PDA

View Full Version : [Activity] May 2014

Guntur
May 2nd, 2014, 07:01 PM
Alright, I'm going to start this again since 2009.

What's your plan on May this year? Do you have a big plan this month? Share it with us.

I have nothing at the moment except for my big holiday to the beach in North of Peninsula Malaysia.

HasiraKali
May 3rd, 2014, 04:14 AM
I have a doctor's appointment next week, beluga interaction program from my sister on the 11th, my friend's bachelorette party on the 17th, and a countdown to the end of school. May's kind of busy at school too. Lots of little events going on.

nathalie
May 3rd, 2014, 07:23 AM
Got a concert tonight.
Miley Cyrus her concert tomorrow got cancelled.

Going to Holland today.
And that's it for this month.

Azerane
May 3rd, 2014, 08:39 AM
May so far:

-Picked up my awesome new camera lens yesterday (which i only had time to unbox today)
-Went to a Ball Park Music concert <3
-Next week is stock-take at work... I think I want to die already, lol.
-Seeing "Healing" next week (an Australian movie about inmates rehabiliting birds of prey)
-Following all that, nothing but a couple of usual meetings and things. Definitely some serious bird photography in there somewhere anytime the sun is shining though :p

Guntur
May 3rd, 2014, 09:55 AM
Definitely some serious bird photography in there somewhere anytime the sun is shining though :p

Hmm, just show us your big library Azerane, I would love to see it.

ThiagoPE
May 3rd, 2014, 10:32 AM
the only two things im set to do this month is to go to the frist furmet of Recife today, and go see and take photo with the world cup trophy in friday 23. I plan to go see some new movies in cinemas, and I want to go to visit Natal (a city 280km far from here) yet before the world cup.

Kirauni
May 3rd, 2014, 10:42 AM
I'd also like to see some photos, Azerane :)

As for me... I'm waiting for my husband to come back from his trip to Namibia and next weekend we are going to visit his family. My sister in law that lives in Australia now is going to visit us for a few weeks. Yay! :)
And that's all for May.

KanuTGL
May 3rd, 2014, 10:59 AM
On Monday I'm going back to uni again, after seven weeks at my internship, to kick started the "final sprint" before summer. It's gonna be a lot of hard work I fear, haha.

I'm also, apparently, going to sort out some possibly life-changing thoughts that have been niggling on my mind for the last few months. Oh, boy. More on that later I suppose, depending on the outcome...

Nit
May 3rd, 2014, 11:45 AM
Matura (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matura) exams mostly... and learning for technikum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technikum_%28Poland%29)'s final exams.

cleargreenwater
May 3rd, 2014, 12:36 PM
What a cool thread, I love seeing what everyone's got on the planner & keeping up with each other's RL lives.

My May is busy but not particularly exciting. Tomorrow I'm going salt water fishing with some people, Wednesday there may or may not be a free talk at the library on Spring garden starting. Next Saturday its a trails maintenance shift, then the next day is Mother's Day, I have no idea what I'm going to do for that except go out to eat, that's a given. The rest of the day, idk. And then one of these weekends, I guess the one after next, I want to get down to Popcorn Park Zoo--it's a Humane Society zoo for confiscated and injured/non-rehab-able animals--because the turtles I sponsor must be awake from hibernation by now. I need to see/visit box turtles, need. I can't take my mother there though because some of the animals are handicapped and it upsets her. Yeah, it's hard to see a deer with 3 legs, but I'm happy for them that they have a permanent home and lifelong care. I have another park system thing on the 17th though, so I dunno when I'm gonna get to the zoo exactly.

So, basically nothing huge going on, just keeping busy.

nathalie
May 3rd, 2014, 12:53 PM
What a cool thread, I love seeing what everyone's got on the planner & keeping up with each other's RL lives.

Really?

It's making me realize how darn boring my life is, lol.

cleargreenwater
May 3rd, 2014, 01:02 PM
Really?

It's making me realize how darn boring my life is, lol.

And see, I'm just happy to know where it is that everyone disappears to when they're not here, LOL!

nathalie
May 3rd, 2014, 01:07 PM
I've dissapeared because meds & work [equels] horrible combination of being tired and exhausted (+ housework, making food, clean, etc etc)
That's why I'm not on here much anymore.
I'm at my folks today, so I got a bit of time extra for once.

