PDA

View Full Version : Father of the Pride

SimbaLKD
July 20th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Just saw an advert on the telly for a new cartoon series on NBC called "Father of the Pride".

What Is It?: "Father of the Pride" is a new family comedy series that centers on a pride of white lions that perform in the world-famous Las Vegas act of Siegfried & Roy that will debut in the fall of 2004. It is the first computer-generated-imaging (CGI) primetime series for a major broadcast network.

Who's In The Cast?: John Goodman (?Roseanne,?) Orlando Jones (?Magnolia,?) Emmy winner Carl Reiner (?The Dick Van Dyke Show?) and Cheryl Hines (?Curb Your Enthusiasm?) star in "Father of the Pride."

Goodman will play Larry, a hard-working white lion in the revue while Hines will portray his wife Kate, a white lioness. Reiner will be Sarmoti, another white lion who is Kate?s father, who clashes with Larry on every subject imaginable. Jones? character is Snack, a mischievous gopher and Larry?s best friend.

Siegfried and Roy? Really?: CGI versions of Siegfried & Roy will also be featured in the series. The popular duo?s current Las Vegas production is the longest-running and most-famous act on or near the Strip, and each show has sold out during an 11-year run. The world-renowned spectacle is filled with elaborate sets, costumes, eye-popping illusions and a cast of live exotic animals.

Who Created It?: NBC and DreamWorks Television.

What's The Big Deal?: Goodman, Jones, Reiner and Hines will lend their talents to the half-hour series that will incorporate much of the cheeky, edgy and ironic humor that proved so popular in the DreamWorks smash hit ?Shrek.? Plus, it's the most expensive animated show ever made.

Image:
http://kingofpriderock.com/SimbaLKD/lea-halalela/images/fotp.gif

hmmm.. I dunno!! lol

unregistered user
July 20th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Hope it will come out in Sweden..looks like something to look at when your lazying infront of the TV :E

kcnmttcnn
July 20th, 2004, 08:26 AM
mmmm..... don't think i'll see it...... maybe.. if i land on it while flipping through channels someday..

Simba_TLK
July 20th, 2004, 08:31 AM
looking interesting :cheese:
if it ever comes to Aus, i will definately take a look :p
whether or not i will like it is another question, we will just have to wait and see ;) :lol:

unregistered user
July 20th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Interesting! Yet disgusting all at the same time.
;)

Mabatu
July 20th, 2004, 09:09 AM
:hmm::hmm::hmm:

I'm interested in seeing what that is like. I'll watch it if it ever comes out here. I think it doesn't look all that good, but obviously i can't be sure what its like until i see it :p

Vidan
July 20th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Hmm. That's a rather odd look for an anthro lion. :gasp: Nevertheless, I'll have to check it out to satiate my curiosity.

Xinithian
July 20th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Oh... I thought they meant CG as in more realistic. I thought it would also be a more serious show until I saw the cast...

Ngatuny
July 20th, 2004, 05:58 PM
I will check it out, after all J. Goodman is good as a voice actor and it could be funny.

Zala
January 13th, 2005, 04:43 PM
:cheese: Hey guys, I've been gone for many months, and kinda forgotten about this great forum. It was only when I wanted to talk about some lion related stuff did I remember Lea Halalela. Took me a long time to find this site, since I lost the original favorite link as this is a new computer. Nice to be back. Might not post that often though, will just be hanging around. =D

Anyway, I'm sure some of you have heard about this Dreamworks Animated Series called Father of the Pride. In short, it's about this family of white lions that perform in Siegfried and Roy's Magic Show and their lives.

I just fell in love with it after watching the first episode, and subsequently watched the rest, till episode 11. The animals, especially the lions, are so well animated and voiced, it's a pleasure to watch them anytime. It's adult in nature, but not overly so and I feel teenagers and older folk shouldn't have any problems with the sometimes crude jokes.
It's hilarious too, at certain parts. My favourite is the Catnip one, Episode 3. You have to watch it to see how funny it is.

:mad: :vitgrr: However, NBC has decided to stop airing show, which is such a pity! That was my favorite show on TV. :tears:

I've made some animations using content from the show, would love some feedback. Plan to make more after my exams are over, in about 2 weeks time.

Will post some animated smileys I made later on. They will be small in size, unlike the ones below.

Cute hunter(white lion cub pleading on father's belly)(556kb):

http://www.angelfire.com/fang/fotp_animations/hunter_cute_big.gif

An animation I made to tease a friend of mine(2.97mb):

http://www.angelfire.com/fang/fotp_animations/hunter_pounce_spoof_bh.gif

The beautiful white tigress, Victoria, giving a hug(1.51mb):

http://www.angelfire.com/fang/fotp_animations/victoria_hug.gif

King Simba
January 13th, 2005, 04:52 PM
None of the animations work for me... :(

TakaTiger
January 13th, 2005, 04:53 PM
aye, i miss that show, watched it every tuesday <sniff sniff> i hope a DVD comes out

King Simba
January 13th, 2005, 04:54 PM
It's never been put on TV yet...at least up to now.

