PDA

View Full Version : TLK Fandom?

Simba_TLK
June 3rd, 2004, 09:10 AM
I assume most of you are on this forum because of your extreme fondness of The Lion King :lol:

from what i read, most of you are in high-school or uni, so i was just wondering how have your non-TLK fan friends reacted about it? :confused:

well the thing with me was that with my first high-school i told most of my friends about it, as expected most of which though i was a bit weird :eww: and as all good friends do, they make fun of you :idiot:
now 3 years later i dont talk to most of them anymore.
doesnt bother me, well ive always thought that, if they are truely your friend they wont make fun of you and respect that this is what you like.
so that has limited my friends from High-school to about 3 :lol:, but i consider them true friends so thats good :)

so i changed school (unrelated reason) and at my new high-school i was VERY careful about who i told.
and now at uni, i have told none of my friends about it :p

so what is everyone else's experience relating to this topic? :D

Nephilim
June 3rd, 2004, 12:07 PM
Most of my friends appreciate the film and enjoy it, not as obsessively as me though. :jejeje:

BluNikori
June 3rd, 2004, 02:31 PM
One of my best friends thing's drawing itself is annoying, so i guess that doens't count ;)

One of my other best friends likes the idea cuz she appreciates all kinds of art, and we both love cartoons & TLK. I've got her into practicing tlk now :evilgrin:

My other friend doesn't really care as long as he thinks it's 'cool' looking. Just stick sum markings on a tiger or lion, some funky hair (lol like i like to do) :cool: but yeah...he's fine with it.

Other people walk up to me & go "ooh, is that Simba!" or something like that even if i'm drawing one of my definitely NOT simba TLK-based chars :lol: i think it's funny.

So far I haven't really run into people making fun of me (in a serious way..if that makes sense) altho i did have one Freshman kid say "what? are you gonna just keep drawing lions until they make another LionKing movie???" :lol: But there are enough people that appreciate what I do for the artistic quality rather than the subject matter ;)

Naline
June 3rd, 2004, 04:44 PM
I havn't had much of a bad experience with the whole mocking side of things. I've only told my closest mates that it's my favorite film and they don't care because it's one they like aswell, which is nice. =D

But i havn't told them that i'm a MAJOR fan and have tlk plushies in my room etc etc, so, what they dont know, they can't mock me for!!!

And besides, if i want to talk about tlk i can just come here and talk to you guys about it!!!! :cheese:

unregistered user
June 3rd, 2004, 04:46 PM
Yeah..kinda same here as with Naline and I dont even have plushies mwuahahahaa..my closest friends think im a nutter once in awhile tho :E but they like the movie

unregistered user
June 3rd, 2004, 04:47 PM
Well, since I joined this site after my school ended, I never told my friends about this site. But, since I have great friends, they would have probably thought it was normal of me to join such a site and they might have even joined themselves. They know I love Disney music and Disney movies very much. But my school is a little different than your average school. My school consists of grades 2-12 and it's a "gifted" school. So basically most of us are geeks/dorks who don't make fun of anyone.

SimbaLKD
June 3rd, 2004, 04:48 PM
Im never mocked... and if I am I just slap-a-hoe!!

seriously tho, sometimes people make comments then I have to explain why as such.

For the most part at one point I had an apartment full of TLK stuff.. everywhere.. and people would come and think it was really nicely designed.

Naline: Thats true mate, and the blout paul that was drunk with us last night, he was the one who made a point to stop and start singing hukuna matata at the top of our voices in the country.

