PDA

View Full Version : A petition for an official release of Hans Zimmer's TLK Complete Score!

White Wagtail
February 23rd, 2008, 09:49 AM
Hello! (It's been a long time since I posted last time!)

Recently, a petition for an official complete release of Hans Zimmer's TLK score has been started.
(It's not me who started it, by the way)

The Lion King Complete Score Petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/LIONKING/petition.html)

I think we would agree that no doubt it deserves an official complete score album with good sound quality.
Probably it's very hard to move Disney, but it's better to try than to do nothing.

Please take a look and consider signing! :D:cheese:

TX-101
February 23rd, 2008, 08:44 PM
I am not sure.. But i think that collection already exists. I downloaded Hans zimmer's discography since... i forgot which year back. It was really from the beginning till 2003 or something like that. And there was also folder with his TLK music. I dont know where i got the torrent from or if it was even torrent on first place. It was about a year and a half ago and i cant remember. I've also lost the DVD i put all on. So... i cant help anyhow. I'm just saying it's possible to get everything if you really want to.

HasiraKali
February 23rd, 2008, 11:37 PM
I think what the OP is trying to say is that it's a petition for an official release. That copy that's floating around isn't official and really isn't CD quality. At least not by today's standards of CD quality.

TX-101
February 24th, 2008, 12:34 AM
I've never noticed any diference with it and other music i have. Depends what you get. it was a mp3 format, good low and high tones. But music like that is rare, sometimes it takes lots of patience to find or get it.

HasiraKali
February 24th, 2008, 03:27 AM
No I agree. It's totally fine for me too.

Guntur
February 24th, 2008, 10:56 AM
*hugs my bootleg copy* Nuuuuu :gasp: :woeisme: I always thought the official CD already launch, maybe I was wrong.

nathalie
February 24th, 2008, 11:05 AM
The complete score has never been officially released Fendi.

A shame though, some pieces are in the movie, but not on the soundtrack :(

Guntur
February 24th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I think I saw the cover at the music store, maybe it just me. :cheese:.

@Nathalie: I agree :( too bad the score never release. too bad all kcn's stuff are expired.

White Wagtail
February 25th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Yes, the existing "Expanded Score" is an illegal bootleg. I downloaded it through this post (http://zazu.lionking.org/getmsg.cgi?8+11+05+678+733) on TLK mailing list (there was also a thread about it here on Lea (http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6589&perpage=10&pagenumber=5)), but its sound quality is very poor compared to the official soundtrack. Some tracks are in mono, and have some flaws. (sorry I don't know how to describe it in proper words...)

Hans-Zimmer.com (unofficial fan site) has the details and discussion on this bootleg. But please don't post there about how to get bootlegs, because the webmasters are very nervous about such things since Disney sent them a warning.
http://www.hans-zimmer.com/fr/disco_detail.php?id=534
(My name in that site is Pridelander;))

Also, the reason why we want an official release is not only for the sound quality. We can't get illegal bootlegs in a normal way. We want Disney to release it officially so that everyone could buy a copy and appreciate this masterpiece legally and equally!

Though Disney Records is infamous for not releasing complete scores... I hope this petition will make Disney change their mind! :D

HasiraKali
February 25th, 2008, 02:52 AM
I think they sent out the entire score to Oscar judges back when it was nominated. I know they did that for Tarzan and Meet the Robinsons because I know people that have those complete scores and that's how they got them. :hmm:

Katari
February 25th, 2008, 03:17 AM
It's a shame they can't (or haven't) released a sanctioned, high-quality version of the full movie score. With the full soundtracks for the Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings films, you could listen and say, "Oh, that's when such-and-such happened in the movie!" :ayecapn:

Guntur
February 25th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Thanks to you Katari now I remember what I'm going to download (using torrent) today.

TX-101
February 25th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Wow... Fendi! Because of you poor artists wont be able to afford another house on caribbean island with huge swimming pool!

Guntur
February 25th, 2008, 08:38 AM
I don't want Britney to buy some unwanted pills anyway :idiot:

nathalie
February 25th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Can we please keep the torrent stuff off this board ;)

If you wanna do that, fine, but don't post it on here and "encourage" others to do so aswell.

It's tricky talking about this stuff ;)

Guntur
February 25th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Sorry Nathalie, it's all my fault.

Dyani
February 25th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Remember Kids: Doing Illegal Things Is Stupid, Don't Do Them!

TX-101
February 25th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Ehh ehh.. Illegal. Where do we get without illegal. Its cool. As long as we dont give links and so... it's all legal. We're not stupid to bring whole world piracy here.

HasiraKali
February 25th, 2008, 05:04 PM
It's still probably better not to really talk about it. We can't deny that it happens, but we really shouldn't talk too much about it.

Guntur
February 25th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Yeah, just keep it down low and bring it to PM.

KanuTGL
February 25th, 2008, 07:41 PM
*signs* =D

King Simba
February 25th, 2008, 10:52 PM
*has signed the petition* =D

Sharifu
February 26th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Sure why not? :) *has just signed*

White Wagtail
February 26th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Sorry, should I edit my post about bootleg link? I thought it's ok because there was a thread about it already, but if it's not appropriate to post direct links to illegal download here, I'll edit my post.

HasiraKali - yes, I heard there was Academy Promo (according to "Medivh"'s post of this page (http://www.hans-zimmer.com/fr/disco_detail.php?id=534&id_page=4)), but it's incredibly rare, almost nobody have a copy of it, and those who have it never leaked it...:rolleyes:

Anyway thank you for signing :hugs:

Guntur
February 27th, 2008, 10:15 AM
*signed* Spread the words fellas!