PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Episode

unregistered user
March 24th, 2004, 07:05 AM
Okay, I've gottent he impression from most of you guys that you don't care for 'The Timon and Pumbaa Show'. But, you had to have at least liked one, right? So, go ahead and spill the beans so to speak ;)

I liked the one with the beaver guy and his little son or something who keeps wrecking stuff at the theme park and Timon and Pumbaa have to keep working there to pay off the stuff, only to be blamed for more stuff that the kid breaks.

I liked almost all of the Rafiki, Zazu, Simba, and hyena episodes too :evilgrin:

Sadiki
March 24th, 2004, 11:48 AM
heh yeah... well thoes are not great episodes or most of them not great... but there is some great episodes
:cheese:

Zala
March 24th, 2004, 02:03 PM
I didn't watch them so I'm in no position to say my favourite episodes. ^_^

nathalie
March 24th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Been so long, since I saw those, can't even remember.

unregistered user
March 24th, 2004, 02:25 PM
I like the same episode as you do Leo :D The one with the Theme park and all the beaver Souveniers

unregistered user
March 24th, 2004, 06:58 PM
hehe, It's a good one isn't it R3CoR? :lol: =)

Ngatuny
March 24th, 2004, 07:00 PM
There are some good episodes but I can't single out my favorites. :evilgrin:

unregistered user
March 24th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Yes Leo, its dam funny :D but i dont know how it is on English cause i saw it in danish ;)

kcnmttcnn
March 24th, 2004, 11:00 PM
I can't really remember any episodes except the one when the relative kid of Rafiki's was playing with Rafiki's stick and broke it at the end...
I guess that one was good~

Naline
March 24th, 2004, 11:19 PM
I'm with Zala on this im afraid, i havn't seen any of them :(

unregistered user
March 24th, 2004, 11:24 PM
I liked any episode where they showed a bit of the tlk cast like rafiki and simba

CW Tyger
March 25th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Despite liking the series, I've only seen a few of the episodes, so I can't really comment on any one favourite.

Naline
March 25th, 2004, 07:26 PM
I wonder if you can buy the series from anywhere? Just out of curiosity?!?! :hmm:

(ooo the devils number [666])

unregistered user
March 25th, 2004, 07:32 PM
:gasp: :jejeje: :evilgrin: :eek:

unregistered user
March 25th, 2004, 08:05 PM
I'm still too stupified by the stupidity of there being mountains in Saskatchewan...I haven't watched it since. *L*

But there's one with Toucan Dan, I like that one *L*
Not sure how a toucan got to Africa, but still...:p

unregistered user
March 25th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Frequent flyer miles? :p :lol:

Naline
March 25th, 2004, 08:17 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one nuka!!!!

unregistered user
March 26th, 2004, 05:45 AM
Oh I hope that's how I can get to Africa someday too! *L*

Naline
March 26th, 2004, 10:11 AM
That would be cool, personally i'm just having to save my arse off for the safari trip im going on!!!!! But i suppose it's a bit different coz your actually going to live there! Right??

jazonhyena
April 1st, 2004, 06:15 AM
I like the T&P show, personally :ayecapn:

My favorite? One time I saw one with the hyenas and they ended up cooking this aggrevating nature-show guy for lunch. I would give like...well...not ANYTHING, but...like $5 or so just to see that one again. Cracked me up...

...every time I say T&P, I think of this one song "T&P combo" by 311...*shrugs* and that does not matter one iota to anyone XD sorry. Jazon shutting up...nnnnnow.

unregistered user
April 1st, 2004, 12:48 PM
If you're looking for that episode then i got it:p But its in danish :-)

unregistered user
April 2nd, 2004, 03:19 PM
I don't really remember the episodes... it's been a while.

unregistered user
April 27th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Sometimes i watch-it
on toon disney.

ChildOfThePride
June 26th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Man, I haven't seen this show in a while...I have to say, the story of Timon's colony, though inaccurate as of TLK 1 1/2 ("Somebody's gotta guard us! Somebody's gotta protect us!"), was genuinely hilarious. I can play the song he hums ('Money Can't Buy Everything') on piano.