Good stuff eh!
:)

unregistered user
June 3rd, 2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Most of my friends appreciate the film and enjoy it,not as obsessively as me though. :jejeje:

Muahahaha xD!!!
second's that emotion.
:cool::evilgrin:

unregistered user
June 3rd, 2004, 05:54 PM
Well, being the hermit that I am I don't have to worry about being mocked by friends, seeing as I don't have them http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v125/Xenti/1.jpg

However, when I went to public school, I would always get taunted it seems. Then again, there were others who were really nice and liked it too. When I used to go to Youth Group, no one made fun of anyone. We were a big group of misfits (I miss that so much :( )

Then there is my family, they make fun of me for it more than all the others put together. Sometimes I swear I'd just like to slap 'em all http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v125/Xenti/25.jpg

Oh well, the point is, i found this site and I can talk to other TLK fans on here, so yay for LH! http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v125/Xenti/3.jpg

Sharifu
June 3rd, 2004, 06:24 PM
I can't believe your family makes fun of you!!! They should be the last people to ever make fun of something you like! That makes me really mad! :grrr:
But anyways, no one makes fun of me for loving the TLK. Even one of my real life friends joined this forum. I told her about it so she joined. But she doesn't post here anymore. Just not a huge TLK like me, heh. :p But my other friends know I like TLK and they don't care. They probably like it too, but one of my friends I don't think likes TLK! Cuz I was talking with two of my friends and he was there, and I was saying how I love TLK, and he didn't say anything! You know how usually if you like something, and somebody says they like it, you say you like it too? He said he liked Mulan when I said I liked that, but didn't say anything when I said TLK! I can understand if you're not really a TLK fan, but how can you *not* like the movie? What a bum. :o :lol: :evilgrin: And my family likes TLK too, they think it's great movie with a good story. =D

unregistered user
June 3rd, 2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Nuka
Oh well, the point is, i found this site and I can talk to other TLK fans on here, so yay for LH!

Well,friend we are here for ya's xD!!!
:ayecapn::cheese::hugs:

Nephilim
June 3rd, 2004, 06:32 PM
My family think I'm too old. *rolls eyes*

unregistered user
June 3rd, 2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Sharifu
I can't believe your family makes fun of you!!! They sould be the last people to ever make fun of something you like! That makes me really mad! :grrr:

Well, believe it cause it's true http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v125/Xenti/37.jpghttp://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v125/Xenti/31.jpg

Originally posted by BeNzAi21837?
Well,friend we are here for ya's xD!!!
:ayecapn::cheese::hugs:

Thanks guys :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sharifu
June 3rd, 2004, 07:05 PM
My family think I'm too old. *rolls eyes*

YOU'RE too old? :woeisme:
Dude, you can never be too old for the TLK. It's not like this is some little kid's show like Winnie the Pooh. TLK has MURDER in the story. Ugh, I used to hate it how so many teenage girls liked Winnie the Pooh, it's a show for little kids! And they thought TLK was for little kids? :confused:

Mushroom
June 3rd, 2004, 07:20 PM
Amen! So many people in my class are obessed with Piglet and Tinkerbell! I just wanna ring their necks (especially Piglet he's sooo annoying!) but if I mention TLK they call me sad and when I say something like,
"Well you like Piglet and Tinkerbell! Why are they considered cool andTLK isn't?" Then the reply,
"'Cos their cute!" What the hell do I care!!! Simba, Nala, Timon, Pumbaa etc. You can't tell me they're not cute!

Nephilim
June 3rd, 2004, 07:23 PM
YOU'RE too old? :woeisme:
Dude, you can never be too old for the TLK. It's not like this is some little kid's show like Winnie the Pooh. TLK has MURDER in the story. Ugh, I used to hate it how so many teenage girls liked Winnie the Pooh, it's a show for little kids! And they thought TLK was for little kids? :confused:

That's why I was rolling my eyes. Then again, they could be mocking me because it's not the first think you'd associate with me.:confused:

Sharifu
June 3rd, 2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Mushroom
"'Cos their cute!"

That was their answer? :rolleyes: Um, if you want to put it that way, cubby Simba and Nala are cute, I mean what would they say if you said that to them?

Nephilim
June 3rd, 2004, 07:31 PM
I thought Scar was quite cute actually.

unregistered user
June 3rd, 2004, 07:31 PM
They only like Pooh and Tinkerbell because it's sadly a fad 9_9 Fads are dangerous and uncontrollable scary things. And more importantly, annoying.

Sharifu
June 3rd, 2004, 07:47 PM
:lol:

unregistered user
June 3rd, 2004, 08:00 PM
Well for me, I'm just pretty much known as a movie nut. I watch just about any kind of movie I can get my hands on. So, my family/friends etc. are used to me obsessing over a whole variety of different movies, and therefore, just see TLK as just another movie of one particular type that I fawn over a lot.

kcnmttcnn
June 3rd, 2004, 08:39 PM
Well..... none of my friends or family knows that I like TLK. Nobody knows what I like at all... cuz I hide it... I hide everything ~_~

Simba_2004
June 3rd, 2004, 11:03 PM
i have shared that i love lion king with my friends and of course they think i am a freak but in telling some of my friends, they revealed that they loved the movie as well. So i would have to say about at least 25% of my friends said they loved, 25% kind of expected it, and 50% said that i am a very weird person. My family very well knows i love the movie and make fun of me for it, but who cares, TLK RULES!

unregistered user
June 3rd, 2004, 11:12 PM
Well, glad to know I'm not the only one :hugs:

Sharifu
June 4th, 2004, 07:14 AM
How can people make fun of you for liking TLK? I just don't get it... It's a good movie.

Vidan
June 4th, 2004, 07:46 AM
My (former) coworkers know that I'm a TLK fan, but one of them has two cats named Simba and Nala and sings the songs at work, so in a way I'm beat, even if she doesn't know what CotPL stands for.

One of my friends called me a "sap" the other day (by which I think he meant "sensitive" or "childish," not its actual definition, which is stupid or weak) but I can't take him seriously when his entire bedroom is covered wall-to-wall with anime figurines, posters, and Sonic the Hedgehog memorabilia. (You'd probably get along well with him, Benzai ;) )

Heck, even my dad's really in to it. He's watched all three movies with me.

:hakuna:

I think I get more groans from people who can't stand the unbearably slow (for them) movies I enjoy watching, such as Ghost World, American Splendor, American Beauty, Slingblade, Judy Berlin (an independant movie I just love, for some reason), etc. Or the BBC miniseries Gormenghast. Or Babylon 5, with its very involving story arc which makes it unapproachable for those unwilling to do a little research or start from the beginning.

But again, there are two sides to everything. I think the Lord of the Rings movies are unbearably long. Their being long is justifiable. They're rich in scenery and plot. I just can't watch them all the time.

As I see it, that's the difference. Others know that they like The Lion King, but it may not be something that they feel is appropriate for them to watch based on a perceived expectation of role, e.g. adult vs. child, or masculine toughness vs. feminine sensitivity, and they will chastize you for pushing one of these boundaries, when they wish they could do so themselves. Or, it is something that they can't see themselves devoting a lot of time to, and will consequently judge others who do. This is all just speculation on my part, but I suspect that this may be part of the reason why others have reacted the way they do to our particular interest in this movie.

It's fine for others to have interests that are different than yours. Diversity of thought and opinion makes the world go 'round, so to speak.

Mabatu
June 4th, 2004, 08:05 AM
I havn't told anybody i know because its almost certain they would mock me, and i certainly don't want to feel bad about my LK addiction!

Woes, you are right about why people tease those who like TLK. They have expectations of what you would watch based on child vs. adult and those others. They immediately associate cartoon animation with children's movies. Shows how much they don't think things through - TLK is NOT a childrens movie!

DerekNitroRC
June 4th, 2004, 01:12 PM
How can people make fun of you for liking TLK? I just don't get it... It's a good movie.

everyone has their own interests and if they don't like something that you like then more than likely they are going to take it down becuase they really have nothing better to do with their lives

Nephilim
June 4th, 2004, 01:34 PM
While on the subject of mockery, the other week I bought a Lion King CD from HMV. The guy at the check-out laughed at me, asked me if I had picked up the right CD and informed me that "the goth section is on the next level". Looks aren't everything, ya know.

