see if i can find it tho...sounds very good :cheese:

Simba_TLK
July 28th, 2004, 05:41 AM
i noticed that too ;).....well the TLK voices anyway :p

ive only seen parts of Spirited Away :confused:, my sister has it on DVD, its not really my kind of movie, so thus i havent seen it yet :evilgrin: :lol:

unregistered user
July 28th, 2004, 08:50 AM
i watched in japanese with english subs too, the dubs just dont work for me

Ruska
July 28th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Cerise
Man, I noticed all the different Disney voices in this movie.

Kovu and Haku
Meg from Hercules and Lin
Zira and Yubaba
Lilo and Chihiro

A lot of the same voices.

Okay, I just wanted to point that out.

Dubbed anime...EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. :yuck:

meowroger
July 29th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Hi, do u like "Inuyasha"?
(QUIz from China)

unregistered user
July 29th, 2004, 07:54 AM
yep Inuyasha PWNS, strange anime but very cool

Kiara Serengeti
January 16th, 2007, 05:27 AM
I didn't understand most of 'Spirited Away' and missed several beginning scenes, but from the scenes I did see-most of the middle and to the end--it was really amazing. It didn't really have a focused plot, besides the girl remembering her name, but it was one of those really good movies. It was kind of like a journey--no ultimate goal in the end, but just trying to get through. I really got into it, and enjoyed it! It is just so UNUSUAL and weird, and pretty thought-provoking from time to time. It's kind of like a freaky dream. :)

On a 1-10 scale? 8 1\2! It's really good, but is not what I'm used to. You really have to be in the mood to watch it and get into it, and the baby creeped me out.

But overall, BRILLIANT...and I usually don't like anime.
:hakuna:

Shadow
January 16th, 2007, 06:09 AM
wouldent know sense iv only seen the original japanise one...

but they say that the deractor of that movie is like japanise version of walt disny" witch he hates btw xP"

socre of my info Kanu x3

Nephilim
January 16th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by shadow
but they say that the deractor of that movie is like japanise version of walt disny" witch he hates btw xP"

Mm. Also, Disney release those films over here.

Shadow
January 16th, 2007, 10:27 AM
hey i just read on the cover ^^

Anyango
January 18th, 2007, 10:00 PM
I loved Spirited Away! :D I only knew a few of those voices were in it. That's so cool! Thanks for sharing the info!