PDA

View Full Version : Favorite TLK Movie?

King Simba
June 11th, 2004, 08:45 PM
I was looking around and noticed that I couldn't find any favorite TLK movie poll! and it amazed me that nobody had ever asked that question so here it goes:

TLK, SP, or 1.5?

kcnmttcnn
June 11th, 2004, 08:56 PM
woah.... you're right... i couldn't find one, at least not as a poll. (or i'm just not seeing it)
Well, TLK for me.
:ayecapn:

King Simba
June 11th, 2004, 08:57 PM
yeah i even did a search for 'favorite' and couldnt find a poll... and this is the best way to organize it :D

btw, my vote goes for TLK! =)

unregistered user
June 11th, 2004, 08:59 PM
I'd also have to choose TLK. Its very rare for a sequel to recapture and best the spirit of the original IMO.

King Simba
June 11th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by another_tomato
I'd also have to choose TLK. Its very rare for a sequel to recapture and best the spirit of the original IMO.

yeah but SP came close... didnt it get some award for best animated sequel? if it didnt, it should have

Ngatuny
June 11th, 2004, 09:09 PM
The original Lion King for me too!:evilgrin:

but I did like SP!

King Simba
June 11th, 2004, 09:12 PM
yes yes SP was really good, but nothing can beat the original ;)

SP's only problem: Simba = dillusional paranoid maniac

Nephilim
June 11th, 2004, 09:14 PM
The Lion King, all the way. I loves Scar.

Sharifu
June 11th, 2004, 09:55 PM
The original Lion King, of course. ;)

unregistered user
June 11th, 2004, 10:23 PM
SP's only problem: Simba = dillusional paranoid maniac

Gah, I hate SP's Simba with passion. Disney ruined my favorite character.

Original Lion King for me. =)

Simba_TLK
June 12th, 2004, 02:49 AM
just like everyone else said, i say the Original TLK was the best :D

but SP was pretty good, not too bad in my opinion :p

but TLK3/1.5 on the other hand, was ok, it was more about humour than actually telling a story, which i didnt like :stop:

unregistered user
June 12th, 2004, 03:00 AM
The Lion King for me as well. Though Simba's Pride came very close 1 1/2 was just not that great of a story, too much comedy in places that should not have been comic. (Gorge scene, Presentation, and CyFtLt scenes to name a few).

Simba's Pride had terrible animation, and not enough depth in characters, and some, not enough lines, or even an appearance! Others shouldn't have made an appearance (Mufasa).

The funny thing about sequels and prequels is that once someone watches the original, then watches a sequel, it rarely is better to them then the original because they have principles set in their minds that the sequel will have to live up to, and these are usually not met, thus, most sequels do not measure up to most people the same as the original did.

Mabatu
June 12th, 2004, 04:17 AM
1 1/2 isn't that good. I'm not even too keen on seeing it again, so it obviously isn't something special. And as you said Nuka, it should not have poked fun at the stampede scene. :grrr:
On the DVD i watched the deleted scenes, and there was one where in Digga Tunnah they sing about a meerkat who did something different and got killed or summat - it only went for 10 seconds or so but they deleted it because it adds too many characters to the movie! That just shows they aimed it at dumb little kids which is just wrong! :rolleyes:

I enjoyed SP very much when i first saw it - actually, no. When i first saw it 5/6 years ago i didn't like it coz it had nothing i could relate to (it is largely a story about love, which kids don't get usually). But when i watched it a few months back after realizing im a LK fan, i liked it. Contrary to what others say, i don't mind Simba in the second one. I actually feel sorry for him - he understandably wants the best for his little one, and he had such a hard past...

But the fact is SP would not have existed without TLK. It even says that in the credits of SP and 1 1/2. So TLK is my favorite LK movie, and, suprise suprise, my all-time favorite movie.:browlift:

BluNikori
June 12th, 2004, 04:29 AM
i really like TLK 1/2 ^__^ it was very funny and entertaining, and the animation i say is extremey well done! (unlike a certain "added scene" involving a singing hornbill)

I liked SP a lot also, but when I saw the animation again in the preview for the Special Edition one, i noticed the animation linework & such isn't quite up to par with what we've seen in the other movies.

Prince Simba
June 12th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Mabatu
1 1/2 isn't that good. I'm not even too keen on seeing it again, so it obviously isn't something special. And as you said Nuka, it should not have poked fun at the stampede scene. :grrr:
On the DVD i watched the deleted scenes, and there was one where in Digga Tunnah they sing about a meerkat who did something different and got killed or summat - it only went for 10 seconds or so but they deleted it because it adds too many characters to the movie! That just shows they aimed it at dumb little kids which is just wrong! :rolleyes:

I enjoyed SP very much when i first saw it - actually, no. When i first saw it 5/6 years ago i didn't like it coz it had nothing i could relate to (it is largely a story about love, which kids don't get usually). But when i watched it a few months back after realizing im a LK fan, i liked it. Contrary to what others say, i don't mind Simba in the second one. I actually feel sorry for him - he understandably wants the best for his little one, and he had such a hard past...

But the fact is SP would not have existed without TLK. It even says that in the credits of SP and 1 1/2. So TLK is my favorite LK movie, and, suprise suprise, my all-time favorite movie.:browlift:

yes yes I agree completely...

unfortunately for me, i was forced to watch it again about a week after i saw :eek::eww::gasp::mad::Ohno::roars::grrr: it because we didnt have a final exam in my band class...

i never wanted to see it again after the first time i saw it... even though it was kinda funny... and now after having seen it twice... i doubt ill ever watch it again without complaining, or going into a deep depression afterword (a depression which only loads and loads of TLK 1 can fix)

eh... i hated it...

starlioness
June 12th, 2004, 05:01 AM
I think TLK should be left out of this poll, since it is the obvious favorite.. .

but it would be interesting to see S.P against 1 1/2 ;)

Prince Simba. your avatar and banner are very cool. :cool:

Prince Simba
June 12th, 2004, 05:03 AM
lol thx :D

yeah... SP vs 1 1/2 hehe

Sharifu
June 12th, 2004, 08:06 AM
TLK 1 1/2 has pretty good animation, but overall I did not like it. SP animation isn't as good, but I liked it better then TLK 1 1/2.

unregistered user
June 12th, 2004, 01:30 PM
my vote also goes to the original TLK movie :cheese:

Kovu
June 12th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Ohhhkayy... guess i'm the only one who voted SP.
I'm not being defiant or anything. I simply answered the question.
http://img69.photobucket.com/albums/v210/KovuLKD/Smilie4.jpg
Best Movie: TLK
Favorite Movie: TLK2: SP
Without TLK, there wouldn't be SP. But without SP, i wouldn't be a TLK fan. There isn't much explanation i can do here (either that, or there's too much explanation to include in here).
Nevertheless, SP is my choice.
http://img69.photobucket.com/albums/v210/KovuLKD/Smilie16.jpg

nathalie
June 12th, 2004, 04:29 PM
The original.

That's when it all started.

Sharifu
June 12th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Well I'm not surprised SP is your favorite Kovu, cuz like, that's the only Lion King movie with Kovu in it. ;) I've met other TLK fans where they like SP more then the original, some girls like it more because it stars a female character.

unregistered user
June 12th, 2004, 10:20 PM
The Lion King, The Original and best.
But SP is good too and on my "favourite movies" list. TLK 3 is not THAT bad.....there are many movies out there that are worse but in this trio it's the last one.

unregistered user
June 12th, 2004, 10:28 PM
I don't know. I liked 1.5 better than SP, but that's just me. =\

Sadiki
June 13th, 2004, 10:26 AM
The Lion King ofcourse... what you expect? ok then SP and then 3 ( one and half)

Vidan
June 13th, 2004, 10:32 AM
I would have to concur with STM.

The Lion King had the most universal and at once heartbreaking and joyous plot, the best animation, and the best jokes (all of course IMO). Simba's Pride had some plot holes and shoddy animation, but good music. Overall, it worked fairly well as a movie. The Lion King 1 1/2 or 3, on the other hand, seemed more like a sketch film with scenes getting it from point A to point B, but, other than our already pre-existing inclination to like these characters, didn't really provide us with a compelling plot or a variety of characters, and hence, is probably the least likely to get repeated viewings from me.

