PDA

View Full Version : Iv'e badly hurt my finger in freak accident.

Aurelian
February 7th, 2008, 06:11 PM
i hav3e had a traumatic week. please excuse the spelling and poor punkctuation. i am not used to typing one handed. while watching the smacdown main event last friday, during taker's entrance, the chair i was sitting on -a version of your typical wrestling steel chair- collasped under me, and my finger was caught in the hinge. it was crushed flat. the finger was sevey broken and the lacerations took ten stiches to put back together. I have to go back to the hospital tomorrow, and they don't yet knof if they can save the top part of it. this is the first day i am alloed out of my house. i had a hair cut, stopped at gamestop to check if they had the new zelda game in stock, wich they didn', and left with three classic gameboy games. i was given a gift of a leather easy chair by my best friend and his family as well.

(cpoied and pasted to save me frustration)

childlike_ghost
February 7th, 2008, 06:16 PM
OMG! Ouch! I hope u still have the use of the finger in the end! Reminds me of the time I sliced off the top of my finger in a bread machiene at the backery I worked at. there were about seven stitches for that one. I sympathize with ya.

Sharifu
February 7th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Aww you poor thing. :( I hope your finger can be saved and will heal completely. :hugs: I hope all goes well.

Elly
February 7th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Yeeew... It wouldn't take much for a steel chair to do some serious damage, no matter how you look at it.

I'd be madder than a wet hornet, and crying at the same time.

You have my sympathies, Feral.

:hugs:

KanuTGL
February 7th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Oh, dear, that sounds freaky indeed D= Hope your finger will get better soon and that they can save it o_o

:hugs:

King Simba
February 7th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Ack, sounds painful. x_x Hope you fully recover soon. :hugs:

Darkslash
February 7th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Oh jeez, I can't imagine...

Hope it all turns out well.

HasiraKali
February 7th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Ouch! I hope all goes well and it's back to new in no time. :)

Revo
February 7th, 2008, 10:11 PM
*sends a "get better"-card* :hugs:

Azerane
February 8th, 2008, 03:03 AM
Sorry to hear about that. I hope it heals well, there's a good chance it will. I have a friend whose whole forearm was crushed in a machine and he still has perfect use of his hand and arm, though it gets sore from time to time, it still works =)

Safila
February 8th, 2008, 03:24 AM
ouch...hope the pain isn't too bad for you, but now you can relax in your new cool chair..
"throws chocolate at you, to catch with your mouth'

Shadow
February 8th, 2008, 06:18 AM
awho...my pinky finger where cut of clean a fiew years ago while the other just got incridebly flat...i feel for you mate...

lion_roog
February 8th, 2008, 07:11 AM
That sucks, man. I hope you're able to recover from your injury. Was it one of those folding chairs? I know one of my relatives lost a couple fingers in one of those.

Guntur
February 8th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Ouch Feral, Hope you feel better now :hugs:

lionloversam
February 8th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Thats terrible. I hope you get a full recovery. :hugs:

Dyani
February 10th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Pics or it didn't happen? >.<
Well, someone had to say it :lol:

Taneli
February 10th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Dyani
Pics or it didn't happen? >.<
Well, someone had to say it :lol:
Thank you for making me plaster my monitor with bits of sandwich ?.?

Hope it heals soon Roq! :hugs:

Sharifu
February 11th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Why would he want to post pictures of his injured finger? Jeez...

I hope things are going well Feral... :hugs:

Elly
February 11th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Sharifu
Why would he want to post pictures of his injured finger? Jeez...

I hope things are going well Feral... :hugs:

Agreeing with Sharifu, wouldn't that be a bit overdoing it? The poor guy has been in enough pain lately.

:woeisme:

Dyani
February 11th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Some people just don't get a joke. :woeisme: I even made it obvious that it was a joke... /sigh

Feral, I'll delete the post if you're offended.

Guntur
February 11th, 2008, 04:01 PM
We're not a mind reader, we are alien :cheese: :idiot:

King Simba
February 11th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I know if it were me, I wouldn't feel comfortable posting pictures of it either.

Hope things are looking up Roq. :hugs:

Elly
February 11th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Dyani
Some people just don't get a joke. :woeisme: I even made it obvious that it was a joke... /sigh

Feral, I'll delete the post if you're offended.

Not that big of a deal. =)

Just gross. :p

;)

Aurelian
February 12th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I'll be honest, Dyani, while I was bleeding all over my kitchen, half passed out, and waiting for the ambulance, taking photos wasn't my top priority. Sorry.

Thanks, everyone. The doctor said that the bone could take at least a month top heal, but is looking good.

Azerane
February 13th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Glad to hear that the prognosis for your finger is good :)

Aurelian
February 16th, 2008, 04:17 PM
I wish the prognostic had stayed good, Azzy. I went in for my weekly follow-up, yesterday, and it turns out that the bone is seperating more, instead of fusing. I need to go in for surgury on this Friday to have a pin put in. It's not a major operation, but I'm scared none-the-less. Surgury is not fun, and I miss work. :tears:

Guntur
February 16th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah surgery is no no fun. But for me surgery is one of my major turn point in my life = ). Hope the surgery is successful

TheColorYellow
February 16th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Ouch, Feral. :( I hope your surgery goes well.

Aurelian
February 25th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Hey guys! Good news, the surgury was a complete sucsess! They had to remove the bone fragment instead of reataching it, but beyond that, it went just as planned. I just got the cast off of my hand today, and although I now have no bone past my top knuckle, my doctor said a should make a full recovery. I am now rehabbing the rest of the hand.

Revo
February 26th, 2008, 12:41 AM
That's great news Feral! We hope you get well soon. :hugs:

Safila
February 26th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Glad your surgery went ok and you getting better

Guntur
February 26th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Good to hear you're okay! :D