King Simba
June 27th, 2004, 10:38 AM
I have two videos of Timon and Pumbaa. I think they're Timon and Pumbaa around the world and the other one is Timon and Pumbaa on Holiday. I haven't watched them in ages. I've seen the show on Toon Disney but I don't really watch it.

unregistered user
July 25th, 2004, 08:33 AM
I remember a while back, i was channel surfing, and an episode with both Simba AND Nala was present, and Timone and Pumba had to find some kind of flower to heal Sarabi?:confused:

Maybe im just crazy:idiot: but thats the only episode i remeber wanting to watch over again....ah well. :lol:

KatneySK
January 12th, 2005, 01:58 AM
"I remember a while back, i was channel surfing, and an episode with both Simba AND Nala was present, and Timone and Pumba had to find some kind of flower to heal Sarabi? "

I think you are crazy, dude. I've never seen Nala in the show. Anyway, my favorite episodes are any with Nathan Lane doing Timon's voice and "Once Apon A Timon" which explains how Timon and Pumbaa met and such. It was amusing story, but I prefer 1 1/2 to that. It's more... realistic. And I'm glad they changed Timon's Ma's appearance. She was WAY too scary in the series.

TakaTiger
January 12th, 2005, 01:09 PM
i havent watched that show forever :o

unregistered user
January 13th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Neither have I TT.

But from the eps I DID watch, back when it was on Public TV (ABC), my favorite ep with Rafiki and the Wildebeest.

I was laughing like heck then.

"What did you say?"
"I said I can't.." *smack*

hehe Rafiki and his staff...

Kiara Serengeti
July 5th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Rafiki and Simba were on the T&P series? I never watched it, but I was just curious, how was the animation?

Mizani
July 6th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Kiara Serengeti
Rafiki and Simba were on the T&P series? I never watched it, but I was just curious, how was the animation?
The animation was so- so.
Anyway, my fave ep was the one where Rafiki helps Zazu count all the animals in the Pridelands.

Disin
July 7th, 2005, 10:17 PM
I like the "Mister Pig" episode :cheese:

Kago
July 12th, 2005, 04:19 PM
I love the one where they were at the amusement park and Pumba wanted to go to the gift shot, but Timon wanted to ride the log flume, so Pumba used reverse psycology in an arguement.

Mizani
July 17th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Kago
I love the one where they were at the amusement park and Pumba wanted to go to the gift shot, but Timon wanted to ride the log flume, so Pumba used reverse psycology in an arguement.
I remember that one:lol:
Good stuff!

XtreamCrazy
July 18th, 2005, 02:48 AM
I haven't seen them all, only the ones my mother had bought on video... :thinks:
but my fave out of 'em all would haffta be the one where Pumbaa was struck by lightning and recieved amnesia... and Timon had to try to help him remember. That song "Stand By Me" that Timon sang, and when Pumbaa had a toaster or something fall on his head... priceless! :lol: I also liked the one where Pumbaa wants to be an elephant.

"Now I know why you're not so popular Timon, you're a grouch!"
"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"
"And you scream like a baby!"

*dies of laughter* :die: :uhno: :lol:

I wouldn't have thought ppl on here disliked the series. Personally, I thought it was brilliant. There was a lot of character building for Timon and Pumbaa in those episodes... like the one where Timon and Pumbaa think that Simba was back into eating animals and that they were next... I also liked that one...

Shutting up now...:cheese:

:cheese: :cheese:

unregistered user
July 18th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Ah yes, the 'Stand By Me' music Video x) That was indeed very much priceless x)

XtreamCrazy
July 18th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Glad I wasn't the only one who thought so... :)

Nela
July 19th, 2005, 10:41 PM
I never really got into it, considering many shows were unrealistic. Like the theme park and such, ya know? I never really saw the lion characters either, which also put me down :(

Mizani
July 21st, 2005, 07:45 AM
Has anypne seen the ep where Timon and Pumba tested Simba to see if he ate meat? Its was funny:D

Kovu The Lion
July 21st, 2005, 07:53 AM
Never saw them hehe sorry

XtreamCrazy
July 22nd, 2005, 02:45 AM
I saw that one Mizani! I mentioned it in my first post to this thread, j'st a lil above. I like that one :)

Mizani
July 22nd, 2005, 10:14 AM
*checks Xcrazys post* oops, so you did. My mistake:D

Disillusionist
January 21st, 2006, 12:21 PM
Only half a year too late for this thread but...

Yay T&P. I've not seen Amusement Bark and it sounds so good. Favourite episode might be 'Isle Find Out' or the classic 'Yukon Con'. Might watch one now.

Wish I'd known about this site 6 months ago *sigh*

Kalahari
November 19th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by jazonhyena
I like the T&P show, personally :ayecapn:

My favorite? One time I saw one with the hyenas and they ended up cooking this aggrevating nature-show guy for lunch. I would give like...well...not ANYTHING, but...like $5 or so just to see that one again. Cracked me up...