MehndiX
January 13th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by TakaTiger
aye, i miss that show, watched it every tuesday <sniff sniff> i hope a DVD comes out

;) Supposedly there will be

http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00002832.html

Khaki
January 13th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Oh man I loved that show! I was so upset when i found out it was getting cancelled :(

None of those animations work for me... i can never see anything on angelfire :hmm:

TakaTiger
January 13th, 2005, 05:40 PM
awww, all the way in thanksgiving... oh well, at least it is :D

Shatara
January 13th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Angelfire = BAD!!!!

I'm trying to figure out why anyone still uses it >.<

King Simba
January 13th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Angelfire is so crap that it doesn't even allow hotlinking.

King Simba
January 13th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Ah, I can see now. Nice animations and welcome back! :cheese:

LunarCat
January 13th, 2005, 09:24 PM
great animations!!!!:D :cheese:

Sharifu
January 13th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Zala! I remember you!!!! WB!!! :cheese:

Suki
January 13th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
If you left click on one link, then right click the link and copy the URL, then paste the URL into the page you loaded when you left clicked the link, you can view the animations =) ...

My mouse doesn't have that thing....

http://www.johnlewis.com/jl_assets/product/230164944.jpg

Yes, that's my mouse.Evil, is not?

EDIT: Yes, there's a cable attached to it by the way, though you can't see that....

SimbaLKD
January 13th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Bad apple mice!!! BAD!!!!!! :grrr:

I was unable to see them as well.. but thats just my computer.. i cant see animated gifs at all ... and nothing can be done of it :S

Sharifu
January 13th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by SimbaLKD
Bad apple mice!!! BAD!!!!!! :grrr:

:lol: Yeah I get confused when I use my friend's Mac. XD

I've never see Father of the Pride. :(

Zala
January 14th, 2005, 12:15 AM
=) Thanks for the welcome, guys. Hello Sharifu and SimbaTheLion :) And hi to the rest of you too!

Like MehndiX said:
12/14/2004 Archives: "Father Of The Pride comes to DVD"

The DreamWorks Fansite has announced that DreamWorks is unsurprisingly looking to issue a complete Father Of The Pride DVD around Thanksgiving 2005, to be "loaded with features.

Hopefully that is true.

Oh yes, and if I do want to link images, what do you guys suggest?

CheshireCat
January 14th, 2005, 01:12 AM
The animation wasn't so hot. I expected a lot more both animation and story wise from DreamworksSKG.

-_-

Ngatuny
January 14th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Welcome back Zala and I liked the show.=D

Zala
January 14th, 2005, 02:43 AM
Well, I think it's good that's there's even an animated show on lions. Personally, I find the animation pretty good. It's more than I could ask for.
:bleen:

And thanks, Ngatuny, =)

Kovu
January 14th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Zala!!! *pounces* :cheese: :D
It's great to see ya back! You haven't been active for almost a whole year, i thought i was the only SG TLK fan left. :hugs: :p
Well i haven't seen that show, though. :confused:
Anyway, good luck with your exams. :)
And for linking images, i use photobucket (http://photobucket.com/). :bleen: Probably ain't the best around, but it beats Angelfire. :p

Inuchance
January 14th, 2005, 11:16 AM
I only have up to episode 7 of FotP... Anyone know where I can download the rest? :confused:

And, as for the single mouse button, a properly designed interface shouldn't need a right mouse button, but if you still feel you need one, you can either hold ctrl and click, or just go and plug in any other billion-button mouse you have and it'll work fine, and even the scroll-wheel will do what you expect if you have one.

Zala
January 14th, 2005, 11:56 AM
*huggles Kovu* Hellllooo! :) Glad to see you're still up and about. Good to see you again~!

And thanks for your well wishes. =D

As for your question, Inuchance,
download the following files from my link and run them. It contains Episode 1 up to 11.

You need bit torrent software to download the videos. It's free on the net.

www.angelfire.com/fang/fotp_animations/bit_torrent/fatherofthepride_torrent_files.zip

King Simba
January 14th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Zala
=) Thanks for the welcome, guys. Hello Sharifu and SimbaTheLion :) And hi to the rest of you too!

Like MehndiX said:
12/14/2004 Archives: "Father Of The Pride comes to DVD"

The DreamWorks Fansite has announced that DreamWorks is unsurprisingly looking to issue a complete Father Of The Pride DVD around Thanksgiving 2005, to be "loaded with features.

Hopefully that is true.

Oh yes, and if I do want to link images, what do you guys suggest?
Uh...hi and stuff. Have we met or am I too much of a newbie to have met you? :lol: :bleen:

Zala
January 14th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Nope, we haven't met. :) I think I left before you arrived. Hehe..Pleased to meet you.

King Simba
January 14th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Hey there, nice to meet you aswell. =)

Hanshilo
January 14th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Their really cool i might get that when it comes out:bleen:

Inuchance
January 14th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Eep, I wasn't able to download the zip directory because they don't allow hotlinking.

However, I WAS able to send out a modified query that tricks angelfire into thinking I wasn't hotlinked. ;)

Inuchance
January 14th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Eek, and where are my manners? :confused:

Thank you very much! :cheese: :D

nafklt
January 15th, 2005, 01:49 AM
:lol: Welcome back Zala!:cheese: And cool pics!:cool:

Zala
January 15th, 2005, 03:16 AM
You're welcome, Inuchance. And hi there, nafklt! Thanks for the welcome and compliments!

P.S
Inuchance, how did you edit the query? Sounds very useful.

unregistered user
January 15th, 2005, 05:54 AM
Hmm....the show never really grew on me that much...it was ok, but soon got old with it's out-dated animal jokes and plots. Too bad it got pulled though....: /

Inuchance
January 15th, 2005, 08:03 AM
I used wget to download the file, which let me change the HTTP referrer, which is sent in every request to tell the server what page you're coming from. I just set the referrer to a page on angelfire, and it let me download it.

Zala
January 15th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Very very interesting. Learnt something new and useful, thanks =)
I assume you are pretty IT competent, judging from what you know.

Inuchance
January 16th, 2005, 01:46 PM
http://irchance.home.comcast.net/fatherofthepride_torrent_files.zip

Just in case anyone else wants to grab these two while they still work, but're having trouble with the other link~.

Zala
January 16th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Hehe, very nice of you to offer a mirror. Angelfire can be annoying sometimes.

Sadiki
January 18th, 2005, 09:51 AM
wow... torrent files... thanks.. I will load those all ;) actually I have almoust load first 2 now :P

Zala
January 18th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Hehe, no problem, and nice sig, STM! =)

Sadiki
January 18th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Cheers Zala :hugs:
even thought I should change it soon :P

Shadow
January 21st, 2005, 01:32 PM
WHY!!!!

awhrg.....anyhow....abut what it says abut Father of the pride....that the seryies is cancelld....read this...."sights"

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-19738/#crew

Lion King Stu
January 21st, 2005, 01:35 PM
i thought this thing was cancelled for ages now :confused:

Shadow
January 21st, 2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Lion King Stu
i thought this thing was cancelled for ages now :confused:

well maybe but am so damn late Xd.....i cant stand it no more Father of the pride.......

Lion King Stu
January 21st, 2005, 01:58 PM
never watched episode so I don't know what its like...i heard its funny but still i ain't seen it

Ngatuny
January 21st, 2005, 02:22 PM
The DVD of the series has been announced for later this year.:D

Iestyn
January 21st, 2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Lion King Stu
never watched episode so I don't know what its like...i heard its funny but still i ain't seen it
Same here, I never saw it mentioned anywhere :confused:

Shadow
January 21st, 2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Ngatuny
The DVD of the series has been announced for later this year.:D

i know and its just so much must have for me !!!....am obesets !!! and its still cancelld it wont be more after the DVD NOOOOOOOOO i cant survive whit out it !!!!! SERISELY AM SO PISSED OFF NOW !!:grrr:

Lion Roar
January 21st, 2005, 03:16 PM
I've never seen it...

Shadow
January 21st, 2005, 03:27 PM
ok am sick of ppl saying you havent seen it !!

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Primetime_Preview_04_05/video/father_pride1.shtml

heres a nice trailer for ya

King Simba
January 21st, 2005, 03:28 PM
I've heard of it but they haven't shown it here yet.

Dare
January 21st, 2005, 03:34 PM
Eh, tv shows come and go. It's the dog eat dog cycle of the television industry, and truth be told, I never thought the show would make it to begin with...never seemed to fit in with the rest of the shows on that network to me, and while it had some funny moments, there really wasn't anything that struck me as making the show different from any other comedy (save for the computer animation and the animals)...and I think those aspects made the show a little too different for most viewers.

Still, it is a pity they took it off the air before all of the episodes were aired. FoTP might make a good Adult Swim show though, and I heard some net rumors about it so....

unregistered user
January 21st, 2005, 03:35 PM
I've seen the trailer and preview for Father of the Pride. If that's what you're referring to.:confused:

Nephilim
January 21st, 2005, 05:49 PM
It probably sucked anyway. :D

unregistered user
January 21st, 2005, 06:02 PM
That show was a classic and runs circles around that stupid Biggest Loser thing they're showing instead.

