PDA

View Full Version : Disney are spoiling it?s movies...

ThiagoPE
September 27th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Im so anoyed with this "new" from disney: I just bought my "The jungle book" platinum dvd, and when the movie started i saw some thing weird in my screen: They croped th movie (originally made in fullscreen format) for it fit in a widescreen format!

Original scene:
http://animationsforum.com/files/mogli1.jpg

DVD scene:
http://animationsforum.com/files/mogli2.jpg

For me its a big loss in each frame of the movie, if i had knew this before woulo not even buy this new dvd, the old is better.

nathalie
September 27th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Did you by accident post the same pic? *blush* (by looking at both URL's)

When I get mine (end of October, such a long wait :s ) I won't even notice the difference, because we never even really get original widescreen versions in Belgium.
So I don't know what I'm missing out on really.

ThiagoPE
September 27th, 2007, 09:12 AM
sorry nathalie, i was so anoyed yesterday that i didnt perceived that i posted same picture twice, now its correct

nathalie
September 27th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Ow, that is quite a difference ...

imported_kiara
September 27th, 2007, 09:19 AM
i was thinking the same about the double pictures XD .. its a shame they delete like half pic tho i dont really care much about it myself .. what if someone shows up from the bottom or the corner, will that someone just disappear then when the pic is cut like that? :confused:

Dyani
September 27th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Disney spoil their movies by adding very little reality to it full stop. But this just takes the buscuit. >.<' Sod 'em and watch anime instead :p

TX-101
September 27th, 2007, 11:50 AM
anime? never! I rather watch "snow" so here :p

Darkslash
September 27th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah, what's with taking AWAY material and calling THAT widescreen.

Dyani
September 27th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Cos they're cheap like that. ;)

TX-101
September 28th, 2007, 07:58 PM
basicly there ARE 2 errors. Not only they cut 2 parts of picture.. How cant they at least keep the quality?!!!

ThiagoPE
September 28th, 2007, 08:04 PM
TX, the quality was because i got the pic from the screen, even because the goal was show the black bars cutting the scene. It doesnot represent the real quality of the image

TX-101
September 28th, 2007, 08:11 PM
OK. a relief... i thought they screw also that up.

ThiagoPE
September 28th, 2007, 08:31 PM
I think they are not much far in doing that to promote the blu-ray discs.

Now every effort to make dvds worse, they will do

LunarCat
September 28th, 2007, 11:23 PM
eek! that's terrible! but is there a widescreen/fullscreen option on the dvd menu?

ThiagoPE
September 29th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Lunarcat
eek! that's terrible! but is there a widescreen/fullscreen option on the dvd menu?

This request is too much for Disney...