PDA

View Full Version : Are 'Simba's Pride' onwards actually any good?

Hakuna Matata
November 28th, 2007, 09:39 PM
The only Lion King movie I've bothered seeing is the original. Because most Disney sequels are quite bad, and to add to it, Walt never wanted sequels to his classics....yet they still make them regardless.

So, I'm just interested to whether I should bother to watch the movies from Simba's Pride onwards (including Simba's Pride.)

Tiikeri
November 28th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Simba's Pride is pretty dire, however it is watchable. There are a few good scenes in it despite the fact that Kiara has about as many brain cells as Britney and that Zazu's new voice is horrendous to say the least. It's not brilliant however I would still recommend seeing it though if you haven't already. <3 Kovu :P

The third however...avoid it like the plague. I have made drunken home videos that would make a better movie than that was. Ok so teen Simba was cute, hurrah! The rest of the film was childish and boring and did not score points with me at all.

Ok so I'm the forum's pessimist, but that's my humble opinion.

LunarCat
November 28th, 2007, 10:06 PM
You'd be surprised, some disney sequels aren't half bad....Little Mermaid 2 isn't that bad, nor Fox and the Hound 2 or Brother Bear 2

And the TLK sequels are alright, Simba's Pride is pretty good, but i never enjoyed TLK 1.5

King Simba
November 28th, 2007, 10:13 PM
I'm not really a fan of Disney sequels to be honest. SP is ok though. You'll be able to get me to sit and watch it, let's put it that way. It's just certain things that annoy me about it... Kiara, Zazu's voice, Simba etc. Kovu is a great character though, I think he was one of the best things that came out of SP.

About TLK 1 ?...well, I've had the DVD over 3 years now, and I've only watched it like a total of 3 times in 3 years. I don't reckon much to it really, doesn't the amount of times I've watched it tell you? xP

And so, my ratings for the two:

Simba's Pride: 6?/10
TLK 1 ?: 4/10

This Land
November 28th, 2007, 10:59 PM
SP is ok, as Tik said, it is watchable, got some good bits in it, and the song "He lives in you" i think in my opion is very good ^^

TLK 1.5 ( TLK 3). Was Disappionting for me, only good thing i like is that they done a better job on animation then SP and The scene when simba is adolescent is good aswell^^. TLK 1.5 Ruined though the whole magic aswell of why The Animals Bowed to Neborn Simba at the beggining, that really angered me ><. Not only they spoiled why the animals bowed, but they chose the most insulting way to do it.

FCSimba
November 29th, 2007, 01:25 AM
I would recommend Simba's Pride--merely for the fact that Kovu is a complete and total hawttie! :rawr: HAHA! No, but seriously, I did enjoy the plotline of that movie. I thought it was very cool and I love most of the new characters you see in it.

They did make Simba a little less likeable, and Kiara is as dumb as most say. I did NOT like her--but if you can look past her half a brain and onto Kovu, you'll probably like it.

...yeah, Lion King 1 and 1/2 is really, really lame. It starts out lame, continues to be lame, and ends lame. Although, I must admit, as Tiikeri said, Teen Simba is pretty cute.

So yesh, watch SP! :cheese:

Hakuna Matata
November 29th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Thanks, guys. And yeah, I'll rent Simba's Pride and give it a try.

nathalie
November 29th, 2007, 08:27 AM
The story is quite nice for a sequel acutally (in my opninion).

Graphics are horrible.

Guntur
November 29th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Graphics are horrible.

I got to agree with that :evilgrin:

TX-101
November 29th, 2007, 12:15 PM
It's all watchable. When you don't have anything better to do.... then they are all 3 good. Even if 3rd one is one huge comedy. It was never meant to be a serious movie.

Shadow
November 29th, 2007, 09:26 PM
simbas pride is real worth watching becouse it was made long before disneys " sequal spree" and thus have same qualety as the first one " really great music animations story etc" so akording to me tlk 2 is real watchable i recomden it becouse its not just an other sequal its a well made serius one "unlike TLK 3 "

nathalie
November 29th, 2007, 09:34 PM
TLK 3 wasn't ment to be serious.

Shadow
November 29th, 2007, 09:42 PM
i know lol but even as a "none serius movie" it wasent any good acording to me .. i only baught it t osee the new scenes with simba really...and colleters iteam

but i ghuess its okay really...

nathalie
November 29th, 2007, 09:45 PM
euhm, I don't wanna be rude and go off-topic, but if that is ment to be me in your sig, then my name is "nathalie" and not "nathaline" haha ;)

if not, then I didn't say anything ^^

Dyani
November 29th, 2007, 09:48 PM
TLK1 was a classic.. obviously ;)

TLK2 was.. passable. The songs make up for an abysmal Disney rehash of a Romeo and Juliet tale without the deaths of the title couple. >.>''

Havent even bothered with TLK3.. it sounds pathetic. I haven't bothered watching it.

Shadow
December 1st, 2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by ?nathalie?
euhm, I don't wanna be rude and go off-topic, but if that is ment to be me in your sig, then my name is "nathalie" and not "nathaline" haha ;)

if not, then I didn't say anything ^^

lol its not rude and il chance that :ayecapn:

but a reminded there is something called PM hehe:bleen:

Hakuna Matata
December 1st, 2007, 12:58 PM
I just saw Simba's Pride. One of the greatest sequels to anything I've ever, ever seen. In fact, some things are amazingly pretty much just as good as things in the original. It's ridiculously good for a Direct-to-DVD sequel.

It's more humour-based than the original, and I personally think it's a bit funnier. It also has some absolutely excellent animation that for the most part is pretty much just as good as the original's.

I actually remember watching this ages ago, because I remembered some songs and some scenes. I was pleasantly surprised, although I did vaguely recall seeing it.

Guntur
February 5th, 2008, 11:02 AM
I just saw this movie and my honest opinion, I can't stand another minute with the movie, I'm sorry if this bother you but that's how it is, with me. If the sequel okay with you then that's fine. for me not a great sequel but it's good to watch if you enjoy it.

lionloversam
February 5th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Actually, TLK2 is my favourite out of all three movies. Seen it well over 400 times, and that is just an estimate. .... I know, I am a little obsessed

Guntur
February 5th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Man how can you people survive with all that kiara's little.... giggling???? *screaming*

HasiraKali
February 5th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Fendi
I just saw this movie and my honest opinion, I can't stand another minute with the movie, I'm sorry if this bother you but that's how it is, with me. If the sequel okay with you then that's fine. for me not a great sequel but it's good to watch if you enjoy it.

Are you talking about SP? If so, I kind of agree with you. It's my least favourite of the three. I feel like a freak for liking 1.5 more than SP. :lol:

Hakuna Matata
February 6th, 2008, 02:03 AM
I almost like Simba's Pride as much as the original now. I still haven't seen Hakuna Matata or 1.5....whatever it's called. It sounds bad though. Even a 9 year old said it was bad.

Guntur
February 6th, 2008, 03:51 AM
TLK 3 or 1 1/2 are far more better then SP IMO, because it wasn't meant to be a serious movie. Just poking fun at the Circle of Life thing

If only Disney can rid out the kiara's giggling :idiot:

ZooK
February 13th, 2008, 03:28 PM
The only TLK movie I've watched completely was the first one, and I'm pretty content with that. I can't watch SP or TLK 1 1/2 longer than 10 minutes before I just get aggrovated and put in the original. I'm not saying they're bad or anything, a lot of people like the sequels and some even more so than the original. I just don't like change I suppose.

I guess personally its just hard for me to believe that the story goes on after the first movie. I must have some sort of "sequelphobia". :P No sequels or fanfictions for me.

nathalie
February 13th, 2008, 03:38 PM
About Kiara giggling ...

I must say though, Neve Campbell does a great job at voicing Kiara, hehe.

Guntur
February 13th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by ZooK
I must have some sort of "sequelphobia". :P No sequels or fanfictions for me.
must be the giggling too... :cheese:

KanuTGL
February 13th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I actually quite like SP, not as much as the original, but it still isn't bad. Some things could've been done better about it, but I think think overall that it's a good movie *nods* There are quite a few cool characters in it; like Zira, Vitani, Nuka, Kovu... (the Outsiders basically), and the animation if you compare it to other sequels is actually not bad at all. Though the fact that Simba doesn't really look like Simba and Nala not like Nala, and the other original characters not being themselves either sort of brings the grade down... Overall good though. Overall good.

Can't stand TLK1?... They ruin too many moments; use too much cheap-looking motion blur in their animation instead of actually animating it out, which I think is incredibly annoying; and I hate that Timon and Pumbaa constantly pause the film :roars: No. Just no.

TheColorYellow
February 15th, 2008, 04:42 AM
Simba's Pride is definitely not as good as the original, IMO, but it was better than most of disney's DTV sequels.

I haven't seen TLK 1 1/2. It doesn't interest me one bit. :confused: