PDA

View Full Version : how to change right bottom icon in Windows Explorer?

nathalie
March 4th, 2008, 06:20 AM
I hope you know what I mean, since I can't upload a picture.

If you go to the explorer where all your files and documents are.
Like in the file "my video's" there's in the right corner an icon.

If you have a file full of pictures, there's this poloroid picture in the right corner.

And for music files, there's this music note in the right corner.

Is there any way you can change those?

Stormfury
March 4th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Those are apart of the template system. You can change them, however for complete customization, I think there's a program that does that... not really sure!!...

nathalie
March 4th, 2008, 08:31 AM
I installed WindowBlinds on my laptop, and some skins come with those icons actually.

But now, with the new skin, in my file "my video's" it's showing a DVD-player.
I'd like it to be a TV since I think that fits more, haha (I saw it, it's in the icon file, hehe).

I'll google some more then ^^

O_o
March 5th, 2008, 12:42 AM
i think i know what you mean and i think i know how to do, however im at a public computer these days so cant show .. I might be wrong too, cant concentrate atm ..

Lucy Lioness
March 5th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by ?nathalie?
I installed WindowBlinds on my laptop, and some skins come with those icons actually.

But now, with the new skin, in my file "my video's" it's showing a DVD-player.
I'd like it to be a TV since I think that fits more, haha (I saw it, it's in the icon file, hehe).

I'll google some more then ^^

OMG! Windows Blinds caused me nothing but trouble! :D Messed my yahoo messenger up good. Took me ages to figure out what was wrong, haha. And that was back when I had XP so I couldn't even blame Vista. :p

I always thought that picture of the music note etc. in the right hand corner (I think that's what you're talking about...?) was pretty lame. It never bothered me enough to make me try and change it though.

Stormfury
March 5th, 2008, 01:23 AM
^ Yea, WindowBlinds isn't without its bugs. But it is one of the better programs out there. There are other skinning programs .. with modest functionality.

Shrug/