Being an avid disliker of Animal Planet bigshots like Jeff Corwin and Nigel Marvin, I loved that one. Not my absoulte favorite one though. The "Lion Sleeps Tonight" music video was. Just about the only one where Timon or Pumbaa wasn't hurt or obnoxious.

Originally posted by Soku
I remember a while back, i was channel surfing, and an episode with both Simba AND Nala was present, and Timone and Pumba had to find some kind of flower to heal Sarabi?:confused:

Maybe im just crazy:idiot: but thats the only episode i remeber wanting to watch over again....ah well. :lol:

I would pay to see that one. I wonder how many My Little Pony customs I would have to sell on eBay. I don't think Nala or Sarabi were ever in the show. Maybe there was another series made but never shown in the US. That plot line dosen't sound at all like anything from the T&P series which was full of slapstick humor and stupid puns.

Disillusionist
December 13th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Are some episodes banned?

I've been told Disney bans episodes of its series' for all sorts of reasons, to the annoyance of cartoons fans. These three episodes never seem to appear on the schedule and I haven't found anyone who has seen them aired at all:

Episode #47 Super Hog-o And Don't Have the Vegas Idea
Episode #53 War Hogs And The Big No Sleep
Episode #78 Escape From Newark And Truth Be Told

Maybe it's just a coincidence that they're never shown but I suppose having 'War' in the title might be enough of a reason for Disney to ban that episode. And, err, maybe 'Vegas Idea' "supports gambling". I dunno.

If anyone's ever seen these episodes please let me know.

Kalahari
December 14th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Disillusionist
Are some episodes banned?

That would not surprize me. I have not watched T&P in years but I remember one where they were in Russia and Timon was calling the local people "Red Squares". I think "red" is used as a refference to commuism.

And, err, maybe 'Vegas Idea' "supports gambling".If anyone's ever seen these episodes please let me know.

I think I saw part of one called "War Hogs". I saw the one where they were in Las Vegas (there may have been another one) and trained white lions (Sigfred and Roy parody of course the dudes had the names "Sigman and Loyd") lions looked more like Hanah Barbarba lions than those from TLK. What is people's problem with gambling anyway? 10 people in a town of 100,000 are addicted to gambling! We must ban it! :confused:

Disillusionist
December 14th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Thanks for confirming they do exist. It does seem that Disney are overly sensitive about a lot of things, but I might be wrong about them being banned. I've just never seen them aired. Guess I'll just have to keep watching the schedules to see if they ever show up.

There is one other issue with the episode list on Wikipedia and that's that two episodes seem to be the same:

Episode #56 Bug Salesman & Hot Air Buffoons
Episode #74 It Runs Good & Hot Air Buffoons

Never seen one with 'Bug Salesman' as a title but in 'It Runs Good', T&P have jobs selling cars.

But I doubt I'll find anyone else on the board who cares about that.
:hakuna:

Kalahari
December 15th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Thanks for confirming they do exist. It does seem that Disney are overly sensitive about a lot of things, but I might be wrong about them being banned. I've just never seen them aired. Guess I'll just have to keep watching the schedules to see if they ever show up.

There is one other issue with the episode list on Wikipedia and that's that two episodes seem to be the same:

Never seen one with 'Bug Salesman' as a title but in 'It Runs Good', T&P have jobs selling cars.

But I doubt I'll find anyone else on the board who cares about that.
:hakuna:

I've never heard of the bug salseman one either. I think it sounds kinda cute. I personaly would have liked to see them open up a Starbucks or Irish Pub in the Pridelands. :D Someone here did mention one I had never seen or that does not sound like anything in a T&P episode. Sarabi and Nala being in it. I'm thinking maybe there was a whole sperate series that never ran in the U.S. Also I think there was one with Scar. I never saw it but I heard of it, not on Lea Halea but from another site where these people had some animation cels.

Could just be a typo. Anyone can put stuff up on Wikipedia from college professors and doctors to three year olds... Just because it's on Wikipedia does not make it Gospel truth.

Disillusionist
December 15th, 2006, 07:02 AM
True. Actually I know the guy who wrote that episode list but he lost most of his interest in the show since he wrote it so doesn't know the answer.

I've never seen a Sarabi episode of anything but the animation cels of Scar could be from when he appears very briefly in the 'Around The World With T&P' video/DVD. The story in between the episodes is Timon trying to help Pumbaa recover from amnesia and at one point he drags out some TLK characters - Simba, Rafiki and Scar I think. Scar didn't speak and since it probably wouldn't have been Jeremy Irons doing the voice, I'm glad.