Kovu
June 13th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Sharifu
Well I'm not surprised SP is your favorite Kovu, cuz like, that's the only Lion King movie with Kovu in it. ;)
That's the only movie/show/animation with Kovu in it. :kovusmile

Prince Simba
June 13th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Akili
I would have to concur with STM.

The Lion King had the most universal and at once heartbreaking and joyous plot, the best animation, and the best jokes (all of course IMO). Simba's Pride had some plot holes and shoddy animation, but good music. Overall, it worked fairly well as a movie. The Lion King 1 1/2 or 3, on the other hand, seemed more like a sketch film with scenes getting it from point A to point B, but, other than our already pre-existing inclination to like these characters, didn't really provide us with a compelling plot or a variety of characters, and hence, is probably the least likely to get repeated viewings from me.

me - "whatever that was, i agree..." ;)

Simba_2004
June 15th, 2004, 04:45 AM
i'm going to have to say TLK becuase it set the standards for the other movies and when i compare 1 1/2 and SP to TLK, they just dont' seem that good, I love TLK and it is my most favorite animated movie of all time!

Prince Simba
June 15th, 2004, 05:46 AM
^^ animated???? TLK is my favorite movie, period.

Simba_TLK
June 15th, 2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Prince Simba
^^ animated???? TLK is my favorite movie, period.

yep, same here :D :cheese:

Shatara
June 15th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Kovu
Ohhhkayy... guess i'm the only one who voted SP.
I'm not being defiant or anything. I simply answered the question.
http://img69.photobucket.com/albums/v210/KovuLKD/Smilie4.jpg
Best Movie: TLK
Favorite Movie: TLK2: SP
Without TLK, there wouldn't be SP. But without SP, i wouldn't be a TLK fan. There isn't much explanation i can do here (either that, or there's too much explanation to include in here).
Nevertheless, SP is my choice.
http://img69.photobucket.com/albums/v210/KovuLKD/Smilie16.jpg Agreement here.
The original was the best, yet SP still holds a bigger place in my heart...

Scar was a great villan (Jeremy Irons Rocks!), but I found Zira more compelling. She wasn't out for power, she was out for blood. Not to mention the whole psyco-sociopath thing ("What an Idea!...What...an I-...-dea!!"; "Scar, did you hear that?"; etc).

The (vocal) music in SP I see as better than LK's. My Lullaby and One of Us rank among my favorite songs ever.

Not to mention the 'without SP I wouldnt be a fan' thing Kovu mentioned. I honestly can't imagine the last 4 years of my life had I not seen SP...
Of course, who could forget Vitani http://img38.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Shatara/bumms/ebil.jpg;)

The only downs to SP were inferior animation, Kovu came off as a wimp, Disney cut half of Vitani's lines, Simba became a 'dellusional paranoid maniac', and 'Upendi' http://img38.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Shatara/bumms/hide.jpg.

And on plot holes, I don't see that as much of a liability, more room for writers like me to take things their own way. Heck, I don't know if I'd love Vitani half as much if she had a major role.

Simba_2004
June 15th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Jurassic Park is my most favorite movie of all time, it just kind of took over me and wouldn't stop taking control and everything i had was Jp stuff and when TLK came out i saw it and loved it but Jp still had me hooked and it wasn't until recently that i truly fell in love with TLK when i got the se dvd

Sharifu
June 15th, 2004, 06:55 AM
:lol: Cool! A JP fan!!! ;) I can't choose a favorite movie... Really... I just tell people, that TLK is my favorite animated movie and JP is my favorite live action movie. JP is great, dinosaurs are my favorite animals!

Mabatu
June 15th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Simba_TLK
yep, same here :D :cheese:

Yup, me three! TLK is my all time favorite movie! :hakuna:

If i had to give a second favorite, i don't think i could. TLK is special to me, hence it gets No.1, but no other movies make me feel the same way.
But other movies that i like heaps are:
The Return of the King (and the other two but the 3rd is the best), The Last Samurai (not something i'd wanna watch repeatedly but it was a very powerful experience when i saw it last)...and i can't think of any more ATM :idiot: :confused:

I enjoyed Jurassic Park too, but never considered it to be a favorite or anything. As for JP3, i think that is terrible - this is all just IMO though! :cheese:

Sharifu
June 15th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Yeah JPIII was pretty bad... But the dinos looked great though! :cheese: The first original JP is really good I think.

Mabatu
June 15th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu
Yeah JPIII was pretty bad... But the dinos looked great though! :cheese: The first original JP is really good I think.

That the dinosaurs looked great in every movie is undeniable. When i first saw JP in the cinemas when i was little, i was in awe at the amazing spectacle it was, when you see that first tall dino eating the tree - you know, where the woman (forget her name) stands up and takes off her glasses (or did sam neill do that :thinks: :confused:)

Anyway, yeah, only very good movies do that to you. So JP is very good. I just don't consider it a favorite though - sorry to say that. I hate it when people say they don't like TLK...actually nobody i've known has said that but if they did i would be very upset :alone:

Simba_2004
June 15th, 2004, 07:29 AM
for us Jp fans, http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=618

Sharifu
June 15th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Mabatu
Anyway, yeah, only very good movies do that to you. So JP is very good.

Yes, Steven Speilberg is such a great director. ET is another great movie, yes I know it's old, but I think it's very emotional. *Is a sucker for emotional movies* And Drew Barrymore was just adorable in this movie, she was such a cute little kid. ^_^

TakaTiger
June 15th, 2004, 08:10 PM
TLK! TLK!

Ruska
June 15th, 2004, 08:14 PM
TLK for me too. :)

CantSeewell
September 29th, 2005, 10:55 PM
original TLK for me

Ralli
September 30th, 2005, 12:11 AM
You know, I just wrote about four paragraphs explaining why I dislike the sequels.

Then I remembered I didn't need to. Because the question is simple, and the answer is simple: you can't beat the original.

Tada. My vote goes to TLK.

But if it was the two sequels against each other, I'd go with 1.5 by far, though I'd do whish for SP and 1.5 to have never existed and that Disney would've never even thought of trying to make a sequel for it. I won't go into detail why.

Opera Ghost
September 30th, 2005, 11:42 AM
The Lion King 1 .
An original can't be beaten .

Sombolia
September 30th, 2005, 03:07 PM
My vote has to go with TLK3 - I dunno why. ;P The only problem with it is after it came out, there was SO. MUCH. ANGSTING. Just be happy you got another bloody sequel that wasn't a badly thrown together collection of memories.

Ralli
September 30th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Sombolia
My vote has to go with TLK3 - I dunno why. ;P The only problem with it is after it came out, there was SO. MUCH. ANGSTING. Just be happy you got another bloody sequel that wasn't a badly thrown together collection of memories.

*snerk* Oh please, there is STILL a good deal of angsting.

That's the main reason why I wish Disney'd never made any sequels for TLK. Timon and Pumbaa getting their own movie made them get bashed even more, and I love those two to death. Had there been no TLK3, there'd have been less bashing of them...

This Land
October 2nd, 2005, 02:50 PM
TLK Definatly, TLK 2 has grown on me but will never beat the one and only TLK

Nalinda
October 2nd, 2005, 02:53 PM
TLK just owns it. None of the other TLK movies will ever be better.

DarkPaw
October 2nd, 2005, 04:56 PM
Definetely the original Lion King for me! :D I really don't try to be an 'SP basher', but it didn't stir anything in me or do anything special. The characters didn't seem like they'd be the...spawn of such wonderful characters we know. The music is to un-African if I may say so... The characters we already know and love have been twisted up, etc.

Okay not so important, but I even found a non-LionKing or Disney lover saying that the coloring was off!

I only give sizable credit to The Lion King 1/2 for maybe 3 scenes: The end of the CYFtLT scene, the climbing thepromintory scene...okayso onlytwo...

Daniel
October 2nd, 2005, 10:46 PM
first one for me :D

it is just pure magic, that the others could just not recreate. the music in the second one rocks, but the third one *bleh* dont get me started.

so the first one, cos it just brilliant, emotional, and the music pwns you all :p

Stellaluna
October 2nd, 2005, 11:14 PM
The Lion King, definately. They seemed to spend the most time and effort on it. The music, art, script... everything is top notch.

Kiara Serengeti
October 6th, 2005, 01:20 PM
SP!

ThiagoPE
October 6th, 2005, 05:34 PM
I thought i already voted in that but no.... then i done it today

The original Lion King is the best with out any doubt.