*puts the dvd set on birthday list* =/

Shadow
January 21st, 2005, 06:44 PM
i dont really think so....just one epesod costs more then a miljion dolars...i mean....and its the first 3D sieryes in the world.....

unregistered user
January 21st, 2005, 06:47 PM
hmm? was that in response to my post or nephillim's?

Shadow
January 21st, 2005, 07:21 PM
i meant for those who said it wuld be back again:bleen:

klowd
January 21st, 2005, 07:31 PM
1,6 milion $ per episode.....lol!!

Simba '04
January 21st, 2005, 07:57 PM
what a waste of money, where is it all going to? It doesn't cost someone a million dollars to make simple computer animations, from the trailer it looks like a stupid show imo.

Shadow
January 21st, 2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Simba '04
what a waste of money, where is it all going to? It doesn't cost someone a million dollars to make simple computer animations, from the trailer it looks like a stupid show imo.

dont call it a stupid show its azsome i laghf my *** of to it and i dont laghf that easy

so dont call it stuped and waste of money!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/kovu_grr.jpg

Simba '04
January 21st, 2005, 08:37 PM
you're a bit young to be using language now aren't you? the show is inappropriate for your age and I can see now why you use language. The show is about sin in which I am against and that is why I say it is stupid but I'm not going to start a religous debate here so you can say or do w/e you want from here but I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.

Shadow
January 21st, 2005, 08:45 PM
you're a bit young to be using language now aren't you? the show is inappropriate for your age and I can see now why you use language. The show is about sin in which I am against and that is why I say it is stupid but I'm not going to start a religous debate here so you can say or do w/e you want from here but I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.

ok but then you must REALLY hate simpsons ? becuse if you dont i will exspold.......http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/pffftnala3tz.jpg

and belive me i aint young....am far mature then most ppl in my age...but for a chance i akshely laghf at this....so there for i enjoing it.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/sarabi_smile.jpg

and i dont want to start a stuped debut ether mate http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/9077752.jpg

Simba '04
January 21st, 2005, 08:50 PM
FYI, I don't watch tv anymore :p

Nephilim
January 21st, 2005, 08:53 PM

Now you're awesome. :D:D:D

Btw, your avatar ish just great.

unregistered user
January 21st, 2005, 08:54 PM
*sigh* guess you're right '04. I felt qualms about watching it for those reasons, was just unable to resist something with lions in it

Inuchance
January 21st, 2005, 08:57 PM
You can get all the episodes that aired off of BitTorrent while you're waiting for the DVD, which I imagine would contain the unaired episodes, too...

I've posted the URL to the .zip containing all the .torrents, but I'll paste it here again for convenience.

http://irchance.home.comcast.net/fatherofthepride_torrent_files.zip

Just remember though, that if you like the show, buy the DVD!

Simba '04
January 21st, 2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Now you're awesome. :D:D:D

Btw, your avatar ish just great.

:cheese:, it is the one Sonique made ;) :p

Originally posted by KristynLioness
*sigh* guess you're right '04. I felt qualms about watching it for those reasons, was just unable to resist something with lions in it

That is why TLK came out on dvd so you can watch it instead over and over and over :idiot:

Sharifu
January 21st, 2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by shadow
i dont really think so....just one epesod costs more then a miljion dolars...i mean....and its the first 3D sieryes in the world.....

Aren't there a lot of 3-D animated TV Shows? I don't really like any of these shows, but like Beast Wars, Jimmy Newtron, and this little kid show on the Disney Channel...

All really poor animation, but what do you except for a TV series...

STM sent me the first episode of Father of the Pride... I watched it last night and it was kind of funny. I'll watch more maybe by renting the DVD or something. Other then that, I've never seen it... I just don't want TV too much anymore.

But shows get canceled all the time... Even though they have a lot of viewers and fans. *shrugs*

unregistered user
January 21st, 2005, 09:07 PM
I have 2 copies of the TLK DVD actually 04 XP Guess I couldn't resist something else with lions in it XP

Simba '04
January 21st, 2005, 09:09 PM
I know what you mean :p, I as well have two copies of TLK, the one I bought when it came out on dvd for the first time and then again when I got it with the Special Edition box set thing.

Iestyn
January 21st, 2005, 09:11 PM
Me neither tbh, very little anyways. There's nothing decent on anymore.

unregistered user
January 21st, 2005, 09:12 PM
Actually used to have 3 copies. :lol: First one was the one I'd preordered. My ex still has my lithos and I'll never see them again :grrr: The second one is from teh box set, and the third I got from TSG along with my TLK 1.5 dvd and lots of other stuff for our 6 month anniversary 8 months ago. I gave the preordered copy to my little cousin cuz I knew he didn't have a copy yet and I knew I didn't need 3 dvds of that. Oh yeah and I have a vhs copy too from before we got a dvd player

Shadow
January 21st, 2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Sharifu
Aren't there a lot of 3-D animated TV Shows? I don't really like any of these shows, but like Beast Wars, Jimmy Newtron, and this little kid show on the Disney Channel...