Guntur
May 3rd, 2014, 01:42 PM
I'd also like to see some photos, Azerane :)

Apparently she already post it in Photography Thread. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater

Same here, I just love to hear what's your activity in this coming month, I know few people are excited on upcoming concert and plans!

nathalie
May 3rd, 2014, 01:53 PM
my concert got cancelled, and I can't go on her new date, I am not exhited at all this month anymore :tears:

I am exhited for 2 days off at the end of May though (but I'll be bored, so not really exhited I guess), one of out national holidays, guess I forgot to mention that in my first post, it's a big deal for me, I can go without my meds for 4 days in a row *yay*

Guntur
May 3rd, 2014, 02:02 PM
my concert got cancelled, and I can't go on her new date, I am not exhited at all this month anymore :tears:

That is just sucks to hear, My concert got cancelled by the cops and army reserved and I was there in the festival courtyard. >.<

Yes it's better earn an off day, sometime work can be tiring as F.

Kirauni
May 3rd, 2014, 02:20 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Nathalie. Still I hope you'll have some nice days off. And it's great to hear you can go without meds for a few days now. Yay!
As for a boring life... I kind of envy you for going to concerts. (even if it has been cancelled now). I've never been to a real concert yet. But maybe someday.

nathalie
May 3rd, 2014, 02:26 PM
Had been waiting for 5 years for tomorrow to come.
I'm trying to get to cologne know, its only 1h20 drive for us, but my dad only knows a week in advance if he needs to work or not.

And the only reason I can be without meds then, is because I'm staying home for 4 days. Already told my boyfriend I ain't going anywhere during those days.

I envie everyone else's life ;)

Guntur
May 3rd, 2014, 03:39 PM
As for a boring life... I kind of envy you for going to concerts. (even if it has been cancelled now). I've never been to a real concert yet. But maybe someday.

I've been into a lot of local festival with International artists and local artists, the place is relax and full of mud, which is unacceptable. :lol:

But I've been to a million gigs and shows here in the capital city, it is fun to chat with the artists and talk about their performance.

Kirauni
May 3rd, 2014, 08:33 PM
Apparently she already post it in Photography Thread. :lol:

Whoops.. I didn't know that. I'll have to check it out later. :scarslipped:
I'm also an animal photographer... or at least I used to be. Nowadays I don't have much oportunities to take some photos. That's mostly what my husband does when we visit a zoo or go for a walk. I'll look after my little one then. But that's also okay.

Nathalie, why has the concert been cancelled? Do you know it?
Anyways, good luck! I hope your dad will have the time so you can visit the concert in Cologne.

I envie everyone else's life ;)

Hah, I guess that one of thos "the grass is always greener on the other side"-things, right? But at least everyone has something to look forward to. Even it's a very small thing. That's great!

nathalie
May 3rd, 2014, 09:08 PM
Some stories say it's because of her taking drugs, her official site said she was already sick (cancelled 2 US dates) did a few more shows, and got sick again, allergic reaction to the medication, and the rest of the US tour got cancelled. Her site said the Europe dates were not in danger.
Wednesday evening they annouce the first 2 Europe dates are cancelled, which was Antwerp and Amsterdam, because she was still sick.
Her Europe tour now starts May 6th in London.

I have been lucky enough to have seen her before 5 years ago, but apart from her new attitude her music still means a lot to me :)

She didn't cancel everything for real, every date she couldn't do, has been re-scheduled.
It's not her fault she got sick off course, and that I can't make it on that date, I'm just very upset about it. *feels like a little kid again* haha

Sharifu
May 3rd, 2014, 09:35 PM
Well on the 1st of May, Petteri and I celebrated my birthday, well a few days late, but that was Petteri's next day off after my birthday. We went to the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco. I got a membership, which I am excited about. It was worth the price, basically if you go with one other person, and go at least go twice a year, the membership pays for itself. (As a member I can always bring one guest for free) The museum has so much to see you basically need to go twice to see everything. And that museum has events that go on through out the year, with special guests, new exhibits, and monthly films, even if they are older Disney films, I think it will be neat to have the chance to see them in their theater. I am planning to see Sleeping Beauty this month and Peter Pan next month. I look forward to see Bambi there. I think Bambi is probably my favorite Disney film that was made while Walt was still alive. Members get to see the monthly film for free. So I am really looking forward to being able to go any time really. We also went to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner.

Today, well I think I am going to start applying for jobs. Sometimes I feel guilty leaving my last job since money is so tight right now, but I was so unhappy there. I just hope whatever job I get that it will be better then my last job.

On May 23, I will be driving up to Oregon after class to visit my mom for Memorial weekend. Since we wont have class on Monday because of the holiday, and I normally don't have class on Tuesday, I can spend 3 full days there. (Not including the days driving) Then when I drive back down my mom will come with me and we can visit my aunt and she can spend some more time with me. She'll probably be here for around a week. We're not sure yet how many days exactly, she's thinking about it. She is excited about the idea of going to the Walt Disney Museum, so I will be taking her there. :)

Dare
May 4th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Hmm, let's see...do I have an plans for anything this month?
:thinks:

Eh, not much.
Next weekend, I'm supposed to attend this thing called Lightscapes (http://www.hudsonvalley.org/events/lightscapes). I recently went to their "Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze" and it was breathtaking, so I think Lightscapes will be just as visually impressive, even if I'm not into flowers and fairies. I hope to get some good photos and/or video.

The weekend after that, we're having a big party for my uncle. He's turning 85 and we have cousins flying in from all over the place, even from Europe and Asia, so I imagine that a good amount of them will be crashing at my house (which means I have to start cleaning, joy). Should be a fun time and it will be good to see the cousins again, and as a bonus I'll get to practice my German and Japanese...and I have an excuse to bake. A lot. CUPCAKES FOR ALL!
:rafikirockon:

Other than that, all signs portend that May will be a boring month.
I have some online loose ends I'm aiming to tie up, but it's hardly plans...more like...a never-ending goal that will happen when it happens.
;)

I want to get down to Popcorn Park Zoo--it's a Humane Society zoo for confiscated and injured/non-rehab-able animals--because the turtles I sponsor must be awake from hibernation by now.

Ooooo, I think I know that place - is that where they let you feed popcorn to the animals?
I remember going somewhere that let me feed popcorn to bears...I got a real kick of watching them gently picking up the popcorn with their claws and eating it. So dainty! XD

Lweek
May 4th, 2014, 08:49 PM
May you say? 23rd is my name's day. It is something that is not very common in USA but we attached all common names to days in calendar and we celebrate it like small birthday. 27th I'm going to attend Canon ZOOm event in Prague Zoo. It's annual event where you can try out all Canon professional photography equipment and join contest. Otherwise I have no other events in my calendar. Just worky worky work ... I'm working for two companies at the moment. I need money and I'm undecided which company I will stay with. I'm quite loner these days so nobody argue, nobody missing me. :P I could use money for travel later this year.

Kirauni
May 4th, 2014, 09:09 PM
[...]I'm going to attend Canon ZOOm event in Prague Zoo. It's annual event where you can try out all Canon professional photography equipment and join contest..[...]

Whow! That sounds like a lot of fun.. I whish there was something like that over here, too. My husband and I would love it :zazurockon:
Please let me know how that event was.

Guntur
May 5th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Whow! That sounds like a lot of fun.. I whish there was something like that over here, too. My husband and I would love it :zazurockon:
Please let me know how that event was.

As Kirauni says, I would love to hear the detail, Lweek.

King Simba
May 5th, 2014, 10:03 AM
My biggest plan this month... going to see Leor again on the 16th, just in time for my Birthday on the 17th! :D

It'll be the first time we spend my Birthday together too, so that makes it extra special. :) I sure hope he has some good gifts for me. :lol:

Azerane
May 5th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Yes I have in the past posted a couple of photos, but not much. Really looking forward to seeing how this lens goes. I get to try it out for the first time tomorrow, super excited :D

I sure hope he has some good gifts for me. :lol:

:lol: No pressure Leor ;)

nathalie
May 5th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Miley Cyrus May 26th in Germany *yay*

Guntur
May 5th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Miley Cyrus May 26th in Germany *yay*

Good to hear that, Congratulations since you managed to go to her concert on the same month.

nathalie
May 5th, 2014, 03:42 PM
I had to pull so many strings to pull that off, haha, I'm so happy *bounces*

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2014, 12:45 AM
May so far:

-Picked up my awesome new camera lens yesterday (which i only had time to unbox today)

And what lens would this be? I love new toys.

Leorgathar
May 6th, 2014, 03:15 AM
My biggest plan this month... going to see Leor again on the 16th, just in time for my Birthday on the 17th! :D

It'll be the first time we spend my Birthday together too, so that makes it extra special. :) I sure hope he has some good gifts for me. :lol:
Yep, that's our big plan for May :D We're also going to do some hiking in the forest and canyons of the mountain range here. I reserved a cabin in the woods for us ^^

:lol: No pressure Leor ;)

At least I got that part covered :lol: