PDA

View Full Version : The Secret of NIMH

ZooK
February 15th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Anyone else enjoy this film? It's about as depressing as it is heart warming. To me this movie is only second to TLK. It was made by Don Bluth, a man who realized that Disney films were becoming lower quality. One day he gathered up some fellow animators, left Disney, and started his own animation studio. He is a strong believer in traditional animation, and truly showed what it was capable of with this film.

I didn't discover it until quite recently, (about 2 years ago), but it was released in the early 80s. I can't help but choke up sometimes when I watch it :emo:

It's a great movie, I think everyone should see it at least once.

Dyani
February 15th, 2008, 09:28 PM
I would watch it because it sounds intriging (and wonderfully anti-animal testing) but I've been put off it. Someone I used to talk to from here (they randomly added me) believed that he was a reincarnation of one of the characters, as well as his girlfriend. He also believed that he had mice relatives living on the moon... so..

Yeah.

TheColorYellow
February 15th, 2008, 11:15 PM
This is an excellent cartoon. I'd read that it was originally going to be a disney film, but was rejected by disney because it was 'too dark'. (this is actually why I liked the film, it was dark but had a lot of emotion and good vs. evil in it) It is one of the classics. :ayecapn:

Stormfury
March 4th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Don Bluth is brilliant!

He directed some of my favorite films. (In particular; Titan A.E., hehe.)

Haven't seen 'The Secret of NIMH' in ages, but it is one good movie!!...

:cheese:

KanuTGL
March 4th, 2008, 08:23 PM
I haven't seen The Secret of NIMH (yet) D= It does seem like a very good film though from what I have seen of it, so I'm probably gonna try and buy it someday...

And yes, Don Bluth is brilliant! ^^ All Dogs Go to Heaven is probably my favourite Bluth production, along with The Pebble and the Penguin *nostalgia*

Shadow
March 5th, 2008, 10:15 AM
ya should Kanu its awsome one of the best films iv seen

and yet...i ..have forgot all about it xP

starlioness
March 5th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Ferngully and Plague Dogs also deal with animal testing if your interested Dyani:ayecapn:.

Nimh is a good movie.. but the sequel is crap..(now there's a big surprise):huh:

did you know that Shrek was originall going to be a 2-D Don Bluth film? but Bluth and Spielberg had a falling out .. so it was scrapped?

KanuTGL
March 5th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by starlioness
Ferngully and Plague Dogs also deal with animal testing if your interested Dyani:ayecapn:.

Not to mention Felidae. That is the only animated film I've seen that's seriously freaked me out. The animation is brilliant, but it still freaked me out *shiver*

And 2D Shrek? Now that could've been really interesting. *imagines 2D Donkey* He would've been awesome xP