DerekNitroRC
June 4th, 2004, 02:06 PM
When i went to get the TLK soundtrack i actually had a worker at Circuit City come over and help me get the SE version instead of the double pack becuase SE had two new songs, so he talked me into it. When i went to the check out counter they just rang it up like it was nothing.

starlioness
June 4th, 2004, 02:32 PM
bah, stupid thing ate my post . :grrr: gotta remeber the limit on those smileys *sigh*. but in short, if people like me can like TLK then there is hope for this world ;)

unregistered user
June 4th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Woes you're right on, as are you DerekNitro ;) Society has this horrible habit of trying to decide what your life should be like for you, try to shape you into its image.

It tells you what clothes to wear, what music to listen to, what you watch, what cars to drive, what job you should take, how you talk, and who you should be with. Lotsa people follow it. Lotsa people also follow it who would rather not but do anyway. And then there those who go completely against it :p Did that make any sense? :p

nathalie
June 4th, 2004, 05:31 PM
When I was still in school, no-one cared about me, so they didn't care about what I did in my free time.

I was in college for 1 day (not really college, it's little different in Belgium).
And I was learning for kindergarten teacher.
So it worked out fine then, haha, think lots of little kids like Disney, so I had nothing to worry about.

SimbaLKD
June 5th, 2004, 01:16 AM
While on the subject of mockery, the other week I bought a Lion King CD from HMV. The guy at the check-out laughed at me, asked me if I had picked up the right CD and informed me that "the goth section is on the next level". Looks aren't everything, ya know.

Now thats a bunch of rubbish!! *grrr* Show me t him....:evilgrin:

I'll take care of him right, after a nice long pub visit first, then agian after!!

All for ya!
:D

unregistered user
June 5th, 2004, 01:18 AM
Yeah...thats the spirit LKD let him 'ave it!

Just wait a bit so I can watch ;)

Simba_TLK
June 5th, 2004, 06:29 AM

I hate when people do that. :grrr:
nothing like that has ever happened to me, like when the Disney stores where still around, i would just breeze into there look around, and pickup a TLK plush toy or whatever, and go to the counter to pay and i have never been given any weird looks or anything like it :D

but if that ever happens to me, boy will they get it :die: :grrr:
ill probably make a big scene out of it, just to see what they would do :lol:

SimbaLKD
June 5th, 2004, 03:03 PM
You know I remember now. When I was on the plane coming to England, the man was was sitting next to me saw my laptop's background and made a comment. "That is tacky" he said.

I remember saying something back to him but i wasn't really in the proper state to be having a 'chat' with anyone!

But that was srange because it led into like a 3 hour Disney convo! and more drinks for me!

Nephilim
June 5th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Ha. People can be so rude. I'd never say anything like that to someone. Mostly because I'm a coward...

unregistered user
June 5th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Ha. People can be so rude. I'd never say anything like that to someone. Mostly because I'm a coward...

You are not a coward!
you're just better than that xD.
;)

Nephilim
June 5th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Hehe, I am incredibly nervous in real life, so it probably is the first. But I try to be poliet anyway. :)

SimbaLKD
June 6th, 2004, 03:54 AM
I had forgot to mention that it was a really cool Simba background.. my bad.. so I was in an ill mood toward him after that!! ;)

unregistered user
June 7th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Hehe, I am incredibly nervous in real life, so it probably is the first. But I try to be poliet anyway. :)

Poliet is good,one must know ones limit!!!
;):evilgrin:

SimbaLKD
June 7th, 2004, 08:01 PM
whats the fun in that!!
:rolleyes:

Mabatu
June 8th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Nephilim, you sound a bit like me. I'm always polite to people i've never met before, like sales people and stuff, even when they start to annoy me. I guess I just dont have the guts to stand up to them. But then again, i think if it was a serious situation i would. Generally, when i need to do something, i do it. :bleen:

When i first changed my wallpaper from gollum to TLK (after realising TLK is the best movie of all time), my brother saw it and commented "Err, The Lion King?!" as though it was a little bit strange to have that for a wallpaper. But he hasn't given me any more trouble about it, which is good. He knows i bought the soundtrack too, but doesn't seem to care. But if a stranger insulted me like they did you LKD, i'd talk right back to them! :grrr:

King Simba
June 10th, 2004, 08:14 AM
ooh... sales-people are fun... im polite, i just say no... and then when they keep going, i say... "no thank you" in an incredibly annoyed fashion before saying "do you know what the word no means? obviously not... but still, you'd know if you'd ever finished college" but that one doesnt work if theyre like... a little kid or something

anyway back on topic:
most of my friends know that i like TLK, but only 3 know *ahem* the the complexities in their unabridged form. i have only informed a select few of my closest friends of the apex of worship i have for TLK.
*coughs several times, leaving "smart" mode*

*takes some asprin and prepares for more speech giving*
anyway... two of the afore mentioned friends, who are both girls, are fans of TLK as well, but in a much less complex manner
*eye starts twitching*
ok so anyway my third friend... dislikes TLK... a lot =(, which is unfortunate. sometimes he really gets to me...
one day he walked into my first period class, before school started, and just says... hey, whats up simba, dont forget to take your place in today's circle of life... and i was really mad :grrr:, but did nothing, but later i got a new TLK sn on AIM just to make him madder :evilgrin:

anyway... most of my other friends just accept me for who i am and dont really care what i like... in fact, lots of people (my parents and sisters included) call me Simba :D... and that makes me feel... a lot better than it does when it comes from... certain people... (and all the school bullies)

but anyway... my TLK fanaticism is mostly accepted... most of the time :D and that's definitely good... but there are definitely people i would want to avoid and IMO, going into a store to buy TLK stuff is not my idea of the funnest thing to do, but hey... if they give me a hard time about it, ill put it in their face and get on amazon.com... hehe

:lol:

Mabatu
June 11th, 2004, 12:23 AM
:) Excellent reply King Simba! Very interesting :bleen:

You should feel happy that most people you know, know that you like TLK (...weird sentence...) It's great that most of your friends, and your family, don't mind that you like it. And don't worry about the person who gives you a hard time about it, because there will always be a moronic bully who wants to bring you down (and yes i know that statement is extremely cliche, but that's because it's true!). Just remember, they are usually hiding some kind of inadequacy of their own - like they have family troubles or are in denial about something...or they are just plain morons, which is often the case :uhno:

Actually this reminds me of something that i wanted to talk about. The other day i had to sit my mid year chemistry exam for my final year in college (high school) and, even though i had studied sooo much, i found it very hard. The questions were almost like they were a whole level up in difficulty from what last years questions were, and the year before. Anyway i was quite upset, because i feel that i need to get outstanding results, that's so important to me. And i feel its likely that i didn't go so well. So at the dinner table i bring up the fact, and all my family ultimately did was make me feel dumb for finding chemistry difficult, as though its an easy subject - although before this exam i found chemistry quite understandable and possible to figure out. But the exam was :eww:

Anyway, my family doing that made me feel really frustrated and unhappy. I've kind of resolved now, as i should have done ages ago, to not talk to them about anything important to me. It never helps, they always just make me feel bad - they don't seem to realize i have feelings. :woeisme:

So my point is i won't be telling my family about my TLK addiction. But then if i did they might take me to see TLKoB (except not on broadway, in sydney!!). Oh, the indecision :worried:

Simba_TLK
June 11th, 2004, 12:27 PM
thats quite a predicament you got there :confused:
I guess you could always ask to go to TLKoB without actually telling your family you got a TLK addiction,
or you could always go on your own if they dont want to go with you :D

Mabatu
June 12th, 2004, 02:32 AM
:hugs: thanks for the advice!