Kalahari
December 16th, 2006, 05:18 AM
True. Actually I know the guy who wrote that episode list but he lost most of his interest in the show since he wrote it so doesn't know the answer.

I've never seen a Sarabi episode of anything but the animation cels of Scar could be from when he appears very briefly in the 'Around The World With T&P' video/DVD. The story in between the episodes is Timon trying to help Pumbaa recover from amnesia and at one point he drags out some TLK characters - Simba, Rafiki and Scar I think. Scar didn't speak and since it probably wouldn't have been Jeremy Irons doing the voice, I'm glad.

I always did have a suspision that the "Around the World with T&P" would have something a little diffrent in it.

Kiara Serengeti
January 17th, 2007, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by kcnmttcnn
I can't really remember any episodes except the one when the relative kid of Rafiki's was playing with Rafiki's stick and broke it at the end...
I guess that one was good~

I saw that. The kid looked and sounded stupid, and Rafiki was just...blech. I mean, it was supposed to be funny, but could Rafiki really be that stupid?:nukawha:

Shadow
January 17th, 2007, 07:54 AM
what is this thread abut really ? 0.o

Edit: ohhh no i know what it is "V?rlden runt med Timon och Pumba "

lol forgot to translate to english...

well i think iv seen em all....sense the series bin on tv for like ages " not anymore sadly" but i can still buy the VHS in stores....mmmm think i will try and hunt down the dvd x3

Ciara
January 17th, 2007, 01:31 PM
i got the dvds and vhses shadow :D wanna borrow them for a while to copy? :p

Ciara
January 21st, 2007, 01:48 AM
guess what, tis is worth posting about, i saw TAtWwTaP 7 times tonight. Why? Long story no one need to know or would care about XD To reply to the first post now when i have seen SOME episodes again, i have to say the episode Never Everglades is the best one and always have been since they stopped show TP on the telly :lol: Gotta love that ugly chicken and poor uncle T. The beaver is great too, with his constant safety blabbering XD.

Anyango
January 21st, 2007, 04:12 PM
Oh wow favorite episode.... I can remember a handful...

Timon dressed as a Christmas elf, Rafikia's nephew breaking Rafiki's stick, Timon and Pumbaa celebrating bestest best friends day and Timon forgets, The one witht eh baby crocodile, The ones with Fred in it! ^^.. (Very happy to see that movie adaption of him, even if it was for like a mili-second), The one where they were pretending to be baby gorillas to hide from Quint! XD Uhmm...*thinks* The one with Rafiki and the wildebeast, of COURSE "Once Upon a Timon", And I totally remember the one where Timon got all freaked out about Simba eating meat and he thought they'd be next. Of course all of the song numbers i've watched, One where Timon ate a bug on the wrong day so he died and went to heaven where he met 2 gorgeous looking meerkat girls...and even the one with Speedy the slug I can remember!

A favorite though...a favorite though...*taps foot*... I'd have to saaaayy... Once Upon a Timon, Those music videos aannd... the one where Simba tries to eathim.. oh yeah! XD And practical jokre Fred.

Kalahari
January 22nd, 2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Anyango
Oh wow favorite episode.... I can remember a handful...

Timon dressed as a Christmas elf, Rafikia's nephew breaking Rafiki's stick, Timon and Pumbaa celebrating bestest best friends day and Timon forgets, The one witht eh baby crocodile, The ones with Fred in it! ^^.. (Very happy to see that movie adaption of him, even if it was for like a mili-second), The one where they were pretending to be baby gorillas to hide from Quint! XD Uhmm...*thinks* The one with Rafiki and the wildebeast, of COURSE "Once Upon a Timon", And I totally remember the one where Timon got all freaked out about Simba eating meat and he thought they'd be next. Of course all of the song numbers i've watched, One where Timon ate a bug on the wrong day so he died and went to heaven where he met 2 gorgeous looking meerkat girls...and even the one with Speedy the slug I can remember!

A favorite though...a favorite though...*taps foot*... I'd have to saaaayy... Once Upon a Timon, Those music videos aannd... the one where Simba tries to eathim.. oh yeah! XD And practical jokre Fred.

I never saw the Xmas episode. Only part of it. I think they want to buy an Xbox or something.

misty
September 21st, 2007, 02:46 AM
ohhhhh yeah i remember those episode * psyduck PSY .......DUCK*

Kailash
November 19th, 2016, 06:15 AM
I remember that I had Seen last one episode...That was good episode.