STM sent me the first episode of Father of the Pride... I watched it last night and it was kind of funny. I'll watch more maybe by renting the DVD or something. Other then that, I've never seen it... I just don't want TV too much anymore.

But shows get canceled all the time... Even though they have a lot of viewers and fans. *shrugs*

may so be it...but this is the first animal "ADULT" seriys in 3D

Dare
January 21st, 2005, 09:21 PM
i meant for those who said it wuld be back again:bleen:

Make no mistake, I never said it would be back...at least not in the sense of them actually going and making new episodes. However, they can reair the already-made episodes if they so choose. All they have to do is find a network that's willing to take the risk of running it.

*edit*

Don't forget about UPN's "Game Over". I believe that was the first primetime computer-animated show (March -April 2004), but I could be wrong. It was considerably short-lived.

Shadow
January 21st, 2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Wicked
Make no mistake, I never said it would be back...at least not in the sense of them actually going and making new episodes. However, they can reair the already-made episodes if they so choose. All they have to do is find a network that's willing to take the risk of running it.

am not making any falus hope....then again your right....wuld be so aszsome if they keep running it after the DVD relaze=D

TakaTiger
January 21st, 2005, 10:08 PM
<sniff sniff> will miss that show.....

Lion King Stu
January 21st, 2005, 10:20 PM

yeah shar is right decent shows get cancelled all the time a cartoon me and STL liked called Animals of Farthing Wood was cancelled back in 94' i think. There was supposed to be a new series of it which never got aired even though I think they where trying to make a new series.

unregistered user
January 21st, 2005, 10:22 PM
That's sad. There was this really neat show called On Our Own some years ago when I was still a kid that my mom and I really liked. Had Tia and Tamera Mowry along with all their other brothers and sisters, and the story was the oldest one had to take care of the rest of them. Only lasted like two weeks or something =/

Xinithian
January 22nd, 2005, 06:11 AM
you're a bit young to be using language now aren't you? the show is inappropriate for your age and I can see now why you use language. The show is about sin in which I am against and that is why I say it is stupid but I'm not going to start a religous debate here so you can say or do w/e you want from here but I'm just going to keep my mouth shut. Um... what? He can curse if he wants to. He's 15, and you don't really have any right to tell him he can't.

And in regards to the show being about sin, there's MUCH worse things out there. And if somebody wants to do a show about cartoon animals sinning, why stop them? It's not offensive really...

Simba '04
January 22nd, 2005, 06:54 AM
you forgot to read the last 10 words of that statement :evilgrin:

Shadow
January 22nd, 2005, 05:11 PM
you know if the collection DVD seals good...maybe they pick it up again =D

Cerise
January 22nd, 2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Xinithian
Um... what? He can curse if he wants to. He's 15, and you don't really have any right to tell him he can't.

And in regards to the show being about sin, there's MUCH worse things out there. And if somebody wants to do a show about cartoon animals sinning, why stop them? It's not offensive really...

I agree. Just because you are older than some of us, that does not give you the right to say what anyone else is not mature enough for. I don't think you are a parent of anyone here, so butt out.

Anyways, I've never seen this show, but I think it looks good.

I can't really see it being classified as "ADULT", though. It can't be any worse than any other comedy series out there, such as Friends or The Simpsons. Can it?

Sharifu
January 23rd, 2005, 12:01 AM
No it's not that bad at all. But I can only judge it from seeing the first episode.

Shadow
January 23rd, 2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Cerise
I agree. Just because you are older than some of us, that does not give you the right to say what anyone else is not mature enough for. I don't think you are a parent of anyone here, so butt out.

Anyways, I've never seen this show, but I think it looks good.

I can't really see it being classified as "ADULT", though. It can't be any worse than any other comedy series out there, such as Friends or The Simpsons. Can it?

i wuld easy clasefy Father of the pride as a teenage seryes....but really nothing for kids....:bleen:

Shatara
January 23rd, 2005, 05:22 AM
Hmm...I thought that show very entertaining...

I agree it wasn't real suitable for younger audiences, but then, it was prime time...>.>

unregistered user
January 23rd, 2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by KristynLioness
Actually used to have 3 copies. :lol: First one was the one I'd preordered. My ex still has my lithos and I'll never see them again :grrr: The second one is from teh box set, and the third I got from TSG along with my TLK 1.5 dvd and lots of other stuff for our 6 month anniversary 8 months ago. I gave the preordered copy to my little cousin cuz I knew he didn't have a copy yet and I knew I didn't need 3 dvds of that. Oh yeah and I have a vhs copy too from before we got a dvd player

Lithos? You never mentioned to me about lithographs, Kristin... did you?

Zala
January 23rd, 2005, 03:40 PM
you know if the collection DVD seals good...maybe they pick it up again =D

You bet, will probably pick up the DVD. It's such a great pity they stopped airing the show. And are no longer making new episodes. :(

Shadow
January 23rd, 2005, 04:59 PM
You bet, will probably pick up the DVD. It's such a great pity they stopped airing the show. And are no longer making new episodes. :(

yeah i know......it really makes me sad that they cut it....it was a really good show....but who knows it maybe comes up again....but probebly not:emo:

King Simba
February 26th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Awesome! I'll be sure to watch a few episodes. :cheese: Thanks for the news, mate. :cheese:

Nephilim
February 26th, 2005, 07:16 PM
I'm gonna watch it. Watch it good!

Iestyn
February 27th, 2005, 12:08 AM
I saw an advert for it a few days ago, I'm gonna tape them :D

Aurelian
February 27th, 2005, 12:57 AM
Maybe you guys will get luckier then us in the US did. It has already been canceled here. I have all but 3 episodes on tape though.

jannali
February 27th, 2005, 01:28 AM
i never much liked that show. the animation annoyed me

Sharifu
February 27th, 2005, 03:27 AM
I've seen the first 7 epsiodes on my computer... I've never even seen it on TV. XD

Sombolia
February 28th, 2005, 03:04 AM
Yeah, if they end up showing more episodes in UK than US (ya can only hope..), ya must tell me all about them STL! :lol:

Shadow
February 28th, 2005, 06:37 AM
I've seen the first 7 epsiodes on my computer... I've never even seen it on TV. XD

same here ^^

King Simba
March 6th, 2005, 08:05 PM
I saw it too, me and my sister watched it. Great show, very funny too. :lol: :cheese:

Iestyn
March 6th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Yeah it was awesome, I loved that monkey with the banjo near the end :lol:

Tiuni
March 6th, 2005, 10:29 PM
heh too bad the show got stopped here...:grrr:
i loved the show myself :grrr:

Sombolia
March 6th, 2005, 10:41 PM
The first episode rocks! I love how Sigfried and Roy dressed up like... pandas, was it? :thinks: I can't remember :hehe:

King Simba
March 6th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by SomboliaTheLion
The first episode rocks! I love how Sigfried and Roy dressed up like... pandas, was it? :thinks: I can't remember :hehe:
Yeah, that's the one. ;)

Sharifu
March 7th, 2005, 08:49 AM
I've seen the first 10 episodes now. My favorite so far is the catnip one. :p (Episode 3) Funny stuff.

Zala
March 8th, 2005, 03:45 PM
I agree with Sharifu wholeheartedly, Episode 3 with the Catnip was definately one of the best out of the whole series. Larry and Kate's lines and expressions were just plain.....Hi-larious.... =)

Simba22
April 7th, 2005, 12:47 AM
I am so angry about them cancelling that show. That was one of my favorite shows.:grrr: :die: :mad:

Zala
April 7th, 2005, 03:20 AM
That is for suuuuuure :) I'm getting the DVD; it comes out in June.
You can order it from http://www.amazon.com. And welcome Simba22 !

nafklt
April 7th, 2005, 04:12 AM
w00t! It's comin' out in June! :cool:

Simba22
April 7th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by MehndiX
;) Supposedly there will be

http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00002832.html

You do not know how much that news made my day.

Simba22
April 7th, 2005, 02:07 PM
That is for suuuuuure :) I'm getting the DVD; it comes out in June.
You can order it from http://www.amazon.com. And welcome Simba22 !

Thanks!

Sombolia
April 23rd, 2005, 09:56 PM
I tried uploading Zala's animations at Photobucket...

And the results were pretty scary. (http://photobucket.com/albums/v644/sombolia/th_hunter_cute_big.gif)

TakaTiger
April 23rd, 2005, 10:25 PM
argh! i cant wait for it! ><

Zala
April 24th, 2005, 09:53 AM
=D LOOOOL!!! >>Sombolia

How on earth did the animation turn out like that?
I hope it looked alright before you uploaded it to photobucket.

Counting down to FotP DVD's release!

Mushroom
April 24th, 2005, 10:17 AM
I've only see 2 episodes of this show and I love it! I have to get the DVD.
I love Sarmoti, he's hilarious, I've never seen a character like him before and will probably never see a character like him again.
He's just such a grumpy old geaser, with a daughter and grandchildren yet he still insists on depising his son-in-law to all eternity, getting drunk, playing poker and dating a different hooker every other night! Oh, and drugs can't forget he takes drugs, lol. Can't remember how the scene went but in the Catnip episode didn't he just randomly walk in at the end and just says something like,
"Ok, who the hells got my drugs?" or something hilarious like that.
He's the best.

Zala
April 24th, 2005, 10:22 AM
He's a good character for the show, as in he makes the show even greater with his attitude. Neat grandpa.

Mushroom
April 24th, 2005, 10:55 AM
I love to have a grandpa like that, unfortunatly my mum's dad is dead and my dad's dad hasn't talk to us in-.....ever. But I can see a bit of my dad in Sarmoti. My dad's not a drunk but I can imagine myself walking into a room with loads of beer bottles and my dad saying something like;
"C'mon, sweety, you know I'm a drunk." lol.

Inuchance
April 24th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Useless fun facts time!

Did you know that Sarmoti's name stands for Siegfield and Roy, Masters of the Impossible? :D :cheese:

Zala
April 24th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Yes, I do! :P

Mushroom
April 24th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Does it? Awesome, but isn't his name spelt, Sarmonti?

EDIT: Oh no, you were right it's Sarmoti

Simba_TLK
May 4th, 2005, 08:10 AM
we dont get that show in Aus, nor will we get the dvd anytime soon (if at all) :rolleyes:

so i decided to download the episodes :p

ive got a few already, and it is great :cheese:
cant believe they decided to cancel it :confused:

Lucy Lioness
May 4th, 2005, 11:58 AM
I have only seen one episode of Father Of The Pride, but I really liked it! Especially little Hunter, he is so cute!

I'm a sucker for a cute lion! Lol.
:haha:

Vidan
June 8th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Father of the Pride is out on DVD in the US! Released as of yesterday, June 7th. The three stores I checked around here didn't receive any stock so I'll either order it off of Amazon or pick it up out of town.

Click (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JNA7/ref=ase_ericscottblac-20/102-6179740-0788113?v=glance&s=dvd) to get it on Amazon.

Zala
June 8th, 2005, 07:34 AM
=D Yep, thanks for the heads-up, Woe. I'm ordering mine from Amazon.com.

Sharifu
June 9th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Hey Eric, I saw copies of them at Target, the very first day it came out. ;) I bought a copy for STM, because he was wondering if I can send him a copy. I didn't buy one for myself though, even though I wanted to, just because I don't have much money right now. But I will at least like to rent it sometime. It has 14 episodes, and I thought it had 13! That's cool!

Zala
June 9th, 2005, 08:17 AM
That's very nice of you, Sharifu...
Anyway, I was wondering whether you could tell me of the features that the Father of the Pride DVD has.

It would be excluding the 14 episodes, of course :)

Special Features:
Eg. The making of ...
Digital Effects/Graphics...
Voice Actors..

Thanks! ;)

Fear The Paw
June 9th, 2005, 03:21 PM
That show is too too, monotonous after the first 6 eppisopes, but the absurdity was enjoyable at times. But after a while the humor became annoying. But the acting was excellent.
I will probably buy it on Ebay

Simba_TLK
June 16th, 2005, 03:07 AM
since we dont get the DVD downunder :bleen:
ive been downloading the episodes :p

ive got Ep1-11 recorded from NBC
and Ep12-13 recorded from SkyOne
(just if anybody is interested, you can get them from BT or P2P File sharing networks :secret: )

the only one im missing is the Original Pilot
which i hear has never been aired...
any idea where i can get it? :confused:

Alli
June 16th, 2005, 03:57 AM
I never got to see the show, despite the fact that i wanted to. It's too bad tv's being controlled by reality television shows *Sighs*

Zala
June 16th, 2005, 12:45 PM
There will be 3 un-aired episodes on the DVD. But if you're not getting it from where you live, then maybe you could get it from people who buy the DVD and rip it.

Alli, you can download the episodes via bit torrent.

unregistered user
September 24th, 2005, 02:56 AM
FINALLY SOMEBODY AGREES WITH ME!! (RUns around like crazy) Umali sanami usu meile!! I loved FoTP! I better get the season 1 DVD. I watched it every wednesday. I am somehow going to force them to put it back on the air. Join my army now and together we will acomplish this mission!

lion_roog
September 24th, 2005, 03:30 AM
Kate is Hott...:rawr:

The show seemed to use tired plots for the lions...but the Seigfreid and Roy subplots were pretty unique....:D

unregistered user
September 24th, 2005, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by lion_roog
Kate is Hott...:rawr:

The show seemed to use tired plots for the lions...but the Seigfreid and Roy subplots were pretty unique....:D

I personally think Sierra is hoooooott.

Xinithian
September 24th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Wow, talk about a thread bump...

unregistered user
September 24th, 2005, 04:06 AM
Thread bumper.. talk about boromir's phone :lol:

Sombolia
September 24th, 2005, 04:09 AM
I liked the show.. the parts about the lions were somewhat amusing, but the Sigfreid and Roy bits were hilarious. XD

Sharifu
September 24th, 2005, 05:27 AM
I picked up a copy of the Season DVD of it for STM... I would like to get a copy of it for myself, someday. My sister and her friend also thought it was pretty funny, when they were watching it with STM and I. XD

la_reina
September 24th, 2005, 11:30 AM
OK...why does Marimbawizard constantly
bring up old threads? :confused:

unregistered user
September 24th, 2005, 11:33 AM
who cares i like necromancer character, except for necropostage :p

nathalie
September 24th, 2005, 11:35 AM
And why do people keep bumping them, by saying "why does that person brings up an old thread".

Don't do that then, because at least, he does say something that kind of relates to the thread, but saying over and over again, that someone is bumping, that ain't related to the thread ;)

So when all you people where new here, you never ever looked at all the other threads on the board?

Oh my, good thing you all weren't arround when I was new here :P

EDIT: and also as you can see, some other members posted in here aswell, with related posts :)

unregistered user
September 24th, 2005, 11:41 AM
okay.. :D
hope FotP selling their dvd over here:(:D

la_reina
September 24th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Oh...:hehe:...sorry Nath. I just never actually see Marimba posting at other threads; just the ones that are about a year old :p I'm just wondering *shrugs*.

nathalie
September 24th, 2005, 11:43 AM
It's alright ...

But posting 5 times in 1 page to the same person "don't bump" isn't making the thread go down again ;)

And rather that people use that search button to find threads, then to just make new ones, so the mods have more to do :p

unregistered user
September 24th, 2005, 11:50 AM
great :p.. we must give marimbawizard for best searching button user :D...
well. he actually follow the rules :D

la_reina
September 24th, 2005, 11:54 AM
^ Well yeah, at least he isn't breaking any :p Ha, I guess I would nominate him if that were a category :p

nathalie
September 24th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Well, don't really know if he uses the Search button.

But rather using that, or browsing through the forum then making loads of multiple threads :)

Ok, now BACK on - topic :D

unregistered user
September 24th, 2005, 06:25 PM
When you people talk about me like that it (Pardon my language admins and users. Please & Thank you.) PISSES ME OFF!!! Sorry. I had to say it sooner or later. But when you talk about me like that I feel....(Cyring) UNWANTED!!!(Cries and cries)

Monai
September 24th, 2005, 07:33 PM
THE DVD'S COMING OUT. THIS WEEK. IN BRITAIN.

I NEED IT.

Sombolia
September 24th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Monai
THE DVD'S COMING OUT. THIS WEEK. IN BRITAIN.

I NEED IT.

I WISH I WAS BRITISH. ;_________;

Sharifu
September 24th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Sombolia dear, don't you live in California? I got a copy of it at Target for STM last summer... I believe it came out last June. It might be hard to find now but keep looking. You can always try Ebay.

lion_roog
October 6th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Marimbawizard
I personally think Sierra is hoooooott.

For Sure!...And have you seen the actress who does her voice?...:rawr:

unregistered user
October 6th, 2005, 11:56 PM
For Sure!...And have you seen the actress who does her voice?...:rawr:

No...I don't think I have.. (Looks through computer and regular photos.) Nope. But the charrie is :rawr: . And let's just say I often think...

Sombolia
October 7th, 2005, 12:33 AM
Sombolia dear, don't you live in California? I got a copy of it at Target for STM last summer... I believe it came out last June. It might be hard to find now but keep looking. You can always try Ebay.

I do, but I've never seen it over here. :hmm: Thanks for the info, I'll have to look out for it. ;)

lion_roog
October 8th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Marimbawizard
No...I don't think I have.. (Looks through computer and regular photos.) Nope. But the charrie is :rawr: . And let's just say I often think...

Here Dude!...http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/0364583/HH/0364583/iid_882504.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Harris,%20Danielle

:rawr: :rawr: :rawr:

Sadiki
October 8th, 2005, 02:44 PM
hehe I like that show too, too bad it was too expensive for Dream works to keep up doing it, but sinse one show producting took 9 months and cost 1.6 million to make I can understand they stoped makeing it. But I can say all those 14 episodes what are out are hilarious :lol:

Tategami
October 9th, 2005, 06:52 AM
i use to watch the show religiously. but then my mate came to live with me, but then some stuff happend and she had to go back to her home state. so i could'nt watch it at all after that.

but i love the ep where sigfried and roy fix the slurpie machine.

"i...want...zee ahh!"

unregistered user
October 18th, 2005, 02:02 AM
Here Dude!...http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/0364583/HH/0364583/iid_882504.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Harris,%20Danielle

:rawr: :rawr: :rawr:

(Looks at photo.) (Jaw drops.) Woo Hoo!!