I have asked them to take me before, and they seriously considered it before finally deciding it would be too expensive (i'm from melbourne you see)

If i keep nagging at them, they'll be like: why do you wanna see it so much? And i know they probly still wouldn't take me :grrr:

And they would never let me go on my own :alone:

Oh well. They said if it comes to Melbourne we'll definitely go to see it. I can't find any info regarding that. Do you think it will Simba_TLK? :D

Simba_TLK
June 12th, 2004, 02:40 AM
it might, but i dont think it will in the near future :confused:
from what ive heard it is going to be staying here in Sydney for a fair while. I guess it will be very hard to move the whole set and everything.

also on the TLKoB Sydney Website (http://www.disney.com.au/lionking/auditions/a_introduction.html) they are planning auditions for the next set of cast members. :p

unregistered user
June 12th, 2004, 02:51 AM
Good luck on that Mabatu *hugs* I know EXACTLY how you feel, seems are families are very much alike *hugs again*

Mabatu
June 12th, 2004, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Simba_TLK
it might, but i dont think it will in the near future :confused:
from what ive heard it is going to be staying here in Sydney for a fair while. I guess it will be very hard to move the whole set and everything.

also on the TLKoB Sydney Website (http://www.disney.com.au/lionking/auditions/a_introduction.html) they are planning auditions for the next set of cast members. :p

:rolleyes: :( That is what i feared would be the truth. I read somewhere that it cost millions to move Beauty and the Beast to melbourne (which i saw with Hugh Jackman as Gaston - now that he's a celebrity i feel pround about that!), and TLK sets and stuff is a lot more complicated than beauty and the beast. *sigh* Oh well i'll just have to nag at them a bit, maybe they will take me for my birthday - heck, i'll even pay my fare and stuff! :thinks: Hmm, maybe i could become a cast member :lol:

Originally posted by Nuka
Good luck on that Mabatu *hugs* I know EXACTLY how you feel, seems are families are very much alike *hugs again*

Really? Wow, thankyou Nuka! It's nice to know others can relate to what i'm saying. Thankyou :browlift: :hugs:

Prince Simba
June 12th, 2004, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Mabatu
:thinks: Hmm, maybe i could become a cast member :lol:

OMG! i want to be a cast member! that would be FUN!!!!! :D:evilgrin:

Simba_TLK
June 12th, 2004, 09:06 AM
being a cast member would be fun :D
but i have to face facts that:
1. I cant act
2. I cant sing

two of the main aspects they are looking for :p
facing reality tends to suck at times :lol:

Mabatu
June 12th, 2004, 11:52 AM
1. I cant act
2. I cant sing

:lol: i am in exactly the same boat with you there! ;)

Prince Simba
June 12th, 2004, 02:13 PM
1. I cant act
2. I cant sing

i thought it was the same with me, but im a fair actor... i couldve been on the voice cast for TLK and done a good job... hehe (and i was just the right age to have done young Kovu :cheese: )

I can sing... fairly well... but i need accompaniment... i can't sing as well alone, because then i can't get exactly on a pitch... maybe i should practice more

*grabs a couple TLK CDs*

Nephilim
June 12th, 2004, 05:36 PM
We should start our own.. thing.

Prince Simba
June 12th, 2004, 11:31 PM
lol... if by 'thing' you mean TLK show-type-thing then: YEAH YEAH LETS DO IT YEAH :D:D

if thats not what you mean, enlighten me...

lionloversam
May 15th, 2005, 08:24 PM
My friends seem indifferent to me being a TLK fan, but my family thinks I am wierd. I only know one other TLK fan personly and he is no where nearly obseesed as I am. But I hardly ever see him.

LunarCat
May 15th, 2005, 11:01 PM
My current friends accept me for who i am, but i have that odd feeling that my old friends(from my old school) think i'm a little bit bizarre.

Lucy Lioness
May 16th, 2005, 12:24 AM
I haven't really told anyone about it since I was made fun of for it when I was younger. :alone: People tended to think Disney was just for kids - so wrong! :browlift:

Xinithian
May 16th, 2005, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Ravoc

Then there is my family, they make fun of me for it more than all the others put together. Sometimes I swear I'd just like to slap 'em all [img]http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v125/Xenti/25.jpg Your family makes fun of you for it? That sucks!

I never tell ANYBODY IRL about how much I like TLK (actually, I'm not obsessed with TLK, it's just that I'm obsessed with Scar :evilgrin: ). I actually don't tell anybody IRL about most things. I'm pretty introverted.

Mizani
May 16th, 2005, 03:41 AM
I don't openly obsese about TLK cause I have other interests that I can talk about with them. My bro thinks its kinda weird thought he does admit it is a good movie.

Shoukai
May 16th, 2005, 03:43 AM
simply put,someone who dosent accept you for what you like/enjoy is not a good friend. personally, my friends are not what you would call supportive of my lion king hobby, but they don't go around harrasing me about it :). There are occasions where my friends talk the trash....but its all in good fun, seeing how one who does it the most is a "Beauty and the Beast" fan. I myself absolutley love tlk, so i really don't give a crap when someone i dont know mock me. So far, no other animated/real movie has captivated and amazed me more than The Lion King has.

Xinithian
May 16th, 2005, 04:05 AM
I hate it when my friends either say that "Aladdin" or "Little Mermaid" were the best Disney movies...

Shadow
May 16th, 2005, 04:21 AM
the ppl in my class "not friends" respeckt it pretty good....exsept that some times they use it agenst me when doing sick our bad jokes they are like

"oh did your TLK colection broke"

"did Simba run away today?..."

sick stuff like that

i just walk up to them and say face to face

"Am a huge TLK fan and am F"!?#ng proud over it aswell..."

the i ushely turn around and walk away leting them stand there speach less......

i got a friend though JP hes a really cool guy "aswell as his class" so am trying to chance class....am really sick of my own.....he is the only one that havent made a crack abut my TLK fandom

Azerane
May 16th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Wow, I can't believe I've not posted in this thread yet. After reading through all that I've almost forgotten the question. :p I used to think my love for TLK was quite secret but now I realise that it's not at all... :lol:

Okie dokes, so in Primary school I don't think I told anybody. After we initially saw the movie in 1994 I would sing the songs really loudly so my family knew I loved it then and gradually it's shown that I really like it through the poster on my wall, the few things around my room and the fact that I watch it fairly often :p A couple of weeks ago I was talking to my sister on the phone and she said that she and her husband had accidently stumbled across my TLKFAA :gasp: :zzz: ...so that was interesting... my little secret is out! In High school, I don't think I really told people that I loved it, it kinda gradually showed through the drawings in my books :D and then once I mentioned it to people, one girl said that she loved it too ...much to my suprise, except whenever she watches it she fast fowards the stampede, hehe. So yeah, my school friends grew to knew that I liked it, but I'm still kinda secretive about it even though they know. The really cool thing is that no-one makes fun of me for it, which I guess I am very lucky for.=D So my family knows about it, so do my school friends but that's it, no-one from my church or people in my course I'm doing-although they've seen some sketches I drew. I swear I was getting to a point... but now I've either forgotten it or I didn't have one. :p Oh yeah, that's right. Last year, I bought TLK on DVD when it came out but I couldn't watch it cos we didn't have a DVD player... and then for my birthday a group of my friends got together and made me a birthday card with TLK pics on it AND they bought me a DVD player so that I could watch it! *dies* hehe... so yeah, my love for TLK is out there more than I thought... heh. [/rambling]

Mizani
May 17th, 2005, 09:46 AM
aawww thats so sweet. My friends are cool even though they probably wouldn't but me a DVD player(even though I already got one:p)

Hanshilo
May 17th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Well i have never had any trouble with any shop keepers, and the lion king though, i don't think my dad has excepted me yet for this obssesion, my sister and my brother take the piss, now most of my brothers mate nows, none of my school no, just a few Andrea, some friend i know, she is bout 30, i mean when my mum and my famnily went a bit odd and thought that i was up to something i shouldn't be....:die:
I have to hide my tlk folder so no finds it...
I mean it isn't wrong for me to like the lion king, cause that is my impression that it looks like as well. Why does life have to be so complicated when you like The lion king....
:grrr:
Btw the only Character i like from winnie the pooh is Eeyore. but i even have to hide my floppy disks were i keep my pics cause my mums bf searches through them nothing is private. so i end up taking all my stuff into school and keeping it in my bag away from civillisation...:eek: